Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 7th Mar 14, 2:58 PM
    • 13,444Posts
    • 42,219Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Shop & Scan
    • 7th Mar 14, 2:58 PM
    0 WOW
    Shop & Scan 7th Mar 14 at 2:58 PM
    As the Shop and Scan thread is getting long now and people are asking for referrals I thought it was about time for a new thread. Old thread here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=321950

Please note that registration is by invite only but you can register your interest in joining the panel here www.volunteer4panels.com

How it works

What we ask you to do
    Scanning in your shopping

Every time you or anyone else in your household buys something which is brought back home, please scan.

We also ask you to provide us with an image of your till receipt whenever you make a shopping trip. The best way to do so is by scanning the receipt with a flatbed/copy scanner. If you do not have one then you can take a photo using a digital camera instead.

At the end of EACH week please remember to transmit your barcodes and upload your till receipts...

Connect the Clicker to your PC
    Visit www.shopandscan.com
    Click on Transmit your Barcodes
    Clicker and Lead Arrow Address Bar Arrow Transmit Button
    After transmitting your barcodes please also Submit your Till Receipts.

Your weekly reward points will then be added to your Reward Account on the following Monday.

What we offer in return

Reward Points

As thanks for your participation, we will enrol you in our Reward Points Programme as soon as you register with us.
    We will regularly credit your account with points in exchange for your continued participation in the ShopandScan survey.
    You can review you balance at any time by logging into your Reward Account.

As soon as you have enough points, you may redeem them for any vouchers from the wide selection available.

Or you can accumulate your points for even greater rewards... the choice is yours.

Membership is free for you... there are no hidden costs associated with redemption of your Reward Points.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 23
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 6th Apr 18, 7:08 PM
    • 1,810 Posts
    • 680 Thanks
    paul2louise
    Shopandscan pays me very well. 1100 points for uploading barcodes 500 points for till receipt, food diary every 3 months 10000 points x 2 for weeks trial, food to go, consumer pulse. You can save up quite a lot over a year and use it for a range of vouchers. I know there have been time that Amazon vouchers have been unavailable but not all the time as I have bought a lot of stuff through Amazon using the vouchers. I think Chris tmas was tricky one year so best not to leave it tinker minute. Argos vouchers are handy for me
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 6th Apr 18, 9:44 PM
    • 1,810 Posts
    • 680 Thanks
    paul2louise
    Still no updates on food diary link. My deadline is Tuesday
    Pretty useless email reply

"Thank you for your email.
    We are aware of the issues with the Food Diary link and apologise for any inconvenience.
    A new link would be sent to you shortly, where you would be able to complete your task. Ignore the old link.
    Also, if you would like to speak to someone about this, please contact our Helpdesk
    Thank you for your understanding."
    • nanto3girls
    • By nanto3girls 7th Apr 18, 6:20 AM
    • 5,141 Posts
    • 80,718 Thanks
    nanto3girls
    I'm still waiting for the new link as well.
    • nanto3girls
    • By nanto3girls 9th Apr 18, 4:50 PM
    • 5,141 Posts
    • 80,718 Thanks
    nanto3girls
    Email received this afternoon

Further to our last email, due to on-going technical issues unfortunately we will not be able to send you a new link to continue completing your Food Diary.

However, we will award you the full 2 weeks' worth of points. You will receive these points within the next 48 hours.

These points will appear under a different name on your Rewards Account, but please be assured you will receive the full amount.

You may receive some emails in the next week asking you to carry on completing the diary, but please ignore these.

You don't need to fill in any more days on the link you've been using as this link is inactive now.

When you recieve your next Food Diary invitation later in the year, it will work as normal.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you very much for your patience and continued participation on the panel.
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 9th Apr 18, 5:04 PM
    • 1,810 Posts
    • 680 Thanks
    paul2louise
    Email received this afternoon

Further to our last email, due to on-going technical issues unfortunately we will not be able to send you a new link to continue completing your Food Diary.

However, we will award you the full 2 weeks' worth of points. You will receive these points within the next 48 hours.

These points will appear under a different name on your Rewards Account, but please be assured you will receive the full amount.

You may receive some emails in the next week asking you to carry on completing the diary, but please ignore these.

You don't need to fill in any more days on the link you've been using as this link is inactive now.

When you recieve your next Food Diary invitation later in the year, it will work as normal.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you very much for your patience and continued participation on the panel.
    Originally posted by nanto3girls
    Had the same email. So not all bad after all
    • nanto3girls
    • By nanto3girls 9th Apr 18, 5:06 PM
    • 5,141 Posts
    • 80,718 Thanks
    nanto3girls
    True......................
    • Snakey
    • By Snakey 9th Apr 18, 8:58 PM
    • 1,092 Posts
    • 1,297 Thanks
    Snakey
    Yeah I can live with that I reckon.
    • MSdave
    • By MSdave 20th Apr 18, 7:14 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 40 Thanks
    MSdave
    does anyone do the broadband and tv monitor? what is it like? intrusive? worth doing for the points?
    Originally posted by Aesop
    To chime in late on this Aesop, we've just had it installed, which took about an hour (for a massive reward of 25,000 points). I've been given a box that sits under the TV with symbols that we push when we're watching TV to say who is watching it - other than this quite straightforward.

As someone else said they give you an additional Wifi router, so you can always segregate off someone else's browsing if you are not comfortable - I do this for my work laptop as some of that information is sensitive.

Not tremendously intrusive for 25,000 points installation, 5,500 per month and a 30,000 annual bonus!
    • batg
    • By batg 21st Apr 18, 10:39 AM
    • 209 Posts
    • 321 Thanks
    batg
    Does anyone know how to get onto this? Does it have to be by referral? thanks
    • Farway
    • By Farway 21st Apr 18, 2:37 PM
    • 6,654 Posts
    • 11,292 Thanks
    Farway
    Does anyone know how to get onto this? Does it have to be by referral? thanks
    Originally posted by batg
    By invitation from S & S, same as other Shop & Scan stuff

No idea how they figure out who they want, probably representative cross section, mix of old, young, male / female etc
    • Penndragon
    • By Penndragon 30th Apr 18, 4:28 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Penndragon
    Is anyone else hitting an error page when trying to log into their rewards account?

I'm getting this message, 'Unfortunately the system encountered an error and was unable to process your request. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.'
    • bellasis
    • By bellasis 30th Apr 18, 4:36 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    bellasis
    Me too, tried other browsers but fault still there.
    • aife
    • By aife 30th Apr 18, 6:34 PM
    • 196 Posts
    • 168 Thanks
    aife
    I just logged in and cashed in my points , so whatever it was seems to be fixed now
    • Annft
    • By Annft 1st May 18, 7:38 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Annft
    mobile app
    hi wondering if anyone can help. I have recently re-installed my FOTG app on my phone. I am now having problems logging in to it. it keeps saying 'invalid username or password' I know I am putting in the correct details as I have no problems logging in on my laptop. I have email them and asked them for help - but up to now I have not had a response from them. do they normally take their time to reply? if anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful.

many thanks
    • Clutterfree
    • By Clutterfree 2nd May 18, 7:35 AM
    • 3,528 Posts
    • 19,149 Thanks
    Clutterfree
    hi wondering if anyone can help. I have recently re-installed my FOTG app on my phone. I am now having problems logging in to it. it keeps saying 'invalid username or password' I know I am putting in the correct details as I have no problems logging in on my laptop. I have email them and asked them for help - but up to now I have not had a response from them. do they normally take their time to reply? if anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful.

many thanks
    Originally posted by Annft
    Give them a call.
    Whenever I've had problems they've been very helpful over the 'phone.
    Ageing is a privilege not everyone gets
    • akh43
    • By akh43 2nd May 18, 11:08 AM
    • 1,160 Posts
    • 3,094 Thanks
    akh43

many thanks
    Originally posted by Annft
    Your email should give your
    ShopandScan Household Number:
    FOTG SMS Panel Number:
    FOTG App Panel Number:

You only need to put the App Panel Number in the app, no password, it should just let you in with that. I just logged out and logged back in and it worked for me.

This is taken in the download app instructions in my email:
    Once downloaded, sign in using the App Panel Number given at the top of this e-mail. There is no password.
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 2nd May 18, 11:22 PM
    • 1,810 Posts
    • 680 Thanks
    paul2louise
    Anyone had email

We have been trying to contact you as we have not received any barcode transmissions for over a week.

Funny cos I got my email on Monday with my 1100 points for weekly transmission. So what is the problem. Annoying having to search back in my deleted emails to make sure I had done it. How exactly have they been trying to contact me.
    • Farway
    • By Farway 3rd May 18, 2:06 PM
    • 6,654 Posts
    • 11,292 Thanks
    Farway
    Anyone had email

We have been trying to contact you as we have not received any barcode transmissions for over a week.

Funny cos I got my email on Monday with my 1100 points for weekly transmission. So what is the problem. Annoying having to search back in my deleted emails to make sure I had done it. How exactly have they been trying to contact me.
    Originally posted by paul2louise
    When they were trying to contact me it was via robot on the landline phone. Maybe your phone rejects some robotic calls?
    • fifeken
    • By fifeken 5th May 18, 10:28 PM
    • 2,255 Posts
    • 1,166 Thanks
    fifeken
    Anyone had email

Originally posted by paul2louise
    When they were trying to contact me it was via robot on the landline phone. Maybe your phone rejects some robotic calls?
    Originally posted by Farway
    I got a voicemail and email from them for the same reason and I'm up to date with transmissions too.
    • sparkleghost*
    • By sparkleghost* 16th May 18, 5:25 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    sparkleghost*
    Hey guys, wondered if somebody could help me with some tips on Shop and Scan I have been a panel member for a couple of months now and all is going smoothly, and I've been getting my points for transmitting barcodes and uploading my receipts, but I've seen other forumites refer to a food diary here. I'd like to get involved with this but can't see an option when I'm logged into their website. Should I just wait and see if they ask me to participate? Likewise I found an iOS app but I don't have any login details for this - does anybody know what this does? Again should I just wait to see if I am asked to download it and participate?

Finally (sorry for the long post and so many questions!) I have seen a couple of posts about a broadband and TV monitor. What is the best way of registering my interest in this - should I contact the team for the panel I'm already on or register my interest separately via the Volunteer4Panels website??

I figure I'm already on the panel now, so am looking for ways to boost/maximise my points and get the most out of it

Thanks in advance to anybody who can help, any other hints and tips for additional ways to earn points would be much appreciated too!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,647Posts Today

5,377Users online

Martin's Twitter