Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • natsplatnat
    • By natsplatnat 4th Jul 14, 10:31 AM
    • 2,834Posts
    • 2,559Thanks
    natsplatnat
    My Diary v3.0
    • 4th Jul 14, 10:31 AM
    My Diary v3.0 4th Jul 14 at 10:31 AM
    Hi All!!

Well, here it is... "My Diary v3.0"

My previous diaries (don't panic, there are only 2!) can be found here....

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1303349&highlight=

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2961314

Today, my signature looks like this...

LBM ,- Wed 19th Nov 2008 19,225
    JAN 11: ONLY 170 0X 100 PAYMENTS TO GO *bank of OH @ 0%*
    *A WORK IN PROGRESS!*
    *2014 cashback pending 78.98, PAID 138.35*
    (2011=137.30, 12=66.39. 13=102.61)
    Iceland fund 458.12/ 1000 EBAY 205.50

And I should be jumping up and down with joy as it shows that I have made my last payment of 170 x 100 to my darling OH (he lent me the money interest free to clear my debts!!).

But.... actually, that should be But (coz its a big but) here I am starting a new diary on the DFW diary forum.

And that is because over the duration of my last diary (starting November 2011) I have re-borrowed 6862.26 from my darling OH! To be honest, he is sooo useless with money, that I could tell him tonight that I made my last payment to him today and he wouldn't have a clue whether that was right or not! (But he does know I have re-borrowed this amount.)

But that is not an option. Bless him, he even said a few months ago that I don't need to pay him back any more. But, this is my debt, I spent the money, and I will repay it... in full!

So, I am going to continue doing what I have been doing. Repaying 100 a week for the next 69 weeks. By my reckoning that puts my last (and I do mean last) payment as the 30th October 2015!!! GULP!

I do have a little plan though (from my previous diaries, you will note that I like a plan!). I am currently setting aside money for a trip to Iceland next year for OH's 50th birthday. 10 a week as a definite, an extra 10 a month from the reduction in my car insurance premium, all cashback earned and some account rounding-down. Target for this is 1000 by December. I am pretty much on track for this.

So, once this is done I am going to keep setting this money aside to bring my debt-free date forward. Minimum 10 a week, starting next year!

Oh, and I still running several spreadsheets! I honestly could not live without them!

So, there is my sin confessed - you have got me for a bit longer!

Feel free to pop in and keep me company! Nats x
    Last edited by natsplatnat; 02-10-2015 at 9:28 AM.
    LBM ,- Wed 19th Nov 2008 21,225 PAID OFF
    *DEBT FREE 28th September 2015*

Page 36
    • natsplatnat
    • By natsplatnat 22nd Aug 18, 8:39 AM
    • 2,834 Posts
    • 2,559 Thanks
    natsplatnat
    KD - Yes, shoddy installation would annoy me too! There is just no need for it. I hope the pics H2B took will make a good case for getting the work improved!
    Good going on the makeup front - a total bargain me thinks!

Nothing much happening here money wise at this time of month. However, just to keep me on my toes, I received an email this morning to say that my car insurance has re-newed!! The very same policy that I cancelled online last week! Great! Have spoken to the insurer who was very apologetic and has cancelled the renewal and my money will be on its way back to me! Good job they took it from same account as last year which has a little (enough) spare money in it to cover the cost. Bah!
    Still aching from the Shred class on Monday and I have circuits tonight! That's gonna hurt! lol

See KD - great (MSE) minds think alike on mobile phones!

Have a great day everyone.... is summer coming back??

• natsplatnat
    • By natsplatnat 31st Aug 18, 11:32 AM
    • 2,834 Posts
    • 2,559 Thanks
    natsplatnat
    Still waiting for summer to come back - it definitely wasn't here over bank holiday weekend!

So, pay day has been and gone and money moved as required.

Nothing really happening money wise.

OH and I both took Tuesday off (for an extra long weekend) - we took the kitties to the vets in the morning for an annual check up and blood test (first time as they are only just over a year). What a palaver.... was there for 1.5hours, neither cat appreciated having their necks shave or the multiple attempts to draw sufficient blood.... they now look like they have a vicars collar on! Oh, and they didn't get enough blood from Ruby to be able to do a full blood test anyway! Poor things sulked for a couple of days and only cheered up last night! The vet suggested we could try again for more blood.... no! I think not!

And that is pretty much the highlight of my week.

