Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • becca0417
    • By becca0417 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    • 3,107Posts
    • 14,372Thanks
    becca0417
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28
    • 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28 10th Feb 14 at 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

What's it about?

Back in July 2006 Bailey started this thread to help all pregnant MoneySavers and their partners save on anything pregnancy-related plus give each other moral support. It's been hugely popular and now has a long list of pregnant mothers-to-be.

Now it's not just for those that are pregnant but also those trying to conceive and MoneySavers that have probably already given birth and yet are probably too tired to let everyone know.

What should you do?

As well as being a great source of tips, baby-related bargains spotted, mutual support and help MoneySavers here have also gradually built up a list, adding themselves to one of these categories (the last one, people are moved to for obvious reasons!):

EDD (Estimated due date if you're pregnant)
    TTC (trying to conceive if you're not) we now have 2 seperate threads for people TTC - 'Trying for a Baby' and 'Trying for a baby (12+ M/not straightforward)'
    Birth List
    Probably given birth but too worn out to log on list

If you want to add yourself to the list follow these steps:

Click on the link at the top of this page that says "Last" (it'll take you to the last page of the discussion)
    Scroll down until you find the message with the very latest copy of the list in (if you use one further up the discussion other peoples' changes after that will be lost)
    Copy that (highlight it and click control+c)
    Click reply at the bottom of the thread to open a screen where you can past it (click control+p)
    Add yourself to the list then click save
    And don't feel shy. Introduce yourself, say hello and ask a question if you need to.

Plus, if you're thinking of how to cut down on nappy costs remember to have a read of the Nappy MoneySaving article too and for later down the line if you need childcare first read the Childcare Vouchers article.

Also please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post).

If you're new to the Forum it can look scattergun but read down and remember it's a conversation, starting with first post, scrolling forward for the latest. To reply you'll need to join the Forum but it's free to do.

This is a continuation of this thread which will be closed due to it's length.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 08-09-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14
Page 523
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 5th Mar 18, 1:18 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 1,553 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Hello ladies

I am far less pregnant than the rest of you, but can I join please? I'm 25 weeks (and a few days, I used to be great at counting days, now I'm lucky if I remember my own name most of the time...). I thought there was a "25-something weeks" thread as it feels early to be joining this one but apparently not!
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 5th Mar 18, 2:09 PM
    • 3,421 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Hi Lavender

I was surprised this was the next thread but I couldn't find a 25 week plus one, and this one seems fairly active so it's a good pick
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: 0/31010.23 (100% paid)
    Mortgage - 158.500.00 (2017/2018 O/P 3491.79) PAYDBX 17 - 18,442.82
    PAYDBX 18 #006 3850.92/4000
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 5th Mar 18, 2:32 PM
    • 1,365 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    lauradora
    Hello ladies

Feeling a bit better today. In fact got up early (as usual) this morning and got some cooking done so well pleased with myself. Good start to mat leave

Hello Lavender Bee and welcome xxx

Still in debt but happy
    DFW nerd no 844

• sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 6th Mar 18, 9:29 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Hello ladies

I am far less pregnant than the rest of you, but can I join please? I'm 25 weeks (and a few days, I used to be great at counting days, now I'm lucky if I remember my own name most of the time...). I thought there was a "25-something weeks" thread as it feels early to be joining this one but apparently not!
    Originally posted by LavenderBee
    Hey! Welcome. Viability week is 24 weeks so I have always assumed that's why there was the cut off. You are now carrying a baby not a fetus. Woop woop! Don't worry the time will speed by, I joined just as lots of girls were announcing births and it doesn't seem so long ago!
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 6th Mar 18, 9:34 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Hello ladies

Feeling a bit better today. In fact got up early (as usual) this morning and got some cooking done so well pleased with myself. Good start to mat leave

Hello Lavender Bee and welcome xxx
    Originally posted by lauradora
    Sounds like you are off to a good start!! I've been getting up at normal time too, means more time for other things. Had my car valeted yesterday and today I had a growth scan. Baby had dropped a centile so I ended up in a panic waiting to be assessed. I've got another scan in 2 weeks and a CTG on Friday, will need to rearrange my health visitor apointment. My weeks are filling up fast with appointments. Going to try get some baby clothes/sheets/towels washed tomorrow and give the nursery a clean. I've just to be vigilant with movement and go in if I'm concerned, glad I'm on mat leave now so I can concentrate properly.
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 6th Mar 18, 10:54 PM
    • 3,421 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Evening ladies!

I had my consultant appt today and a reassurance scan after the reduction in movements. Baby seems ok although fluid has increased again so I'm back in on Friday morning with the consultant for her to check my cervix and see if it's favourable for induction possibly next week. Keep your fingers crossed for me

Nice batch cooking laura!

Hopefully your next scan will be more reassuring sweet

I'm off the get the car valeted tomorrow and nip into my office to see how things are going and give them a hand with a few things that have come up in the last week.
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: 0/31010.23 (100% paid)
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 7th Mar 18, 11:45 AM
    • 1,365 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    lauradora
    Morning all,

Struggling to get going today. Still in PJ's and dressing gown.

Funny that you are going back into work Kirsty Will keep my fingers crossed for your re induction and adding extra chilli to all of my meals

Glad your ok Sweetie. I only have one appointment booked in now!! Not heard a thing from my midwife just booked in at hospital
    But im glad for the not having to run around for everything and to have to pee in cardboard tubs tbh.

Off to check flylady see if I get inspired

Still in debt but happy
    DFW nerd no 844

• kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 7th Mar 18, 2:09 PM
    • 3,421 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    I'm finding it quite stressful not knowing what is going on at work! I know that will change when donut makes an appearance but for now I'm just not used to it

I'm bouncing on the ball almost constantly to try and ease him down! Had the midwife this morning and his head is 1/5 engaged so still 4/5 palpable which is worrying me as if he isn't down I'm wondering if they will still be happy to go ahead with induction next week. I'm using evening primrose oil orally and vaginally so hopefully that is helping to ripen my cervix.... keeping everything crossed!

