Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • <sebb>
    • By <sebb> 11th Jun 14, 2:04 PM
    • 420Posts
    • 585Thanks
    <sebb>
    Bifolds
    • 11th Jun 14, 2:04 PM
    Bifolds 11th Jun 14 at 2:04 PM
    Just had a quote for Aluminium bi-fold doors. 5 doors, total width 4.2M. The manufacturer of the doors is Schuco I believe.

7,150 including VAT (with an extra 15% on top if I want them in any colour other than white).

Its a bit higher than I was expecting (particularly the colour supplement as I do want them in grey). Waiting for another quote but that seems to be taking an age to come through.

Oh and I'm in London, so I expect that adds a bit to the fitting cost.
    Last edited by <sebb>; 11-06-2014 at 2:09 PM.
Page 5
    • nick4692
    • By nick4692 8th Jan 19, 4:54 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    nick4692
    Hi, thanks for your question. Alulux gives little away with their products so It's hard to see what system they sell. My understanding is their doors are made in Turkey, using the ASAS aluminium profile and the DRC-60 bifold system.

There is nothing wrong with doors made in Turkey or anywhere else in Europe as long as you're confident of getting good service in the event of a fault and the doors need servicing or replacement parts. For example, Sunflex doors are made in Germany and this is a very fine brand indeed.

They also say on their website "All our systems are designed, engineered and built in-house" so again you might want to check if they do make their doors or they buy them in?

If you'd like to drop a message with your location or get in touch via the website give me an idea of your budget and happy to try suggest alternatives for you.

Hope this helps
    kind regards
    Nick
    A lifetime of double glazing and trying to improve the image of it.
    • britishboy
    • By britishboy 12th Jan 19, 12:49 AM
    • 2,825 Posts
    • 361 Thanks
    britishboy
    We had a small bifold supplied and fitted (aluminium, 2 panel, total width was 2.4m) and we paid 1,850 i think for a company just north of London. Very impressed with them

We are looking at wider doors for an extension (up to 5m wide) and im budgeting approx 1k per metre for them
    • nick4692
    • By nick4692 13th Jan 19, 6:44 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    nick4692
    1850 for a two panel bifold door set is great value actually with most mid-range bifold doors retailing for about 1100-1300 per panel inc VAT and fitting.
    • britishboy
    • By britishboy 15th Jan 19, 12:31 PM
    • 2,825 Posts
    • 361 Thanks
    britishboy
    1850 for a two panel bifold door set is great value actually with most mid-range bifold doors retailing for about 1100-1300 per panel inc VAT and fitting.
    Originally posted by nick4692

Thats what we thught, they are Smart System bifolds, I just found the emailed quote for them. We are actually planning on 2 more sets (both 2.5m wide again) in an extension later on this year, we are that impressed with them
    • nick4692
    • By nick4692 15th Jan 19, 12:45 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    nick4692
    Hello. yes they are fantastic doors and a very big seller in the UK. Well made and correctly installed they should serve you very well.
    • s_glover
    • By s_glover 18th Jan 19, 3:59 PM
    • 446 Posts
    • 1,339 Thanks
    s_glover
    Has anyone any experience of the Beaufort Folding Door System?
    • nick4692
    • By nick4692 18th Jan 19, 5:07 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    nick4692
    Hello there, the Beaufort name was changed to Aluk a few years ago now and most Beaufort products either improved, replaced or retained under different names. The current product is the Aluk Optio BSC94 bifolding door or the thinner more enhanced Lumina F82 model.

Very good system, widely fitted in the UK and well priced. Happy to put you in touch with some local suppliers if you want to drop me a message with your location.
    Kind regards
    Nick
    • s_glover
    • By s_glover 18th Jan 19, 6:52 PM
    • 446 Posts
    • 1,339 Thanks
    s_glover
    Thank you Nick. Makes sense. I have sent you a message.
    • britishboy
    • By britishboy 19th Jan 19, 5:00 PM
    • 2,825 Posts
    • 361 Thanks
    britishboy
    Hello. yes they are fantastic doors and a very big seller in the UK. Well made and correctly installed they should serve you very well.
    Originally posted by nick4692

We do love them, the sightline (think its called that) isnt as slim as some others, but they are solid and handleless from the outside, meaning added security.
    • JEN22
    • By JEN22 20th Jan 19, 4:38 AM
    • 570 Posts
    • 107 Thanks
    JEN22
    We are looking for a three door bifold in Lancashire. Any ideas of cost please and also makes
    • Foz72
    • By Foz72 3rd Feb 19, 9:05 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Foz72
    Russell Timber Tech
    Avoid this company unless you are prepared to wait 23 weeks (they estimated 10 weeks) with absolutely no customer help or replies to my many requests for assistance following weeks of being told of deliveries only to find out 24 hrs before that it would not be here (don't believe they were even made) so having joiners on site with nothing to do.

Decent doors though but not easy to install as you basically have to dismantle and rebuild.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

432Posts Today

4,502Users online

Martin's Twitter