Have a good weekend All! x

• kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 1st Sep 18, 5:08 PM
    • 563 Posts
    • 1,685 Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    Hi Nats

Not much going on here, I've had some viral thing and have been rough all week, it's affected my asthma so struggling to breath

Poor kitties, big hugs for them x
    Saving for Christmas 2018 ~ 231.46/365
    Wedding Fund 1500/1500
    Car Fund 108.46/5000 ~ Bank of Mum 5000/5000 done
    DFW Nerd #1155
    LBM 25/2/09 Debt at highest 8,037.35 now 0
    Credit Card 2200/2500
    • natsplatnat
    • By natsplatnat 10th Sep 18, 10:22 AM
    • 2,834 Posts
    • 2,559 Thanks
    natsplatnat
    Morning All!

Literally nothing to report other than I have withdrawn 5.96 from TCB and 3.21 from Q.co this morning. TCB pending balance 0.00 and Q.co 97.74.
    Oh, I am house sitting again which should nett me around 100 and I travelled for work last week and I should clear around 80 profit off my mileage claim.

• natsplatnat
    • By natsplatnat 13th Sep 18, 9:59 AM
    • 2,834 Posts
    • 2,559 Thanks
    natsplatnat
    Morning All!
    KD - I hope you are feeling better now? My cold is still lingering and starting to annoy me! I don't do unwell and I'm annoyed as I couldn't face circuits last night.

Ok, so a few thoughts from me today....
    • Need to sort SIM cards for OH and I.. this will have to wait until I am home.
    • Need to look at potentially changing utility provider.. Looked at a new tariff with my existing company - I really do not understand how they say I can make a saving over the next 12 months when every unit and the standing charges are higher than my existing rates. I see there are loads of new, small providers out there. Anyone used one? I am always a little cautious as I really don't want any hassle and have to keep an eye on things. I would rather know that everything will tick along nicely. There is one of the BIG 5 (or is it 6?) that looks to be cheaper (units and standing charge) and should reduce my DD by 14/month. Existing tariff not up until end of October, so I have time to mull this over!
    • Had some sad news at work and some not great family news this week. Everything seems a bit down at the moment.
    • Last night I walked the dog after work. It had rained all day, but had mercifully stopped by the time we went out. We were on the beach and the clouds on the horizon broke just in time for sunset... and it was beautiful. Looking across the bay the sun was reflecting off all the house windows and the sky was a bright range of oranges, pinks and red. I did literally just stop and soak it all in for a while. I wished at the time that I had my phone on me to record it. But then I would probably have just taken some photos and not actually stood and appreciated how amazing it was.
    • I'm not one for getting all deep and meaningful but over the past couple of days (I know this sounds daft) I kinda get the feeling that somethings in the universe are trying to arrange themselves. There are a few weird things that have happened (not clearly visible... more 'just out of focus') that are just down right odd. We will see - maybe I am just tired and imagining it.... but it is a definite feeling!
    • We are not going to visit my Dad abroad... well, not until next year. Too much going on here (I know you wouldn't get a sense of that from my diary) to justify the cost and time.
    • Will use the time and funds instead to sort the back garden... fence and shed before winter arrives. It's bugging me that we haven't made much progress and I will feel much more settled when it's done.
    • The bush in the front garden is still there. Never known such a non-committal tradesperson. The bush itself is not really bothering me... but OH going on about the fact it is still there is. I will chase today.
    So - there you have it!

Have a great Thursday everyone! xxx

• natsplatnat
    • By natsplatnat 13th Sep 18, 12:09 PM
    • 2,834 Posts
    • 2,559 Thanks
    natsplatnat
    Unnecessary spending alert!!!

2 x theatre tickets for next April! Cost 62. I will cover this with cashback money... a little treat for OH (and me) from me! This is actually very unlike me with respects to looking this far ahead; maybe the universe is up to something?! lol

• kdalwayskint
    • By kdalwayskint 14th Sep 18, 9:17 PM
    • 563 Posts
    • 1,685 Thanks
    kdalwayskint
    Hey my lovely, you sound a little bit down, so big hugs for you x

Changing energy supplier - I did the latest big switch with MSE to Bulb, they take the direct debit in advance which is fine now, but the first time it left us a bit tight as it was a week after the payment to the previous supplier! They emailed last week to recommend we lower the monthly payment amount as we are in credit.

Sim only deals - I had one with Tes co last year, it was 11 a month with a reasonable amount of minutes and data, I can't remember if it was unlimited or 1000 texts.

Walk with the dog - sounds like it was a beautiful evening and you took a moment to take it all in. We thought the sky was strange yesterday evening. Are you close to the sea where you are? I vaguely remember you're near Camber Sands, from the time we went on a Sun holiday to Pontins down there.

Odd things - not really sure this is the same, but we're convinced we have a mischievous ghosty in our house. Sometimes you think you see things from the corner of your eye but if you look properly, there's nothing there. It moves things from time to time, not that you see it happen but you just know!

Slow progress on the wedding front at the moment, but sometimes we just do bits on the spur of the moment!

Catch you soon x
    Saving for Christmas 2018 ~ 231.46/365
    Wedding Fund 1500/1500
    Car Fund 108.46/5000 ~ Bank of Mum 5000/5000 done
    DFW Nerd #1155
    LBM 25/2/09 Debt at highest 8,037.35 now 0
    Credit Card 2200/2500
    • natsplatnat
    • By natsplatnat 20th Sep 18, 10:20 AM
    • 2,834 Posts
    • 2,559 Thanks
    natsplatnat
    Morning All!

Thanks for the hugs KD! x I think I was just a little flat - but have now re-gathered myself and it's onwards and upwards!
    I am indeed not far from Camber - when I'm house-sitting, their front door is literally 30 seconds walk from the sea front. Lovely when the weather is good!
    haha! We used to have a ghost (in the flat that OH and I rented when we first got together!). She used to open kitchen cupboards and turn knifes so the blades were upwards! OH wasn't that convinced until I got him to try putting a knife down on the side with the blade upwards.... it's difficult enough to do when you actually want to, so the chance of it happening when you just put the knife down after using it is remote. I think the event that convinced OH was when DSS walked into the kitchen (he was about 3.5 years old), stopped dead and said "oh no, not you. What are you doing here?" There was no-one there!!!
    I did invite the ghost to join us when we moved... but she chose to stay! (it was definitely a she.... but that's another story!)

House-sitting is over with and I have been home since Monday! Money should arrive this week, but you never know! lol

Getting closer to changing mobile supplier and going sim only. I am off work tomorrow so will try and get that sorted and one less thing on my list.

Hunt for new gas and electricity supplier is still on. Will submit meter readings to current supplier tomorrow and see where that leaves me!

OH attacked the bush in the front garden whilst I was house-sitting. I now have a 5ft high, 5ft diameter ball of bare branches left (it was about 12ft all round to start with!). There is a rumour that the tree man may be making an appearance within the next week to remove it!! Yeah, well we'll see!

Unnecessary spending (but bargainous) alert!!
    Took advantage of the easyjet sale this morning to book flights to see my Dad next May! Had a look at flight prices last night for the dates we were looking at and the best price was 385. Booked same dates in the EJ sale this morning.... for 198!! Whoop Whoop!

Sooo looking forward to a long weekend off work. I have been doing 3 peoples work for a couple of weeks and whilst house-sitting I was covering stuff our MD does as well - so I am pretty p00ped! Friday will pretty much be pottering, then off to see oH's aunt on Sat and then whatever takes our fancy on Sunday!!

Catch you all later, hope you are all well? xxx

• natsplatnat
    • By natsplatnat 20th Sep 18, 10:47 AM
    • 2,834 Posts
    • 2,559 Thanks
    natsplatnat
    Forgot to mention ….

Money in the holiday pot to cover flight costs.

I have scheduled a 'financial review' meeting with OH for tomorrow evening!! Need to capitalise on his current agreeance that budgeting is good and we should be increasing our 'savings'!! Will add "create OH a spreadsheet" to my Friday to do list!! lol

• efes shareholder
    • By efes shareholder 20th Sep 18, 10:51 AM
    • 284 Posts
    • 753 Thanks
    efes shareholder
    WHOOP. I was up with the larks on the EJ site this morning

I am also waiting on the school holiday launch next week
    • natsplatnat
    • By natsplatnat 20th Sep 18, 11:53 AM
    • 2,834 Posts
    • 2,559 Thanks
    natsplatnat
    WHOOP. I was up with the larks on the EJ site this morning

I am also waiting on the school holiday launch next week
    Originally posted by efes shareholder

Hope you bagged a bargain this morining Efes? I am waiting for next weeks release too.... I have told OH it is his turn to get up early though!! lol

• efes shareholder
    • By efes shareholder 20th Sep 18, 12:29 PM
    • 284 Posts
    • 753 Thanks
    efes shareholder
    The flights I booked have now gained 100 a seat so I am happy

What time did you get up ? I was booking at 5.25 this morning
    • natsplatnat
    • By natsplatnat 20th Sep 18, 12:33 PM
    • 2,834 Posts
    • 2,559 Thanks
    natsplatnat
    I was online by 05:45 - but there were only a handful of flights showing for my destination... and not on dates that would have worked. By 8am everything was available! I daren't check what they would cost if I booked now!

• efes shareholder
    • By efes shareholder 20th Sep 18, 12:44 PM
    • 284 Posts
    • 753 Thanks
    efes shareholder
    Go on , have a look - Technically its a saving and its the wins that keep us going

Are you off anywhere nice
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

123Posts Today

1,983Users online

Martin's Twitter