Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • becca0417
    • By becca0417 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    • 3,107Posts
    • 14,372Thanks
    becca0417
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28
    • 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28 10th Feb 14 at 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

What's it about?

Back in July 2006 Bailey started this thread to help all pregnant MoneySavers and their partners save on anything pregnancy-related plus give each other moral support. It's been hugely popular and now has a long list of pregnant mothers-to-be.

Now it's not just for those that are pregnant but also those trying to conceive and MoneySavers that have probably already given birth and yet are probably too tired to let everyone know.

What should you do?

As well as being a great source of tips, baby-related bargains spotted, mutual support and help MoneySavers here have also gradually built up a list, adding themselves to one of these categories (the last one, people are moved to for obvious reasons!):

EDD (Estimated due date if you're pregnant)
    TTC (trying to conceive if you're not) we now have 2 seperate threads for people TTC - 'Trying for a Baby' and 'Trying for a baby (12+ M/not straightforward)'
    Birth List
    Probably given birth but too worn out to log on list

If you want to add yourself to the list follow these steps:

Click on the link at the top of this page that says "Last" (it'll take you to the last page of the discussion)
    Scroll down until you find the message with the very latest copy of the list in (if you use one further up the discussion other peoples' changes after that will be lost)
    Copy that (highlight it and click control+c)
    Click reply at the bottom of the thread to open a screen where you can past it (click control+p)
    Add yourself to the list then click save
    And don't feel shy. Introduce yourself, say hello and ask a question if you need to.

Plus, if you're thinking of how to cut down on nappy costs remember to have a read of the Nappy MoneySaving article too and for later down the line if you need childcare first read the Childcare Vouchers article.

Also please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post).

If you're new to the Forum it can look scattergun but read down and remember it's a conversation, starting with first post, scrolling forward for the latest. To reply you'll need to join the Forum but it's free to do.

This is a continuation of this thread which will be closed due to it's length.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 08-09-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14
Page 531
    • Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 5th Sep 18, 7:43 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Bosscout
    How are things, Toots? Thinking of you. xx
    • Toots14
    • By Toots14 5th Sep 18, 9:13 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 455 Thanks
    Toots14
    Baby still hanging in there. I'm 27w 5d today. I'm back in hospital though with severe anaemia so had 2 blood transfusions last night to get levels up. I have another scan on Friday for growth and fluid but next milestone to reach is 32 weeks!
    • Toots14
    • By Toots14 5th Sep 18, 9:14 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 455 Thanks
    Toots14
    sorry should say 28w 5d!
    • afoolandhermoney
    • By afoolandhermoney 6th Sep 18, 8:27 AM
    • 231 Posts
    • 316 Thanks
    afoolandhermoney
    Toots - hope the transfusions have helped and that the scan goes well tomorrow.

36w exactly today and my last day in work; I was really looking forward to some rest but first I've the dreaded glucose tolerance test in the morning as baby has jumped from the 50th centile a month ago to the 95th yesterday, lots of scary sounding talk of early induction if it does turn out to be diabetes (though fluid levels are normal so hopefully all is OK).

Was nice to see baby again yesterday though (could even make out the hair on his/her head) can't wait to meet the (not so) little bundle, but would like it to hang in there another week at least
    • Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 8th Sep 18, 11:17 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Bosscout
    Hope your GTT went okay, Afoolandhermoney!

Best of luck, Toots. Rooting for you and baby

My little guy is going mad tonight - went out for afternoon tea with some friends, then went for a walk, then to the pub...now home and he's having a disco in there I think!

Also, having worked 11 hours on my feet yesterday (on my day off!!!!) I think I can no longer deny I've got SPD... Seeing my MW on Thurs, so will have a chat.
    • Toots14
    • By Toots14 9th Sep 18, 7:52 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 455 Thanks
    Toots14
    Just a quick update...

Baby came yesterday at 29w 1d. He's perfect and doing really well in SCBU. He is breathing on his own and the doctors are really pleased with him so far. He weighed 2lbs 15oz.

As for the labour I came into hospital at 3pm and he had popped out by 4.34pm. Offt. No time for any pain relief.
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 12th Sep 18, 10:17 AM
    • 263 Posts
    • 559 Thanks
    NelliePie
    Hi all,
    May I join you? I'm 26+1 with our first and due 18th December.

Toots congratulations on your (very) little boy. Sound's like he's doing great so I hope he keeps it up!
    Little One's due date 18/12/18
    5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
    FTB June '17 - 144k motrgage
    • afoolandhermoney
    • By afoolandhermoney 13th Sep 18, 12:07 AM
    • 231 Posts
    • 316 Thanks
    afoolandhermoney
    Hi Nellie, great to have you join us.
    Toots - hope little man continues to do well and is soon home with you.
    I “failed” the glucose tolerance test, so at 37 weeks I’m now seeing the diabetic consultant - although theres not a lot they can do now except monitor my blood sugar and hope that some tweaks to my diet help keep it under control and monitor baby’s growth. Hoping to keep baby “in” til it’s ready to come out but may need to be induced a bit early (at least we’re now at the stage where that’s no longer a worry for baby - just panicking me that we’re still not ready!!)
    • HopHop
    • By HopHop 13th Sep 18, 7:16 PM
    • 59 Posts
    • 65 Thanks
    HopHop
    Huge congratulations Toots, hope your wee man continues to get stronger.
    • Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 13th Sep 18, 11:28 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Bosscout
    Congratulations, Toots! Hope your little guy is doing well and will soon be home with you.

