MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks guys, congratulations on your payrise too alsomething, always good to have a bit extra for maternity leave!

Hope scans go OK wednesday alsomething.

eek always _Alone not long now! Hope scan goes well Thurs.
  • gayleygoo
    gayleygoo Posts: 816 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations Carrot! Two little pink bundles, how wonderful :) I hope you all don't have too long to stay in hospital.

Always_Alone, eek not long for you now! Having one is the hard part, adding another should be easy ;)

Alsomething that's fantastic with the NCT sales :) Travel cots can be expensive so that's a bargain.

Wendz congrats on your promotion, that'll be exciting to go back to!

I can't believe I'm nearly 34 weeks now. People have been saying that it's "flown in" and only now am I agreeing with them! Still, I've done nothing in preparation. I still need OH to get the pram and baby stuff out of the attic to see what is still in usable condition, i don't want to buy things I don't need.

Actually, I have managed to sew some cloth wipes and washable breast pads. Hospital bag not even considered yet. Yep, now I feel really unprepared.

I've got a hospital appointment today to check on the growth of baby. The midwife last week took a measurement with a measuring tape and thought it was too small, but told me not to be worried because those tapes are largely inaccurate.

For anyone who'd like to practise some relaxation exercises for labour, I googled searched and found you can listen to the "Rainbow Relaxation" audio online. I lost my hypnobirthing CD so was quite happy to find it all online for free :)

One Love, One Life, Let's Get Together and Be Alright :)

April GC 13.20/£300
    April
    NSDs 0/10
    CC's £255
  • x_missymoo_x
    x_missymoo_x Posts: 484 Forumite
    Options
    jedi - I know exactly the range you mean in Boots, the one with the elephants!? I also could not resist and even though I had told myself we have enough, I bought a vest as I had a 25% voucher through the parenting club so it was only £3 :)

Congratulations on your promotion wendz and to alsomething on your payrise, great news for both of you! Every little helps, and it seems even nicer when its just before you're going to be having time off. Good to see that employers don't just disregard you for being pregnant.

Good luck with your scan on Thurs Always. It's scary how fast we seem to be creeping up the list now!

How did you get on at your appointment gayleygoo? Hope all was well.

I'm 36 weeks tomorrow :eek: This week I've really been suffering with swollen feet and ankles so I've been trying to sleep with them propped up on cushions, but I must wriggle too much as the pillows always end up on the floor! Thankfully they don't seem too bad today though, I just feel like such an old woman now :p
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    We must all have very similar taste.... I've bought the elephant outfits in boots too! I got the 3 pack of baby grows & the set of grow, vest & bib. They were buy 1 get 1 half price & the 25% off parenting voucher came off 1 of the items. Bargain!

I had my breastfeeding workshop in the hospital yesterday, it was really good, very informative & reassuring at how much support there is available once you're out of hospital. We also had a tour of the delivery rooms, I couldn't get over how big they were & the size of the birthing pool! They showed us the theatres too which I wasn't so keen on!

Having a new tumble dryer delivered this morning as our packed in yesterday, typical! I've also arranged for new carpet to be fitted in our bedroom next Monday so looks like hubby will be busy on the weekend decorating!! My nesting so far has mainly consisted of me writing lists of jobs for hubby to do! Bless!

36 weeks tomorrow, can't quite believe it! Sleeping is getting more & more tricky, my back is very achy & my bump needs propping up but I've got a wedge pillow I use for that. Just every time I move all the pillows have to get moved around too!

Hope everyone is feeling ok!
  • gayleygoo
    Options
    Appointment yesterday went fine, scan suggested baby is actually bigger than my dates, so no worries there! I could be expecting another 8lb-er if it carries on putting on weight at the same rate.

The midwife asked me if I knew what I was having, I told her no, it was a surprise for us, and she said she wouldn't look there then. However, a print-out of the scan results, stuck into my notes, seems to have the baby's sex on it! So that's a bit weird, I don't know what to think now, although just going to tell myself it's still a surprise as it still could be either.

My local Boots is tiny so probably doesn't have cute elephant outfits, but I'll look out for them if I'm in the Belfast shop anytime soon :)

April GC 13.20/£300
    April
    NSDs 0/10
    CC's £255
  • millysg1
    millysg1 Posts: 532 Forumite
    Options
    Morning All,
    36 weeks tomorrow also and had a scan yesterday to check that baby was not breeched, which it wanst, so that was good news.

But looks like my fluid levels are back up very very high again AND they estimated baby to be 7lbs 11oz already!!!!:eek:

So that means that it is highly likely baby will be coming early as my body already thinks it is at full term.

Ive told Baby it has to wait at least till I start my maternity leave on Friday.

We got a close up of babys face and it has quite chubby cheeks and was sticking its tongue out, which was very cute!

So another scan in 2 weeks to check babys growth (it will be my 7th). I don't see my MW till then as well.

Who has completed their birthing plan with their MW yet? MW hasn't mentioned it yet and im worried ill have baby before I see her next!
  • janed9388
    janed9388 Posts: 301 Forumite
    Options
    Milly, are they worried about your high fluids other than baby coming early ? I'm still fretting about mine (despite trying to ignore it!)
  • gayleygoo
    Options
    Milly my midwife hasn't mentioned it yet either. There is a page in my notes to fill in so I'll probably do that myself if it doesn't get done at my next appointment. You could even just write your own plan on a piece of paper and put it in your notes, just in case you go into labour early. I think it's really only for if you feel particularly strongly about anything, such as pain relief or who you want to be with you if you end up needing a c-section etc.

I hope to be able to use the midwife unit and they are pretty good in there about not doing interventions unless really necessary. Last time, I said I didn't want to be told how dilated I was, the cord wasn't to be cut until it had stopped pulsing, we wanted to find out for ourselves what sex baby was, no syntocin injection unless needed, and BFing after birth. Luckily, this is how the midwife unit does things anyway and it all went to plan :) The regular labour ward was quite the opposite when I had my first baby!

April GC 13.20/£300
    April
    NSDs 0/10
    CC's £255
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Options
    millysg1 wrote: »
    Who has completed their birthing plan with their MW yet? MW hasn't mentioned it yet and im worried ill have baby before I see her next!

I've done mine. It's worth checking what standard procedures are in your chosen birth place - so for example, delayed cord clamping is now standard in "my" hospital so that doesn't have to go on birth plan.
    There are simple guidelines available online.

I had simple headings including:
    Birth partner my husband and I said to offer him to see baby crowning, cut the cord, announce if boy or girl to me
    Posture/positions for labour - especially important for me with my PGP/SPD. So keeping upright, avoiding lying on back at all if poss, preferred position on all fours etc.
    Pain Relief options - using tens machine, no epidural if poss (esp due to PGP)
    3rd Stage - if labour physiological, then allow time for placenta delivery to be physiological too
    Vit K for baby - injection
    Other - baby to have skin-to-skin with daddy while I am getting any attention (e.g. stitches) or having shower etc. Daddy to dress baby with advice/assistance from midwives.

For those with PGP/SPD, this is a really good link which gives specific advice on what to include in your birth plan
    http://www.pelvicpartnership.org.uk/pregnancy-and-birth-with-pgp/birth-plans

I am also including some phrases which I have found useful from Lazy Daisy/Hypnobirthing (e.g.: "Breathe in calm, breathe in confidence" etc)

Other advice I was given was to use bullet points/short phrases as they don't want to read an essay or justifications for your preferences! and to have several copies printed out so that if there is a shift change you can make sure everyone has seen and read it. Oh, and make sure your birth partner knows about everything on it - and your reasons behind each thing and what things you might be prepared to compromise on.
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 10 March 2015 at 12:21PM
    Options
    I think midwife discussed around 32-34 weeks here. I would make a note anyway of everything. There is a page in my notes to fill in here. Won't be putting much in mine to be honest apart from trying not to have an epidural. Last time I said I would rather have a water birth etc but unfortunately i didn't get to. Personally I think unless there is stuff you are adamant on it is better to go with the flow and means you will feel less disapointed if things don't go to plan.

I have separate notes I have gone through with consultant about vbac , things like intermittent monitoring and have to go back in a few weeks to discuss what would happen if i get to induction stage but i hope i won't.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure