Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • clarryd
    • By clarryd 14th Dec 13, 8:59 AM
    • 609Posts
    • 915Thanks
    clarryd
    Yodel are so bad at deliveries
    • 14th Dec 13, 8:59 AM
    Yodel are so bad at deliveries 14th Dec 13 at 8:59 AM
    I am sitting fuming as I stayed in for a whole day (7am -9pm) waiting for a delivery that was next day urgent costing me 5.99 for the privilege of not getting anything to be told via an email at 9.22pm last night that I was to phone a mobile number as there was a problem with the delivery address.

After trying the mobile number about 50 times and every time being told that it has not been possible to connect your call - feel like I know the woman personally now on the automated speak.

I phone Yodel Peterborough this morning and have to wait until 9am to speak to anyone as they are closed until then. You would think that the customer services office would be open at 8am for problems, but oh no they open at 9am so another waisted hour and another hour for my temper to start rising.

I am the most polite person every but I do like the service that I have paid for.

I sent Yodel a email instructing them last night that I was going to charge them 6.50 per hour I waited and the total bill will be 91.00. so it will be interesting to see what they say.

Sports Direct should stop using them as they make them look really bad and I will never order anything from Sports Direct again.

This is my husbands birthday present which is today and now I have nothing to give him except a card - I feel really let down by both Yodel and Sports Direct.

You should get what you pay for - in my case next day delivery.

Page 1
  • fluffnutter
    • 14th Dec 13, 9:13 AM
    • 14th Dec 13, 9:13 AM
    That is indeed really shoddy. They don't have the greatest reputation it has to be said. Let us know what they say when you finally get through.
    "Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell" - Edward Abbey.
    • ilikethesimpsons
    • By ilikethesimpsons 14th Dec 13, 9:16 AM
    • 680 Posts
    • 940 Thanks
    ilikethesimpsons
    • 14th Dec 13, 9:16 AM
    • 14th Dec 13, 9:16 AM
    1 Yodel are rubbish.

2 Sports Direct are even worse, my hubby works there, and says it's chaos at this time of year. Only 84% of next day deliveries are leaving on time.

3 You were silly leaving it that late, at this time of year, order earlier next time.
  • fluffnutter
    • 14th Dec 13, 9:20 AM
    1 Yodel are rubbish.

2 Sports Direct are even worse, my hubby works there, and says it's chaos at this time of year. Only 84% of next day deliveries are leaving on time.

3 You were silly leaving it that late, at this time of year, order earlier next time.
    Originally posted by ilikethesimpsons
    Maybe in hindsight she'll order earlier next year but she paid for a specific service in good faith which says 'next day delivery'. IMO that's not the same as buying something with no specified delivery at a busy time of year and just hoping for the best. If they can't honour their commitments regarding a specified service they shouldn't advertise it as available.

It also sounds like there's a very particular problem - i.e. they can't find the address or it's been taken down incorrectly. In which case she should have been contacted sooner.
  • goater78
    They will not give you 91
  • frugal_mike
    • 14th Dec 13, 9:23 AM
    • 14th Dec 13, 9:23 AM
    I am sitting fuming as I stayed in for a whole day (7am -9pm) waiting for a delivery that was next day urgent costing me 5.99 for the privilege of not getting anything to be told via an email at 9.22pm last night that I was to phone a mobile number as there was a problem with the delivery address.

I sent Yodel a email instructing them last night that I was going to charge them 6.50 per hour I waited and the total bill will be 91.00. so it will be interesting to see what they say.
    Originally posted by clarryd
    Well until you find out what the problem with the delivery address is we probably can't help much. If you for example mis-typed the address then that would not be Yodel's fault. What address is on your order confirmation from Sports Direct? Is it correct?

As for charging them for your time (and assuming the problem was not your fault) then you can do that, but only for actual losses. You will certainly not get 91 back unless you would have been working for the whole 14 hours you were waiting! And if you took paid leave then you don't have any losses so will get nothing.

Oh, and you can't claim anything back from Yodel anyway because you have no contract with them. Your contract is with Sports Direct.

Edit: And thinking about it even more, you have no losses from yesterday because you expected to take that time off as part of the contract. Your losses (if you have any) will come from the subsequent delivery attempts.
    Last edited by frugal_mike; 14-12-2013 at 9:35 AM.
    • pmduk
    • By pmduk 14th Dec 13, 11:41 AM
    • 9,179 Posts
    • 6,876 Thanks
    pmduk
    • 14th Dec 13, 11:41 AM
    • 14th Dec 13, 11:41 AM
    Not only will you not get 91, you're unlikely to get an apology in my experience.

Don't forget, you have no contract with yodel
    • zaax
    • By zaax 14th Dec 13, 12:26 PM
    • 1,844 Posts
    • 733 Thanks
    zaax
    • 14th Dec 13, 12:26 PM
    • 14th Dec 13, 12:26 PM
    sportsdirect - that your problem right there. Try you get your money back (moneyclaim online) and shop else where
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
    • arcon5
    • By arcon5 14th Dec 13, 12:43 PM
    • 13,629 Posts
    • 8,640 Thanks
    arcon5
    • 14th Dec 13, 12:43 PM
    • 14th Dec 13, 12:43 PM
    sportsdirect - that your problem right there. Try you get your money back (moneyclaim online) and shop else where
    Originally posted by zaax
    Or maybe op can request a refund from SD first, before suggesting court action!
    • jaybeetoo
    • By jaybeetoo 14th Dec 13, 6:23 PM
    • 651 Posts
    • 324 Thanks
    jaybeetoo
    I've stopped recycling my Nespresso capsules because they use Yodel and each time they get it wrong and it turns into a big hassle. The last time the capsules were left in the correct bag on my doorstep and Yodel pushed a card through the door to say they couldn't find them! I can only think firms use Yodel because they are cheap. They don't consider the damage it does to their reputation. I complained to Nespresso and they couldn't give a monkeys.
  • Twisted Cherry
    Waited in all day today for a Yodel delivery, this is the 3rd time now... Not ventured out, (again!) and finally at 19:20 there website updates with:

Returned to local service centre 14th Dec 2013 17:17

Sigh!

This is a tiny parcel from eBay, if I would have known the seller used Yodel I would not have ordered from him... Not waiting again, it can be returned now for all I care, I'll eventually get a refund from PayPal!

BTW, Why don't they have a contact form on there website? You have to phone and be kept hanging on forever... Crap customer service, this company should just give up!
    • POPPYOSCAR
    • By POPPYOSCAR 16th Dec 13, 9:00 PM
    • 11,470 Posts
    • 24,733 Thanks
    POPPYOSCAR
    Waited in all day today for a Yodel delivery, this is the 3rd time now... Not ventured out, (again!) and finally at 19:20 there website updates with:

Returned to local service centre 14th Dec 2013 17:17

Sigh!

This is a tiny parcel from eBay, if I would have known the seller used Yodel I would not have ordered from him... Not waiting again, it can be returned now for all I care, I'll eventually get a refund from PayPal!

BTW, Why don't they have a contact form on there website? You have to phone and be kept hanging on forever... Crap customer service, this company should just give up!
    Originally posted by Twisted Cherry

Because they would not be able to cope with the complaints!

I have had the same today. Been at home all day so have the family as they are all ill.

Yodel sent email to say they have tried to deliver and not in. Such liars time after time.

I would like to contact them by email just to say what a bunch of useless liars they are!
  • Twisted Cherry
    Because they would not be able to cope with the complaints!

I have had the same today. Been at home all day so have the family as they are all ill.

Yodel sent email to say they have tried to deliver and not in. Such liars time after time.

I would like to contact them by email just to say what a bunch of useless liars they are!
    Originally posted by POPPYOSCAR

I am sat here waiting on this parcel again after re-arranging delivery for today online. I also phoned and spoke to someone called David yesterday who was very polite and apologetic (0800 157 7777 - Press 5 to speak to a human being!) he told me it was down for delivery tomorrow, but he could NOT explain why it never turned up on Saturday as requested... same old same old with YODEL!

The website does not seem to update today to tell me my parcel is with the courier... I called again and spoke to Adam, who said it might or might not be with the driver, it's really of case of waiting in to see if it turns up - FANTASTIC!

If it fails to show tomorrow, I shall request to collect it from the depot some 17 miles away, as someone who does not drive I will be relying on someone else to take me, and rest assure I shall be billing YODEL for the expense! If they refuse to cover costs incurred, I shall take them to the Small Claims Court!

I would have a long rant on FB, but I suspect I'll upset a family member who just so happens to work as a manager for YODEL!!!
    • bod1467
    • By bod1467 17th Dec 13, 1:27 PM
    • 14,794 Posts
    • 13,463 Thanks
    bod1467
    Good luck with that. YOU HAVE NO CONTRACT WITH YODEL!

You should be directing all your ire towards the retailer. And it is THEM you would need to sue.
    • mattyprice4004
    • By mattyprice4004 17th Dec 13, 1:45 PM
    • 3,734 Posts
    • 3,226 Thanks
    mattyprice4004
    Charging Yodel 91? Let me know how that goes...!
    You have no contract with them. It'd be like you walking up to someone in the street and demanding 91, they're nothing to do with you.
  • Twisted Cherry
    Good luck with that. YOU HAVE NO CONTRACT WITH YODEL!

You should be directing all your ire towards the retailer. And it is THEM you would need to sue.
    Originally posted by bod1467

Rubbish... If I knew what retailer it was I would talk to them, but I have no idea who it is... and Yodel can't tell me.

YODEL have promised to deliver on three occasions, THREE different people in there call centre have told different stories. Now the latest one is, when I update and make a request online it does not go through there system there is a fault with there IT system.

Incompetence does not even come close when dealing with this company!

I have a contract with YODEL when I am waiting for promised deliveries and they fail to load the van three times in a row and admit there is a fault with there IT system!
    • halibut2209
    • By halibut2209 17th Dec 13, 3:53 PM
    • 4,011 Posts
    • 4,399 Thanks
    halibut2209
    Rubbish... If I knew what retailer it was I would talk to them, but I have no idea who it is... and Yodel can't tell me.
    The retailer is whomever you bought the item from. I suspect you do know who they are really
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • fluffnutter
    Huh? Of course you know who the seller is. You yourself state "if I would have known the seller used Yodel I would not have ordered from him'. So go back to 'him' whoever he is.

Incidentally, it's not rubbish at all. Yodel aren't acting on your behalf (as mentioned numerous other times already), they're acting on the seller's behalf. You complain to the seller (whom you have the contract with), they take it up with Yodel. You have no right of redress directly with the courier.
  • Twisted Cherry
    Huh? Of course you know who the seller is. You yourself state "if I would have known the seller used Yodel I would not have ordered from him'. So go back to 'him' whoever he is.

Incidentally, it's not rubbish at all. Yodel aren't acting on your behalf (as mentioned numerous other times already), they're acting on the seller's behalf. You complain to the seller (whom you have the contract with), they take it up with Yodel. You have no right of redress directly with the courier.
    Originally posted by fluffnutter
    I initially thought the item was from eBay, I was wrong the seller there told me the item was sent with Royal Mail and that turned up yesterday!

I truly had no idea where this item was from, that was until I just did a 33 mile round trip to the Yodel Depot to get the parcel. I am now aware it was from Studio catalogue and was for items that are apparently still with a Hermes Courier at there hub on 11/12/13 after being returned back to Studio because I was not in on the three occasions they tried to deliver... So either I have two parcels or one is stuck in the system with Hermes whilst Yodel try to deliver it...

I was under the impression Yodel and Hermes were not connected in anyway!

Initial order placed on 25/10 with Studio, item never arrived, no cards, no emails to say despatched, it was eventually credited back to my account showing as 'returned' although according to Yodel it's still with them!

A second order was placed and despatched on 23/11... this one according to Hermes was 'attempted delivery' three times. However it seems it was never with Hermes it was in fact with Yodel, so how on earth do you explain that one!

Hermes

Yodel

How on earth do you explain the same parcel being with two different couriers AT two different times!

I've now told the depot to return it back to Studio, no good to me three weeks after I order it!

All this go to the person you bought it from is just rubbish. Yodel are a company, they should deal with complaints, and lets face it I have been on wild goose chase dealing with them for the past week, waiting in for promised delivers that never materialised. Customer services staff blaming 'IT' systems is rubbish, Yodel have a bad reputation, they are crap, and always have been, the only way to improve there service is to go quit being a courier altogether.

For the record I am not a 'disgruntled' customer, I am in fact someone who once worked for Shop Direct and even 12 years ago people would complain about White Arrow / HDNL... So nothing has changed and it's unlikely to ever change.

Yes you can partly blame Studio for not sending an email telling me when an item was despatched... but in this instant I HAD made arrangements with YODEL to be in for three different days, and each time they failed to deliver!
  • Twisted Cherry
    The retailer is whomever you bought the item from. I suspect you do know who they are really
    Originally posted by halibut2209

See above post... I didn't!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,241Posts Today

8,384Users online

Martin's Twitter