Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • becca0417
    • By becca0417 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    • 3,107Posts
    • 14,372Thanks
    becca0417
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28
    • 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28 10th Feb 14 at 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

What's it about?

Back in July 2006 Bailey started this thread to help all pregnant MoneySavers and their partners save on anything pregnancy-related plus give each other moral support. It's been hugely popular and now has a long list of pregnant mothers-to-be.

Now it's not just for those that are pregnant but also those trying to conceive and MoneySavers that have probably already given birth and yet are probably too tired to let everyone know.

What should you do?

As well as being a great source of tips, baby-related bargains spotted, mutual support and help MoneySavers here have also gradually built up a list, adding themselves to one of these categories (the last one, people are moved to for obvious reasons!):

EDD (Estimated due date if you're pregnant)
    TTC (trying to conceive if you're not) we now have 2 seperate threads for people TTC - 'Trying for a Baby' and 'Trying for a baby (12+ M/not straightforward)'
    Birth List
    Probably given birth but too worn out to log on list

If you want to add yourself to the list follow these steps:

Click on the link at the top of this page that says "Last" (it'll take you to the last page of the discussion)
    Scroll down until you find the message with the very latest copy of the list in (if you use one further up the discussion other peoples' changes after that will be lost)
    Copy that (highlight it and click control+c)
    Click reply at the bottom of the thread to open a screen where you can past it (click control+p)
    Add yourself to the list then click save
    And don't feel shy. Introduce yourself, say hello and ask a question if you need to.

Plus, if you're thinking of how to cut down on nappy costs remember to have a read of the Nappy MoneySaving article too and for later down the line if you need childcare first read the Childcare Vouchers article.

Also please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post).

If you're new to the Forum it can look scattergun but read down and remember it's a conversation, starting with first post, scrolling forward for the latest. To reply you'll need to join the Forum but it's free to do.

This is a continuation of this thread which will be closed due to it's length.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 08-09-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14
Page 522
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 28th Feb 18, 5:05 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Hope you got to work and back safe Laura!

My scan didn't go brilliantly - first of all his heart rate was way too fast so she did all the measurements then handed me over to fetal assessment for monitoring, by the time they'd got me hooked up on the monitor his heartrate had slowed right down and then the issue was he wasn't having any accelerations or moving very much so ended up in there for a while.

When I finally got out of there, I was called in to see diabetic team and I saw an SHO who basically said she didn't know what was going on with my bloods by baby has had a huge growth spurt but oh well we will see you in 2 weeks. Then I went into obstetric consult where I was due to get induction date decision but the consultant wasn't in clinic so no inductions could be passed off

Went into diabetic midwife and she wasn't happy with the diabetic doctor as it's obvious from his growth that something isn't right with my sugar levels and no one was trying to work out why - she wanted me to keep her up to date with my levels as she thinks they are going to spike all of a sudden!

He is now measuring at 6lb 15oz so estimated to be over 9lb at birth, over 80th centile when he was on the 50th 4 weeks ago so something is happening. I just need to keep pushing I think, no one seems to be paying attention apart from the diabetic midwife!

Only 2 days left to go Laura and Sweet, nearly there for you too Cherry!
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: 0/31010.23 (100% paid)
    Mortgage - 158.500.00 (2017/2018 O/P 3491.79) PAYDBX 17 - 18,442.82
    PAYDBX 18 #006 3850.92/4000
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 28th Feb 18, 9:03 PM
    • 1,365 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    lauradora
    Sorry for you Kirsty....sounds like a right mare....

Hope everyone is staying safe in the snow xx

Still in debt but happy
    DFW nerd no 844

• sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 28th Feb 18, 9:16 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Are you taking anything for your sugars Kirsty? I'm on metaformin. What are your levels like? Did you eventually get the all clear with movement and heartrate? If you are worried just go in for monitoring. 9lb's isn't too huge but I guess the problem is the difference in percentile?

The snow is really bad here, I got in to work today but a few scary moments. It's meant to be worse tomorrow so if it's unsafe I'm not going to go in.

My midwife and other antenatal appointment's got cancelled today. My scan is next week.
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 28th Feb 18, 9:55 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    I was on 4 metformin a day but my levels dropped and were only going above 5 if I massively increased carbs so they told me to increase carbs and reduce to 3 metformin daily but they still weren't picking up.... until today when they have all been over 7 so looks like the midwife was right and it was the calm before the storm.

Have to call her in the morning and let her know so I think I'll be back on the max metformin. They did give me the all clear from the monitoring so I'm just keeping an eye for now.

It's a pain about the antenatal appointments, hope they've been rescheduled soon? Make sure you're safe tomorrow, don't push yourself to go in!
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: 0/31010.23 (100% paid)
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 1st Mar 18, 2:59 PM
    • 1,365 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    lauradora
    these last few days at work are dragging soooooo much

Came in this morning and arrived early after leaving the house early due to the snow but the roads were much clearer and safer than yesterday. I got an early finish yesterday in case the weather drew in but its really not done much today so no hope of that again.

I'm so glad I finally went ahead and booked my MAT leave in though, I'm so tired and achy I cant even get comfy in my chair.

I am so looking forward to getting back into the forum properly, I joined a challenge today in readiness for mat leave but am already worried cos I'm getting chips tomorrow with it being my last day and there's an NCT nearly new sale near me on Saturday which I cannot resist, but that's what challenges are for

I am well jealous of all you ladies having snow days

Kirtsy I wish there was something I could do to help.....will try and do dome extra bounces on my ball for you and of course will eat lots of curries in your name

Still in debt but happy
    DFW nerd no 844

• kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 1st Mar 18, 3:55 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Almost there Laura!

I'm going to live on my ball from now until he arrives
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 1st Mar 18, 6:54 PM
    • 1,365 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    lauradora
    I had a nice hot chilli for you tonight

Still in debt but happy
    DFW nerd no 844

• riotlady
    • By riotlady 2nd Mar 18, 12:48 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 230 Thanks
    riotlady
    Hi everyone! Just found this thread. I'm due in 5 weeks but drs have said they're probably going to bring baby a bit earlier due to gestational diabetes. Nervous but very excited- hopefully building the last bits of ikea furniture for the nursery tomorrow!
    Make 2018 in 2018 challenge-
    509/2018
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 2nd Mar 18, 2:42 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Sounds lovely laura!

Welcome riotlady, congratulations!

You're in the same position as myself and sweetilemon with the GD - how have you been doing with managing your sugars?
    • riotlady
    • By riotlady 2nd Mar 18, 4:00 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 230 Thanks
    riotlady
    Sounds lovely laura!

Welcome riotlady, congratulations!

You're in the same position as myself and sweetilemon with the GD - how have you been doing with managing your sugars?
    Originally posted by kirtsypoos
    Thanks!

Managing much better now I'm on metformin- one with breakfast, two with dinner. I can manage weetabix for breakfast now, which is very exciting because I was getting quite sick of eggs

Also my friend managed to find some Oppo salted caramel ice cream for me and it is AMAZING.

I do feel a bit like all I think about at the moment is food though!
    509/2018
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 2nd Mar 18, 4:17 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    I know what you mean about eggs - I feel the same about cheese! I got the choc mint swirl oppo and was so excited but I thought it tasted like toothpaste so I was gutted

I've been making a list of all the stuff I want to eat once he makes his arrival and OH is under strict instructions to bring it all to the hospital!
    • riotlady
    • By riotlady 2nd Mar 18, 4:37 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 230 Thanks
    riotlady
    Try the salted caramel- it's really good!

Oh yes, I've got a list going too xD Crumpets and chocolate cake currently at the top!
    509/2018
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 2nd Mar 18, 7:30 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    I might have to give it a go - I'm not a fan of caramel but the mint was such a let down that I'll happily try the others, they can't be worse!

Yum! croissant with strawberry jam and my moms chocolate fudge cupcakes are currently my foods of choice, along with fresh orange juice and a chinese.... the list is about 25 things long at the moment, I may need to narrow it or OH will be bringing sainsbobs to the hospital
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 2nd Mar 18, 9:32 PM
    • 1,365 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    lauradora
    I finished work today

Still in debt but happy
    DFW nerd no 844

• kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 3rd Mar 18, 12:48 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Woo! Congrats Laura, welcome to mat leave

The snow is somewhat ruining mine for me at the moment, I have cabin fever! But it's still nice not to be going to the office every morning
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 3rd Mar 18, 10:06 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    I'm on 2 metaformin morning and 2 at night now. So glad I'm on Mat leave. I still have a little bit of admin to finish for my second job but shouldn't be too bad. I've booked a valet for my car on Monday. I'm sooo craving salted caramel hagendaz so I'll need to look this up! Kirstypoos if your numbers were so low would they reduce your metaformin? Xx
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 4th Mar 18, 12:31 PM
    • 1,365 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    lauradora
    Having lots of discharge last night and today and feeling really sick. Don't want to ring hospital for fear of being told to belt up...what do you guys reckon???

I've had a quick Google but I trust you lot more !!!55357;!!!56849;

Still in debt but happy
    DFW nerd no 844

• kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 4th Mar 18, 2:53 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Sweet they did reduce my metformin and then 5 days later my numbers went very high again so I'm back on the full dose again, but not massive difference yet!

Spent yesterday in hospital as I think I have a UTI, baby wasn't moving very much and I was getting really painful pressures at the top of my bump and had been very sick whenever I tried to eat - they're happy with baby trace but have booked another scan this week to check if everything is still ok. The sickness is apparently due to the lack of space and the pain at the top of my bump is bruising related to the vomiting. I'm not convinced but I've got the consultant on Tuesday anyway so will be bringing everything up with them.

I call triage for anything I'm unsure about Laura, but has your discharge been normal or more like your plug? I was told not to worry if I lost my plug as it replenishes, but to call if I lost any sweet smelling fluid or blood. Hope you feel better soon! xx
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 4th Mar 18, 3:20 PM
    • 1,365 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    lauradora
    Thanks Kirtsy that's reassuring, especially about you feeling sick as I was thinking it was baby squirm!!

Not losing a lot right now so not too worried as it's not too smelly back is very sore today though so going to have a nap and then get the ball out

Still in debt but happy
    DFW nerd no 844

• sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 4th Mar 18, 7:39 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Lauradora I would call in just to check but tbh increased discharge sounds normal later in pregnancy and I know I've had morning sickness the other day but I had random late sickness in my last pregnancy too so I know it's normal for me.

Hope your scan gives some reassurance kirstypoos. I've got a growth scan on Tuesday. Now I'm on maternity I want to start washing all the bedding and baby clothes. Seems like a mamoth task!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

158Posts Today

1,734Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin