Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • welshdeedee
    • By welshdeedee 13th Aug 14, 10:05 AM
    • 27,163Posts
    • 120,009Thanks
    welshdeedee
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3
    • 13th Aug 14, 10:05 AM
    The Holby City Thread - Part 3 13th Aug 14 at 10:05 AM

New thread as it still makes us smile.
    30:22
    30:07
    29:07
Page 51
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 8th Dec 17, 9:40 AM
    • 24,053 Posts
    • 62,681 Thanks
    pollypenny
    I was out last night, but I couldn!!!8217;t resist watching it in iPlayer when I git home.

Good episode. Fredrik had previously shown psychopathic tendencies as he had continued with his drug trial knowing that it was likely to fail and cause deaths.

Poor Raf. I suppose Joe has been too busy with Strictly!

The prospects for Ollie don!!!8217;t look good, even if he survives as his cognitive processes could well be effected.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
    • BOBS
    • By BOBS 8th Dec 17, 9:44 AM
    • 2,791 Posts
    • 2,127 Thanks
    BOBS
    Perhaps Essie will find comfort from Sasha ?

Perhaps Essie will discover sheís pregnant with Rafís baby

Poor Henrik, I need to console him.

Hope Ollie makes a full recovery.
    Originally posted by ERICS MUM
    thinking the same - that Essie has always loved Sasha and a baby will bring them together.

Really have to love Henrik - he definitely needs to meet the love of his life.

Ollie - do you not think he has had enough bad luck without dying !!

Also what about Jac - she must survive to follow through with the shaky hand problem, why introduce that when they knew big story line come up ........ odd !!

Could they not have got rid of Donna - she really irks me .
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 8th Dec 17, 10:56 PM
    • 3,671 Posts
    • 15,940 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Wasn't in last night so just caught up. My that was tense, the lovely Henrik, I need to give him a hug. Dom needs to get rid of that tash, he looks ridiculous. What beef did Friedrik have with Raf, or was it wrong place, wrong time?
    A smile costs little but creates much
    • maman
    • By maman 8th Dec 17, 10:57 PM
    • 18,004 Posts
    • 107,724 Thanks
    maman
    Just watched both episodes back to back. The first seemed like an incredibly long and boring lead up to the second one.

Sadly I know these things have happened in RL but it did all seem a bit farcical. It seems that instead of just random staff walking out at intervals we have to go a step further and literally kill characters off.

I used to like Raf but doubted his judgement when he got together with Essie. Now we'll have her coping with grief and taking centre stage which she loves. I feel sorry for Ollie though.

What a mess!
    • Februarycat
    • By Februarycat 9th Dec 17, 1:53 PM
    • 1,262 Posts
    • 1,707 Thanks
    Februarycat
    I enjoyed Tuesday's episode, miss the first one. Did feel sorry for Henrik. Who was the other doctor who died when they were in theatre? I have missed a few episodes lately.
    OnePoll = £40.00 11/3/16 - £40 28/12/17
    Pureprofile = £15.20
    PanelOpinion = £2.95
    • maman
    • By maman 20th Dec 17, 10:59 AM
    • 18,004 Posts
    • 107,724 Thanks
    maman
    I enjoyed seeing Arthur last night. I really miss his character. I started thinking maybe we could have a Dallas meets Holby storyline.

Hard to feel sorry for Essie. Why any seemingly intelligent doctor should ever have been interested in her suspends belief. Not helped by the fact that Raf has just won Strictly so very much alive while she moons around.

And yet another doctor walks off into the sunset without giving notice......
    • Bettie
    • By Bettie 20th Dec 17, 12:13 PM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 1,175 Thanks
    Bettie
    I enjoyed Tuesday's episode, miss the first one. Did feel sorry for Henrik. Who was the other doctor who died when they were in theatre? I have missed a few episodes lately.
    Originally posted by Februarycat
    I think it was David ,,,the husband of the new neurosurgeon , he had dementia..
    • Bettie
    • By Bettie 20th Dec 17, 12:18 PM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 1,175 Thanks
    Bettie
    I enjoyed seeing Arthur last night. I really miss his character. I started thinking maybe we could have a Dallas meets Holby storyline.

Hard to feel sorry for Essie. Why any seemingly intelligent doctor should ever have been interested in her suspends belief. Not helped by the fact that Raf has just won Strictly so very much alive while she moons around. :
    Originally posted by maman
    I was a bit emotional, Arthur was brilliant and it was such a shame he was killed off.
    I don't watch Strictly but couldn't avoid seeing Rafs face everywhere and then I feel a bit cheated ..lol same with Fiz in Corrie .. I must be a sad case...
    Anyway Serena is back soon so it should perk up a bit and nice to see Jason reappear, he's so refreshing..
    • Februarycat
    • By Februarycat 20th Dec 17, 12:19 PM
    • 1,262 Posts
    • 1,707 Thanks
    Februarycat
    What a lovely surprise to see Arthur last night, he was my favourite character, especially him and Dom together.
    Pureprofile = £15.20
    PanelOpinion = £2.95
    • pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 20th Dec 17, 1:43 PM
    • 24,053 Posts
    • 62,681 Thanks
    pollypenny
    My, god, has Fletch got the hots for Jac?

Glad to see the back of Morven. It!!!8217;s one very short-staffed hospital! Darwin used to have loads of doctors, with Mo, Zoshia and Ollie as well as Jac and Elliott.

• maman
    • By maman 20th Dec 17, 1:46 PM
    • 18,004 Posts
    • 107,724 Thanks
    maman
    Itís one very short-staffed hospital! Darwin used to have loads of doctors, with Mo, Zoshia and Ollie as well as Jac and Elliott.
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    Art imitates life??
    • Bettie
    • By Bettie 20th Dec 17, 2:17 PM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 1,175 Thanks
    Bettie
    My, god, has Fletch got the hots for Jac?

Glad to see the back of Morven. Itís one very short-staffed hospital! Darwin used to have loads of doctors, with Mo, Zoshia and Ollie as well as Jac and Elliott.
    Originally posted by pollypenny
    He's had his eye on her for a few weeks I reckon..
    God knows why....she's a nightmare ..
    Great character for watching but wouldn't want to meet her in real life if she was anything like that...
    • Judi
    • By Judi 20th Dec 17, 3:43 PM
    • 16,257 Posts
    • 71,198 Thanks
    Judi
    I must have missed the bit where David died...Must have gone to the loo or something.

Well what with Rick being banged up, Morven swanning off into the sunset, Ollie on life support and most of our favourite doctors gone I don't think theres much of Holby left.

What rubbish Christmas episodes.
    'Holy crap on a cracker!'
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 28th Dec 17, 3:38 PM
    • 7,048 Posts
    • 17,294 Thanks
    Anglea
    I missed a lot of posts, just read 2 pages worth. Yes, it's amazing how none of the doctors have to work any notice and just go off into the sunset. I never particularly liked watching Morven so I'm not going to miss her.

Always thought there could be something between Jac and Fletch. I must have missed the scenes with her hand as I didn't understand the references to possible conditions on here quite a while ago.

Wonder if Connie is staying or leaving Casualty, will she be able to recover from all her problems including letting Grace down at the last moment and lying about the reason why?

• pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 28th Dec 17, 5:54 PM
    • 24,053 Posts
    • 62,681 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Casually was sweet, though. Happy ending, or prospects of, for baby Charlotte with Robyn and Gethin reconciled.

• ERICS MUM
    • By ERICS MUM 28th Dec 17, 7:55 PM
    • 3,485 Posts
    • 6,470 Thanks
    ERICS MUM
    I!!!8217;m surprised Connie hasn!!!8217;t told Sam about her illness, it!!!8217;s the obvious thing to do. I like her character - a feisty woman rather like Jac and I hope they are both staying at Holby. I think both those characters are well written rather than !!!8216;just!!!8217; caricatures or token power-women. Contrast with Serena Campbell and Bernie Wolf who I just didn!!!8217;t find credible as senior doctors.
    • Februarycat
    • By Februarycat 29th Dec 17, 1:08 PM
    • 1,262 Posts
    • 1,707 Thanks
    Februarycat
    Just read on Facebook that Zoe is returning to Casualty, but seems to be for one episode. Like Zoe and Max has seemed a bit lost without her
    Pureprofile = £15.20
    PanelOpinion = £2.95
    • Anglea
    • By Anglea 6th Jan 18, 3:14 PM
    • 7,048 Posts
    • 17,294 Thanks
    Anglea
    Flying visit from Zosia and Dom may give Lofty a chance, all I can recall from Tuesday's episode. Wonder what will happen with Connie today?

• pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 6th Jan 18, 5:20 PM
    • 24,053 Posts
    • 62,681 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Ollie has a bullet stuck in his brain and serious memory problems. There!!!8217;ll be a few weeks of worry about his career and future before a miraculous reviver year no doubt.

No Hendrik this week.

• pollypenny
    • By pollypenny 7th Jan 18, 1:55 PM
    • 24,053 Posts
    • 62,681 Thanks
    pollypenny
    Casualty was ludicrous last night. Connie's illness and its treatment is beyond the suspension of disbelief.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,287Posts Today

6,843Users online

Martin's Twitter