Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • fire**fly
    • By fire**fly 28th Jan 14, 10:34 PM
    • 143,720 Posts
    • 4,074,298 Thanks
    fire**fly
    • 28th Jan 14, 10:34 PM
    • 28th Jan 14, 10:34 PM
    hi, yes, I've been getting 2/3 of the same ones each time for a couple of weeks,
    thanks for posting/asking about it x
    Please be a responsible pet owner & spay / neuter your pets, so many unwanted pets & not enough homes for them all sadly.

• Glad
    • By Glad 28th Jan 14, 10:36 PM
    • 17,979 Posts
    • 39,997 Thanks
    Glad
    • 28th Jan 14, 10:36 PM
    • 28th Jan 14, 10:36 PM
    I get the same with pm notifications, every 10 or so I get 2 notifications for the same pm!!
    I'm a Board Guide on the Money Savers Arms, Discussion Time, Wales, Competitions, Marriage Relationships & Families, Health and Pet Care boards. However, please do remember, board guides don't read every post. if you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    Compers please read the Comping Guide
  • Former MSE Ian
    • 29th Jan 14, 9:28 AM
    • 29th Jan 14, 9:28 AM
    Hi all,

Yes. It's nothing you've done. It's a known issue with the forum software we use. The software describes it as a:

rare situation where the same email is sent multiple times
    by vBulletin
    The forums software provides a setting which fixes the problem. But introduces a new problem where the site will crash completely. Investigating and finding a better solution to the one provided is on our to do list. Meanwhile. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

Ian
    • Biggles
    • By Biggles 29th Jan 14, 11:04 AM
    • 7,611 Posts
    • 5,016 Thanks
    Biggles
    • 29th Jan 14, 11:04 AM
    • 29th Jan 14, 11:04 AM
    I just had the same thing when I reported a post.

I got the normal email response, and then a second one, in a slightly different format.

They also had different reference numbers, even though I only made one report.
    • fire**fly
    • By fire**fly 29th Jan 14, 12:37 PM
    • 143,720 Posts
    • 4,074,298 Thanks
    fire**fly
    • 29th Jan 14, 12:37 PM
    • 29th Jan 14, 12:37 PM
    Hi all,

Yes. It's nothing you've done. It's a known issue with the forum software we use. The software describes it as a:

The forums software provides a setting which fixes the problem. But introduces a new problem where the site will crash completely. Investigating and finding a better solution to the one provided is on our to do list. Meanwhile. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

Ian
    Originally posted by MSE Ian
    thanks for explaining MSE Ian
    Please be a responsible pet owner & spay / neuter your pets, so many unwanted pets & not enough homes for them all sadly.

• Former MSE Ian
    • 29th Jan 14, 3:57 PM
    • 29th Jan 14, 3:57 PM
    As this has been answered I'll close this. We appreciate your patience.

Ian
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,880Posts Today

8,350Users online

Martin's Twitter