Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • welshdeedee
    • By welshdeedee 13th Aug 14, 10:05 AM
    • 27,163Posts
    • 120,009Thanks
    welshdeedee
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3
    • 13th Aug 14, 10:05 AM
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3 13th Aug 14 at 10:05 AM

New thread as it still makes us smile.
    30:22
    30:07
    29:07
Page 53
    • maman
    • By maman 21st Feb 18, 7:29 PM
    • 18,004 Posts
    • 107,724 Thanks
    maman
    Oooh, Jac and Fletch came close last night!
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    Yes, but trust Essie to interfere!
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 12th Mar 18, 5:35 PM
    • 7,048 Posts
    • 17,294 Thanks
    Anglea
    Do you think Ethan did the right thing by not naming the mystery blogger when he had the chance?

• Bettie
    • By Bettie 12th Mar 18, 6:05 PM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 1,175 Thanks
    Bettie
    Surprised Jac didn't get it out of him. Finding it a bit boring lately.
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 12th Mar 18, 7:42 PM
    • 24,053 Posts
    • 62,681 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Missing it now. I am in the UsA.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • maman
    • By maman 20th Mar 18, 11:56 AM
    • 18,004 Posts
    • 107,724 Thanks
    maman
    Last week's neuro surgeon had a husband (a professor apparently) who had dementia. he seemed to be an old friend of Henrik's. The storyline was that she went head to head with Ollie for funding and he was so moved by their situation that he sort of withdrew.

This week there was a neuro surgeon that seemed also to know Henrik from way back.
    Originally posted by maman

Bad form to quote my own post (from November) I know but I just had to check how long she's been around.

I still find it really difficult to relate to her (just had to look up her name, Roxanne). It's as if she's just waltzed into the hospital with her husband and now been written in to a storyline that takes centre stage week on week. I find the emotional responses between her and Ollie uncomfortable. Certainly not my favourite character.

Do we think Ric will get off tonight or will the trial last for weeks and weeks? Some repercussions from the crazy son of the woman?
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 20th Mar 18, 2:13 PM
    • 7,387 Posts
    • 10,659 Thanks
    KxMx
    Mum watches every week and I usually end up watching as well

I do get a bit bored of how frequently they (near instantly) diagnose IBD.

Would be good if something rarer and more exotic was found from time to time.
    • Bettie
    • By Bettie 20th Mar 18, 2:14 PM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 1,175 Thanks
    Bettie
    Bad form to quote my own post (from November) I know but I just had to check how long she's been around.

I still find it really difficult to relate to her (just had to look up her name, Roxanne). It's as if she's just waltzed into the hospital with her husband and now been written in to a storyline that takes centre stage week on week. I find the emotional responses between her and Ollie uncomfortable. Certainly not my favourite character.

Do we think Ric will get off tonight or will the trial last for weeks and weeks? Some repercussions from the crazy son of the woman?
    She was around a good few years ago when Tara, Oliies wife, died, Roxanne was operating on her then she went away for a few years and I think she came back just after that Guy Self left - to take over Neurology from him, probably October or November, not sure, time flies.
    The Ric story is ridiculous and I have no time for it.
    Hope tonight is a bit livelier than last week.
    • Bettie
    • By Bettie 20th Mar 18, 2:16 PM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 1,175 Thanks
    Bettie
    Do you think Ethan did the right thing by not naming the mystery blogger when he had the chance?
    Originally posted by Anglea
    What a jumped up little man he's become .
    • ERICS MUM
    • By ERICS MUM 20th Mar 18, 2:40 PM
    • 3,485 Posts
    • 6,470 Thanks
    ERICS MUM
    The Ethan storyline is ridiculous. Hes only just become a consultant but already hes managing A&E, which is probably an executive appointment in large hospitals.

As for the staff - if mine had laughed and joked around while work was piling up they would have been on a disciplinary.
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 23rd Mar 18, 2:53 PM
    • 7,048 Posts
    • 17,294 Thanks
    Anglea

I can't seem to like Rozanne either and it did seem strange the way she suddenly seems to be in every episode. I don't remember her from the Tara days.

It was strange to see Jac in Casualty.

I don't have such a problem with Ethan as he always seemed to be anxious in comparison to his brother so I expect he's trying to keep in with management and can't relax around colleagues.

The wedding disaster's going to be on Saturday, why anyone bothers to get married in medical soaps is another matter I don't think they ever go right.

• maman
    • By maman 23rd Mar 18, 3:40 PM
    • 18,004 Posts
    • 107,724 Thanks
    maman
    I can't seem to like Rozanne either and it did seem strange the way she suddenly seems to be in every episode. I don't remember her from the Tara days.

I don't remember her either. Obviously Tara had a surgeon but certainly not centre stage like this time.
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 23rd Mar 18, 9:04 PM
    • 24,053 Posts
    • 62,681 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Oh, whose wedding?

I am well-behind the times. IPlayer will be hammered next week.

• ERICS MUM
    • By ERICS MUM 24th Mar 18, 10:00 AM
    • 3,485 Posts
    • 6,470 Thanks
    ERICS MUM
    Oh, whose wedding?

I am well-behind the times. IPlayer will be hammered next week.
    I saw a trailer one evening and itís Robyn the nurseís marriage to her boyfriend and baby Charlotteís dad, sorry I canít remember his name. Heís got cancer but seems to have been quite well for a while.

Just realised that my reply sounds like Iím talking about a real person ! I can tell the difference between fiction and real life, honest ! !!!128514;
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 24th Mar 18, 12:40 PM
    • 24,053 Posts
    • 62,681 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Oh, yes. They were about to marry before and he left her standing, as he didn!!!8217;t want her to see him die.

Osian?

• ERICS MUM
    • By ERICS MUM 24th Mar 18, 2:04 PM
    • 3,485 Posts
    • 6,470 Thanks
    ERICS MUM
    Something that's confusing me. The story line about Ric shows him delivering a baby for Jason's girlfriend back on the day that woman died. What has happened to the baby, I haven't heard Jason or Serena mention it.
    • maman
    • By maman 24th Mar 18, 5:27 PM
    • 18,004 Posts
    • 107,724 Thanks
    maman
    Something that's confusing me. The story line about Ric shows him delivering a baby for Jason's girlfriend back on the day that woman died. What has happened to the baby, I haven't heard Jason or Serena mention it.
    Originally posted by ERICS MUM

That confused me a bit too. I think it must be just a friend of Jason's. The girlfriend that he's with now is still pregnant IIRC.
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 25th Mar 18, 7:09 PM
    • 7,048 Posts
    • 17,294 Thanks
    Anglea
    Originally posted by ERICS MUM
    Yes, I was confused too as there had been an episode with Jason and a pregnant g/f in hospital who had marks on her, it was assumed caused by Jason and later revealed to be her dad.

I wonder if the scriptwriters overlooked the similarities in Jason's story or maybe it is the same girl but the hospital scene was one of those that was meant to be in the past?

Even though the Casualty trailers had been on for weeks I still jumped up in surprise at the end of last night's episode.

• pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 26th Mar 18, 9:46 AM
    • 24,053 Posts
    • 62,681 Thanks
    pollypenny
    I have caught up on Holby, although I was pretty sure I had missed three episodes, only two were available.

Henrick's house was interesting- a Swedish model?

Will watch Casualty when I have a chance.

• Anglea
    • By Anglea 26th Mar 18, 9:59 PM
    • 7,048 Posts
    • 17,294 Thanks
    Anglea
    I have caught up on Holby, although I was pretty sure I had missed three episodes, only two were available.

Henrick's house was interesting- a Swedish model?

Will watch Casualty when I have a chance.
    I don't remember Henrik's house at all, maybe I missed that week.

• maman
    • By maman 26th Mar 18, 10:47 PM
    • 18,004 Posts
    • 107,724 Thanks
    maman
    I don't remember Henrik's house at all, maybe I missed that week.
    I think he was having a sort out. It was surprisingly messy. Maybe he's preparing to move!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

79Posts Today

2,388Users online

Martin's Twitter