MSE Pregnancy Club 28

Options

Comments

• Aunty-Pickle
    Options
    oooh bubblepops!
    From what I understand (which, being a ftm is only from what I have read or been told) your waters can be a slow trickle as they don't always go with a gush.

I suppose, it's worth trying to tell what colour the liquid is and seeing if they smell of anything?

one tip I heard was to put a pad in your knickers, lie down for 30mins and then stand up. If there is more of a little gush then it probably is your waters.

in any case, if you're sure it isn't wee (gosh, doing really well on the "TMI" front aren't we?!) I guess you should phone your midwife or labour ward or whatever.

All the best in any case!!!
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • Bubblepops
    Options
    Thankies auntie p-i just didn't know what to think! I've heard all the same sort of things, so I feel much better for not just thinking it's me!
    I know! Getting rather excited, but trying so hard not to!!

Thanks-it's kind of a straw colour, and there's a little bit more all the time, def. don't think it's wee, getting quite uncomfortable too. I'm remarkably calm, but OH is fair jittering on the spot!!

I've just put the last few bits in my bag, and just going to have some tea in the next half hour, then I'm going to give them a Ring I think. *if* it is labour, (big if!) I want to be full of energy and ready to go!

And yeah-sorry. Think I may have blown the whole tmi information out of the window!!!

Xx
    'By all means let's be open minded, but not so open minded that our brains drop out.'
  • Aunty-Pickle
    Options
    big hugs.
    IF it is, hope all goes well for you!
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock
  • krustylouise
    Options
    How exciting bubblepops! Let us know what they say on the phone x

PAD 2023 Debt total as of Dec 2022 £18,988.63*April £17,711.03

Halifax CC £3168.21

Halifax loan £6095.47

Car finance £7639.02

Next £0/£808.33

#22 - 1p savings challenge 2023 £166.95/£667.95

Saving for Christmas - £1 a day savings challenge 2023 £50/£1000

• Always_Alone
    Options
    Ooooh Bubblepops!! Could be the start! Can only echo Aunty P's advice but if in doubt please call the labour ward. Much rather be safe than sorry, I'll be stalking for updates!!

My ds is 3, tbh, I don't think the arrival of the baby is overly bothering him at the mo! He's well aware, was sat in the buggy and insisted on testing out the Moses basket :rotfl: I honestly think it's because I have been doing less then I do with him, I've put him to bed the last 2 nights (as he's been insisting on OH) and spent the day together today and he seems much better.

Glad your MW appointment went well KrustyLouise, I guess the key is too keep communicating and talking. Hormones are crazy at the mo anyway so that may well have exacerbated your panic attack. Make the most if your hubby too! Hope you're feeling a bit better this evening.

Alsomething, glad your GTT levels have been manageable, that must be a relief. Hope your gynae appointment goes ok, I'm sure they see all sorts in there!

Missy, hope you're feeling a bit better!

Mrs TM, hope the pain the stitches has eased up a bit today.

Aunty P, how are you doing? Pington has had her double bundle of pink but is still in hospital after some complications, I'm sure she'll update when she can.

I've been having on-off period pains all day today and an upset tum so am kinda feeling like something's going to happen! Not sure if it's because I'm at the same gestation as I was when I had ds or if there actually is something happening! Have told OH to stay local and contactable at all times!! :rotfl:
  • wendz86
    wendz86 Posts: 7,171 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bubble - I would give your delivery ward a call and ask the midwife, does sound like it might be though and i know they usually like to check you if it is.

Krusty - glad all went ok and it is bound to make you feel anxious. Having your notes to go through sounds like it will help too.
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    Oh goodness bubble pops, how exciting! Let us know how you get on and what they say when you phone!

Oh gosh I really need to pack my bag! I don't even think I've got a bag big enough! I'm rubbish at packing & always take too much, I can imagine me being much worse in this situation!

As for me, even tho I've finished work I'm technically on leave this week & OH has been off too, just feels like I'll be back in next week. I've got my 34 week appointment with my midwife tomorrow morning, hoping baby is still the right way round, well head down, after being breech & then turning after my fall down the stairs!
  • Bubblepops
    Options
    Bah, false alarm folks. :mad:

Been up, and got a lovely internal and monitoring, and despite me nearly shooting off the bed in shock at the strength of the twinges, apparently not showing any signs of contracting.

Can't believe how calm I was-hope I stay that way for the real deal. Bit disappointed now I know tonight is not the night, but on the plus side, if we are hanging on, then we are more likely to get the water birth.

Hope everyone else is ok? Sorry for not catching up properly, but am exhausted now-paracetamol and bed methinks, I'll catch up tomorrow. Have a hug for now instead ;)
    'By all means let's be open minded, but not so open minded that our brains drop out.'
  • Princess_kate
    Options
    Hope you manage to get a good sleep Bubble, might just be very early days. Get as much rest as possible just incase! *hugs* x
  • millysg1
    Options

Oh gosh I really need to pack my bag! I don't even think I've got a bag big enough! I'm rubbish at packing & always take too much, I can imagine me being much worse in this situation!

I've done 2 bags, one for me and one for baby! I thought while in labour it would easy to find the stuff I need from one bag and then when baby arrives, and my bag is in a total mess, be easy to find baby's things.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure