Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sophie125
    • By sophie125 3rd Jul 14, 10:57 AM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    sophie125
    Parking ticket from parking zone ltd
    • 3rd Jul 14, 10:57 AM
    Parking ticket from parking zone ltd 3rd Jul 14 at 10:57 AM
    Hi all,

I got a parking ticket from parking zone which isn't regulated by POPLA for 85 payable within 2 weeks or 105 within 28 days. I appealed against this because there wasn't a clear 'private land no park sign' at the entrance to the land. I actually looked out for one but did not see one. It turns out the sign is on the wall at the back just above overgrown trees. A picture of the sign was sent with the rejection letter and i have been ordered to pay within 7 days. Is there a way out?
Page 1
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 3rd Jul 14, 11:06 AM
    • 17,571 Posts
    • 27,778 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 3rd Jul 14, 11:06 AM
    • 3rd Jul 14, 11:06 AM
    From Shirley in the West Midlands?

Here's a previous thread about them

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4865735

The mistake you made was to make any contact at all with them - as they are not members of an Approved Trade Association (BPA or IPC) they cannot get access to your personal details via the DVLA.

Please tell me you emailed them rather than write giving your name and address?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • sophie125
    • By sophie125 3rd Jul 14, 11:51 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sophie125
    • 3rd Jul 14, 11:51 AM
    • 3rd Jul 14, 11:51 AM
    i had to write to them as they do not have an email address. i am inbetween moving address though and not changed my address with DVLA does this help my case in anyway? what do i do now?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 3rd Jul 14, 12:16 PM
    • 17,571 Posts
    • 27,778 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 3rd Jul 14, 12:16 PM
    • 3rd Jul 14, 12:16 PM
    i had to write to them as they do not have an email address. i am inbetween moving address though and not changed my address with DVLA does this help my case in anyway? what do i do now?
    Originally posted by sophie125
    There's nothing you can do apart from ignore them. But they can issue court papers for up to 6 years. No one can tell you if they will or won't - chances are they won't, but who knows?

What you possibly might get are debt collector letters, which can safely be ignored.

You must NOT ignore court papers or any letter from the PPC headed 'Letter Before Action' (or similar). Come back if you get either of these.

As a minimum you need to set up a re-direct of your post to your new address. You must also notify the DVLA of your change of address (legal requirement), but this has nothing to do with this parking event - this PPC cannot get your details from the DVLA (for reasons outlined in my first post).
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • sophie125
    • By sophie125 3rd Jul 14, 4:37 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    sophie125
    • 3rd Jul 14, 4:37 PM
    • 3rd Jul 14, 4:37 PM
    Ok, Will sit tight and see what happens. Thank you
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Jul 14, 12:33 AM
    • 57,393 Posts
    • 70,997 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 4th Jul 14, 12:33 AM
    • 4th Jul 14, 12:33 AM
    OLD ADVICE - PLEASE READ THE NEWBIES THREAD.

See my signature below.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 12-03-2018 at 12:12 AM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• esmerobbo
    • By esmerobbo 4th Jul 14, 6:23 AM
    • 4,724 Posts
    • 6,199 Thanks
    esmerobbo
    • 4th Jul 14, 6:23 AM
    • 4th Jul 14, 6:23 AM
    This is who you are dealing with.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-11851471?utm_source=BBC+News&utm_medium=twitter

Rehabilitation does not seem to have worked. They claim they have excess to the DVLA on their tickets, so they either own the land or they are telling porkies. I hope Birmingham TS are keeping tabs on this company.
    • ebm
    • By ebm 13th Jun 16, 8:30 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ebm
    • 13th Jun 16, 8:30 PM
    • 13th Jun 16, 8:30 PM
    Hi

My mother just received a fine from Parking Zone Ltd.

Should she ignore it?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 13th Jun 16, 9:35 PM
    • 18,113 Posts
    • 22,902 Thanks
    Redx
    • 13th Jun 16, 9:35 PM
    • 13th Jun 16, 9:35 PM
    Hi

Should she ignore it?
    Originally posted by ebm
    if they are not members of the IPC or the BPA then yes, IGNORE it
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 13th Jun 16, 9:51 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    Hi

Should she ignore it?
    Originally posted by ebm

do not ring or write to them , if you receive anything via the post , please return for more help

(and a share of the popcorn)

edit:

dissolved then incorporated https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/#q=Parking Zone Ltd.&page=1
    Last edited by pappa golf; 13-06-2016 at 9:57 PM.
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Dkennedy
    • By Dkennedy 3rd Oct 16, 3:57 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Dkennedy
    Parking zone not entitled to access dvla
    I got a ticket in brum phoned and asked how he was able to get my details as he is not registered with an appropriate trade association ... Silence. then I got a txt saying from dvla 'sir' I replied do dvla give out personal info to unregistered ex convicts ... Still awaiting his reply months later. Ticket is framed on my wall as a good talking point. The owner of parking zone at time has been in gaol for parking related offences
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Oct 16, 7:53 PM
    • 57,393 Posts
    • 70,997 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Wow, such thuggery - texting you pretending to be the DVLA.

I bet they clean up from little old ladies who hate 'owing money' and idiots who have more money than sense, as soon as they see a 'PCN'.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• king312
    • By king312 27th Dec 16, 4:15 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    king312
    Ok, Will sit tight and see what happens. Thank you
    Originally posted by sophie125
    Hi Sophie, any update?, hopefully no news is good news, I had a similar encounter then another encounter the following day http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=71827871
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 27th Dec 16, 4:22 PM
    • 8,706 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    pappa golf
    no need to update , the only thing you need to know is that they are not in an ATA , and therefore cannot get your details unless you contact them

do not contact them , but if you recieve any paperwork from tthem , return to YOUR thread and update it
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
    • Tony doan
    • By Tony doan 12th Mar 18, 12:07 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tony doan
    Hello forum,

Please help me to give your advice. I have just got this issue as mentioned in this thread. I did not see any sign to prevent parking in this car park. The man in white car pointed them to me. They are too small to see. Besides that he told me if payment is today, it will be discounted and only pay 75. It makes me some confusion. Do I need to contact them because ij they have good and big sign. I will never park there.

Thanks
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 12th Mar 18, 12:18 AM
    • 57,393 Posts
    • 70,997 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    This thread is FOUR years old, do not post here.

I can't find a firm called 'Parking Zone Ltd' with the BPA or the IPC, if your PCN was from them.

If they are not members of an Approved Trade Association (BPA or IPC) they cannot get access to your personal details via the DVLA and so (obviously) YOU MUST IGNORE THEM.

DO NOT GIVE A PARKING FIRM YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS IF THEY ARE NOT IN THE BPA OR IPC.

DO NOT APPEAL TO A NON-REGULATED BUNCH OF CHANCERS.

Please read the NEWBIES thread here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

• Tony doan
    • By Tony doan 12th Mar 18, 1:16 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tony doan
    Thanks Coupon-mad for your advice and the information for newbies. Its very helpful.

Can I ask you one more question? How can I know it mentionin in PPC as your mention?
    I can't find a firm called 'Parking Zone Ltd' with the BPA or the IPC, if your PCN was from them.

Thanks,
    • waamo
    • By waamo 12th Mar 18, 1:20 AM
    • 3,183 Posts
    • 4,212 Thanks
    waamo
    Who exactly issued a ticket to you? The name of the company as it appears on the paperwork.
    This space for hire.
    • Tony doan
    • By Tony doan 12th Mar 18, 7:52 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tony doan
    Thanks @waamo for your explaination. I just see the Parking Zone Ltd in the front of notice and the address/telephone to make a payment st the back side. Please help me to have a look and give your advice.

The back of notice just has one section to mention the address company.
    123/101 Stratford Rd, Solihull, B90 3ND
    Tel: 07534355141

Thanks,
    Tony
    • IamEmanresu
    • By IamEmanresu 12th Mar 18, 8:26 AM
    • 2,296 Posts
    • 4,099 Thanks
    IamEmanresu
    There is a MailBox's shop there so it is more than likely this is simply a drop for the letters. These are often used by the smaller operations.

As mentioned above they are not ATA but you might want to contact the DVLA with the paperwork and get them to confirm it. No harm in the DVLA being made aware of this company.
    Idiots please note: If you intend NOT to read the information on the Notice of Allocation and hand a simple win to the knuckle dragging ex-clampers, then don't waste people's time with questions on a claim you'll not defend.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

87Posts Today

2,290Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin