Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • welshdeedee
    • By welshdeedee 13th Aug 14, 10:05 AM
    • 27,163Posts
    • 120,009Thanks
    welshdeedee
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3
    • 13th Aug 14, 10:05 AM
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3 13th Aug 14 at 10:05 AM

New thread as it still makes us smile.
    30:22
    30:07
    29:07
Page 52
    • ERICS MUM
    • By ERICS MUM 7th Jan 18, 2:02 PM
    • 3,485 Posts
    • 6,470 Thanks
    ERICS MUM
    Casualty was ludicrous last night. Connie's illness and its treatment is beyond the suspension of disbelief.
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    Glad I'm not the only one. I couldn't understand how she was so ill in that London hospital but magically then able to walk along the Embankment quite easily. Where did Ethan disappear to after he left the hotel ?

Who did Dylan call right at the end ?
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 7th Jan 18, 5:08 PM
    • 7,048 Posts
    • 17,294 Thanks
    Anglea
    Hi again,

I also wondered how Connie could disappear from Holby without anyone noticing.

Maybe Dylan called either his ex wife or that other male nurse with mental health problems who wasn't in this episode (I've forgotten his name) or a counsellor. That patient used to be in Eastenders with dementia so it would have been nice if she'd had a role that was completely different.

I did wonder if anything would go on between Ethan and Connie from the very start of the storyline long while back, she doesn't do rejection well.

I've just realised that I completely overlooked I'd been watching Ric in Prison on Tuesday, I could have sworn that it was a totally different tv drama when I wrote my previous post lol

What did you all think of Ric and that storyline?

• maman
    • By maman 7th Jan 18, 5:25 PM
    • 18,004 Posts
    • 107,724 Thanks
    maman
    I've just realised that I completely overlooked I'd been watching Ric in Prison on Tuesday, I could have sworn that it was a totally different tv drama when I wrote my previous post lol

What did you all think of Ric and that storyline?
    Originally posted by Anglea

I found it a bit unnerving. Fortunately I know nothing about prison life but I'm sure what we saw would have been well researched.

I'm hoping that they'll turn it round so that Ric comes out of it all OK.

Are we to assume that it was just a flying visit from Zosia?
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 8th Jan 18, 8:27 AM
    • 24,061 Posts
    • 62,697 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Back to Connie - surely Jac would have saved her! No need for a dramatic drive to London.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • ERICS MUM
    • By ERICS MUM 8th Jan 18, 1:22 PM
    • 3,485 Posts
    • 6,470 Thanks
    ERICS MUM
    All very strange.

Elliott Hope has been mentioned twice now - for Jac and for Connie. Are they paving the way for his return ? I rather like him.
    • sillyvixen
    • By sillyvixen 8th Jan 18, 8:52 PM
    • 3,148 Posts
    • 4,846 Thanks
    sillyvixen
    Back to Connie - surely Jac would have saved her! No need for a dramatic drive to London.
    Ah but Jac is not working and currently an in patient following the shooting debacle.
    Dogs return to eat their vomit, just as fools repeat their foolishness. There is no more hope for a fool than for someone who says, "i am really clever!"
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 8th Feb 18, 12:18 PM
    • 3,672 Posts
    • 15,942 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Loving the Jac/Frieda relationship! Good to see Serena & Jason back and to finally know what happened the day Ric went awol, everything is so black & white for Aspergers.

I really need to mother & protect the lovely Henrik
    A smile costs little but creates much
    • ERICS MUM
    • By ERICS MUM 8th Feb 18, 5:47 PM
    • 3,485 Posts
    • 6,470 Thanks
    ERICS MUM
    I really enjoyed last nights episode. No cringeworthy storylines or over-acting. What a difference a few actors make.
    • maman
    • By maman 8th Feb 18, 6:09 PM
    • 18,004 Posts
    • 107,724 Thanks
    maman
    I really enjoyed last nights episode. No cringeworthy storylines or over-acting. What a difference a few actors make.
    Originally posted by ERICS MUM
    Absolutely right.
    I think the fact that the professor only made the briefest of appearances and no Essie helped a lot.
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 8th Feb 18, 10:46 PM
    • 7,048 Posts
    • 17,294 Thanks
    Anglea
    I wonder when Jac and Fletch will get together?

• pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 9th Feb 18, 9:33 AM
    • 24,061 Posts
    • 62,697 Thanks
    pollypenny
    I!!!8217;ve been forgetting to post here. I love the Jac and Frieda interaction! Frieda can handle Jac!

I!!!8217;m glad to see Serena back, too. No more complications with Bernie now, please.

Just posted elsewhere and no apostrophe demon. Back here, however!

• Bettie
    • By Bettie 9th Feb 18, 9:56 AM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 1,175 Thanks
    Bettie
    I!!!8217;ve been forgetting to post here. I love the Jac and Frieda interaction! Frieda can handle Jac!

I!!!8217;m glad to see Serena back, too. No more complications with Bernie now, please.

Just posted elsewhere and no apostrophe demon. Back here, however!
    I wondered what that was ..been seeing it on a few posts lately
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 9th Feb 18, 10:32 AM
    • 7,048 Posts
    • 17,294 Thanks
    Anglea
    I wondered what that was ..been seeing it on a few posts lately
    Originally posted by Bettie
    So was I.

Didn't any of you find it strange that Serena calls Bernie to say she's not coming back and from the conversations it sounded as though Bernie thought that totally ok as though Serena was changing the order of her fish and chips not leaving the love of her life?

• maman
    • By maman 9th Feb 18, 11:27 AM
    • 18,004 Posts
    • 107,724 Thanks
    maman
    So was I.

Didn't any of you find it strange that Serena calls Bernie to say she's not coming back and from the conversations it sounded as though Bernie thought that totally ok as though Serena was changing the order of her fish and chips not leaving the love of her life?
    Originally posted by Anglea

Yes, really odd. So she delivers the news then just says 'love you' and hangs up!

I'm sure I read somewhere that Bernie will be back at some point too.
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 17th Feb 18, 11:47 AM
    • 7,048 Posts
    • 17,294 Thanks
    Anglea
    What did you all think of Tuesday's Holby, Ric's insistence he doesn't want Donna's help, Jason becoming a dad. Henrik in the taxi in the final scene, Dom pretending he had an admirer, Ollie's op?

At one point I thought the story with Jason was going to be that he couldn't possibly be the father after it emerged the g/f was pregnant much longer than first thought but it didn't go that way.

• pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 17th Feb 18, 6:40 PM
    • 24,061 Posts
    • 62,697 Thanks
    pollypenny
    I thought it was better than it has been for a while. More realistic on Ollie lack of progress, unlike the usual injuries from which people bounce back in no time.

Ric is taking martyrdom too far.

• Anglea
    • By Anglea 18th Feb 18, 8:22 PM
    • 7,048 Posts
    • 17,294 Thanks
    Anglea
    Casualty - I wonder how long before Ethan finds out the identity of the blog writer? And how long before the paramedics sister messes up again?

Ever since Hard Sun had been on I found it confusing to see Glenn in a totally different role, thank goodness it's finished and he's back to normal.

• Firetastic
    • By Firetastic 19th Feb 18, 8:37 AM
    • 574 Posts
    • 547 Thanks
    Firetastic
    I don't think it will be long before Gem messes up again. She messed up a few times but redeemed herself finding that patient in the basement.

It amazes me how patients get down to the basement. I don't think in my local hospital I could just go down to the basement. Patients seem to end up on the roof or the basement.
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 21st Feb 18, 6:23 PM
    • 7,048 Posts
    • 17,294 Thanks
    Anglea
    I don't think it will be long before Gem messes up again. She messed up a few times but redeemed herself finding that patient in the basement.

It amazes me how patients get down to the basement. I don't think in my local hospital I could just go down to the basement. Patients seem to end up on the roof or the basement.
    Originally posted by Firetastic
    I was thinking the same about the basement.

• pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 21st Feb 18, 7:19 PM
    • 24,061 Posts
    • 62,697 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Oooh, Jac and Fletch came close last night!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,074Posts Today

5,568Users online

Martin's Twitter