Afoolandhermoney - argh, sorry about the GD, but glad you don't have long to go.

Welcome, Nellie!

Still cooking little Sproglet here. 34wks today, and he's a right little wriggler still. Been in 3 times now for reduced movements, as he's usually so busy it really stands out when he has a quiet day!
    • selement
    • By selement 14th Sep 18, 6:44 PM
    • 502 Posts
    • 1,931 Thanks
    selement
    Haven't really been posting in this one yet even though I'm 32 weeks.... how are we all?
    Trying to lose weight (13.5lb to go)
    • Toots14
    • By Toots14 14th Sep 18, 9:26 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 455 Thanks
    Toots14
    Thanks everyone for your well wishes.

Wee man is doing great. He is off all his breathing tubes and now finished his antibiotics. He has a wee bit of jaundice so getting his sun tan on under the lights every day. The doctors are so pleased with his progress. I've had a wee cuddle with him. It was the best. We've to aim for due date for getting him home so roll on 23rd November and anything before is a bonus
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 15th Sep 18, 5:24 AM
    • 344 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    I’m 25+1 now so can move up to here.
    Congratulations Toots.
    Hope everyone is well.
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 25th Sep 18, 11:24 AM
    • 263 Posts
    • 559 Thanks
    NelliePie
    Hi All,
    I've just had my 28 week appointment. Baby is doing great. I'm a bit anemic so have an iron prescription to be collected tomorrow. The midwife measured my bump for the first time and I'm measuring bang on 28 cm so on target! I'm really happy with that as I thought I'd have put on a fair amount of weight as my appetite has been insatiable.

I hope you're all doing well.
    5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
    • Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 25th Sep 18, 9:26 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Bosscout
    Glad everyone is doing well.

1 month to go for us.... cannot wait to finish work at the end of next week, my hips are killing me. Got properly stuck in the bath last night too!! Had to be rescued by my OH (Who described it as 'like landing a whale'...)
    • selement
    • By selement 26th Sep 18, 7:40 AM
    • 502 Posts
    • 1,931 Thanks
    selement
    I'm getting back ache but otherwise not too bad. Had a bad night sleep last night - looking forward to finishing work and having lie ins for a short time before baby arrives. Only got a week and a half left of work and baby not due till November so hopefully will get a few weeks of rest. I think lack of sleep is the thing I worry about most with having a baby but everyone says you just learn to adjust to less sleep eventually. I will miss it.
    Trying to lose weight (13.5lb to go)
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 27th Sep 18, 3:20 PM
    • 263 Posts
    • 559 Thanks
    NelliePie
    Selement I agree - I'm struggling a bit with lack of sleep now (getting up to pee 2-4 times per night and hip aches). If the opportunity presents, I can nap anywhere and at any point. I do worry about lack of sleep when the baby arrives but I'm lucky in that my DH will be off with me for a month so we can try to share it out a bit. I'll be breast feeding hopefully, but plan on getting a pump so he can take some feeds too. We're not the first and plenty of other people have done it so that has to give us some hope!

We've planned a mini-baby-moon weekend break this weekend to a cottage in the Yorkshire Dales. Our plan is to sleep, go for walks and eat lots of good grub. Hopefully I'll be able to get a few more hours than normal.

Hope you get some lie-ins when your work finishes! Make the most of them
    5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
    • Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 27th Sep 18, 9:18 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Bosscout
    NelliePie - I definitely want to breastfeed, but know it won't be easy at first! And once Sproglet gets to a couple of months old and we can hopefully avoid nipple confusion I'd love to express and let my OH feed too!

Have a great baby-moon. We went to Snowdonia for a long weekend a couple of weeks ago!

Had antenatal class this morning, and it's made me want to go back to fight for birthing in a Midwife-led-unit... argh! I was sort of at peace with being told to go to low-risk labour ward, but it fired me back up again (and was by the hospital trust's own midwife - so not like some outside organisation!!)

36 weeks today...one more week until he's officially term!
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 28th Sep 18, 8:02 AM
    • 344 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    27 weeks today. Getting tired at work now.
    Baby is very wiggly most days.
    Got GTT and antenatal class Tuesday then my first growth scan Thursday.
    Nervous about all of it to be honest.
    Hope everyone else is ok.
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 28th Sep 18, 11:20 AM
    • 263 Posts
    • 559 Thanks
    NelliePie
    Bosscout, I'm hoping that breastfeeding should go ok with the amount my nipples have been leaking!(started at 19 weeks)

Munchkin, good luck with the test and scan, try to relax.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    5/5/18 I became Mrs Pie
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,021Posts Today

8,373Users online

Martin's Twitter