Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    TazFrank1
    ERUDIO student loans help
    • 16th Mar 14, 10:32 PM
    ERUDIO student loans help 16th Mar 14 at 10:32 PM
    HI,

My student loan has recently been sold to erudio student loans company. I currently defer my loan as I am below the salary threshold to pay it back. The letter states that erudio will supply details of my loan to credit rating agencies, something that has never been done before. There have never been any details of my student loan on my credit file. Will this adversely effect my credit score?? I know I am right to defer as I do not earn enough to start paying it back, however, I am worried that a 10k student loan debt that has not been paid off can only be a bad thing for my credit score

thanks
Page 319
    • Brooker Dave
    • By Brooker Dave 7th Nov 18, 10:50 PM
    • 4,913 Posts
    • 3,152 Thanks
    Brooker Dave
    Hi there, not sure if you could help me but I have just received a letter from Dryden on behalf of Erudio with a claim to be settled in northampton County court. I have not received any deferment forms from Erudio and only one letter a while ago telling me they were taking over my loan. I asked for deferment forms and did not receive any. I am not sure how to proceed with my response to the claim. I cannot afford to pay back my loan, but I do not want to start paying off a claim as I am 50 in 2 years and my student loan will be discarded then... What is the worse that could happen if I do nothing and the claim is upheld against me?
    Originally posted by jocrow
    You need to respond to the claim otherwise they will get a CCJ

Put in a defense
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
    • Brooker Dave
    • By Brooker Dave 7th Nov 18, 10:53 PM
    • 4,913 Posts
    • 3,152 Thanks
    Brooker Dave
    Looks like Cargill/Arrow are going for it and using the courts to milk their victims...
    "Love you Dave Brooker! x"

"i sent a letter headded sales of god act 1979"
    • BaffledByErudio
    • By BaffledByErudio 9th Nov 18, 12:58 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    BaffledByErudio
    Worrying. Hope this isn't an 'in it for the long term' tactic, where they might chase you when you're nearing write-off point.
    • VT82
    • By VT82 9th Nov 18, 1:16 PM
    • 1,008 Posts
    • 851 Thanks
    VT82
    Yep I got that letter today and thought nice try Erudio. I laughed at it as I'm not that stupid and I'd hope most other graduates aren't either.
    Janette (@NattyNetty) September 8, 2018
    You can't be that bright if you still aren't earning 30k 20 years after being at uni
    • heartbreak_star
    • By heartbreak_star 9th Nov 18, 2:10 PM
    • 7,679 Posts
    • 16,948 Thanks
    heartbreak_star
    You can't be that bright if you still aren't earning 30k 20 years after being at uni
    Originally posted by VT82
    Vicious and incorrect. Much depends on area of the country and career path.

HBS x
    I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.

#JC4PM
    • MSE Callum
    • By MSE Callum 9th Nov 18, 2:46 PM
    • 386 Posts
    • 140 Thanks
    MSE Callum
    Hi all, hope you've had a chance to see this https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2018/10/student-loan-borrowers-who-started-uni-pre-1998-are-being-given-/
    Read the latest MSE News
    Flag up a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    • erudioed
    • By erudioed 9th Nov 18, 4:22 PM
    • 650 Posts
    • 934 Thanks
    erudioed
    And another article in the Daily Mirror as well: https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/pay-your-student-loan-half-13562555
    • want_to_save
    • By want_to_save 9th Nov 18, 7:43 PM
    • 335 Posts
    • 550 Thanks
    want_to_save
    Erudio and Salary Sacrifice
    Hi guys,

have mortgage style student loan and currently paying as salary above the level however i am increasing my salary sacrifice in Dec and that would bring notional salary below the limit.

Erudio state that they use contracted gross pay not notional gross pay (even though if i were to go for a mortgage mortgage company use notional)

anyone had any success with salary sacrifice and erudio. Not sure where to go?
    • Lungboy
    • By Lungboy 9th Nov 18, 8:45 PM
    • 1,551 Posts
    • 1,554 Thanks
    Lungboy
    My offer was only a 30% saving on what I owe, far from 50%.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

189Posts Today

2,166Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @laurawithers84: @MartinSLewis Our school is going to use your book for our new finance fortnight for year 8 students. We thought we wou?

• RT @katiejane13uk: ????????IMPORTANT - CALLING ALL LEASEHOLDERS TO COMPLETE???????? @mhclg Leasehold Reform Consultation closes this month. This is the?

• Just sent a text about postgrad loans. My Swype text auto-corrected it to pothead loans. Does it know something I don't?

• Follow Martin