Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 16th Jul 14, 1:09 PM
    • 399Posts
    • 314Thanks
    MallRat
    iSoftStone
    • 16th Jul 14, 1:09 PM
    iSoftStone 16th Jul 14 at 1:09 PM
    Anyone taking the iSoftStone exam this weekend?!

I've just downloaded the guidelines, and am currently trying to summon the strength to start reading them..
Page 35
    • galaxy30
    • By galaxy30 14th Sep 17, 9:11 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    galaxy30
    Had another crack at the exam this evening - I just didn't fancy waiting it out any longer.

I felt I did much better tonight, I don't feel I could have rated any better, but rather annoying I was still below the pass mark. However, I had a few incorrect RTAs because the pages weren't loading or were out of date, so I've appealed those. I only need one or two to go my way to get the pass grade.

Fingers crossed, I suppose. Good luck to everyone else taking the exam, too!

Oh, and regarding Leapforce, for anyone else that reads this, I can confirm that Leapforce don't care if you work for iSoftStone, I had an email confirmation from them today. The two clients are different anyway so I did think it was unlikely, but always best to be sure I suppose!
    Last edited by galaxy30; 14-09-2017 at 9:14 PM.
    • Gillsfan
    • By Gillsfan 15th Sep 17, 9:22 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Gillsfan
    Are there still jobs available in the evenings? Am tempted to sign up and have a go, but not much point if its all during the day when I am working.
    Am an analyst/tester by trade, so thinking this could be right up my street to earn a few pennies on the side
    • galaxy30
    • By galaxy30 15th Sep 17, 12:50 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    galaxy30
    I've passed! Just waiting now to get all my documents sorted. Such a relief, excited to start now.

I'll echo Gillsfan's question, what is the work availability like usually? I'll probably be working during the daytime.

Good luck to anyone else taking it!
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 16th Sep 17, 1:44 PM
    • 399 Posts
    • 314 Thanks
    MallRat
    Sorry to hear that Mallrat
    Originally posted by galaxy30
    Thanks.

Group I'm in is now limited to 12 hours per day as far as I can tell, meaning that work has to be distributed between us all on a daily basis, which obviously causes difficulties with people having varying availability. And once the work is all covered, we are not able to automatically access tasks from the other side of the project, even though they are pretty much the same thing. Apparently a few people HAVE been shifted over, which I wasn't aware of, but we could do with at least one more in my opinion. Also did not help that the PM recently started to send all my emails to an account I don't actually log in to by mistake, meaning I missed 3 weeks worth of work-related messages.

I've passed! Just waiting now to get all my documents sorted. Such a relief, excited to start now.

I'll echo Gillsfan's question, what is the work availability like usually? I'll probably be working during the daytime.
    Congrats I think you'll find availability pretty good. Obviously depends how many hours you'll be looking for though.
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 16th Sep 17, 1:45 PM
    • 399 Posts
    • 314 Thanks
    MallRat
    Hello guys, Did you receive the august payment?
    Originally posted by marcolizi
    EDIT:
    Sorry, didn't think about dates and assumed you meant the one for last month. If you mean this month's payment, no I haven't.
    Last edited by MallRat; 16-09-2017 at 2:08 PM.
    • leviatan_velvet
    • By leviatan_velvet 17th Sep 17, 3:26 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    leviatan_velvet
    Cap message again today at only 2pm. I had one more hour left to work.

Yet, at least 3 people on here are currently taking the exam..

So, while some of us existing team members were recently told the hours for our part of the project were being reduced, they decide to take on new people to work on (presumably) the other part, instead of just shifting some of US over like the previous PM used to.

It's like there's no awareness that some of us rely on this job to pay our bills. Emailing the PM yet again..
    Originally posted by MallRat
    Ohhh I thought they have reduced the hours just in my market sorry to know also in your market
    • leviatan_velvet
    • By leviatan_velvet 17th Sep 17, 3:41 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    leviatan_velvet
    Oh, and regarding Leapforce, for anyone else that reads this, I can confirm that Leapforce don't care if you work for iSoftStone, I had an email confirmation from them today. The two clients are different anyway so I did think it was unlikely, but always best to be sure I suppose!
    Oh thats great!! Im trying to get some hours with LF. Hope they will send me the training soon. Congrats for getting the job with iSS!
    • leviatan_velvet
    • By leviatan_velvet 17th Sep 17, 3:48 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    leviatan_velvet
    Hello guys, Did you receive the august payment?
    Yes, I was paid yesterday, but Im across the Sea
    • Rev
    • By Rev 18th Sep 17, 12:57 PM
    • 2,999 Posts
    • 2,721 Thanks
    Rev
    I signed up for this a few weeks back. Have just completed the first 100 training hits.

I got 60% so 5% short of the pass.

I did find myself stuck between two answers a lot of the time. Does anyone have any tips?

There doesn't seem to actually be much logic to how it's rated.

We're not allowed to really talk about it though are we (or is that appen, I get confused). But would someone who is already working for them mind me PM'ing them?
    Sigless
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 18th Sep 17, 2:18 PM
    • 399 Posts
    • 314 Thanks
    MallRat
    Anyone on Fresh got no HitApp today, or is it just me?
    • extraJam
    • By extraJam 18th Sep 17, 2:39 PM
    • 154 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    extraJam
    Anyone on Fresh got no HitApp today, or is it just me?
    Originally posted by MallRat
    Same! I tried to email the PM but my email account seems to be stuck, too (same acct I use for rating). No idea if it's related.
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 18th Sep 17, 6:11 PM
    • 399 Posts
    • 314 Thanks
    MallRat
    Same! I tried to email the PM but my email account seems to be stuck, too (same acct I use for rating). No idea if it's related.
    Originally posted by extraJam
    Looks like everyone was affected, but HitApp now back up.

I'm on holiday next week, so had assumed there had been some confusion about the dates and I'd been removed because of that.
    • marcolizi
    • By marcolizi 20th Sep 17, 12:16 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    marcolizi
    August salary
    Hi guys, still no news for August salary or someone got it ??
    • billy*bob
    • By billy*bob 21st Sep 17, 7:54 AM
    • 29 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    billy*bob
    Hi guys, still no news for August salary or someone got it ??
    Hi, yes, I got paid on 18th (Monday). I would suggest contacting the project manager if there's no sign of payment yet. I think the latest I have been paid is about 21st of the month.
    • blackicerose
    • By blackicerose 6th Nov 17, 12:34 PM
    • 307 Posts
    • 2,237 Thanks
    blackicerose
    I started Fresh about a month ago and there seemed to be plenty of work but in the past few weeks when I've logged in there is either very little to do or nothing at all. Is this usual for this type of work or can I expect it to pick up? Thanks.
    Latest wins:
    • MallRat
    • By MallRat 7th Nov 17, 3:36 PM
    • 399 Posts
    • 314 Thanks
    MallRat
    I started Fresh about a month ago and there seemed to be plenty of work but in the past few weeks when I've logged in there is either very little to do or nothing at all. Is this usual for this type of work or can I expect it to pick up? Thanks.
    Originally posted by blackicerose
    As mentioned in previous posts, earlier this year we were told we are now limited to 20 hours per week as a project. And according to the latest report there are currently 6 of us. How all this is being managed by the PM I still do not completely understand. But at the moment, I am generally getting the "hours reached" pop-up after 1.5-2 hours work. (Although some days I manage my 2.5 hours or more without any problems.) I do not start until the afternoon though. You might want to ask about being transferred over to Web5, as there doesn't seem to be a limit there. And last time I complained, I was also given access to another task which seems to be a related crowdsourcing task. I haven't tried doing it yet though.
    • Juls Devon
    • By Juls Devon 1st Jan 18, 2:08 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Juls Devon
    Spam
    I'm having problems with my spam score and not getting any useful info about how to improve it.

I've been told it's where training hits are added between regular hits to avoid spam but told there's not anything I can do to improve the score....

It sounds like it's to do with stopping people just hitting accept to get hits through quickly which isn't what I'm, doing. My accuracy is near perfect. There have been lots of short, one word transcriptions and so I'm wondering if I just need to wait a couple of seconds before submitting when it's a short, simple transcription?

My spam rating is really low 0.55 and shouldn't be below 0.8.

Could anyone please explain how the spam rating works and how to avoid it going so low?
    • Juls Devon
    • By Juls Devon 1st Jan 18, 2:12 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Juls Devon
    Are you still working for them?
    • XpNdbLmStRsS
    • By XpNdbLmStRsS 21st Feb 18, 10:33 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    XpNdbLmStRsS
    Not sure if any of you are still using this thread but I have some questions about ISS and am in desperate need of some help if anyone is. I have done small projects for them over the past 2 years but never a long term project. I have also worked for Appen in the past as a WSE and then a very short one week on their ad rating project. I passed the test for that, did one week of work before they no longer had hits in their system. This went on for 3 more weeks where I had no more work and then suddenly I was let go. Found out from another forum the same happened to all the people they hired around the same time as me. Worst thing was with the WSE project I was an independent contractor and with the Ad evaluator job I was hired as a paid employee. I recently was offered a position as an independent contractor with ISS for their ad rating project. I was thrilled since I had good experience in the past with them. I signed the NDA and almost 2 weeks later I was sent the guidelines and was told to do the training questions in UHRS after which would take about 3 days. The guidelines were so much better with ISS than Appen and I really felt like I was understanding everything well. The training questions it appears as if I didn't do the greatest on them but I had an issue where 23 of the ads had no images with the ads and according to guidelines we're to rate them as broken which I did but I was marked wrong on the judgements and the comments with them made it seem as if there were pictures when there were not. I brought this to the attention of the PM. When I subtracted those from the ones I missed I ended up with about an 83% on training which was really good I thought. Well when I had emailed my PM to let him know about the issues with training I had also explained to him that I was slightly confused about a few things and asked him to please give me some clarification on those things. Well yesterday he emailed me back and stated that he would get to those questions when he had more time and instead sent me my test to work on. I thought this was really unfair that I wasn't able to get any of my questions answered before the test. How was I to improve on the things I was getting wrong with out any feedback what so ever. Well I took the test and needed a 73% to pass and ended up with a 68%. There were 25 ads on this test to rate and on every one I put an explanation as to why I was rating them this way hoping that if I had any issues he could explain to me why I was getting them wrong. Well when he emailed me to tell me I didn't pass he said that he couldn't go over the ones I missed and tell me what I was doing wrong yet because the test was still live. He stated that he would be sending me another test to take to get a second chance to pass and be placed into productions. I'm very disheartened over not passing that test. I've been doing work similar to this for the last few years and this is the first time I have failed a test. The test for the Appen ad rating job I thought was much harder (and much longer) and the guidelines just didn't make sense half the time yet I passed that. I'm not sure how soon my PM will be sending the new test but I'm desperate to find anyone who has done this project with ISS or is doing it currently that could help me with the questions I'm having about the rating and maybe clear up some confusion I have. I know if I could just get some help with the things I'm not so clear on that I will do great at this. I'm desperate to pass this as I need this position so badly. I suffer from horrible anxiety to the point I can not leave my home and my fiance is disabled so I'm the only one who can provide for my family. The only income we currently have is his disability check which does not go far when you have children. If anyone could please help me out with this I would be forever grateful. I've been trying to find another ad rating job for over a year now and when I saw the invite for this one I was over the moon with joy. Now to have it be slipping away, it's just to much to handle. I'm not asking for answers to any test questions. Just clarifications on the things I may be confused on or not understanding as well. I'm expecting the next test either sometime today or tomorrow so I need replies quick. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,069Posts Today

4,983Users online

Martin's Twitter