Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • becca0417
    • By becca0417 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    • 3,107Posts
    • 14,372Thanks
    becca0417
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28
    • 10th Feb 14, 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28 10th Feb 14 at 7:07 PM
    MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

What's it about?

Back in July 2006 Bailey started this thread to help all pregnant MoneySavers and their partners save on anything pregnancy-related plus give each other moral support. It's been hugely popular and now has a long list of pregnant mothers-to-be.

Now it's not just for those that are pregnant but also those trying to conceive and MoneySavers that have probably already given birth and yet are probably too tired to let everyone know.

What should you do?

As well as being a great source of tips, baby-related bargains spotted, mutual support and help MoneySavers here have also gradually built up a list, adding themselves to one of these categories (the last one, people are moved to for obvious reasons!):

EDD (Estimated due date if you're pregnant)
    TTC (trying to conceive if you're not) we now have 2 seperate threads for people TTC - 'Trying for a Baby' and 'Trying for a baby (12+ M/not straightforward)'
    Birth List
    Probably given birth but too worn out to log on list

If you want to add yourself to the list follow these steps:

Click on the link at the top of this page that says "Last" (it'll take you to the last page of the discussion)
    Scroll down until you find the message with the very latest copy of the list in (if you use one further up the discussion other peoples' changes after that will be lost)
    Copy that (highlight it and click control+c)
    Click reply at the bottom of the thread to open a screen where you can past it (click control+p)
    Add yourself to the list then click save
    And don't feel shy. Introduce yourself, say hello and ask a question if you need to.

Plus, if you're thinking of how to cut down on nappy costs remember to have a read of the Nappy MoneySaving article too and for later down the line if you need childcare first read the Childcare Vouchers article.

Also please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post).

If you're new to the Forum it can look scattergun but read down and remember it's a conversation, starting with first post, scrolling forward for the latest. To reply you'll need to join the Forum but it's free to do.

This is a continuation of this thread which will be closed due to it's length.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 08-09-2014 at 11:47 AM.
    First baby due 3/3/14 - Team Yellow! Our little girl born 25/2/14
Page 520
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 16th Jan 18, 3:42 PM
    • 1,365 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    lauradora
    Hello ladies

Finally come over here. I am 28+1 today. Check at midwife yesterday showed everything good, now waiting for scan on 30th when i'll be 30 weeks.

Nice to see everyone ticking along well, its quiet though!

Still in debt but happy
    DFW nerd no 844

• kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 16th Jan 18, 7:14 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    It's very quiet laura! Hope you are doing well though time seems to by flying, I can't believe how quickly it's gone when I think of the last couple of threads that we have moved through x
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid)
    Mortgage - £158.500.00 (2017/2018 O/P £3491.79) PAYDBX 17 - £18,442.82
    PAYDBX 18 #006 £3850.92/£4000
    • NBDS
    • By NBDS 16th Jan 18, 10:26 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    NBDS
    Hi everyone,
    Been meaning to post for a while, itís all going so quickly now. Good to see everyone I recognise from 12-24 thread, glad youíre all doing ok.

Iím 27+5 today. 10 and a bit weeks left at work...so much to do still, feeling very unprepared. Nursery was painted today though so I think once I can get furniture in place I can my head around buying more bits. Does everyone have the majority they need now?

MW / glucose test etc this Thursday.
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 26th Jan 18, 9:42 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    How's everyone getting on?
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 26th Jan 18, 9:43 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    31+1 today and counting down to mat leave!!

How are you doing sweet?

How did your GTT go NBDS?
    PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid)
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 27th Jan 18, 3:25 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    31+1 today and counting down to mat leave!!

How are you doing sweet?

How did your GTT go NBDS?
    Originally posted by kirtsypoos
    Speeding along!! Same - counting down to mat leave, 5 weeks to go. I'm 31weeks tomorrow x
    • NBDS
    • By NBDS 29th Jan 18, 12:59 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    NBDS
    I think I got confused (due to two girls at work being around the same point as me and telling me I'd have a glucose test), I didn't need one as low risk and no indicators. So that's all good.

Had a bit of a scare last week as had really bad pains, but the hospital got me straight in and were brilliant, was all fine nothing to do with baby, possibly a bit of food poisoning, but all ok now. In a weird way I am glad it happened as has made me feel more confident about the hospital.

How is everyone? Do you have your bags packed yet/have you made many purchases? I feel like I am really behind! x
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 29th Jan 18, 1:00 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    I didn't think I'd get to this so over it mindset with work quite this early but I am struggling x
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 29th Jan 18, 1:01 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Made lots of purchases and packed donuts bag, but am putting off doing mine and I don't really know why!

OH and my Dad built all the nursery furniture this weekend and I'm thrilled - it looks amazing in there. Still can't quite believe we will have our own baby in there soon! x
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 4th Feb 18, 2:54 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Glad everything is OK NBDS. I've started physio because I have now got PGP and Sciatica. Takes me ages to walk anywhere, pretty painful. My dreams chicco crib came. I'm planning to sort out the room next weekend because I've got a long weekend. I'll pack my hospital bags when I start maternity at 36weeks and wash baby's clothes then.
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 9th Feb 18, 12:02 PM
    • 1,365 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    lauradora
    Hello everyone!

I hope you are all well. Its still quiet here?!

I have packed my hospital bag, with the exception of baby clothes that still need washing. DH spent the weekend decorating the baby's room Its only magnolia, nice and simple. Just want some nice curtains now and that's done

Had a massive (what I hope was) Braxton hicks this morning on the way to work, probs my biggest panic yet

I am 31+4 today, 59 days to go!!

I'm very tired now, but excited, ready to leave work but still need to sort my SMP claim out.

Only remembered yesterday that I should have had a MATB1 but have never been given one midwifes have not been great since we moved across town.....

So that should be ready today for me to get my claim in on Monday, fingers crossed

Still in debt but happy
    DFW nerd no 844

• kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 10th Feb 18, 12:13 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Hi Laura! Glad you're ok, shame about the midwives not getting their ar*es into gear though, fingers crossed you got it sorted yesterday.

I'm 33+2 today and have my baby shower this afternoon. All I know is the date and what time to be ready - everything has been organised by my sister and mom so I'm not sure what to expect really!

Our nursery is now done and furniture built, pram is now ready and waiting for baby and we will practice with the car seat/ISOfix next weekend so we are as ready as we can be. I've got a growth scan on 27th which should be when they decide when to induce me scary times
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 10th Feb 18, 10:26 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Oh wow lauradora hope you manage to get your maternity sorted out!! Glad it was just braxton hicks! Baby is getting prepared.

Hope your baby shower went well kirstypoos. You sound very organised!

We've started birthing classes again, 1 out of 4 done. I've got 12 days of work to go! My consultant appointmentis 22nd so hopefully I'll get a date then. Going to start getting stuff for my hospital bag soon.
    • NBDS
    • By NBDS 11th Feb 18, 10:15 AM
    • 26 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    NBDS
    Hi everyone, glad you all sound like you!!!8217;re doing ok, Kirsty how was your baby shower?

I think I have most things for my bag now, just need to get around packing it. I ended up in hospital with a sickness bug for 3 days last week and so that!!!8217;s given me a bit of a kick up the bum about it!

31 + 3 today. Built our crib yesterday, really pleased with it! I!!!8217;m a little jealous of you that are finishing work soon, I still have 7 weeks to go, though I don!!!8217;t mind work at all, just the commute some days feels tough.

What classes are you doing Sweet?
    • kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 11th Feb 18, 4:12 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    It was lovely thanks! They'd hired a little cafe which used to be a train station and decorated it with baby boy balloons and had a beautiful Noahs Ark cake made which was lovely - I could only have a bite because of the diabetes but it was lovely for everyone else too!

Hope you're feeling better after your sickness bug NBDS? I'm finishing work in 2 weeks and I honestly can't wait, I'm really starting to struggle now! I don't envy you NBDS, you're a saint for going 7 more weeks!

We've started hypnobirthing classes, only done 1 so far but I really liked it so I'm hoping that will come in handy for early labour. I'm totally open minded about pain relief though, I'll take whatever I need!
    • sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 11th Feb 18, 9:10 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Sounds lovely kirstypoos. Hypnobirthing is meant to be really good. I'm just doing the NHS classes. Looking forward to getting my baby box soon. I've bought a few bits for my hospital bag. Going to start washing stuff in maternity at 36weeks. Hope you are feeling better NBDS. I'm 33weeks today.
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 15th Feb 18, 2:16 PM
    • 1,365 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    lauradora
    I am well Jealous of the hypno classes. Me and OH went to see about them the other day...were really interested but the cost was £220. Not actually that much when you consider there was about 20 hours worth of the actual classes for two of you and course materials were thrown in. The thing that threw it for me was that the classes were 7.30 until 10pm!
    No chance of me staying awake through those i'm afraid...im lucky to make it through Emmerdale with my eyes open

32 weeks + 3 today

I have finally put my notice in at work so am finishing on 2nd March, I was really reluctant to commit myself at first but now i've done it I feel miles better and cant wait to leave!!

Also well jealous of your baby shower Kirsty

Bags are packed for hospital and nursery is nearly ready just need a cot to go in there which is bought just not here yet

We finished the 'Solihull approach' antenatal classes last week, don't know if anyone else has done them but we found them quite interesting and it was the first kind of thing where we got together with other pregnant couples.

So now I just have to finish work the sit and wait.......

Still in debt but happy
    DFW nerd no 844

• kirtsypoos
    • By kirtsypoos 15th Feb 18, 3:20 PM
    • 3,423 Posts
    • 14,977 Thanks
    kirtsypoos
    Luckily my local NHS Trust offers Wise Hippo hypnobirthing, and you just pay £50 towards it so it wasn't too much of a decision to make - I originally looked at one that was £300 and just thought no flippin' way!

I'm 34 weeks today and still haven't packed my bag - I think it's scaring me that it will be a bit real once I do it. Donuts bag has been packed for a few weeks so I really need to pull my finger out...

Glad you've sorted your mat leave too, I think it helps just to have a date to look towards!
    • lauradora
    • By lauradora 15th Feb 18, 4:08 PM
    • 1,365 Posts
    • 4,661 Thanks
    lauradora
    Luckily my local NHS Trust offers Wise Hippo hypnobirthing, and you just pay £50 towards it so it wasn't too much of a decision to make -
    Originally posted by kirtsypoos
    Wow!! That's ace. How often are the classes?

I have bought the Mongan Method book but have yet to have both the time and energy to read it

Still in debt but happy
    DFW nerd no 844

• sweetilemon
    • By sweetilemon 15th Feb 18, 9:46 PM
    • 2,131 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    sweetilemon
    Wow that's amazing kirstypoos!! Quite jealous lol. Lauradora you finish the same date as me! Can't wait. So ready. I've not got my hospital bag packed but it's work in progress.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

33Posts Today

3,760Users online

Martin's Twitter