Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • becca0417
    • By becca0417 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    • 3,107Posts
    • 14,372Thanks
    becca0417
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28
    • 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28 10th Feb 14 at 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

What's it about?

Back in July 2006 Bailey started this thread to help all pregnant MoneySavers and their partners save on anything pregnancy-related plus give each other moral support. It's been hugely popular and now has a long list of pregnant mothers-to-be.

Now it's not just for those that are pregnant but also those trying to conceive and MoneySavers that have probably already given birth and yet are probably too tired to let everyone know.

What should you do?

As well as being a great source of tips, baby-related bargains spotted, mutual support and help MoneySavers here have also gradually built up a list, adding themselves to one of these categories (the last one, people are moved to for obvious reasons!):

EDD (Estimated due date if you're pregnant)
    TTC (trying to conceive if you're not) we now have 2 seperate threads for people TTC - 'Trying for a Baby' and 'Trying for a baby (12+ M/not straightforward)'
    Birth List
    Probably given birth but too worn out to log on list

If you want to add yourself to the list follow these steps:

Click on the link at the top of this page that says "Last" (it'll take you to the last page of the discussion)
    Scroll down until you find the message with the very latest copy of the list in (if you use one further up the discussion other peoples' changes after that will be lost)
    Copy that (highlight it and click control+c)
    Click reply at the bottom of the thread to open a screen where you can past it (click control+p)
    Add yourself to the list then click save
    And don't feel shy. Introduce yourself, say hello and ask a question if you need to.

Plus, if you're thinking of how to cut down on nappy costs remember to have a read of the Nappy MoneySaving article too and for later down the line if you need childcare first read the Childcare Vouchers article.

Also please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post).

If you're new to the Forum it can look scattergun but read down and remember it's a conversation, starting with first post, scrolling forward for the latest. To reply you'll need to join the Forum but it's free to do.

This is a continuation of this thread which will be closed due to it's length.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 08-09-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14
Page 527
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 29th Mar 18, 6:05 AM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    That sounds incredibly stressful Freddie and also sue! Kirsty I completely agree, best not to miss critical moments down to stress! My son Lucas was born yesterday weighing 8lbs 10oz. He's such a cutie. I too have started breastfeeding, just hope he doesn't lose too much weight.
    • FreddieFrugal
    • By FreddieFrugal 29th Mar 18, 6:33 AM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 1,802 Thanks
    FreddieFrugal
    Congratulations sweetilemon!
    Mortgage remaining: 42,260 of 77,000 (2.59% til 03/18 - 2.09% til 03/23)

Savings target June 18 - 22,281.99 / 25,000
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 29th Mar 18, 2:50 PM
    • 1,365 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    lauradora
    Congrats Sweetie.....I do mean that but I am very jealous...ready for this little ones exit now

Still in debt but happy
    DFW nerd no 844

• Cherry Gale
    • By Cherry Gale 29th Mar 18, 7:58 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 601 Thanks
    Cherry Gale
    Congratulations sweetilemon, we welcomed our little one, Isaac, yesterday too! Emergency section due to distress, he has been in NICU, but improving now and hope to bring him home soon.
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 30th Mar 18, 12:56 AM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Congratulations sweetilemon, we welcomed our little one, Isaac, yesterday too! Emergency section due to distress, he has been in NICU, but improving now and hope to bring him home soon.
    Originally posted by Cherry Gale
    Congratulations! Welcome to the world baby Issac! Glad to hear he is improving, what weight was he? I was an elective c-section so still in hospItal too, hope to get out Friday.
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 30th Mar 18, 5:00 PM
    • 3,425 Posts
    • 15,040 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Congrats on the arrival of Lucas Sweet, and Isaac Cherry - lovely names! Hope you are all out of hospital soon and enjoying the little ones
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: 0/31010.23 (100% paid)
    Mortgage - 158.500.00 (2017/2018 O/P 3491.79) PAYDBX 17 - 18,442.82
    PAYDBX 18 #006 3850.92/4000
    • FreddieFrugal
    • By FreddieFrugal 31st Mar 18, 10:40 AM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 1,802 Thanks
    FreddieFrugal
    Congratulations Cherry Gale too!

OH isnt well today. She woke up at midnight and has been vomiting regularly since then.

Feel like it was something she ate but can't think what it was as all three of us had the same food yesterday.

No temperature, so hopefully it's nothing too serious. Just need rest and to keep having regular sips of water

• mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 2nd Apr 18, 4:38 PM
    • 1,525 Posts
    • 7,138 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Congratulations ladies!! enjoy your baby moon!

I'm doing ''ok'' hip and pelvis still crunchy but I've worked out where my driving/walking limits are and have managed to ease some of the pain over the Easter break.

I have my GTT booked in this week the joys of parents with diabetes.... I don't bleed easily and it usually ends up with me feeling and looking like a pin cushion before going woozy and flaking!

I did pick up some bits in the Sainsbury's 25% off sale... maybe worth a look if you are still after some clothing bits/sleeping bags
    Living in a superhero induced haze
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 3rd Apr 18, 1:56 PM
    • 1,365 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    lauradora
    39+1

Still no baby

Still in debt but happy
    DFW nerd no 844

• sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 3rd Apr 18, 5:36 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    39+1

Still no baby
    Originally posted by lauradora
    Lol you could have a couple of week's left hun, hate to break it! Unless your getting started! I was elective section at 39+3 and last time an induction at 40+4...no sign of natural delivery! Who knows when they would have arrived! Will they induce you? Have you had a sweep?
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 3rd Apr 18, 5:40 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Congratulations Cherry Gale too!

OH isnt well today. She woke up at midnight and has been vomiting regularly since then.

Feel like it was something she ate but can't think what it was as all three of us had the same food yesterday.

No temperature, so hopefully it's nothing too serious. Just need rest and to keep having regular sips of water
    Originally posted by FreddieFrugal
    Hope OH is feeling better. Illness and pregnancy is tough because there is so little your allowed to take apart from paracetamol. Plus pelvic floor doesn't always play nice!
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 3rd Apr 18, 5:46 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Congratulations ladies!! enjoy your baby moon!

I'm doing ''ok'' hip and pelvis still crunchy but I've worked out where my driving/walking limits are and have managed to ease some of the pain over the Easter break.

I have my GTT booked in this week the joys of parents with diabetes.... I don't bleed easily and it usually ends up with me feeling and looking like a pin cushion before going woozy and flaking!

I did pick up some bits in the Sainsbury's 25% off sale... maybe worth a look if you are still after some clothing bits/sleeping bags
    Originally posted by mary hinge
    Hope your GTT goes well! Enjoy the easter break, hope it helps you recover. Xx
    • FreddieFrugal
    • By FreddieFrugal 4th Apr 18, 11:12 AM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 1,802 Thanks
    FreddieFrugal
    OH is feeling better and eating normally again.

Still feeling a bit tired and drained from it though. She recovered quite quickly and didn't get a temperature or anything so hopefully it won't have had any affect on the baby.

Didn't help that yesterday I also woke up feeling really ill. It's a shame as we missed the last couple of days of our holiday really due to sickness. We'd already missed one day due to awful weather. So we only had 3 out of the 6 days to do stuff.

Was still a nice break away though. Is 18 months now and he seems to have developed so much just in the last week. His understanding when you talk to him is amazing. Yesterday he kept coming to see me (as I was bedridden) and looked concerned and stroked my arm.

Today he was helping me unpack the shopping and passing me things to put in the fridge.

He's just great.

We're still not sure about names for number 2. It's really tricky.

• mary hinge
    • By mary hinge 6th Apr 18, 3:42 PM
    • 1,525 Posts
    • 7,138 Thanks
    mary hinge
    Hope your GTT goes well! Enjoy the easter break, hope it helps you recover. Xx
    Originally posted by sweetilemon
    Thanks Sweet, GTT was vile, they really struggle to get my blood and I resemble a pin cushion with no less then 9 puncture wounds and all are fifty shades of purple/blue/black The drink was ok although I preferred the old days of lucozade. It left me feeling really light headed and I had to lie down for the last hour before round 2 of bloods.

How are getting on? Enjoying your baby moon I hope?!
    Living in a superhero induced haze
    "You did good Kidda!"
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 7th Apr 18, 3:20 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 1,553 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Sorry been a bit AWOL. Congratulations to all the new mums

I had the GTT for the same reason as you Mary, what a faff. Luckily I'm easy to take blood from and I used to donate, just takes time, more time out of work and I felt crappy for no breakfast and the kerfuffle of getting to hospital. My result was really good though, I have a type 2 parent rather than having any more individual risk factors.

I am at the point now where baby is squishing me so much that I've developed a UTI because I can't go to the loo properly, and I'm constipated, and everything gives me horrendous heartburn so I'm sick if I eat more than a toddler portion. Resulting in pregsomnia. This is a bad combination of things with PGP and SPD restricting my movement (try getting to the loo quickly!) - and now my husband has been deployed for a month. Trying to occupy myself with lots of 'sitting on my ball' jobs in the house.

Despite not being allowed use of my own vital organs anymore, I am now measuring small (fundal height wise) and am going for a growth scan We don't have small, or even average size, babies in our families. So now I'm worried for baby, even though they are *very* active and heartbeat has always been very good. I've not gained any weight for 8 weeks and I don't think my bump is any bigger In fact I was waiting to see the midwife and a new mum in the waiting room that I had got chatting to commented on how tiny I was for my dates! Freddie, I think you said Mrs Freddie has extra growth scans? I guess they are planned for you but do they just take the set of measurements they take at the 20 week scan again? Our 20 week results were indicating a bigger than average baby, so a bit of a turnaround!

Can't believe I've got another 7-12 weeks of this to go...
    • FreddieFrugal
    • By FreddieFrugal 7th Apr 18, 6:39 PM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 1,802 Thanks
    FreddieFrugal
    First growth scan is a week tomorrow. They measure the head, abdomen and thigh bone.

The letter said that they are 20 minute appointments.

That sounds rotten Lavendar, hope you regain the use of your organs soon!

• LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 7th Apr 18, 9:36 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 1,553 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    To me he/she feels huge, maybe it's just the shape of my uterus or my previous 6 pack abs (*remembers them wistfully*) holding everything in and giving me funny numbers? At my 20 week scan one of the head measurements was 95th percentile. Abdomen was above average and thigh was a smidge above average. Estimated weight was an extra 15% above average. Can't believe I'm being scanned to check for a small baby 10 weeks later. If they are small they're bleedin' strong...
    • Cherry Gale
    • By Cherry Gale 9th Apr 18, 12:41 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 601 Thanks
    Cherry Gale
    Congratulations! Welcome to the world baby Issac! Glad to hear he is improving, what weight was he? I was an elective c-section so still in hospItal too, hope to get out Friday.
    Originally posted by sweetilemon
    Sorry, I've been offline a bit! We came home at 5 days old, and have now been learning the ropes for the last week. Little one was 3.4kg/7lb6oz, at 41 weeks.

Hope you got hone as planned on Friday sweetilemon, and I hope the rest of you still pregnant are getting some relief from your symptoms. I had growth scans, try not to worry about them if you can, 9 times out of 10 they will just be a precaution. I think they are a little more accurate than fundal height, but they can still be out.
    • FreddieFrugal
    • By FreddieFrugal 14th Apr 18, 6:56 AM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 1,802 Thanks
    FreddieFrugal
    Hope you're all well!

Not really had much to post

Growth scan on Sunday which will be interesting as we've not had a scan past 20 weeks before.

Teletubbies Live this morning at the theatre ... That'll be a first as well

• FreddieFrugal
    • By FreddieFrugal 15th Apr 18, 7:09 PM
    • 1,696 Posts
    • 1,802 Thanks
    FreddieFrugal
    Baby measuring in normal range. Somewhere between 25th and 50th centile. Which is where our first boy has been on the charts.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,689Posts Today

8,194Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ta ta... for now. This August, as I try and do every few yrs, I'm lucky enough to be taking a sabbatical. No work,? https://t.co/Xx4R3eLhFG

• RT @lethalbrignull: @MartinSLewis I've been sitting here for a good while trying to decide my answer to this, feeling grateful for living i?

• Early days but currently it's exactly 50 50 in liberality v democracy, with younger people more liberal, older more? https://t.co/YwJr4izuIj

• Follow Martin