Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • welshdeedee
    • By welshdeedee 13th Aug 14, 10:05 AM
    • 27,163Posts
    • 120,009Thanks
    welshdeedee
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3
    • 13th Aug 14, 10:05 AM
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3 13th Aug 14 at 10:05 AM

New thread as it still makes us smile.
    30:22
    30:07
    29:07
Page 55
    • maman
    • By maman 13th Apr 18, 4:51 PM
    • 18,076 Posts
    • 108,209 Thanks
    maman
    I don't even remember anyone transgender in Holby even though I watch it every week, the only character I have seen lately had been in Doctors, just shows that it no longer holds my attention other than Roxanne's outfits and whatever Dom is doing.
    Originally posted by Anglea

There was a girl on the cardiac ward for the last couple of weeks. She seemed to be at the same school as Fletch's daughter. When they ran tests for her op it came out that she had high levels of testosterone and then it all spilled out that she'd been uncertain of her gender for ever but never told anyone about it but decided to tell Frieda.
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 26th Apr 18, 1:25 PM
    • 7,050 Posts
    • 17,294 Thanks
    Anglea
    Thanks Maman for the explanation about the patient.

Will Dom ever get a shave?

Who is the mystery new man from Frieda's past? He was married when they were studying medicine together so I wonder what he's got himself into since then?

Watching the illegal procedure at the flat reminded me of so many other times the staff took on similar risks, operations in the basement, addictions, personal involvement with patients, bringing children to work, and and the best one is walking out of their jobs without giving any notice.

• Anglea
    • By Anglea 29th Apr 18, 5:36 PM
    • 7,050 Posts
    • 17,294 Thanks
    Anglea
    Ethan's not thinking straight, it'll all end in tears with that girl.

What did you all think of Casualty?

• pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 29th Apr 18, 5:50 PM
    • 24,217 Posts
    • 63,245 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Oh, Ethan is heading for trouble!

Connie back next week, anyway.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • ERICS MUM
    • By ERICS MUM 29th Apr 18, 8:05 PM
    • 3,485 Posts
    • 6,470 Thanks
    ERICS MUM
    The Ethan storyline is ridiculous, I couldn!!!8217;t be bothered to watch it properly last night.

If Jac is such a senior consultant, how can her department manage with just one doctor ? The ward has gone from having Jac, the Italian (whose name escapes), Mo, Oliver and Zosia to just Frieda ? Another ridiculous storyline.

I know all fiction requires the reader/viewer to !!!8220;suspend reality!!!8221;, but surely it needs to bear some similarity to real life ?
    • maman
    • By maman 29th Apr 18, 8:15 PM
    • 18,076 Posts
    • 108,209 Thanks
    maman

If Jac is such a senior consultant, how can her department manage with just one doctor ? The ward has gone from having Jac, the Italian (whose name escapes), Mo, Oliver and Zosia to just Frieda ? Another ridiculous storyline.

I know all fiction requires the reader/viewer to !!!8220;suspend reality!!!8221;, but surely it needs to bear some similarity to real life ?
    Originally posted by ERICS MUM
    I've always thought the way people come and go in Holby farcical as I have a HR background.

That being said, it's possible that what we've been seeing is a bit of Art imitating Life. I know it's very difficult to recruit and retain A&E consultants. Maybe it's the same with cardiothoracic??
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 29th Apr 18, 8:51 PM
    • 24,217 Posts
    • 63,245 Thanks
    pollypenny
    The Ethan storyline is ridiculous, I couldn!!!8217;t be bothered to watch it properly last night.

Originally posted by ERICS MUM

I said the same about two weeks ago.

• maman
    • By maman 2nd May 18, 10:49 AM
    • 18,076 Posts
    • 108,209 Thanks
    maman
    Interesting last night with Fletch and Whatsername in the lift.

Do we know how Nicky got herself in so much debt?

Is there more to Xavier's story than just embarrassment over being a child actor in a tacky advert?

It really is hard to keep up.
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 2nd May 18, 1:47 PM
    • 3,700 Posts
    • 16,132 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Interesting last night with Fletch and Whatsername in the lift.

Do we know how Nicky got herself in so much debt?

Is there more to Xavier's story than just embarrassment over being a child actor in a tacky advert?

It really is hard to keep up.
    Originally posted by maman
    Not sure on Whatsername and what she is actually doing. The lovely Henrik, his hair a bit of a mess

I think that Xavier may be estranged from family and that his acting earnings were protected by the courts or something, How on earth would he have the cash to clear Nicky's debt. I suspect her debt is purely living, got the impression that she has come from a difficult background and she has worked her butt off to achieve her degree.
    A smile costs little but creates much
    • ERICS MUM
    • By ERICS MUM 2nd May 18, 3:31 PM
    • 3,485 Posts
    • 6,470 Thanks
    ERICS MUM
    I had no idea his name is Xavier, that will teach me to catch up on my e mails while watching telly !

Looks like Fletch has got 2 women lining up for him. I don't like that Abigail (well, we aren't supposed to !). Is Jac coming back ?

I still haven't worked out what happened with Jason, his girlfriend and her baby ?
    • JIL
    • By JIL 2nd May 18, 11:59 PM
    • 3,078 Posts
    • 20,349 Thanks
    JIL
    I really did not like the Mikey scenes,so over the top.i have never ever met a child like that. It was cringey. What were the writers thinking. If a colleague's child acted like that I am sure it would not be accepted as if it were normal. The eye thing especially.
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 3rd May 18, 8:41 AM
    • 24,217 Posts
    • 63,245 Thanks
    pollypenny
    I really did not like the Mikey scenes,so over the top.i have never ever met a child like that. It was cringey. What were the writers thinking. If a colleague's child acted like that I am sure it would not be accepted as if it were normal. The eye thing especially.
    Originally posted by JIL

Absolutely! What a vile child! Those watching you signs!

Xavier must have access to his earnings, as he paid off Nikki's debts: implausible again!

• Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 9th May 18, 4:29 PM
    • 3,700 Posts
    • 16,132 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    No comment about last night, doesn't deserve one.
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 9th May 18, 5:15 PM
    • 7,050 Posts
    • 17,294 Thanks
    Anglea
    Originally posted by Gettingtherequickly
    Not even about Roxanne's blouse?

• pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 9th May 18, 6:17 PM
    • 24,217 Posts
    • 63,245 Thanks
    pollypenny

I could not be bothered to comment on Casualty as it was so carp! The Ethan and Leigh-Ann plot is farcical.

Poor Dom, though! The lad has no luck.

We can all wait for Professor Gaskell to fall. I am on holiday for a fortnight from Monday so will miss it, I hope.

Bring back Jac! And Mo! And Derwood! Maybe Ollie.....

• maman
    • By maman 9th May 18, 6:20 PM
    • 18,076 Posts
    • 108,209 Thanks
    maman

Henrik was wearing a jumper!
    • ERICS MUM
    • By ERICS MUM 10th May 18, 9:04 AM
    • 3,485 Posts
    • 6,470 Thanks
    ERICS MUM
    What happened to Zosia and Ollie ? She popped back soon after Ollie was injured but didn't hang around long. Is their marriage over or has he moved out to the US now ?
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 10th May 18, 1:34 PM
    • 3,700 Posts
    • 16,132 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    I am so unobservant when it comes to what people are wearing that I genuinely have no idea of what she was wearing

I did notice the lovely Henrik wearing a jumper though! Which has just reminded me of the only decent part, the continuing gentle relationship he has with Dom.
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 12th May 18, 12:28 PM
    • 7,050 Posts
    • 17,294 Thanks
    Anglea
    I am so unobservant when it comes to what people are wearing that I genuinely have no idea of what she was wearing

I did notice the lovely Henrik wearing a jumper though! Which has just reminded me of the only decent part, the continuing gentle relationship he has with Dom.
    For whatever reason all I ever noticed of Roxanne was her clothes, in a similar way to my obsession with Zoe on Casualty and her attire, in previous weeks Roxanne wore the same outfits each time which included a shortish skirt but this Tuesday she had trousers and a long sleeved white shirt with green leaves all over so it was a startling choice - I was surprised there weren't any comments from the other staff which I would imagine in real life.

On the other hand, I didn't notice Henrik and the jumper lol

No Casualty this evening so we've got another week to wait to see Connie in her new hairstyle and what further mess Ethan gets himself into.

• Anglea
    • By Anglea 28th May 18, 4:56 PM
    • 7,050 Posts
    • 17,294 Thanks
    Anglea
    Casualty - I thought the final scenes were odd as the young doctor said to Ethan's ex that he assumed they were still together and she said no, they'd been off for the past 1 and half hours (then proceeded to snog at every opportunity) as I thought Ethan wasn't happy with her after her ever since she was unmasked as the mystery blogger, so why would she even assume they were still a couple?

I wonder how long before Ethan's secret will be revealed to the baby's mother?

What did you all think of Holby and Serena's ugly goblins?

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,661Posts Today

6,369Users online

Martin's Twitter