Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Indie Kid
    • By Indie Kid 6th Jan 14, 1:31 PM
    • 21,633Posts
    • 29,326Thanks
    Indie Kid
    Things that made you smile
    • 6th Jan 14, 1:31 PM
    Things that made you smile 6th Jan 14 at 1:31 PM
    We have a what's irritating you thread, and I think we need a thread for things that have made us smile, etc.

Me - well, we have a puppy who is now 8 months. I let her out this morning and was hoping to keep the door open for her to come in. But it was too windy. I was stood by the door waiting for her, expecting to see her come down the steps.

I then heard a tap at the door. She'd come down the steps, which I hadn't seen and tapped to be let in. She also taps to go out.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - 75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 80.25
Page 110
    • sweetme
    • By sweetme 20th May 17, 9:32 PM
    • 13,544 Posts
    • 46,733 Thanks
    sweetme
    Guess who's back, back again, Millwall's back.......

So please welcome the monster......
    Originally posted by uberalles
    Watched the game this afternoon. Delighted for you and enjoyed the fan exuberance at the end

Colin also delighted for The Toon! Hibs are up too! So there's three happy people
    • uberalles
    • By uberalles 21st May 17, 3:16 AM
    • 4,080 Posts
    • 8,460 Thanks
    uberalles
    Watched the game this afternoon. Delighted for you and enjoyed the fan exuberance at the end

Colin also delighted for The Toon! Hibs are up too! So there's three happy people
    Originally posted by sweetme
    Hello you. It's been a while, hope you are well and smiling

Thank you. And yes, I saw that Hibs walked that league this year, back where they belong. I bet you and the boys are chuffed.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 21st May 17, 11:57 AM
    • 51,289 Posts
    • 142,054 Thanks
    colinw

Originally posted by sweetme
    Yes Sarah let's not forget Hibs
    • sweetme
    • By sweetme 21st May 17, 12:41 PM
    • 13,544 Posts
    • 46,733 Thanks
    sweetme
    Hello you. It's been a while, hope you are well and smiling

Thank you. And yes, I saw that Hibs walked that league this year, back where they belong. I bet you and the boys are chuffed.
    Originally posted by uberalles
    I am well thanks, hope you are too?. There were some moments I wasn't sure we would but we did it! Great journey though.
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 21st May 17, 2:30 PM
    • 7,583 Posts
    • 21,666 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    I went off shopping with various "additions" to my shopping list & in a distinctly infanticidal mood. (I'll look up what yearning to slaughter both your first & second born is later.)

To my amused delight Mr.T's tinned maths sets were 50 pence more than the traditional Helix Oxford ones which had been R'ed TC, so I bought another three tins. (For the at least second time, but hey teenage boys...)
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 25th May 17, 12:07 PM
    • 13,703 Posts
    • 53,327 Thanks
    joansgirl
    Ants. Ants are awesome and, along with crocs/alligators and cockroaches, will inherit the earth

While lifting/straightening the slabs I uncovered 2 ants nests. Within seconds the ants had grabbed all the eggs and relocated them.

It's a shame I had to disturb them, the slabs were only up for a few minutes and then went back down in the same places. But it gave me a chance to watch some creatures with true community spirit
    • bushbaby1103
    • By bushbaby1103 25th May 17, 12:13 PM
    • 4,800 Posts
    • 7,782 Thanks
    bushbaby1103
    lol cats always make me smile.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 25th May 17, 12:21 PM
    • 34,202 Posts
    • 126,935 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Ants. Ants are awesome and, along with crocs/alligators and cockroaches, will inherit the earth

While lifting/straightening the slabs I uncovered 2 ants nests. Within seconds the ants had grabbed all the eggs and relocated them.

It's a shame I had to disturb them, the slabs were only up for a few minutes and then went back down in the same places. But it gave me a chance to watch some creatures with true community spirit
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    I agree. I love watching them beavering away. I hope some of it will rub off onto me!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom
    Founder Member: WIMPS ANONYMOUS
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 25th May 17, 12:39 PM
    • 1,532 Posts
    • 4,438 Thanks
    Izadora
    But it gave me a chance to watch some creatures with true community spirit
    Originally posted by joansgirl
    I remember learning at college that ants and bees are perfect examples of a eusocial society and watching them carry stuff has always fascinated me. Years ago I went to the Amazon and watching a massive group of leafcutter ants crossing a log over a stream was probably one of the highlights of my life.
    • joansgirl
    • By joansgirl 25th May 17, 12:45 PM
    • 13,703 Posts
    • 53,327 Thanks
    joansgirl
    I agree. I love watching them beavering away. I hope some of it will rub off onto me!
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    I remember learning at college that ants and bees are perfect examples of a eusocial society and watching them carry stuff has always fascinated me. Years ago I went to the Amazon and watching a massive group of leafcutter ants crossing a log over a stream was probably one of the highlights of my life.
    Originally posted by Izadora
    Nature never ceases to amaze me
    • Chris25
    • By Chris25 25th May 17, 1:14 PM
    • 12,776 Posts
    • 12,607 Thanks
    Chris25
    I watched a starling fly into my sun room this morning and take some jute from the rug. The same thing happened the other day but it was a pair of great tits and they kept flying in and out with full beaks. Think word has got around that Chris has good bedding
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 26th May 17, 4:00 PM
    • 3,452 Posts
    • 13,201 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    My pension fund rose by 2000 in the last year in spite of me taking an income from it
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 76.4
    Total so far - 1237.9
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 26th May 17, 5:59 PM
    • 34,202 Posts
    • 126,935 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I watched a starling fly into my sun room this morning and take some jute from the rug. The same thing happened the other day but it was a pair of great tits and they kept flying in and out with full beaks. Think word has got around that Chris has good bedding
    Originally posted by Chris25
    Time for a new rug?

You'll have to use your nest-egg!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 1st Jun 17, 8:58 PM
    • 3,452 Posts
    • 13,201 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Latest bonus on my endowment policy means that I am going to get more than half what was promised me originally

Definitely something to smile about considering for the last 10 years I have heard nothing but doom & gloom from the company and scare stories about being lucky if I got a third of the original figure.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Keep Moving in 2018 Challenge - Target 3333 miles
    This week - 76.4
    Total so far - 1237.9
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 1st Jun 17, 9:00 PM
    • 34,202 Posts
    • 126,935 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Originally posted by Izadora
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 1st Jun 17, 9:07 PM
    • 7,871 Posts
    • 12,217 Thanks
    Sleazy
    My pension fund rose by 2000 in the last year in spite of me taking an income from it
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Latest bonus on my endowment policy means that I am going to get more than half what was promised me originally

Definitely something to smile about considering for the last 10 years I have heard nothing but doom & gloom from the company and scare stories about being lucky if I got a third of the original figure.
    Originally posted by Wizard of Id
    Glad to see that you're counting your blessings
    I (usually) do whatever the little voices in my wife's head tell me to
    • horleyflyer
    • By horleyflyer 1st Jun 17, 10:14 PM
    • 2,373 Posts
    • 5,251 Thanks
    horleyflyer
    I'm excited to meet my first grand child this month! She is due on the 29th
    Girls do it better....
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 1st Jun 17, 10:16 PM
    • 7,583 Posts
    • 21,666 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Bought an already felted lambswool sweater in order to make a hat & mittens in really lovely wool with hours less nervous wear & tear!
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 2nd Jun 17, 6:42 PM
    • 7,583 Posts
    • 21,666 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Pulled by police & breathalysed en route to mother-in-law this morning. Part of an anti-drink driving push.

After the usual very careful driving whilst rifling through my conscience, the polite if somewhat grizzled officer explained & asked what had I had to drink in the previous 24-48 hours. "Tea!" Having got past the embarrassment of my age (that bit never makes the Police Interceptor TV stuff I note!), I diligently huffed into the pipe & sure enough, my claim to living a gruesomely wholesome lifestyle was substantiated.

Sent on our way with a charming smile, while offspring uttered squawks along the lines of "strewth" etc from the back...

The joy of living an innocent lifestyle is that these things are interesting & amusing.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 2nd Jun 17, 7:34 PM
    • 34,202 Posts
    • 126,935 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Pulled by police & breathalysed en route to mother-in-law this morning. Part of an anti-drink driving push.

After the usual very careful driving whilst rifling through my conscience, the polite if somewhat grizzled officer explained & asked what had I had to drink in the previous 24-48 hours. "Tea!" Having got past the embarrassment of my age (that bit never makes the Police Interceptor TV stuff I note!), I diligently huffed into the pipe & sure enough, my claim to living a gruesomely wholesome lifestyle was substantiated.

Sent on our way with a charming smile, while offspring uttered squawks along the lines of "strewth" etc from the back...

The joy of living an innocent lifestyle is that these things are interesting & amusing.
    Originally posted by DigForVictory
    Was it a random pull over, or were you infringing some sort of traffic rule?
    Just wondering whether they can just randomly pull people over?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,537Posts Today

6,254Users online

Martin's Twitter