Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 21st Apr 14, 12:12 AM
    • 5,754Posts
    • 13,196Thanks
    mellymoo74
    talk me down please
    • 21st Apr 14, 12:12 AM
    talk me down please 21st Apr 14 at 12:12 AM
    Ok 10 years ago me and OH took MIL and Aunty away the plan was during this break we would invite em to the wedding.
    Before we could they stormed off and refused to answer any of my OHs calls.
    OH tried to get them to talk didn't happen and the wedding went ahead.
    Eventually OH and MIL are reconciled 2 years on another argument is provoked eventually reconciled then a big bust up about her not being at our wedding then reconciled rinse and repeat.
    MIL has been diagnosed with terminal cancer we have been ensuring she has company food etc (regular visits) I went to her appointment with her last Fri then last Sat OH goes around to see her and the wedding row was provoked again she went in for an op Mon telling OHs sister the auntie nephews etc to not tell my OH she was in or the ward or when the op was.
    OH is upset so I get the hospital info so at least we can find out how she is.
    We went to see her at the hospital on Fri aft and discovered shed been discharged in the morning.
    Still not called OH no contact nothing.
    I am livid my OH has been beside themselves and deeply upset (which is the intention) she can't even allow people to say she is ok.
    So how do I keep my OH on a nice even keel and stop myself from telling her off?
Page 164
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 23rd Feb 18, 11:35 AM
    • 5,754 Posts
    • 13,196 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    So time for a whinge

Having to redo OHs PIP that's 12 months early
    HA will be turning our car park into a road so parking will be right by our Windows meaning no privacy this is an issue for guess who?
    He's back to pre hospital levels of anxiety but with added night terrors.

Hospital again in Sunday for lung appointment (breathing in stomach acid and having your lungs moved to get to your oesophagus cause lung damage)
    • tunathe cat
    • By tunathe cat 24th Feb 18, 7:51 AM
    • 349 Posts
    • 1,424 Thanks
    tunathe cat
    [QUOTE=mellymoo74;73925365]So time for a whinge

It is not letting me post why? it keeps repeating not enough characters so just adding a few more words!!!!!!

Mel Hugs honey wishing you strength for the next journey of benefit applications - its a nightmare the system is rigged to set up to fail. Even the staff in the job centre have difficulty understanding the system! Red tape of HA and councils . Then the icing on top of the cake NHS and trying to find the correct path for hubby!

You and I dont just have a T shirt for struggling with the above we have a complete wardrobe !

Baby steps / big girls knickers/ smile and fake it! Will be sitting in the same carriage as yourself keeping you company for the next stage of this journey!

Love the photos of your furbies pm me anytime
    Andrea x

Having to redo OHs PIP that's 12 months early
    HA will be turning our car park into a road so parking will be right by our Windows meaning no privacy this is an issue for guess who?
    He's back to pre hospital levels of anxiety but with added night terrors.

Hospital again in Sunday for lung appointment (breathing in stomach acid and having your lungs moved to get to your

Mel Hugs honey wishing you strength for the next journey of benefit applications - its a nightmare the system is rigged to set up to fail. Even the staff in the job centre have difficulty understanding the system! Red tape of HA and councils . Then the icing on top of the cake NHS and trying to find the correct path for hubby!

You and I dont just have a T shirt for struggling with the above we have a complete wardrobe !

Baby steps / big girls knickers/ smile and fake it! Will be sitting in the same carriage as yourself keeping you company for the next stage of this journey!

Love the photos of your furbies pm me anytime
    Andrea x
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 27th Feb 18, 3:19 PM
    • 5,754 Posts
    • 13,196 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    So where we are with the lungs is less than 50% capacity
    This was caused by repeated infections following the rupture.

Apparently he had pneumonia in December as well as dangerously low potassium levels that we didn't think to mention!!

Lung doctor said it's COPD nothing could have been done to prevent it bottom half of lungs is just scar tissue.
    Also he has never heard of anyone surviving a ruptured oesophagus

He would have liked to scan to check but because of a amount he had last year isn't going to as OH should be glowing and at risk of cancer.

One of our best friends died from COPD
    OH anxiety is through the roof.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by mellymoo74; 27-02-2018 at 3:47 PM.
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 27th Feb 18, 6:41 PM
    • 5,419 Posts
    • 57,958 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    melly I don't think I've ever posted on your thread before, but i follow it. I'm sorry your poor OH is so anxious. I just wanted you to know that my MIL had COPD and lived well into her eighties.

Thinking of you both, and the furries of course.
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 28th Feb 18, 12:09 AM
    • 5,754 Posts
    • 13,196 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Thank you Ivyleaf.

I have reminded the idiot of the alternative repeatedly and at length.

One of his oldest friends has been visiting, he saw a panic attack a couple of weeks ago and is another voice chirruping away about CMHT etc.
    • tunathe cat
    • By tunathe cat 28th Feb 18, 9:46 AM
    • 349 Posts
    • 1,424 Thanks
    tunathe cat
    hugs to all ice and snow flutters keep warm and safe xx
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 4th Mar 18, 4:02 PM
    • 5,754 Posts
    • 13,196 Thanks
    mellymoo74

Have a Freya pic,
    Housing have started again
    Aparently we are losing the car park
    It's going to be a main road
    Won't case dust or disruption apparently

Back to evidence gathering.....
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 4th Mar 18, 4:14 PM
    • 5,754 Posts
    • 13,196 Thanks
    mellymoo74

And a princess pic
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 5th Mar 18, 10:17 AM
    • 5,754 Posts
    • 13,196 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    My Kevin has blossomed from a shy boy who peeks round doors and runs off when you look at him too long into a bossy bruiser of a a boy.

Him and Tiger saw off another cat last night lol.

He is very chatty with me and incredibly affectionate with both me and OH
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 5th Mar 18, 11:54 AM
    • 5,754 Posts
    • 13,196 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Should get a copy of the letter that's gone to the GP with his diagnosis, plan etc on it next day or so need to make sure it mentions dust. Useful for PIP also to the stupid housing.
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 5th Mar 18, 2:47 PM
    • 5,754 Posts
    • 13,196 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/bronchiectasis/

It's this
    • ivyleaf
    • By ivyleaf 7th Mar 18, 4:05 PM
    • 5,419 Posts
    • 57,958 Thanks
    ivyleaf
    melly, one of my colleagues had that after she had had pneumonia and had thought it was just a bad cold so didn't see a doctor.
    She had to do "coughing exercises" every day. To her surprise, it did
    eventually get better, even though the consultant has told her she'd have it for the rest of her life, so don't give up hope.
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 7th Mar 18, 4:20 PM
    • 5,754 Posts
    • 13,196 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    OH had food and stomach acid in his lungs
    Repeated lung infections
    They hope some of the damage will repair but he currently has about 41% of his lungs functioning

Hopefully it will work the same Ivyleaf.

Consultant will provide a letter for the Housing stating he problems that building a road outside our front door will cause so yay
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 7th Mar 18, 4:45 PM
    • 5,754 Posts
    • 13,196 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Apparently he developed ARD's
    50% chance of survival from the rupture
    And 50% chance from ARDs currently telling him how lucky he is
    • tunathe cat
    • By tunathe cat 8th Mar 18, 9:08 AM
    • 349 Posts
    • 1,424 Thanks
    tunathe cat
    Super cyber hugs Mel - thinking of you and hubby and furbies xx andrea
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 19th Mar 18, 1:09 PM
    • 5,754 Posts
    • 13,196 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Letter from lung consultant supporting a move so that battle is commencing
    OH mental hea!th is baaad at the minute, night terrors, panic attacks yesterday said he was sick of all the tablets and I fought to keep him alive to punish him he wishes I had just let him die.

Cmht next month
    I did think changing antidepressants when it's the anniversary of his mum on the 7th and him in the 28th was a silly idea but....

I shall upload some fantastic animal pics shortly as I have trillions

Hope your all ok?
    X
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 19th Mar 18, 1:28 PM
    • 5,754 Posts
    • 13,196 Thanks
    mellymoo74

Sloppy boy
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 19th Mar 18, 1:31 PM
    • 5,754 Posts
    • 13,196 Thanks
    mellymoo74

Miserable old grinch
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 21st Mar 18, 4:56 PM
    • 5,754 Posts
    • 13,196 Thanks
    mellymoo74

Look
    The boys
    • Pollycat
    • By Pollycat 21st Mar 18, 6:17 PM
    • 20,031 Posts
    • 53,754 Thanks
    Pollycat
    Lovely photos (as always), Melly.
    Hope things are OK and that the letter from the consultant will help facilitate the move.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

143Posts Today

1,326Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin