Low Carb Diets Support Thread

Comments

• Minihauk
    Minihauk Posts: 523 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    pamsdish wrote: »
    Hi, has been quiet, I am still at 10st 7lb, so maintaining quite well, would like to lose an extra 7lb, but not trying too hard.

Well done Pamsdish. Are you still eating lc, or have you reintroduced some carbs? I think I will need to stop eating sugar and carbs totally as I must be addicted - I have no off switch when I start eating them.

I've been lc four days and have lost 4 lbs - I'm sure it is just fluid retention but am thrilled things are moving :D
  • pamsdish
    pamsdish Posts: 2,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I am introducing some carbs, still not eating rice and pasta, never my favourite anyway, seldom have any bread or potatoes still.It`s a life style change for me.
    Do I need it or just want it.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good morning everyone

Well I'm afraid I need a kick up the proverbial. I've fallen off the wagon....:o

In my defence we've been decorating, the paint always triggers my IBS and I've been shattered and had a bad back.......

Anyhoo enough whinging - back on the wagon today.

This week I'm going to reorganise my kitchen and start trying some new recipes. See if I can kickstArt some new good habits.......
  • pamsdish
    I need some new ideas too L/L., did a piece of salmon yesterday with courgetti, growing my own and 2 4" were just enough, made a Kale pesto, kale, parmesan, Olive oil, walnuts, VERY tasty.
    Brought the recipe list forward,,,http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=19266039&postcount=4685
  • Dustyblinds
    Dustyblinds Posts: 244 Forumite
    Minihauk wrote: »
    Well done Pamsdish. Are you still eating lc, or have you reintroduced some carbs? I think I will need to stop eating sugar and carbs totally as I must be addicted - I have no off switch when I start eating them.

I've been lc four days and have lost 4 lbs - I'm sure it is just fluid retention but am thrilled things are moving :D
    I know what you mean, especially with regards to sugar. I'm fine avoiding it, I can be good at times, but some days, the biscuit tin or sweet box come out at work, I'll say go on just the one, I can't just leave it at one though. It's just one after another. So I'm going to ditch the sugar as from Monday.
  • Minihauk
    Minihauk Posts: 523 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Good luck Dustyblinds, you can do it.

I'm doing fine at the moment, but am going out to eat later and unsure of what will be available. Think it will have to be salad. Will let you know how I get on :D
  • pamsdish
    Dusty blinds, take an alternative like a fat bomb, or something you enjoy.
  • Dustyblinds
    pamsdish wrote: »
    Dusty blinds, take an alternative like a fat bomb, or something you enjoy.
    Had to google fat bomb as I confess I didn't know what you meant, I shall be investigating these now as some look delish, going to find some recipes to match ingredients I've already got in the house as I don't want to go out shopping until later in week.
    Thank you for the tip :j
  • Dustyblinds
    So I've did a bit of prepping today for going back to work.
    Tomorrow I'm having a cheese, onion and tomato omelette for breakfast, this keeps me feeling full until about 1 o'clock at least so I tend to have it for breakfast most mornings.
    I've did a cheese salad for lunch and prepped some veg to make a chicken stirfry for tea. Will do one portion of noodles between the 4 of so so there's very few carbs in this. ive also added some cacao to Greek yogurt and added a few strawberries to eat after my salad, so I'm having a little sugar and small amount of carbs but this is better than my old diet so I'm happy with this.
  • pamsdish
    Think it would be nice to post our meals for a while, I do tend to eat one main meal a day, usually mid afternoon, then a snack at 7 pm , I had yesterday, 2 roast chicken thighs, cauli, brocc, and my first picking of this years beans, gravy made with all the fat and juices from chicken, with a tsp of bisto, also a generous dollop of cranberry sauce,
    Later I had some frozen raspberries blitzed with double cream, makes an ice cream consistency.
    I will be having ditto today, as I always plate the same veg for Monday, gravy into a mug, nuke all in microwave, meat left out to come to room temp, just because I do.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure