Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • becca0417
    • By becca0417 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    • 3,107Posts
    • 14,372Thanks
    becca0417
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28
    • 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28 10th Feb 14 at 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

What's it about?

Back in July 2006 Bailey started this thread to help all pregnant MoneySavers and their partners save on anything pregnancy-related plus give each other moral support. It's been hugely popular and now has a long list of pregnant mothers-to-be.

Now it's not just for those that are pregnant but also those trying to conceive and MoneySavers that have probably already given birth and yet are probably too tired to let everyone know.

What should you do?

As well as being a great source of tips, baby-related bargains spotted, mutual support and help MoneySavers here have also gradually built up a list, adding themselves to one of these categories (the last one, people are moved to for obvious reasons!):

EDD (Estimated due date if you're pregnant)
    TTC (trying to conceive if you're not) we now have 2 seperate threads for people TTC - 'Trying for a Baby' and 'Trying for a baby (12+ M/not straightforward)'
    Birth List
    Probably given birth but too worn out to log on list

If you want to add yourself to the list follow these steps:

Click on the link at the top of this page that says "Last" (it'll take you to the last page of the discussion)
    Scroll down until you find the message with the very latest copy of the list in (if you use one further up the discussion other peoples' changes after that will be lost)
    Copy that (highlight it and click control+c)
    Click reply at the bottom of the thread to open a screen where you can past it (click control+p)
    Add yourself to the list then click save
    And don't feel shy. Introduce yourself, say hello and ask a question if you need to.

Plus, if you're thinking of how to cut down on nappy costs remember to have a read of the Nappy MoneySaving article too and for later down the line if you need childcare first read the Childcare Vouchers article.

Also please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post).

If you're new to the Forum it can look scattergun but read down and remember it's a conversation, starting with first post, scrolling forward for the latest. To reply you'll need to join the Forum but it's free to do.

This is a continuation of this thread which will be closed due to it's length.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 08-09-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14
Page 535
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 2nd Nov 18, 3:11 PM
    • 346 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    Thanks.
    Had baby kicking the wotsits out of me so his movements are fine. But I’m definitely keeping an eye on them.
    I guess if they were very concerned I’d have been staying in hospital or something.
    Think I just freaked out a bit yesterday.
    Thank you for your reassurance.
    I’ve got a feeling he will be early either way
    • Rambosmum
    • By Rambosmum 2nd Nov 18, 3:22 PM
    • 1,941 Posts
    • 2,442 Thanks
    Rambosmum
    Really do try not to worry, easier said than done though! They are monitoring you and you are aware of movements etc. Any issues or worries just call up triage.

I finish work 7 weeks today (not that I'm counting!). So looking forward to it, I'm so tired.
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 2nd Nov 18, 3:26 PM
    • 346 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    I only have three weeks left at work and now I can’t wait to go
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 2nd Nov 18, 9:25 PM
    • 346 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    Is anyone going to take vitamins after giving birth?
    I never took them before I was pregnant.
    I’m only asking as I’ve been taking pregnacare and need one more months worth and wondered whether to get the new mum or breastfeeding ones as they’re all usually on 3 for 2.
    I guess a normal multi vitamin would be just as good.
    • Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 2nd Nov 18, 9:51 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Bosscout
    I'll definitely keep taking vit D. Not sure about anything else yet.
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 4th Nov 18, 7:03 AM
    • 346 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    Hoping you’ve had baby Bosscout. And things are going well.

Hope everyone is ok and having a good weekend.

Pretty sure this baby is snuggling into my bladder like a pillow to get comfy. If I could sit on the loo all day I think I would.
    • selement
    • By selement 4th Nov 18, 9:45 AM
    • 504 Posts
    • 1,934 Thanks
    selement
    Had a little bought of regular quite long slightly painful Braxton hicks last 2 evenings so wonder if baby will be making an appearance soon...
    Trying to lose weight (13.5lb to go)
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 4th Nov 18, 9:50 AM
    • 346 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    You can’t have much longer left now do you selement?
    • selement
    • By selement 4th Nov 18, 7:11 PM
    • 504 Posts
    • 1,934 Thanks
    selement
    I'm 39+2 so could still be a couple of weeks
    • Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 4th Nov 18, 7:55 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Bosscout
    Still no baby!! 41+3 today, and they'd booked me in for induction (despite me telling them I didn't want it!) so I called this morning and spoke to the ward, saying I still didn't want it, and didn't want to waste everyone's time. They were very understanding, and told me to go to triage for a check and to speak to a doctor. So I went in this morning. Agreed to daily monitoring, and if he isn't here by Wednesday (41+6) that I will go for induction.

I feel it's a good balance between giving my baby a decent chance of arriving without any medical interference and not pushing the risk factors up too high. So I'm happy. And hopefully he'll come before Weds!
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 4th Nov 18, 8:01 PM
    • 346 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    He’s determined to stay. Maybe get some fireworks tomorrow and see if that makes him jump and gets things kick started.
    Hope he’s comes before weds for you x
    • Rambosmum
    • By Rambosmum 5th Nov 18, 7:49 AM
    • 1,941 Posts
    • 2,442 Thanks
    Rambosmum
    Is anyone going to take vitamins after giving birth?

I guess a normal multi vitamin would be just as good.
    Originally posted by Munchkin84
    This is money saving expert after all but if you actually look at the make up of any of the vitabiotic packs, they are all much of a muchness, so I get the cheapest. I wouldn't worry about pregnancy vs breastfeeding. I take the heair skin and nails one, they are almost identical in make up to pregnacare but a third of the price.

After last time I didn't, but should have done. Vit D, C, folic acid and a B12 supplement I think would have helped. I was drained.

I'm glad they are being supportive Bosscout and you have a compromise you feel happy about. Get encouraging that baby out!
    • selement
    • By selement 7th Nov 18, 12:20 PM
    • 504 Posts
    • 1,934 Thanks
    selement
    Last night I had painful tightenings lasting over a minute with about a 2 and half minute gap for about 4 hours... was hoping it was contractions but no luck as they slowed down and eventually stopped. I even rang birth centre but they said paracetamol and a bath and they were right in the end. Would really like baby to hurry up now but could still be a couple of weeks due date friday!
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 7th Nov 18, 1:45 PM
    • 263 Posts
    • 560 Thanks
    NelliePie
    Bosscout and Selement - good luck for when they do make an appearance!

With regards to multivitamins, I bought some at the start of the pregnancy which were on offer so got quite a few, but at the 12 and 20 week scan I got some free ones from the hospital so have been using those. My plan was to keep going with whatever I have until they run out and then see what my doctor/health visitor suggests. With no real medical issues and a pretty healthy diet I don't want to be paying for things I don't need; but also wouldn't skimp if they're necessary.

We went to our first antenatal class last night. This was NCT but we also have some NHS ones booked too. I have to say we found it really useful - it was reassuring to know that although we learned a lot, we also knew a lot of what was discussed (it was only the first intro session) which makes me think we're pretty well prepared. Also it was nice to talk with other local parents who are at the same stage as us so sort of like talking to you lovely ladies but in person.

Hope everyone is well
    Little One's due date 18/12/18
    5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
    FTB June '17 - 144k motrgage
    • Rambosmum
    • By Rambosmum 8th Nov 18, 8:41 AM
    • 1,941 Posts
    • 2,442 Thanks
    Rambosmum
    Sounds promising Selement. I was like that for about a week before DS made an appearance.

How you doing Bosscout?
    • Toots14
    • By Toots14 8th Nov 18, 4:29 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 455 Thanks
    Toots14
    I'm still lurking...

Good luck to everyone due in the next wee while!

Fraser came home today after 2 months exactly in Special Care. He is now 7lbs 10oz. It's been a long time coming. My due date was 23rd November so he made it home before he was even due to arrive.
    • HopHop
    • By HopHop 8th Nov 18, 8:25 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    HopHop
    So glad to hear that Toots! Enjoy your time at home with him
    • Rambosmum
    • By Rambosmum 9th Nov 18, 9:32 AM
    • 1,941 Posts
    • 2,442 Thanks
    Rambosmum
    Fab news toots!
    • Beckyy
    • By Beckyy 10th Nov 18, 9:35 PM
    • 2,760 Posts
    • 4,180 Thanks
    Beckyy
    I would go for a good multivitamin, or NHS healthy start vitamins (about 1). Pregnacare etc. are so expensive in comparison.
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 11th Nov 18, 12:45 PM
    • 346 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.
    This baby is going crazy today. Very wiggly.
    I keep seeing people on a “babies due in December” Facebook group that have given birth already and it’s freaking me out.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,567Posts Today

4,949Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin