any recommendations for stainless steel pans for induction hob

Comments

• xyz123
    xyz123 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    ryder72 wrote: »

Thanks will look at these. Strangely all seem to be with metal lid rather than gas. I wonder if they have got any special design to prevent lid handles from getting hot!
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    xyz123 wrote: »
    thanks. i can probably extend our budget to £100/£120 if i can get good quality pans.

any chance of a link to bosch ones? i googled and ones that came up didnt have any handles on pans so those are not for us.

This has jolted my memory:

When I bought my hob, I noticed that Bosch recommended two brands which were very expensive, so contacted them and asked what else they suggested. They said that they were not able to officially endorse any others (they sold the brands named) but suggested any good pan provided that it was strongly magnetic , then went on to least some.

Stellar stuck in my mind so I Googled them and found that Horwood, Judge and Stellar are parts of the same company, which produces a wide range of qualities. I spoke to someone via the website and was advised that as I wasn't in need of professional grade, Judge was the brand to go for.
  • Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    xyz123 wrote: »
    hi

we r planning to change our hob from ceramic to induction and so looking for new pans. did the magnet test and existing ones dont work.

any recommendations on where to get a set of pans. budget around £75. looked at ikea ones but they have steel handles and steel lid which will get hot and so keen to avoid these, especially ones with steel lid.

ta

I have these Stellar pans:

http://www.stellarcookware.co.uk/Products/Cookware/Stellar-Induction.html

I read several threads on MSE before deciding to buy them. Comments from users were that they are very good quality and last for years.

The handle on the glass lid doesn't get hot, nor does the pan handle.;)

If you like them, search for the best prices (I bought some via Amazon) and you won't be disappointed.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • cddc
    cddc Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    As many have said above Stellar/Judge are good. I have got Judge and have been pleased with them.

Having said that.....

Went on a training day not long ago where we all used induction hobs to cook egg fried rice amongst other things. The woks we all used came from Dunelm Mill and cost less than a tenner, so I do wonder if buying brand name pans is worth the extra? They worked perfectly well.
  • diy1950
    diy1950 Posts: 139 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi
    I bought a couple of cheap pans from Morrisons (they were said to be suitable for induction) prior to getting my induction hob. I believe they were £7 and £6. They have padded handles that don't get hot and glass lids. The lid has a metal handle which unfortunately does get hot.

I find these pans fine and they do not perform any worse than the pans which came as a free gift with my hob, and they retail at around £140

I recently bought a small Frying pan from Asda which complements my expensive pans. it was £13 and is guaranteed for 5 years.

Hope this helps.
  • Have a look at Robert dyas http://www.robertdyas.co.uk/robert-dyas-stainless-steel-24cm-non-stick-frypan

Got 6 pans inc 2 heavy large frying pans for about 80 a few months back. Often RD has sales on so I think we paid 68 + postage total.

100% no problems - recommend!
  • When I bought my hob, I noticed that Bosch recommended two brands which were very expensive, so contacted them and asked what else they suggested. They said that they were not able to officially endorse any others (they sold the brands named) but suggested any good pan provided that it was strongly magnetic , then went on to least some.

I read several threads on MSE before deciding to buy them.
  • Waterlily24
    Waterlily24 Posts: 1,328 Forumite
    I got a Cook's Essentials non stick milk pan and Ready Steady Cook Imperial pans plus some others that have a logo of a lot of the letter c inside each other. Circulon? All quite cheap I think, I've had them for a bout 6 years and all are good as new. All have glass lids with plastic? handles and have a steam escape hole.
  • Waterlily24
    Waterlily24 Posts: 1,328 Forumite
    I got a Cook's Essentials non stick milk pan and Ready Steady Cook Imperial pans plus some others that have a logo of a lot of the letter c inside each other. Circulon? All quite cheap I think, I've had them for a bout 6 years and all are good as new. All have glass lids with plastic? handles and have a steam escape hole.

Well, they aren't circulon, not sure what make they are.
  • The best stainless steel cookware has aluminum and copper cores sandwiched between the layers of steel on the inside and outside, which is a much better conductor of heat than the stainless steel itself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure