Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • becca0417
    • By becca0417 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    • 3,107Posts
    • 14,372Thanks
    becca0417
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28
    • 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28 10th Feb 14 at 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

What's it about?

Back in July 2006 Bailey started this thread to help all pregnant MoneySavers and their partners save on anything pregnancy-related plus give each other moral support. It's been hugely popular and now has a long list of pregnant mothers-to-be.

Now it's not just for those that are pregnant but also those trying to conceive and MoneySavers that have probably already given birth and yet are probably too tired to let everyone know.

What should you do?

As well as being a great source of tips, baby-related bargains spotted, mutual support and help MoneySavers here have also gradually built up a list, adding themselves to one of these categories (the last one, people are moved to for obvious reasons!):

EDD (Estimated due date if you're pregnant)
    TTC (trying to conceive if you're not) we now have 2 seperate threads for people TTC - 'Trying for a Baby' and 'Trying for a baby (12+ M/not straightforward)'
    Birth List
    Probably given birth but too worn out to log on list

If you want to add yourself to the list follow these steps:

Click on the link at the top of this page that says "Last" (it'll take you to the last page of the discussion)
    Scroll down until you find the message with the very latest copy of the list in (if you use one further up the discussion other peoples' changes after that will be lost)
    Copy that (highlight it and click control+c)
    Click reply at the bottom of the thread to open a screen where you can past it (click control+p)
    Add yourself to the list then click save
    And don't feel shy. Introduce yourself, say hello and ask a question if you need to.

Plus, if you're thinking of how to cut down on nappy costs remember to have a read of the Nappy MoneySaving article too and for later down the line if you need childcare first read the Childcare Vouchers article.

Also please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post).

If you're new to the Forum it can look scattergun but read down and remember it's a conversation, starting with first post, scrolling forward for the latest. To reply you'll need to join the Forum but it's free to do.

This is a continuation of this thread which will be closed due to it's length.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 08-09-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14
Page 524
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 8th Mar 18, 9:51 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 1,230 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    This is the last thing I'll say about donuts:

Laura - some of the supermarket 'bakery' ones are/used to be vegan. The ingredients aren't necessarily on the packet but it's worth asking the staff if you're desperate (I was going to say "in a jam" ). Things may have changed since my vegan days though!

Sorry others - I have my glucose test shortly and I am really worried. I used to not eat ANY sugar, and I mean ANY, then I had an acceptable amount and was easily burning it off, but I have consumed so much with this pregnancy that I'm convinced I've done damage (but I still go to the bakery section!).
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 8th Mar 18, 9:57 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 14,975 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    I agree sweet, although I'm not a donut fan so doesn't bother me too much. Hope your CTG goes well tomorrow.

I wouldn't worry Lavender, it's all to do with your hormones and placenta, makes no difference how much suger you have or haven't eaten

Hope you feel better soon Laura
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: 0/31010.23 (100% paid)
    Mortgage - 158.500.00 (2017/2018 O/P 3491.79) PAYDBX 17 - 18,442.82
    PAYDBX 18 #006 3850.92/4000
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 9th Mar 18, 7:45 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    CTG was fine, got another couple booked for tomorrow. Getting my hair done next Thursday, I can't wait! It's sooo badly needing done but I wanted it nice for close to my due date!

Doughnuts, hmm. ....I would swap for ice cream!! Although wouldn't say no to a krispy Kreme lol but an apple put my sugars up today so I better wait haha! Got the health visitor on Monday. I don't think people believe me when I say I'm actually pretty busy on maternity and don't really have time to meet up for lunches!
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 9th Mar 18, 7:54 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 14,975 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    I agree Sweet, I'm sure I'm busier now than I was before I went on maternity!

I went for my consultant appt this morning and she checked by cervix, which by some miracle is completely thinned and already 2cm dilated! She did a sweep in the hope that things will get going over the weekend naturally but if not I'm now booked for induction early next week
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: 0/31010.23 (100% paid)
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 9th Mar 18, 7:57 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Wow that's amazing!! How many weeks are you? 2cm is enough to break your waters in an induction so hopefully you either start on your own or a tablet or 2 will get things moving. I've still got 3 weeks left.
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 9th Mar 18, 8:20 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 14,975 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    I'm 37+1 today so will be 37+4/5. He is measuring quite large and I'm having massive ups and weirdly downs with my sugars so the consultant thinks as my body is already preparing for labour, it makes sense just to try and encourage him out
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 9th Mar 18, 8:27 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Eeek good luck! ! Are you feeling anything from your sweep?
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 9th Mar 18, 8:36 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 14,975 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Not at the moment, I had awful backache and period pains for about 4/5 hours but it's gone now, frustratingly!
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 9th Mar 18, 8:49 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Get bouncing on that ball and climbing stairs lol I valeted my car at 40 weeks after my first sweep last time but didn't get very far lol
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 12th Mar 18, 8:13 PM
    • 1,365 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    lauradora
    Heeeey kirtsy thats great news!!

Still in debt but happy
    DFW nerd no 844

• sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 12th Mar 18, 8:28 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    How's things Kirsty? Any progress?
    • Cherry Gale
    • By Cherry Gale 12th Mar 18, 9:02 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 601 Thanks
    Cherry Gale
    Excited for you kirstypoos. Hope all goes quickly and well.
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 14th Mar 18, 9:06 AM
    • 1,365 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    lauradora
    Morning everyone, ope you are all well

Im off for a waddle round ikea this aft to try and get rid of this hip pain

Still in debt but happy
    DFW nerd no 844

• sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 14th Mar 18, 8:05 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    How was IKEA Laura? Did you get anything nice? I wrote a big long message earlier then it disappeared before I could send, grrr.

Let's hope no news is good news from Kirsty, can't wait to hear from her. How's everyone else doing?

I have a CTG tomorrow morning and find out my results - hospital think I might have a UTI so I'll get antibiotics if I do. Then going to get my hair done! Can't wait to get rid of these greys, hopefully get a nice bump selfie tomorrow! I feel massive hehe, love this little wriggler. Spent the day ironing baby clothes.
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 16th Mar 18, 9:49 AM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 14,975 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Hi ladies!

Just a quick update from me as I'm not really with it to be honest!

My beautiful, perfect little man arrived on Tuesday at 10AM after a bit of a struggle and some complications. I won't dwell because in all honesty, it doesn't matter now that he is here - worth every single second of pain and worry and then some

I cannot stop watching him and cuddling him. I came home at 9PM on Weds night and sleep has been rare but again, who cares

Hope you are all well! xx
    • Cherry Gale
    • By Cherry Gale 16th Mar 18, 3:54 PM
    • 412 Posts
    • 601 Thanks
    Cherry Gale
    Congratulations Kirtsypoos! Hope you are enjoying getting to know each other.
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 16th Mar 18, 8:55 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Hi ladies!

Just a quick update from me as I'm not really with it to be honest!

My beautiful, perfect little man arrived on Tuesday at 10AM after a bit of a struggle and some complications. I won't dwell because in all honesty, it doesn't matter now that he is here - worth every single second of pain and worry and then some

I cannot stop watching him and cuddling him. I came home at 9PM on Weds night and sleep has been rare but again, who cares

Hope you are all well! xx
    Originally posted by kirtsypoos
    Woohoo!!! Congratulations Kirsty!!! So glad he's OK now, hope your both recovering well. Can't wait to hear more in time...weight? Name?
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 16th Mar 18, 9:17 PM
    • 1,365 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    lauradora
    Congratulations Kirtsy, glad to hear you are both well xxx

Still in debt but happy
    DFW nerd no 844

• kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 18th Mar 18, 7:43 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 14,975 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Woohoo!!! Congratulations Kirsty!!! So glad he's OK now, hope your both recovering well. Can't wait to hear more in time...weight? Name?
    Originally posted by sweetilemon
    He's amazing and I am recovering well too

His name is Noah and he was 6lb 12ozs. Have been back to the hospital today for a blood test as he is quite jaundiced - under the level for hospitalisation so extra feeds and more time in the bouncer in front of the window needed xx
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 18th Mar 18, 8:19 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    He's amazing and I am recovering well too

His name is Noah and he was 6lb 12ozs. Have been back to the hospital today for a blood test as he is quite jaundiced - under the level for hospitalisation so extra feeds and more time in the bouncer in front of the window needed xx
    Originally posted by kirtsypoos
    It's quite common although highly stressful! Window and feeds help but I was also told to do kangaroo care, basically as close to 24hr skin to skin as you and your partner can physically do. By the next day with lots of expressing and feeding my daughters jaundice looked a lot better and she had put on weight. I think it's because the baby isn't having to use up energy controlling their own tempreture. Noah is a lovely name, congratulations again. Xx
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,083Posts Today

5,801Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin