Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • CheCazzo
    • By CheCazzo 26th Apr 14, 12:03 PM
    • 509Posts
    • 3,846Thanks
    CheCazzo
    Sanderson's Blinds. Again.
    • 26th Apr 14, 12:03 PM
    Sanderson's Blinds. Again. 26th Apr 14 at 12:03 PM
    Another badly timed unwanted sales call . I patiently explained to the girl that we've already had this conversation and they should now please take me off their lists. "Well" she said "Can I ask why you entered the competition then?" I said that was more than six months ago and since then I've had no end of unwanted calls from them asking stupid questions like that and repeated the request to take me off their lists. As she was asking me again why I didn't want to talk to them I'm afraid I gave up and rang off.
    One thing sticks with me though. I will NEVER ever use these people even if I win the lottery tomorrow and decide to have blinds in every single room of my multi-room mansion.
Page 1
    • BlueBella
    • By BlueBella 26th Apr 14, 12:18 PM
    • 9,650 Posts
    • 343,570 Thanks
    BlueBella
    • 26th Apr 14, 12:18 PM
    • 26th Apr 14, 12:18 PM
    They have rung me several times too! I think they assume that because we have entered a competition to win with them that we SHOULD speak to them! I always tell them 'sorry, my mam and dad are on holiday' then hang up! (and I don't live with my mam and dad but I have been told I sound young on the phone!)
    A big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter

I never knew how strong i was until being strong was my only choice....Don't Judge My Path If You Haven't Walked My Journey....
    • hamsterfan1
    • By hamsterfan1 26th Apr 14, 5:45 PM
    • 8,042 Posts
    • 75,168 Thanks
    hamsterfan1
    • 26th Apr 14, 5:45 PM
    • 26th Apr 14, 5:45 PM
    Do you think they should be added to the spam list?
    proud gran to 4 lovely boys and one little girl
    • gholmes724
    • By gholmes724 26th Apr 14, 6:35 PM
    • 620 Posts
    • 2,756 Thanks
    gholmes724
    • 26th Apr 14, 6:35 PM
    • 26th Apr 14, 6:35 PM
    Do you think they should be added to the spam list?
    Originally posted by hamsterfan1

Definitely, I don't even bother to enter their competitions these days, not convinced anyone ever wins.

I was called and told I'd won a free quote and they would have to visit my home to present it to me.

Total scum.
    • CheCazzo
    • By CheCazzo 26th Apr 14, 6:50 PM
    • 509 Posts
    • 3,846 Thanks
    CheCazzo
    • 26th Apr 14, 6:50 PM
    • 26th Apr 14, 6:50 PM
    Yes - totally they should be added to the spam list. Good idea! Honestly - I started comping back in Sept last year and that was one of the first ones I entered (I think!) and they've been calling me ever since. Always at weekends, once on a Sunday of all days. And the questions! Why did you enter the competition (well - I've always wanted to win two nights in the open air with a camel - why'd ya think?) to If you won which room would you want the blinds in and can we quote you for that room (yeah - memo to sales team - If I could afford your stupid blinds I probably wouldn't enter your stupid competitions!)
    Apologies if I sound unduly wound up about this but these people at Sandersons always manage to make me feel bad about having entered their competition and I'm sure that's not the point of comping!
    • BlueBella
    • By BlueBella 26th Apr 14, 7:15 PM
    • 9,650 Posts
    • 343,570 Thanks
    BlueBella
    • 26th Apr 14, 7:15 PM
    • 26th Apr 14, 7:15 PM
    Yes - totally they should be added to the spam list. Good idea! Honestly - I started comping back in Sept last year and that was one of the first ones I entered (I think!) and they've been calling me ever since. Always at weekends, once on a Sunday of all days. And the questions! Why did you enter the competition (well - I've always wanted to win two nights in the open air with a camel - why'd ya think?) to If you won which room would you want the blinds in and can we quote you for that room (yeah - memo to sales team - If I could afford your stupid blinds I probably wouldn't enter your stupid competitions!)
    Apologies if I sound unduly wound up about this but these people at Sandersons always manage to make me feel bad about having entered their competition and I'm sure that's not the point of comping!
    Originally posted by CheCazzo
    Completely agree with you there - they are phone trolls!

I never knew how strong i was until being strong was my only choice....Don't Judge My Path If You Haven't Walked My Journey....
    • aurorablues
    • By aurorablues 26th Apr 14, 7:32 PM
    • 308 Posts
    • 3,557 Thanks
    aurorablues
    • 26th Apr 14, 7:32 PM
    • 26th Apr 14, 7:32 PM
    Is there not somewhere you can report them to for harassment?
    • gholmes724
    • By gholmes724 26th Apr 14, 7:37 PM
    • 620 Posts
    • 2,756 Thanks
    gholmes724
    • 26th Apr 14, 7:37 PM
    • 26th Apr 14, 7:37 PM
    I have a killer letter/email which got rid of them in the end - their behaviour is contrary to harassment and telecommunication laws.
    • aurorablues
    • By aurorablues 26th Apr 14, 7:41 PM
    • 308 Posts
    • 3,557 Thanks
    aurorablues
    • 26th Apr 14, 7:41 PM
    • 26th Apr 14, 7:41 PM
    I have a killer letter/email which got rid of them in the end - their behaviour is contrary to harassment and telecommunication laws.
    Originally posted by gholmes724
    Indeed it is
    • CheCazzo
    • By CheCazzo 26th Apr 14, 7:50 PM
    • 509 Posts
    • 3,846 Thanks
    CheCazzo
    That's interesting to know. Perhaps you can tell me this - if I am registered with the TPS does me giving my phone number in a competition entry invalidate or override the TPS function?
    • aurorablues
    • By aurorablues 26th Apr 14, 7:57 PM
    • 308 Posts
    • 3,557 Thanks
    aurorablues
    I'm personally not sure, but whether it does overide, you have specifically told the company to take you off their lists and stop calling you, and they have ignored this which is quite frankly harassment whether you opted in to giving your number to them at some point in time or not.
    Last edited by aurorablues; 26-04-2014 at 8:01 PM.
    • CheCazzo
    • By CheCazzo 26th Apr 14, 8:04 PM
    • 509 Posts
    • 3,846 Thanks
    CheCazzo
    Thank you aurorablues - that's what I'll tell them when they ring again because sadly I feel sure that they will.
    • nelie
    • By nelie 26th Apr 14, 8:16 PM
    • 1,494 Posts
    • 15,917 Thanks
    nelie
    I have blocked their number on my mobile after 17 missed calls in a week, they also rang me on a sunday. They have my home phone number, I have no idea how they have it as i NEVER use it as I live with my mum. They rang 11 times in one day, ringing off as soon as we answered. Even up to 8pm at night.
    I agree, multiple calls… they need to go on spam.
    FEBRUARY WINS
    Box of Coffee, Box of Tea, Vegan beauty bundle, GTech Handheld and Cordless Hoover, Chocolates, Packing Cube, Cooper Tree Ornament, ‘Cards - Print - Wall Hanging’,

BEST 2019 WIN: Handheld and Cordless Hoover
    Thanks to all posters - Have a lucky 2019
    • aurorablues
    • By aurorablues 26th Apr 14, 8:31 PM
    • 308 Posts
    • 3,557 Thanks
    aurorablues
    I have blocked their number on my mobile after 17 missed calls in a week, they also rang me on a sunday. They have my home phone number, I have no idea how they have it as i NEVER use it as I live with my mum. They rang 11 times in one day, ringing off as soon as we answered. Even up to 8pm at night.
    I agree, multiple calls… they need to go on spam.
    Originally posted by nelie
    WOW! That is even worse than a lot of debt collectors which is saying something.

To anyone that is affected by this company, I personally would do what gholmes724 has done and write them a good letter outlining that what they are doing is wrong, clearly state you want to be taken off thier lists, with a theat of reporting them if it continues.
    • CheCazzo
    • By CheCazzo 26th Apr 14, 9:38 PM
    • 509 Posts
    • 3,846 Thanks
    CheCazzo
    I've made my displeasure known on Twitter but I'm not very good at that site and I can't see my 'tweets' - perhaps I did it wrong? I don't know. But if they think it's ok to hassle me then they can have some back .
    Nelie - they come up on my phone as No Caller ID and I have to answer those in case it's the hospital else I'd ignore them. What number do they use for you?
    • nelie
    • By nelie 26th Apr 14, 9:48 PM
    • 1,494 Posts
    • 15,917 Thanks
    nelie
    I've made my displeasure known on Twitter but I'm not very good at that site and I can't see my 'tweets' - perhaps I did it wrong? I don't know. But if they think it's ok to hassle me then they can have some back .
    Nelie - they come up on my phone as No Caller ID and I have to answer those in case it's the hospital else I'd ignore them. What number do they use for you?
    Originally posted by CheCazzo
    It's an 02… number. Their standard one. I don't get unknown numbers calling me, but I assume they gave up after they realised they can no longer ring me on their normal one.

I know, it was really bad, but thankfully, now I asked to be taken off, they haven't rung back. I don't think they really care- I did mention the amount of calls I got was out of order, but the lady on the phone was like "okay" :/

She was the best person I dealt with though. Eventually, she agreed to take my home number off the list…
    FEBRUARY WINS
    Box of Coffee, Box of Tea, Vegan beauty bundle, GTech Handheld and Cordless Hoover, Chocolates, Packing Cube, Cooper Tree Ornament, ‘Cards - Print - Wall Hanging’,

BEST 2019 WIN: Handheld and Cordless Hoover
    Thanks to all posters - Have a lucky 2019
    • lilias
    • By lilias 27th Apr 14, 6:34 AM
    • 7,159 Posts
    • 456,657 Thanks
    lilias
    I've pm'd VelvetGlove about this thread.
    • VelvetGlove
    • By VelvetGlove 27th Apr 14, 11:25 AM
    • 11,899 Posts
    • 24,361 Thanks
    VelvetGlove
    Thanks for the pm lilias

I've added it to the Guide:

11 Are there any sites, from experience, which are likely to generate lots of spam?
    There are a few which have come to our collective attention as sites that, when used for comps, seem to generate lots of unwanted postal, email & phone call attention. These are listed below for your information, however, please do remember that this is only the collective opinion of other MSE Compers & does not necessarily reflect upon the sites themselves.

2minutedraw
    4FreeUK
    ABCWins
    ActiveYou
    Bouncing-Babies
    Cashillion (Lead Generation, Data Aquisition, Email Marketing company)
    Catalink
    Clash Club/Clash media
    Club La Costa
    Consumer Lifestyles
    Consumer Opinions
    Craftomatic Beds (Comps appear to be just a way to get a salesman into your home, especially if vulnerable/alone)
    Emailinform
    EZ Prize Giveaway
    Fair Exchange
    FindAPrize (questions raised if prizes awarded, slight spam, non existant company address, dodgy? Info here & here)
    Foresters (have pestered with phone calls quite badly and even salesmen turning up on the doorstep. See here and here for more info)
    Freeb.ie
    GetMeATicket
    GetYourBillsPaid
    GreatUKsurveys
    Guide2Win
    HelloMagazine (offers.hellomagazine.com - comps on this URL have caused spam to some compers, be aware!)
    InstantPrizeDraw
    Just-Rewards
    Lingscars
    MyConsumer
    MyFamilyUK
    MyOffers
    NoizeMakesEnemies (Care - your profile with name, address, phone number & email appear to be on show with no way to make it private!!)
    Nuts (comps.nuts.co.uk - comps on this URL run by data collecting co. Data Media & Research Ltd.)
    OffersClick
    OfferX
    Opinioniser
    Optical Express (have pestered with calls, more info here and here - scroll down to post on 12 Nov'12 onwards)
    Optimax (phone calls, letters & emails!)
    PenicuUK.com (linked to Weatherseal below)
    PickUpThe Prizes
    Planet49 (please read here, here, here & here for more information)
    PlayAndWin (beware emails received, see this thread for info)
    Plum Offers
    PostcodeLottery (see here, here, here & here - don't confuse with FreePostcodeLottery who are fine)
    Premier Christian Radio (lots of postal junk mail even when you opt out of future contact)
    Prize4U
    Prizes.UK
    PrizePunch
    PrizeStore
    RewardsToday
    Sandersons Blinds (various comp sites but the prize is for blinds from this company, Thomas Sanderson - pestered very badly, please read here for more info)
    ShopBe
    Simple2Win
    SoapBoxSurvey
    SoFreebies
    SupremeOGlaze (linked to Weatherseal below)
    Space Kitchens (see thread here)
    TheStarPrize
    Tickbox
    Topfox
    Toyhound
    UKDailyDeals
    UkPrize
    UK-PrizeDraw
    VoiceInACrowd
    Vouch4me
    WatchMyWallet
    Weatherseal
    Weather Wherever
    Whats On TV (now 'powered by Instant Win 4 Now')
    Willowbrook (chairs) (have pestered with phone calls quite badly on some comps - see here and also here)
    Win 4 Now
    Win24
    Zenith Windows (linked to Weatherseal above)
    Ziinga (beware emails received, see this thread for info)
    Originally posted by VelvetGlove
    If you hadn't pm'd I wouldn't have seen this thread so thank you again for letting me know about it
    Sad because you don't know what to do? Comping question? Take a look in the Comping Guide to find out
    • CheCazzo
    • By CheCazzo 27th Apr 14, 4:01 PM
    • 509 Posts
    • 3,846 Thanks
    CheCazzo
    Thanks for that VelvetGlove - I feel much happier now knowing that at least there's a chance people might read that before entering one of their comps again.
    • BlueBella
    • By BlueBella 15th May 14, 6:15 PM
    • 9,650 Posts
    • 343,570 Thanks
    BlueBella
    Sanderson's Blinds rang me just now! Grrrrrr - said not interested and I'm watching Emmerdale....then click...hung up! Their number comes up as UNKNOWN on my mobile so I cannot block them!

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

254Posts Today

4,660Users online

Martin's Twitter