Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • welshdeedee
    • By welshdeedee 13th Aug 14, 10:05 AM
    • 27,163Posts
    • 120,009Thanks
    welshdeedee
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3
    • 13th Aug 14, 10:05 AM
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3 13th Aug 14 at 10:05 AM

New thread as it still makes us smile.
    30:22
    30:07
    29:07
Page 57
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 25th Jun 18, 12:59 PM
    • 7,072 Posts
    • 17,332 Thanks
    Anglea
    What do you all think of Casualty?

A bit of humour with the fish tank fiasco, Robyn scared to go against the parking ticket protest - I'm a bit surprised about that as she always seemed to be quite assertive in other ways.

I can't remember if Jacob's son knew about his dad and the paramedic before he made his move on her?

Ethan's confession didn't go to plan.

• Tallaght
    • By Tallaght 25th Jun 18, 2:27 PM
    • 793 Posts
    • 621 Thanks
    Tallaght
    I prefer Holby more than casualty.Much better overall with the storylines.
    • Bettie
    • By Bettie 25th Jun 18, 4:31 PM
    • 1,052 Posts
    • 1,196 Thanks
    Bettie
    I have my doubts Serena will go overseas to join Berni, expect there will be another drama for her at Holby to solve. It was cringy watching Sacha put his foot in it with Fletch and the CEO. The evil Professor is channelling the baddies in James Bond.
    Originally posted by Anglea
    I thought Sacha was quite funny and I'm warming to the woman that Fletch is seeing.
    As for the professor chap..I can barely hear what he's saying and the f1 he just fired ...well good riddance if she goes totally as I can't stand the way she speaks.
    • Bettie
    • By Bettie 25th Jun 18, 4:37 PM
    • 1,052 Posts
    • 1,196 Thanks
    Bettie
    What do you all think of Casualty?

A bit of humour with the fish tank fiasco, Robyn scared to go against the parking ticket protest - I'm a bit surprised about that as she always seemed to be quite assertive in other ways.

I can't remember if Jacob's son knew about his dad and the paramedic before he made his move on her?

Ethan's confession didn't go to plan.
    I don't know what all the fish tank stuff is about..going to assume a fish died and was replaced?
    Dylan wasn't in it
    I don't think anyone knows about Jacob and his new beau but I could be wrong..
    And it's time they got shot of Ethan and the one that sleeps with everyone..can't remember her name , she was at the end, the faces she pulls !
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 25th Jun 18, 6:04 PM
    • 25,298 Posts
    • 66,313 Thanks
    pollypenny
    I like Alicia. She was given a hard time by Lily when she was an F1. She is rare young doctor from a working class background.

Ethan is nice, but too wet.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 1st Aug 18, 12:08 PM
    • 3,838 Posts
    • 16,941 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Clearly not much interest in current stories!

Poor Henrik, really needed to give him a hug last night
    A smile costs little but creates much
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 1st Aug 18, 1:16 PM
    • 25,298 Posts
    • 66,313 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Might be a bit more realistic if Fletch's dad stay and helps out. He must be super dad to look after four kids and work a 16 hour day, then have time for dating.

• Bettie
    • By Bettie 1st Aug 18, 7:32 PM
    • 1,052 Posts
    • 1,196 Thanks
    Bettie
    Did I hear Henrik singing last week? And this week he's in love!
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 1st Aug 18, 9:00 PM
    • 7,072 Posts
    • 17,332 Thanks
    Anglea
    Clearly not much interest in current stories!

Poor Henrik, really needed to give him a hug last night
    Originally posted by Gettingtherequickly

I completely forgot to post after Casualty and the latest with Alicia and Bea and Jacob's son having a crush on the paramedic, Jacob hiding in the ambulance.

Fletch's dad is an actor I never thought particularly convincing in any of his roles so hope he's better this time.

• pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 2nd Aug 18, 8:29 AM
    • 25,298 Posts
    • 66,313 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Do you think Alicia really was raped? Or was she so drunk that she doesn't remember beyond taking the lead?

Think we'll have a rerun of the Ched Evans case -except that it will be over in three weeks or so.

• archived user
    Do you think Alicia really was raped?
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    No but she's convinced herself she has.
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 5th Aug 18, 10:42 AM
    • 25,298 Posts
    • 66,313 Thanks
    pollypenny
    OMG!

How ridiculous was Casualty last night?

The consequences of the 'rape', then Alicia falling through the door severing an artery which wasn't dramatic enough do they had to throw in the ambulance crashing! That was not enough, so way not have an explosion!

Melodramatic!

• Mrs Arcanum
    • By Mrs Arcanum 5th Aug 18, 10:50 AM
    • 18,597 Posts
    • 38,955 Thanks
    Mrs Arcanum
    Do you think Alicia really was raped? Or was she so drunk that she doesn't remember beyond taking the lead?

Think we'll have a rerun of the Ched Evans case -except that it will be over in three weeks or so.
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    Yes, her mental state shows she sincerely believes she has been raped. With Eddie possibly realising after she confronted him, that is what he has done.

Odd how he did nothing to help after she was pushed through the window except call the ambulance. Any decent person would have done more to help whilst waiting for the ambulance to turn up. Even worse considering he is an ED doctor.
    Last edited by Mrs Arcanum; 05-08-2018 at 11:13 AM.
    “We put all our politicians in prison as soon as they’re elected. Don't you?" "Why?” “It saves time.” - Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent.
    • Februarycat
    • By Februarycat 5th Aug 18, 11:05 AM
    • 1,306 Posts
    • 1,758 Thanks
    Februarycat
    Gosh it all happened last night in the last 5 mins of episode! I had a feeling the ambulance would crash. Looks like that will be the end of Eddie's career for definite now.
    I though Alicia was stupid letting him in the house, who would do that, he even started to walk away, she should have shut the door.
    OnePoll = £40.00 11/3/16 - £40 28/12/17
    £25.00 11/10/18
    Pureprofile = £20.50
    PanelOpinion = £4.90
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 5th Aug 18, 7:01 PM
    • 7,072 Posts
    • 17,332 Thanks
    Anglea
    I was actually wondering if he was going to run away without getting help. I was getting annoyed with the way she was crying, I don't know if it just sounded the wrong pitch or something but it was getting on my nerves compared to the sounds other people make on the show whilst in pain.

Did any of you think it strange that the burns victim was able to keep asking Duffy (by name) about burn percentages I would have imagined you would be too exhausted to even open your eyes under those circumstances let alone remember or ask medical questions. As she seemed to know about percentages at all means she is likely a medical professional herself, so wouldn't she be more sympathetic towards her husband and his work?

When the episode first started I thought the wife was his daughter.

The only positive scene that I can recall is Gemma giving that doctor a kiss on the cheek.

• Bettie
    • By Bettie 6th Aug 18, 6:50 AM
    • 1,052 Posts
    • 1,196 Thanks
    Bettie

Did any of you think it strange that the burns victim was able to keep asking Duffy (by name) about burn percentages I would have imagined you would be too exhausted to even open your eyes under those circumstances let alone remember or ask medical questions. As she seemed to know about percentages at all means she is likely a medical professional herself, so wouldn't she be more sympathetic towards her husband and his work.
    One of the staff referred to her as "one of us" . Think she was a nurse?
    She thought her husband was having an affair hence lack of sympathy . I thought Dylan was good as he tried to save her. It seemed quite realistic but then, not working in that environment I could be totally wrong.
    I was quite impressed with the ambulance crash as well. The trailer though always flatters to deceive.
    A far better episode than Holby I thought.
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 7th Aug 18, 12:19 PM
    • 7,072 Posts
    • 17,332 Thanks
    Anglea
    One of the staff referred to her as "one of us" . Think she was a nurse?
    She thought her husband was having an affair hence lack of sympathy . I thought Dylan was good as he tried to save her. It seemed quite realistic but then, not working in that environment I could be totally wrong.
    I was quite impressed with the ambulance crash as well. The trailer though always flatters to deceive.
    A far better episode than Holby I thought.
    Originally posted by Bettie

The part about the affair, unless I imagined it I thought the wife mentioned she had known he was getting calls and texts from some woman so I assumed she had looked through his phone to know this and read them and might have seen photos of the baby too. But as there was a lot going on in this episode those scenes might have happened in another way than I recall.

• Anglea
    • By Anglea 15th Aug 18, 5:11 PM
    • 7,072 Posts
    • 17,332 Thanks
    Anglea
    I don't know about the rest of you but I was getting confused with some of the scenes from Casualty as I could have sworn I'd already seen them last week.

The papers implied there would be a tragedy but I didn't guess who it was going to be.

I wonder if Ian is going to get into trouble as I expect Ruby will eventually say they left that woman's house who caused the domino effect of events even though Ruby thought they shouldn't have done.

Holby - I wonder how long before Jac is working again, it's usually miracle cures on the wards? I wouldn't be surprised if something happens to Bernie and Serena ends up with Fletch's dad.
    Last edited by Anglea; 15-08-2018 at 5:13 PM.

• Bettie
    • By Bettie 15th Aug 18, 7:00 PM
    • 1,052 Posts
    • 1,196 Thanks
    Bettie
    Maybe I'm thick but after a few minutes of Casualty I stopped watching the TV and googled to see if I had missed an episode as I knew previous ended with an ambulance crash yet here was Ian and Ruby??? on a trip to Mia uninjured - when I thought they were in a crash, bleeding and bruised....later it became clear.
    Holby last night and I decided I am not keen on Fletch's Dad.
    Still don't like that Dr Who fella either.
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 15th Aug 18, 7:22 PM
    • 25,298 Posts
    • 66,313 Thanks
    pollypenny
    I'm hoping for a sweet romantic get together for Jac and Fletch. Yes, Fletch's dad has his eye on Serena, who will probably decide she not lesbian after all.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,967Posts Today

7,355Users online

Martin's Twitter