Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • planteria
    • By planteria 23rd Feb 14, 9:17 AM
    • 5,006Posts
    • 1,112Thanks
    planteria
    Iii
    • 23rd Feb 14, 9:17 AM
    Iii 23rd Feb 14 at 9:17 AM
    i am looking at moving from HL to III with my ISA, and potentially SIPP.

any thoughts re. the following?:

1. Financial Safety: is money safe with them?
    2. Customer Service Levels: do they sort problems efficiently?
    3. Website functionality?
    4. Paper copies of trades and holdings?
    5. Whether you can invest in US shares?

They certainly look competitive, for larger portfolios, as here:

http://langcatfinancial.co.uk/2014/02/strawberry/

are there any real downsides to III?

http://www.iii.co.uk/help
Page 102
    • JasonPr
    • By JasonPr 9th May 18, 10:32 AM
    • 121 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    JasonPr
    I received a reply in the meantime: "As we have been through platform changes during the 2017/2018 period, any dividends you have received in the 2017-18 tax year prior to December 2017 will not appear on your consolidated tax certificate. If you have received dividends this tax year before December 2017 you will also receive a consolidated tax voucher. If you are yet to receive both documents then this will be with you by the end of the week."

I think this is a complete joke. They issue a document which clearly says that it's for the whole tax year. And when queried they'll tell me I will receive a second document. If they'll issue two different documents, they should have clearly stated that when issuing the first. (Or only issue both at the same time). What if I filed my SA based on the document I received...

II continues to be a joke. Despite them offering good prices, I think I've (finally!) had enough. I just don't trust this company.
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 9th May 18, 11:37 AM
    • 25,774 Posts
    • 15,229 Thanks
    xylophone
    II continues to be a joke. Despite them offering good prices, I think I've (finally!) had enough. I just don't trust this company.
    Am I surprised? Six months on and my transfer in specie is still technically not properly complete because they have still not paid (to me or Iweb) the end March dividend (admittedly very small) on the rump of one of my holdings.

Why was there a rump? Because II (or their agents) made an error and transferred a lower number of units than I owned and then had to make arrangements to transfer the balance - the transfer missed the ex div date and you can imagine the rest..

After four letters, an email, three complaints (not to mention Iweb's attempts to deal with this crew - I have a full A3 sheet showing their contacts with full details of "no progress" and actual incorrect information being given), I have had it up to the ears and beyond ....
    • le loup
    • By le loup 9th May 18, 1:53 PM
    • 3,834 Posts
    • 3,804 Thanks
    le loup
    I have had it up to the ears and beyond ....
    Originally posted by xylophone
    Who knew?
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 9th May 18, 2:38 PM
    • 25,774 Posts
    • 15,229 Thanks
    xylophone
    Who knew?
    Indeed.....I should have guessed what was likely to happen....
    • Sean473
    • By Sean473 9th May 18, 5:34 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    Sean473
    After reading all these horror stories, I'm so happy that I transferred out from TD Direct to Fidelity in October 2017... They messed the transfer up, loosing 100 of one of my funds.. I had to call multiple times before they admitted that they screwed up... Got 20 compensation for my troubles... The whole thing took over 6 weeks....What a joke!
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 9th May 18, 5:41 PM
    • 25,774 Posts
    • 15,229 Thanks
    xylophone
    The whole thing took over 6 weeks
    I should have been so lucky!
    • le loup
    • By le loup 9th May 18, 8:24 PM
    • 3,834 Posts
    • 3,804 Thanks
    le loup
    Likewise!
    • Sean473
    • By Sean473 9th May 18, 9:19 PM
    • 82 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    Sean473
    I transferred right after or just before III took over... In a way, I avoid the worst of the rush to transfer out...
    • cloud_dog
    • By cloud_dog 9th May 18, 10:04 PM
    • 3,773 Posts
    • 2,240 Thanks
    cloud_dog
    Not long now. Only 2 or 3 more months and your ongoing mental anguish will be over. Honest
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 9th May 18, 11:04 PM
    • 25,774 Posts
    • 15,229 Thanks
    xylophone
    Oh crumbs - am I going to have trouble with IWEB now?

I was expecting the 27 April dividend on Premier Monthly Income but it is not showing in Dividend History.

However, I now notice that in today's Income History the dividend is shown and immediately after the entry is "dividend reversal"...what on earth is going on now?

Aargh!
    • tg99
    • By tg99 10th May 18, 3:04 PM
    • 663 Posts
    • 259 Thanks
    tg99
    I received a reply in the meantime: "As we have been through platform changes during the 2017/2018 period, any dividends you have received in the 2017-18 tax year prior to December 2017 will not appear on your consolidated tax certificate. If you have received dividends this tax year before December 2017 you will also receive a consolidated tax voucher. If you are yet to receive both documents then this will be with you by the end of the week."

I think this is a complete joke. They issue a document which clearly says that it's for the whole tax year. And when queried they'll tell me I will receive a second document. If they'll issue two different documents, they should have clearly stated that when issuing the first. (Or only issue both at the same time). What if I filed my SA based on the document I received...

Originally posted by JasonPr
    Received mine today. Not done a thorough check as yet but from a quick glance it looks like all my divs from when I was with TD and then post the switch over to II are on here. Is it just the customers who were originally with II (so never customers of TD) getting the two certificates given they were the ones that changed platform (since it was the TD platform that was adopted by II)?
    • frugalmacdugal
    • By frugalmacdugal 11th May 18, 6:05 AM
    • 6,275 Posts
    • 5,386 Thanks
    frugalmacdugal
    Hi,

another message from II last night re: CTC.

All my dividends now showing, including migrated (TD).
    Y'all take care now.
    • koru
    • By koru 12th May 18, 10:53 AM
    • 1,324 Posts
    • 667 Thanks
    koru
    Has anyone who was with II prior to the merger yet seen the Consolidated Tax Voucher they have apparently sent covering pre merger divs (according to the letter of 8 May)? I can find my CTC, but not the CTV.
    koru
    • Chargem
    • By Chargem 12th May 18, 11:41 AM
    • 67 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    Chargem
    Anyone having problems logging in to III today?

100% have my u/n and password correct but it's just telling me it's not correct. Then I click "forgotten password" and it just says they are unable to process my request...

This is after my April regular investment wasn't taken for some reason...
    • zedray
    • By zedray 12th May 18, 12:07 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    zedray
    I've just had the same error. I logged in a couple of hours ago without problem. Now I can't get back in. Today is the first time I've used II's website since New Year. Back then I was getting randomly chucked out, so I find these ongoing issues quite disappointing.
    • aroominyork
    • By aroominyork 12th May 18, 4:09 PM
    • 514 Posts
    • 169 Thanks
    aroominyork
    Without scrolling back 101 pages to see if this issue has been mentioned before... I am transferring from HL to ii. Some of my funds left HL about a month ago and haven't yet appeared on ii. I wrote to ii who told me "We are experiencing delays with our unit trust transfers as we are going through a migration to a new custodian."
    • capital0ne
    • By capital0ne 12th May 18, 5:02 PM
    • 524 Posts
    • 254 Thanks
    capital0ne
    I've just had the same error. I logged in a couple of hours ago without problem. Now I can't get back in. Today is the first time I've used II's website since New Year. Back then I was getting randomly chucked out, so I find these ongoing issues quite disappointing.
    Originally posted by zedray
    Never had a problem with TD or II, what browser and OS are you using, if you don't keep these up to date then you may have problems.
    • le loup
    • By le loup 12th May 18, 5:34 PM
    • 3,834 Posts
    • 3,804 Thanks
    le loup
    Never had a problem with II
    Originally posted by capital0ne
    So you keep saying.
    So presumably the rest of us are idiots who don't know a first class service when we see it.
    I shall return to II immediately - thanks.
    • capital0ne
    • By capital0ne 12th May 18, 5:51 PM
    • 524 Posts
    • 254 Thanks
    capital0ne
    the rest of us are idiots who don't know a first class service when we see it.
    Originally posted by le loup
    Well if you say so, le loup says you're all idiots!

So anyway, zedray, if you let us know the browser and OS you may get some tips on accessing II. Good luck!
    • zedray
    • By zedray 13th May 18, 10:07 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    zedray
    Strange. I don't have a problem with any other banking website (nor with II before their change of website) and yet I'm being asked to believe it's my browser or my laptops that are the problem.

ETA: Anyway, I'm back in this morning.
    Last edited by zedray; 13-05-2018 at 10:09 AM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

71Posts Today

2,409Users online

Martin's Twitter