Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • debpetestep
    • 14th Feb 14, 4:02 PM
    technical fault
    • 14th Feb 14, 4:02 PM
    How do I know if a fault is down to bad weather or due to a technical fault, when a number of flights landed at a particular airport, and yet the Ryanair flight was cancelled apparently due to bad weather.
    Our replacement flight was 36 hours later and we were rerouted to Dublin first and then onto Manchester, both of these flights were delayed, we eventually returned in Manchester over 40 hours late from Pisa
  • Ich
    • 14th Feb 14, 4:07 PM
    • 14th Feb 14, 4:07 PM
    Different aircraft types have differing capabilities certainly in windy conditions! So you need to be comparing like for like (which means model and type as well as make)
    A UK airline used to use De Havilland Dash 8-300s and could land at a higher cross wind than another using the Dash 8-400
    Oh and you should have posted the Ryanair thread
    Last edited by Ich; 14-02-2014 at 4:18 PM.
    • Mark2spark
    • By Mark2spark 14th Feb 14, 10:06 PM
    • 2,285 Posts
    • 877 Thanks
    Mark2spark
    • 14th Feb 14, 10:06 PM
    • 14th Feb 14, 10:06 PM
    How do I know if a fault is down to bad weather or due to a technical fault, when a number of flights landed at a particular airport, and yet the Ryanair flight was cancelled apparently due to bad weather.
    Our replacement flight was 36 hours later and we were rerouted to Dublin first and then onto Manchester, both of these flights were delayed, we eventually returned in Manchester over 40 hours late from Pisa
    Originally posted by debpetestep
    You don't, so you claim against the airline and see what their excuse is.
    You then do your own investigation and see if they are lying, or not, and whether it's worth challenging their explanation via the court system.
    However, with a 36 - 40 delay in arrival, whether it is bad weather, or a technical issue, is of no consequence, as *the second test*, of using 'all reasonable measures', will unlikely to have been satisfied.

This is why it is important to read the Regulations yourself, and understand the implications. All detailed in the FAQ's.

This is a self help forum where you'll probably be pointed in the right direction by a regular, but you won't be spoon fed answer by answer by answer.
    • Mark2spark
    • By Mark2spark 15th Feb 14, 12:13 PM
    • 2,285 Posts
    • 877 Thanks
    Mark2spark
    • 15th Feb 14, 12:13 PM
    • 15th Feb 14, 12:13 PM
    I only answered that as IMO that wasn't a specific airline question, it applies to all of them.

They lie, I mean

And I'm now bumping this thread as the tidy up has tidied up probably the most pertaining thread and hidden it away
    • nickyotron
    • By nickyotron 17th Feb 14, 2:29 PM
    • 376 Posts
    • 592 Thanks
    nickyotron
    • 17th Feb 14, 2:29 PM
    • 17th Feb 14, 2:29 PM
    Thanks for the bump.
    My querie is this. I Dec 2013 mrs an I flew from a UK airport with Emirates to Dubai, to connect to Sydney. The connection was immediate (about 1 hr 15mins).
    On arrival, which was about 20mins late, with no explanation they herded us up, and took all Sydney bound peeps to a desk. ( We expected to be rushed through customs etc to meet connection)

The Emirates desk girl explained were now not going to Sydney, but Perth instead (?) and its leaving in about 9 hours !...
    They told us then to go through customs an wait for a mini bus to take everyone (lots of confused tired people) to a hotel in the desert & come back for the Perth departure. Incidentally no one told us of any delay, or why, or even offered us a drink of water in 42degree heat!
    So, would we be entitled to compensation for this?
    Incidentally we lost 1 night of accommodation in Sydney which i had already paid for
    • 111KAB
    • By 111KAB 19th Feb 14, 10:12 AM
    • 3,640 Posts
    • 1,479 Thanks
    111KAB
    • 19th Feb 14, 10:12 AM
    • 19th Feb 14, 10:12 AM
    Bumping for newbies
  • Skid Marks
    • 21st Feb 14, 9:19 AM
    • 21st Feb 14, 9:19 AM
    Bumping this in order to give Centipede's little legs a rest today.
    • 111KAB
    • By 111KAB 22nd Feb 14, 8:46 AM
    • 3,640 Posts
    • 1,479 Thanks
    111KAB
    • 22nd Feb 14, 8:46 AM
    • 22nd Feb 14, 8:46 AM
    Bumping this in order to give Centipede's little legs a rest today. - Me as well!
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 22nd Feb 14, 7:13 PM
    • 4,729 Posts
    • 2,094 Thanks
    Vauban
    And back again ...
    • J B
    • By J B 23rd Feb 14, 10:44 PM
    • 3,651 Posts
    • 1,423 Thanks
    J B
    Has nobody bumped this today???

Can I claim vouchers for this?
  • sophie5440
    Qantas address
    Hi,

Does any one know the UK address, if their is one for Qantas complaints?
    The only Qantas customer care address I can find is in Australia, which seems a little far to expect a reply within 14 days from the UK! In their conditions of carriage it says the UK agency responsible for enforcing compensation is Passenger Complaints Unit, Civil Aviation Authority. Send to them instead?

Thanks!
    • 111KAB
    • By 111KAB 24th Feb 14, 9:34 AM
    • 3,640 Posts
    • 1,479 Thanks
    111KAB
    In their conditions of carriage it says the UK agency responsible for enforcing compensation is Passenger Complaints Unit, Civil Aviation Authority. Send to them instead?

Thanks!
    Originally posted by sophie5440

Someone else will (hopefully) come along with Qantas address but steer totally clear of these guys - they are on the side of the airlines not the public!
    • CobyBenson
    • By CobyBenson 24th Feb 14, 2:11 PM
    • 188 Posts
    • 136 Thanks
    CobyBenson
    does any one know the uk address, if their is one for qantas complaints?
    Originally posted by sophie5440
    qantas airways limited
    401 king street
    london
    w6 9nj
  • Skid Marks
    Back to the top.
    • razorsedge
    • By razorsedge 27th Feb 14, 10:45 AM
    • 344 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    razorsedge
    I love the dodgems...

Bumping for Newbies
    The above is just my opinon - which counts for nowt! You must make up your own mind.
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 28th Feb 14, 9:22 AM
    • 4,729 Posts
    • 2,094 Thanks
    Vauban
    You want the truth? You can't handle the truth.
  • Skid Marks
    Please read post #1
    • Mark2spark
    • By Mark2spark 17th Mar 14, 10:34 AM
    • 2,285 Posts
    • 877 Thanks
    Mark2spark
    We don't appear to have a Dawson judgement link in the FAQ's Centipede?

http://www.bottonline.co.uk/images/news/Judgment.pdf
    • Mark2spark
    • By Mark2spark 21st Mar 14, 6:39 PM
    • 2,285 Posts
    • 877 Thanks
    Mark2spark
    Dawson link now included in FAQ's. Thread bumped.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,079Posts Today

8,427Users online

Martin's Twitter