Hope you managed to find some motivation, but if not you are allowed a lazy day!!
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 7th Mar 18, 2:20 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 1,553 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Hey! Welcome. Viability week is 24 weeks so I have always assumed that's why there was the cut off. You are now carrying a baby not a fetus. Woop woop! Don't worry the time will speed by, I joined just as lots of girls were announcing births and it doesn't seem so long ago!
    Originally posted by sweetilemon

Thanks, Sweeti. I must confess, when I got to the magic '24 weeks' day I did feel a huge sense of relief, I almost looked forward to it more than the 20 week scan! There's something about knowing that which made me feel much more positive and helped me to think of them as a real person. We've always had our names picked, but now I feel like they are one of them (team yellow, so don't know which one ). I have relatives born very early, not 24 weeks but probably at the equivalent of for the decades they were born in, and they survived, they're fine. OK, not a great experience at the time for the parents, but they've gone on to live normal lives.

I'm struggling a bit with movement patterns at the moment. I have day(s) where I just feel like I've not felt them much and start worrying, but when I look back I realise I was busy/pre-occupied all day, and if I can give myself a break for half a day (either working from home quietly, or giving up on chores at the weekend), they're back with a vengeance and very active. Weekends are the worst culprits, probably because I don't have a routine, and during the week my workload comes in peaks and troughs which doesn't help my perception either. I'm worried I will miss something, and won't worry when I should worry!
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 7th Mar 18, 2:21 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 1,553 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    I'm finding it quite stressful not knowing what is going on at work! I know that will change when donut makes an appearance but for now I'm just not used to it
    Originally posted by kirtsypoos

Cripes I want a donut now
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 7th Mar 18, 2:30 PM
    • 3,421 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Cripes I want a donut now
    Originally posted by LavenderBee
    Sorry Lavender

I know what you mean about the movements, when I was still at work I stressed quite regularly that I wasn't feeling him move but if I sat quietly or lay on my left side he was bouncing all over the place!
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 7th Mar 18, 5:21 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Work definitely doesn't help with keep track of movements!

Kirstypoos you'll definitely forget about work in no time!

I've got a lot of appointments but my midwife hasn't rearranged but I'll be checked on Friday anyway at my CTG. Just need to get hold of the health visitor to rearrange, I left a message. Spent today washing baby clothes and cleaning so nesting in full flow. Another day of the same tomorrow and need to sort out mothers day gifts. I've ordered myself some new bedlinen so everything is nice and fresh, not that we will Co sleep but I might bring them in to breastfeed. Just hope everything works out long term this time.
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 8th Mar 18, 12:07 PM
    • 3,421 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Hope your sorting and cleaning is going well sweet, it's so exciting. I tried to steam clean the kitchen this morning but OH has put the steam cleaner behind a load of really heavy baby boxes under the stairs and I can't move them so I sat on the floor and cried hormones are on form today!

I'm up to 9-12 month clothes sorting which are being vacuum packed today ready to go under the cot. I'm really pleased that we have a stash of clothes in various sizes, I feel like I will be less worried about money while I am off xx
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 8th Mar 18, 1:06 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Hope your sorting and cleaning is going well sweet, it's so exciting. I tried to steam clean the kitchen this morning but OH has put the steam cleaner behind a load of really heavy baby boxes under the stairs and I can't move them so I sat on the floor and cried hormones are on form today!

I'm up to 9-12 month clothes sorting which are being vacuum packed today ready to go under the cot. I'm really pleased that we have a stash of clothes in various sizes, I feel like I will be less worried about money while I am off xx
    Originally posted by kirtsypoos
    I'm off to a false start! I fell asleep after breakfast lol. Just had lunch and sat down oops. Definitely going to start in a minute haha. Oh no! Totally understandable pregnancy tears! Maybe just get the bleach out instead xx
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 8th Mar 18, 3:57 PM
    • 3,421 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Haha, naps are needed!!

I mopped the floor but it isn't the same - I even got down and used floor wipes to clean the whole ground floor, my back is in bits now!

Did you manage to make a start? xx
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 8th Mar 18, 3:58 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 1,553 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    I had a donut today...
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 8th Mar 18, 4:13 PM
    • 3,421 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    I hope it was lovely Lavender - I think I'm a glutton for punishment nicknaming the baby after a food I can't even eat xx
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 8th Mar 18, 5:52 PM
    • 305 Posts
    • 1,553 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    It was a lidl 29p one. Worth every one of those twenty nine pence I keep threatening to get my eating under control "tomorrow" but I am a machine right now! I'm actually kinda grateful they sell them individually, if I'd been in a bigger shop where they sell multipacks bad things would have happened...
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 8th Mar 18, 9:07 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Wrong audience...too much GD in this domain for doughnut chat lol. I got lots of baby clothes ironed and the sheets on the pram, crib and cot so getting there. A few moreasons washes and cleaning to do but not too bad. Got a CTG tomorrow morning.
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 8th Mar 18, 9:29 PM
    • 1,365 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    lauradora
    evening all,

Somehow got through flylady today with my mums help. My cold has come back and I feel absolutley sh**e again

A donut would be great right now though, dont think theyre vegan though

I have nothing to report because I basically stayed in bed til dinner time today trying to catch up on sleep and make myself feel better...now i'm just as tired as usual and just as miserable.
    Sorry for the moan, just feeling very sorry for myself tonight. Cant get comfy anywhere

Still in debt but happy
    DFW nerd no 844

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

77Posts Today

2,511Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin