Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • neneromanova
    • By neneromanova 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    • 2,909Posts
    • 6,893Thanks
    neneromanova
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!
    • 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!! 31st Dec 13 at 7:29 PM
    Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

Welcome to our Families' section under 12 weeks' pregnant club. It's a fantastic chat area started by forumite neneromanova several years ago and still going strong. Chat to other new mums-to-be about all things baby and parenting including, whether MoneySaving or not. Click "reply" below to join in the conversation and join the Forum.

Don't forget to read our Baby Checklist too for tons of tips on saving money when you have a littl'un on the way.

Back to the original thread...

-------

This is a continuation of This thread which will be closed due to it's length.

It's a thread that came from the very different needs of early pregnancy and is the springboard for the main MSE pregnancy thread here...

I've taken some of the thread 'starters' from the main thread including the be careful notice below... Please let me know if there's more that should be on this opening post. ps thanks to Courgette for starting the original thread.

Ladies also please remember the following rules

MEDICAL ADVICE

Sorry, giving or asking for medical advice is not permitted on this forum as it’s not what this site is about. While discussing medical insurance policies, cheaper ways to see consultants, cashback for alternative health treatments and how to get specific medication cheaper (legally) are all perfectly acceptable we ask you specifically not to discuss what to do in the event of certain medical problems (please see this rule on the Health Board). If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

PERSONAL DETAILS AND THE OFFERING OF ITEMS FOR SALE/TRADE/EXCHANGE/SWAP/GIFTS

Please refrain from requesting the exchange of personal details either on the forum, via PM or email; particularly for the purposes of selling/trading/exchanging/swapping or giving as gifts. This includes posting links to your ebay auctions, or other forms of advertising.

If someone appears to be selling items on the board it may be deleted by the board guides/forum team. The aim is to protect site users as however honourable the intention, your safety is paramount.

FREE TO JOIN BABY CLUBS:
    Its probably best to go to the main thread for these... all on the first page, thanks ticklepenny

Please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post). Now enjoy your pg natter

and lets hope all our little beans are sticky ones...

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 12-10-2017 at 2:31 PM.
    DD1 Born 31st March 2008
    DD2 Born 29th August 2010
    DS1 Born 28th October 2013
    Got Married 15th September 2012 Now Mrs Clark

Page 408
    • sam.4000
    • By sam.4000 9th Sep 18, 3:37 PM
    • 1,289 Posts
    • 5,660 Thanks
    sam.4000
    I don't actually know where to start, I am 7 weeks pregnant. To get this far I lost nearly 6 stone to be suitable for IVF. I have always wanted a child and was 40 in August, I knew I was running out of time. I went through the IVF procedure in July/ August. I only put one egg back in ( was offered 2 but did not want a multiple pregnancy) and it took. Even though 3 pregnancy tests came positive I did not really believe it. I had a scan last Thursday and this confirmed it. I am still so scared, I have wanted this for so long and to get pregnant after one round of IVF 4 days before my 40th birthday is a miracle. So why can't I relax. I am going for a nift test due to my age to make sure everything is right but don't think I am going to relax till I get to 12 weeks. I have now seen a midwife and being booked. Still very lost. Am I the only one to feel like this ?
    Last edited by sam.4000; 09-09-2018 at 7:41 PM.
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 9th Sep 18, 9:23 PM
    • 3,114 Posts
    • 3,067 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    I’m the same. Lost a bit of blood in mucus today (sorry if tmi) so that’s not helping or putting my mind at ease. I just want to hibernate for the next 5 weeks (even then can be worrying mind) to get it out the way. Feel sick with worry
    roll on end of April 2019 *16 done* = *24 to go*
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 9th Sep 18, 9:31 PM
    • 313 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    I think it is a very worrying time because you just want everything to be perfect and okay.

No matter how much we worry or stress, it will not change the course of our pregnancies. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do apart from sit and wait it out.

It’s important to try and remember to enjoy this journey too, as frightening as it is, it’s what we all want so let’s embrace it.

I had a miscarriage at 5 weeks and 4 days in May, I know how heartbreaking it is.
    I’m trying to be positive this time, and I do feel as though everything is going to be okay but it still worries me.
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 10th Sep 18, 3:41 PM
    • 313 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    I am so excited to ring the GP tomorrow to make my booking in appointment.
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 10th Sep 18, 4:22 PM
    • 313 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    I have just been called into the MD's office at my work and have been offered a massive promotion! i need to give them an answer by Thursday, i wasn't planning on telling work about my pregnancy until 12 weeks but feel i should really tell them before accepting the job... dilemma.
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 10th Sep 18, 4:33 PM
    • 345 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    Congrats. X
    • sam.4000
    • By sam.4000 10th Sep 18, 7:47 PM
    • 1,289 Posts
    • 5,660 Thanks
    sam.4000
    Congratulations happylassie, it's a hard one. For me I would keep quite but for me I owe work nothing. I seem to keep having work piled up on me currently and am happily keeping my mouth closed.
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 10th Sep 18, 8:55 PM
    • 313 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Thank you both
    I’m beaming from ear to ear, everything is falling into place.

I’m not sure what I’ll do, I will probably tell them just to start off on the right foot if nothing else. I wouldn’t be mentioning anything until 12 weeks if I wasn’t moving departments
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 11th Sep 18, 9:51 AM
    • 313 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    I have told my bosses about the pregnancy and they are absolutely fine and over the moon for me.

I have made my first appointment which is 3rd of October, i'll be 9 weeks and 1 day.
    I would have really liked it to be at 8 weeks so i could ask for an early scan.
    I'd like to check that everything is okay before the 12 week scan.
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 11th Sep 18, 12:54 PM
    • 3,114 Posts
    • 3,067 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    There’s private scans. One I was looking at was £59 for a 15 minute appointment but it sounds like you see the heartbeat and that’s pretty much it so I’m holding on for the 12 week or so scan unless something changes. I’ll be ringing docs Friday or Monday to get my appointment with the midwife so I bet we follow a similar path timescale wise
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 11th Sep 18, 2:49 PM
    • 313 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Yeah i have saw the private scans, it's £79 where I live.

We are going to book one for next Friday, i just want to see the heartbeat and know things are progressing how they should before we get to the 12 week scan.
    • dawyldthing
    • By dawyldthing 11th Sep 18, 6:50 PM
    • 3,114 Posts
    • 3,067 Thanks
    dawyldthing
    If your less than 8 weeks the heartbeat might not show up

https://www.babycenter.com/404_when-can-i-hear-my-babys-heartbeat_10349811.bc

As I know one lass on one of the other forums I’m on had one at 6 weeks 4 days and now has to go back in a fortnight
    • sam.4000
    • By sam.4000 11th Sep 18, 7:31 PM
    • 1,289 Posts
    • 5,660 Thanks
    sam.4000
    If your less than 8 weeks the heartbeat might not show up

https://www.babycenter.com/404_when-can-i-hear-my-babys-heartbeat_10349811.bc

As I know one lass on one of the other forums Iím on had one at 6 weeks 4 days and now has to go back in a fortnight
    Originally posted by dawyldthing
    I think I was lucky last week, I had a scan at 6w5d and saw the heart beat.
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 11th Sep 18, 7:48 PM
    • 313 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    I bet that was an amazing experience!

I’ll be 7 weeks and 3 days next Friday when we are hoping to go so I think I should be okay
    • sam.4000
    • By sam.4000 11th Sep 18, 7:59 PM
    • 1,289 Posts
    • 5,660 Thanks
    sam.4000
    I bet that was an amazing experience!

Iíll be 7 weeks and 3 days next Friday when we are hoping to go so I think I should be okay
    Originally posted by HappyLassie13
    A bit of a shock as I was not convinced I was pregnant. I have been extremely lucky considering the success rate figures for IVF at my age are low and only choosing to put back one egg rather than two. I do think it was for a reason and that it was meant to be. My mom is super excited as this will be her first grandchild and she is a midwife, I actually got booked by her friend on Saturday. My mom has already offered to do my washing to help which of course I don't need but a kind offer.
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 13th Sep 18, 9:22 AM
    • 313 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    It's brilliant for you Sam. Fingers crossed you have a boringly smooth remaining months of pregnancy until your beautiful bundle is fully cooked.

Its the same for my partner and I, all of our parents will have their very first grandchild which is very exciting!
    everyone just wants to help out where they can.

I am having a risk assessment done at work as with working in a factory (i'm in the office) there's a few things i can't do or go near. I wouldn't have thought about it.
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 15th Sep 18, 12:36 PM
    • 313 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    I’ve won a scan at a private clinic Window to the Womb on Monday and I cannot wait!!
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 15th Sep 18, 1:35 PM
    • 345 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    That’s great. How far will you be?
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 15th Sep 18, 3:46 PM
    • 313 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    6 weeks and 6 days
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 15th Sep 18, 3:46 PM
    • 345 Posts
    • 408 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    How exciting x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,882Posts Today

7,801Users online

Martin's Twitter