Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • neneromanova
    • By neneromanova 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    • 2,894Posts
    • 6,865Thanks
    neneromanova
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!!
    • 31st Dec 13, 7:29 PM
    Less than 12 weeks pregnant club! Part 4!! 31st Dec 13 at 7:29 PM
    Official MoneySavingExpert.com Insert:

Welcome to our Families' section under 12 weeks' pregnant club. It's a fantastic chat area started by forumite neneromanova several years ago and still going strong. Chat to other new mums-to-be about all things baby and parenting including, whether MoneySaving or not. Click "reply" below to join in the conversation and join the Forum.

Don't forget to read our Baby Checklist too for tons of tips on saving money when you have a littl'un on the way.

Back to the original thread...

-------

This is a continuation of This thread which will be closed due to it's length.

It's a thread that came from the very different needs of early pregnancy and is the springboard for the main MSE pregnancy thread here...

I've taken some of the thread 'starters' from the main thread including the be careful notice below... Please let me know if there's more that should be on this opening post. ps thanks to Courgette for starting the original thread.

Ladies also please remember the following rules

MEDICAL ADVICE

Sorry, giving or asking for medical advice is not permitted on this forum as it!!!8217;s not what this site is about. While discussing medical insurance policies, cheaper ways to see consultants, cashback for alternative health treatments and how to get specific medication cheaper (legally) are all perfectly acceptable we ask you specifically not to discuss what to do in the event of certain medical problems (please see this rule on the Health Board). If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

PERSONAL DETAILS AND THE OFFERING OF ITEMS FOR SALE/TRADE/EXCHANGE/SWAP/GIFTS

Please refrain from requesting the exchange of personal details either on the forum, via PM or email; particularly for the purposes of selling/trading/exchanging/swapping or giving as gifts. This includes posting links to your ebay auctions, or other forms of advertising.

If someone appears to be selling items on the board it may be deleted by the board guides/forum team. The aim is to protect site users as however honourable the intention, your safety is paramount.

FREE TO JOIN BABY CLUBS:
    Its probably best to go to the main thread for these... all on the first page, thanks ticklepenny

Please don't forget that this is a public forum and anyone could be reading it. Don't let this put you off discussing anything personal, just please be aware that the people posting on the thread may not be the only ones reading (it may just be that these people, aka lurkers, are too shy to post). Now enjoy your pg natter

and lets hope all our little beans are sticky ones...

This Forum tip was included in MoneySavingExpert.com's weekly email!
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 12-10-2017 at 2:31 PM.
    DD1 Born 31st March 2008
    DD2 Born 29th August 2010
    DS1 Born 28th October 2013
    Got Married 15th September 2012 Now Mrs Clark

Page 397
    • tasha-debt
    • By tasha-debt 11th Apr 18, 10:08 AM
    • 968 Posts
    • 2,013 Thanks
    tasha-debt
    Im getting so nervous for my scan tomorrow and my morning sickness is getting worse, it last all day!!!

Hope everyone else is good.
    x

I知 back and more determined than ever!!!!!
    • selement
    • By selement 11th Apr 18, 12:42 PM
    • 451 Posts
    • 1,904 Thanks
    selement
    I've been unwell had a uti suspected kidney infection because my side has been really painful .
    Having a scan today to make sure pain isn't related to baby
    Trying to lose weight (13.5lb to go)
    • tasha-debt
    • By tasha-debt 11th Apr 18, 3:10 PM
    • 968 Posts
    • 2,013 Thanks
    tasha-debt
    Hope you feel better soon Selement, hopefully just a course of anti-biotics is all you need.
    x

• selement
    • By selement 11th Apr 18, 4:22 PM
    • 451 Posts
    • 1,904 Thanks
    selement
    I'm on antibiotics and I am showing improvement so hopefilly.itll continue to settle.

Scan was good, measuring 9 weeks and they said they could see heart beating so that's all good
    • Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 11th Apr 18, 7:52 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Bosscout
    Glad the scan went well, Selement!

Tasha-debt - I'm really nervous about my scan next week too! Although it will be great to finally know I'm not somehow imagining all of this... Hope the all-day-sickness improves too.
    • tasha-debt
    • By tasha-debt 12th Apr 18, 11:55 AM
    • 968 Posts
    • 2,013 Thanks
    tasha-debt
    I had my scan today and we saw our little baby and the heartbeat, was an amazing and very emotional moment!!!

My sickness isn't as bad today either, I think stress makes it worse. I have my first midwife appointment on Monday which I am now excited about!!

Good luck for your scan Bosscout and I am glad you are feeling better selement!!

xxx

• Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 12th Apr 18, 8:17 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Bosscout
    I bet it was emotional, Tasha-debt! I'm fully expecting me and my partner both to cry at mine - although I'm terrified it will show something going wrong. (which would still make me cry for different reasons...)

Glad your morning sickness is better. Mine really comes and goes - I can go a week with nothing and then be sick as a dog. Sometimes it's kind of nice to feel terrible though, it makes it feel like something's really happening!
    • Toots14
    • By Toots14 17th Apr 18, 10:42 AM
    • 244 Posts
    • 435 Thanks
    Toots14
    That's great news tasha!

Had my booking in with midwife. Im on red pathway due to previous emergency section and all round horrendous labour. I'll see consultant about 20 weeks she thinks.

Now waiting for my 12 week scan date. We are on holiday right bang in middle on the 12 weeks.
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 17th Apr 18, 12:41 PM
    • 152 Posts
    • 381 Thanks
    NelliePie
    Hi All,
    May I join you?

I'm coming straight from the TTC forum. On Friday I got my first ever BFP - brilliant timing as it was the start of my hen weekend (I quickly learned to mix alcohol-free drinks to look like the cocktails we'd been making).

I'm currently 4 weeks and 3 days. I had the first visit to the doctor yesterday. I was told to see the midwife around week 8 but that is bam-smack in the middle of our honeymoon so I'm going at 6 weeks 3 days. I've not has much in the way of symptoms yet other than very mild cramps/discomfort, a break out and being more tired than usual.

Unlike joining the TTC thread where I lurked for a while before we started, I haven't gotten around to reading any of this thread yet so I'll jump in and take a nosey.

NP
    When life gives you lemons, find the tequila!
    FTB June '17 - 」144k. Feb '18 - 」141K
    • Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 17th Apr 18, 7:08 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Bosscout
    Welcome NelliePie! Congratulations on your BFP.

To be honest I'm new here myself...and also almost out the door again, I guess, as I think I'm about 11+4 today. Although first scan tomorrow, which will be more accurate, as I wasn't tracking or anything, so it's guesswork on my part!

Saw the midwife this morning for my booking... so much info to take in. I've already been referred for physio and a heart murmur too. Went for a scan last week on my heart, came out fine, but the ...bloomin' consultant I saw didn't do a report so they need to do it all again.

And please someone tell me that weeing in a tiny pot gets easier!!
    • selement
    • By selement 17th Apr 18, 7:56 PM
    • 451 Posts
    • 1,904 Thanks
    selement
    I've have weed in so many pots already! My left side pain is back but now negative for uti. Not much fun. I tiredness and sickness is bad enough but the pain is really hard to deal with
    • lazysheep
    • By lazysheep 17th Apr 18, 8:11 PM
    • 317 Posts
    • 3,642 Thanks
    lazysheep
    And please someone tell me that weeing in a tiny pot gets easier!!
    Originally posted by Bosscout
    I lurk on this thread as I've never posted here and I'm way past this point but this made me laugh I hate to be the bearer of bad news but as you get bigger you aren't as flexible as you may be now and you definitely can't see anything so it's all downhill! When I go to the midwife now she gives me a pot at the appointment before so I can do mine at home and I have to use a separate (bigger!) pot then transfer.. oh the glamour...
    • Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 17th Apr 18, 9:46 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Bosscout
    Selement, I'm so sorry you're in pain. I hope it gets better, whatever it is

LazySheep - luckily the antenatal clinic has baskets of pots on every flat surface, so I may pocket a few and do my wee-ing at home too! Whoever designed those teeny test-tube like pots didn't put much thought into it... I'm glad I'm not the only one though. (And yes, so much glamour, sitting around a waiting room with your own wee in your pocket )
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 18th Apr 18, 11:55 AM
    • 152 Posts
    • 381 Thanks
    NelliePie
    Other than weeing in small pots, BP and the usual health questions is there anything else I should expect from the first midwife appointment? I work in what is potentially quite a dangerous job - in a chemicals laboratory attached to a factory - so wanted to tell my boss at 12 weeks but need a letter from the midwife for this - will I be able to get one at this appointment?

I'm not cramping as much today but my lower belly does feel a but uncomfortable. I know it's early but we're going to tell our families this week (we'll see OH's parents brother and SIL tomorrow and my parents, brother and SIL on Friday). We decided that although it's early if anything we're to happen we'd need their support. We'll tell everyone else after 12 weeks. i know its quite personal but when did everyone else tell their families?

NP
    • Toots14
    • By Toots14 18th Apr 18, 12:56 PM
    • 244 Posts
    • 435 Thanks
    Toots14
    They will take a blood sample too Nellie.

I told my parents the day i found out, told DH parents at 6 weeks. I've told my boss and a couple close friends at work just so they know incase im not 100%. I've told my DD but she isn't even 2 yet so has no idea what I'm talking about but she says she'd like a brother...

Everyone else will be told after 12 week scan.
    • tasha-debt
    • By tasha-debt 18th Apr 18, 4:32 PM
    • 968 Posts
    • 2,013 Thanks
    tasha-debt
    Hi all,

I had my booking appointment on Monday, it was a lot of questions to go through, glad i took my Mum as she could tell them family history.

Our next appointment is the 12 week scan, cant not wait to see the baby again and once im passed this I hopefully will stop worrying about miscarriage as much.

My sickness is easing up a little bit, mornings are still horrible. I love the strawberry Gaviscon, they really settle my stomach etc.

Agree with weeing in pots, its so hard and very un-glamorous!

xx

• Bosscout
    • By Bosscout 19th Apr 18, 7:48 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    Bosscout
    So, had my scan today!

There was a baby (I was genuinely worried as I've really got off lightly with the whole fatigue/morning sickness etc! Just been sick a few times.)
    It seems fine. She managed to scan all the bits she needed to, even though she had to jiggle me really hard to get it to finally move to scan the head/brain (she said she might send me off for a wee, a walk and to get my bloods done to try and get it to move - then it finally moved just before she sent me away).
    I got my dates wrong, she put me at 13wks today (so I shouldn't be hanging around this board...) I thought I was 12wks tomorrow.
    Nuchal measurement thingy was normal, but obviously have to wait for bloods too to get a result on that. (Given I only gave my samples at booking in on Tues I was surprised they wanted more today! But they did.)
    And I nicked a wee-pot so I can wee in the comfort of my own home before my next appointment

OMG the gel though - I was covered in it by the end, somehow up my arms and everything. Still not quite as bad as my heart scan where I went on my own and for the life of me couldn't get it all off my back.

Nellie - we haven't told our parents yet! Just a couple of my close friends who've already had kids, for a bit of moral support. And I told my boss at 5 wks, because I'm a workshop manager and my entire life is chemicals, heavy lifting, fumes, welding, and all sorts of other things. He's been super nice about it all, and I just get to make everyone else do my undesirable jobs for me

We're planning to tell the parents over the May bank holiday, when we can see them all face to face.

Good luck everyone! I suppose I'll go find another board to join...
    • NelliePie
    • By NelliePie 20th Apr 18, 10:46 AM
    • 152 Posts
    • 381 Thanks
    NelliePie
    Bosscout thanks for sharing your experience, it's reassuring knowing what to expect. I'm glad you got all the bits you needed to and thanks for the head's up about the gel.

I've not really had much in the way of symptoms up until last night and today - Oh Gosh my nipples are so sore! Sorry if TMI but holy crap on a cracker and lots of expletives they f-ing kill! So much so that they're making my whole boobs and chest ache. Any advice ladies? But also its kind of nice having that constant reminder that yes they're sore but its because we're having a baby.

We couldn't wait any longer so we told OH's mum, dad, brother and SIL yesterday. They were definitely shocked - they expected that we would have children but didn't know that it would be right now. They were pleased as you can imagine. We'll be telling mine tonight.
    • tasha-debt
    • By tasha-debt 20th Apr 18, 10:58 AM
    • 968 Posts
    • 2,013 Thanks
    tasha-debt
    For sore nipples I have ended up putting cotton wool pads in my bra to protect them as I have no idea how but I seem to knock them all the time!!! It kinda helps a bit lol

• afoolandhermoney
    • By afoolandhermoney 20th Apr 18, 12:47 PM
    • 188 Posts
    • 303 Thanks
    afoolandhermoney
    Bosscout - congratulations. If you can find the 12-24 week thread I can stop talking to myself! - the gel got everywhere on me too, and doctors never seem to be happy with one blood test when they have a chance to take more!

Padded bras seem to have stopped the worst of the nipple soreness for me - though my boobs still ache and I think I need to start wearing a bra in bed.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

921Posts Today

7,191Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin