Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • neneromanova
    • By neneromanova 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    • 2,909Posts
    • 6,893Thanks
    neneromanova
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!
    • 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!! 31st Dec 13 at 7:29 PM
    Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

Welcome to our Families' section under 12 weeks' pregnant club. It's a fantastic chat area started by forumite neneromanova several years ago and still going strong. Chat to other new mums-to-be about all things baby and parenting including, whether MoneySaving or not. Click "reply" below to join in the conversation and join the Forum.

Don't forget to read our Baby Checklist too for tons of tips on saving money when you have a littl'un on the way.

Back to the original thread...

-------

This is a continuation of This thread which will be closed due to it's length.

It's a thread that came from the very different needs of early pregnancy and is the springboard for the main MSE pregnancy thread here...

I've taken some of the thread 'starters' from the main thread including the be careful notice below... Please let me know if there's more that should be on this opening post. ps thanks to Courgette for starting the original thread.

Ladies also please remember the following rules

MEDICAL ADVICE

Sorry, giving or asking for medical advice is not permitted on this forum as it’s not what this site is about. While discussing medical insurance policies, cheaper ways to see consultants, cashback for alternative health treatments and how to get specific medication cheaper (legally) are all perfectly acceptable we ask you specifically not to discuss what to do in the event of certain medical problems (please see this rule on the Health Board). If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

PERSONAL DETAILS AND THE OFFERING OF ITEMS FOR SALE/TRADE/EXCHANGE/SWAP/GIFTS

Please refrain from requesting the exchange of personal details either on the forum, via PM or email; particularly for the purposes of selling/trading/exchanging/swapping or giving as gifts. This includes posting links to your ebay auctions, or other forms of advertising.

If someone appears to be selling items on the board it may be deleted by the board guides/forum team. The aim is to protect site users as however honourable the intention, your safety is paramount.

FREE TO JOIN BABY CLUBS:
    Its probably best to go to the main thread for these... all on the first page, thanks ticklepenny

Please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post). Now enjoy your pg natter

and lets hope all our little beans are sticky ones...

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 12-10-2017 at 2:31 PM.
    DD1 Born 31st March 2008
    DD2 Born 29th August 2010
    DS1 Born 28th October 2013
    Got Married 15th September 2012 Now Mrs Clark

Page 398
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 25th Apr 18, 8:57 AM
    • 347 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    Hi.
    I.m back again.
    AF was due Sunday and around lunchtime when it hadn.t appeared I tested but never thought that it would be positive.
    We have been trying for 18 months since I had a MC.
    This will be my second pregnancy.
    I can.t quite believe it, even though five tests have told me so.
    Got my wedding dress fitting tomorrow so might have to get her to make sure it.s not too fitted but we get married in two months and I am only four weeks so hopefully it won!!!8217;t.t make a massive difference.
    • selement
    • By selement 25th Apr 18, 12:18 PM
    • 504 Posts
    • 1,936 Thanks
    selement
    Had dating scan today and I'm officially 11+5! Baby was very wriggly
    Trying to lose weight (13.5lb to go)
    • tasha-debt
    • By tasha-debt 26th Apr 18, 11:43 AM
    • 970 Posts
    • 2,020 Thanks
    tasha-debt
    Massive congratulations Munchkin84, it took us quite a while to pregnant after miscarriage too, we are now 10+2, I just want the next few weeks to pass so we can have a dating scan and move to the second trimester!

Exciting to have your wedding dress fitting!

Selement - How exciting to have your scan, is 11+5 where you thought you were?

I'm hoping that our 12 weeks scan appointment comes through soon, i cant wait to see our baby again. I'm also holding off buying any maternity clothes until after the scan, my wardrobe is very limited in whats comfy right now.

xx

Iím back and more determined than ever!!!!!
    • Toots14
    • By Toots14 26th Apr 18, 12:19 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 455 Thanks
    Toots14
    Was up at epu last week with bleeding and cramps but they scanned me and baby was fine. Wriggling about with a strong heartbeat and no obvious sign for the bleeding.

12 week scan is on 10th May. I should be 11w 6d then. We go on holiday the following day so hoping everything is okay.

Congrats munchkin, hope you have a happy healthy stress free 9 months.

Great to hear you had a good scan selement!
    • tasha-debt
    • By tasha-debt 26th Apr 18, 4:09 PM
    • 970 Posts
    • 2,020 Thanks
    tasha-debt
    That must of been scary Toots, very glad everything is okay!!!

Where are you going on holiday too? i would love a holiday!

Iím back and more determined than ever!!!!!
    • Toots14
    • By Toots14 10th May 18, 8:06 PM
    • 262 Posts
    • 455 Thanks
    Toots14
    12 week scan was perfect. Been given a due date of 23rd November. I'm 11w 6days.

We are off to Centre Parcs tasha. Our DD loves it so hopefully we get some good weather and can do some exploring!
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 11th May 18, 9:59 AM
    • 347 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    Does anyone have any migraine remedies?
    The prescription I would usually take are now off limits. Today is day three of it and I am meant to be at work tonight.
    • afoolandhermoney
    • By afoolandhermoney 11th May 18, 11:35 AM
    • 231 Posts
    • 316 Thanks
    afoolandhermoney
    oh munchkin, migraines suck don't they - paracetamol should be ok to take (although I know it will probably barely take the edge off a bad migraine). Only non-drug trick I can suggest that sometimes work for me is (weirdly) warming my feet up whilst keeping my head cooler, I noticed a while ago that my feet always feel like ice when I have a migraine.
    would recommend seeing a doctor and getting your blood pressure checked too (it goes all over in pregnancy and can give you a bad headache if it gets too high)
    Also - if its not getting better take some time off work and rest - you need to look after yourself and your little one most of all.
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 11th May 18, 11:37 AM
    • 347 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    Thank you.
    Yeah paracetamol is useless.
    I will try your idea thank you. It does feel a little easier. I might take tonight off work.
    • Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 11th May 18, 11:39 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Bosscout
    You can take Sumatriptan and some other triptans when pregnant - even first trimester (I had a consultant appointment today and we covered this.) BUT I would check with your own midwife first, just to be doubley safe. They can prescribe preventatives rather than medication to take when a migraine flares.
    Good luck.
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 12th May 18, 1:53 AM
    • 347 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    Thanks. My sumatriptans work like magic but I darent take them. Got told there is not enough evidence to say they are ok and I took a couple last time and had a MC. I am in no way saying that was the cause but I don!!!8217;t want to take them
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 12th May 18, 7:34 AM
    • 347 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    My migraine finally went and I went to work.
    Sounds stupid but the clarity I feel after a migraine is wonderful. Its so lovely to be able to see and not to feel like my eyes are going to fall out.
    Nausea is hanging around but I can live with that.
    This pregnancy feels different to the last.
    I didnt get any nausea last time so Im embracing feeling rubbish.
    But this baby is already grounded for making me feel pants. Hahaha.
    Have a good weekend all x
    • Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 12th May 18, 4:38 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    Bosscout
    I totally understand! I don't want to take them either. Luckily haven't needed to so far. I'm paranoid about taking anything at all.

I've seen a lot of other people using 'for-head' or whatever that stuff is you put onto your forehead, which I believe is safe for use too. But again, check with the pharmacist! And it might not do much for a migraine anyway. Still, something else to try, maybe.
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 12th May 18, 4:40 PM
    • 347 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    I use tiger balm which is similar, just a menthol and a headache balm but I guess I will have to ride them out. I will speak to the midwife when I see her. Thanks for everyones suggestions x
    • firebird082
    • By firebird082 18th May 18, 6:53 AM
    • 533 Posts
    • 440 Thanks
    firebird082
    Hello ladies!

It doesn't seem long since I was on here last (DD is almost 11 months), but we found out yesterday that number two is on it's way! Excited, but it was a bit of shock that it happened so quickly. I calculate to be 4+6 today, with a due date of 19th January (mind you, DD was induced at 42 weeks, so hoping this one doesn't want to be an Xmas baby!!).

Is anyone still managing the lists?
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 20th May 18, 7:07 PM
    • 313 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    Good evening all.
    I am gently dipping my toes into the group as we revived our BFP on a clearblue digital this morning. We are 4weeks and 2 days. I shall be ringing the doctors tomorrow just to let them know. It!!!8217;s all so surreal. It has not sunk in yet.
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 20th May 18, 7:09 PM
    • 347 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    I got mine four weeks ago and despite multiple tests, nausea, sore boobs and this ridiculous tiredness i still don.t believe it
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 21st May 18, 5:56 AM
    • 313 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    I have been so tired this past week and I can now blame it on this haha. But other than feeling tired, I have been cramping and I was sick on Saturday but felt fine afterwards - that is when I knew something was up. First time pregnancy so everything is brand new and worrying to me. I had a little amount of pink blood when I wiped this morning so my head went in to overdrive but I have calmed myself down.
    • HappyLassie13
    • By HappyLassie13 22nd May 18, 9:08 AM
    • 313 Posts
    • 625 Thanks
    HappyLassie13
    I had to take another test this morning just to prove to myself that their is a little seed growing nicely in my tummy. and of course there is. I'm trying to remain calm, cool and collect but i cannot help worrying.
    • Munchkin84
    • By Munchkin84 22nd May 18, 9:11 AM
    • 347 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    Munchkin84
    I.m the same.
    I have taken loads of tests.
    Have my booking in appointment Thursday and am debating booking an early scan.
    Had a MC at ten weeks last time but baby had stopped growing at six.
    My back is killing me today but I may have slept funny.
    Still feeling sick and got sore boobs so i.m taking that as good at the minute.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

175Posts Today

1,230Users online

Martin's Twitter