Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 10th Nov 13, 5:35 PM
    • 61,515Posts
    • 74,398Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    NEWBIES!!! [Sticky Thread Comments Archive]
    • 10th Nov 13, 5:35 PM
    NEWBIES!!! [Sticky Thread Comments Archive] 10th Nov 13 at 5:35 PM
    PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN ARCHIVE THREAD
    WHERE COMMENTS HAVE BEEN MOVED FROM THIS STICKY:

NEWBIES!!! HAVE YOU GOT A PRIVATE PARKING TICKET?**READ THIS FIRST**!! Thankyou!!!!

PLEASE DO NOT ASK YOUR QUESTION HERE.

IF YOUR QUESTIONS ARE NOT ANSWERED ALREADY ON THE STICKY THREADS,
    PLEASE NO PRIVATE MESSAGES, JUST START YOUR OWN NEW THREAD.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 01-12-2013 at 7:47 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Page 16
    • pauliy
    • By pauliy 20th Feb 18, 4:07 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    pauliy
    regarding the letter template how do i send it to my parking charge?
    on their website appeal page theres nowhere to send it, the whole appeal page is pre set with certain fields and drop down menus
    • waamo
    • By waamo 20th Feb 18, 4:15 PM
    • 4,199 Posts
    • 5,508 Thanks
    waamo
    This thread is for general information only.

Please do not post questions about your parking tickets in this thread.

For personalised help and guidance from our wonderful forum regulars (for free ) please start your own thread by clicking on this blue button:

Any posts made here will be archived to this thread.
    Originally posted by Crabman
    For those who failed to see it.
    This space for hire.
    • Berrimanilow
    • By Berrimanilow 28th Feb 18, 8:09 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Berrimanilow
    Already appealed and acknowledged I was the driver
    Hi,

I recently had a windscreen PCN parking fine from an IPC accredited company. Before I found this thread i appealed and admitted i was the driver (now i realise that was a mistake..). My defence was based on the fact that there was a sign that says charges may be waived for genuine customers of tenants (which i was). They have now replied and rejected the appeal and I'm not sure what my next move should be. Any advice on what to do next would be much appreciated?

Many thanks

T
    • waamo
    • By waamo 28th Feb 18, 8:20 PM
    • 4,199 Posts
    • 5,508 Thanks
    waamo

For personalised help and guidance from our wonderful forum regulars (for free ) please start your own thread by clicking on this blue button:

You have missed this post that is quoted multiple times in this thread.
    This space for hire.
    • Samajane2009
    • By Samajane2009 5th Mar 18, 11:05 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Samajane2009
    PLEASE PLEASE can someone advise me with what to do. I received a PCN parking charge in January which was for £60. I parked in a staff parking area on an NHS site as I had an appointment. Iím a single mum and I had to bring my 3 year old son along with me. I arrived early due to the parking issue and there were no spaces available. At the back of the medical centre there are building world being completed and the building contractors had used some spaces and also whilst I was waiting for a space I saw people park up and walk to the shops near by. All the surrounding streets are for resident permit holders only. I was going to be late and my son who is being toilet trained desperately needed the toilet so I thought I had no other option but to use the staff parking. As Iím a NHS staff nurse Iím fully aware of the parking issues and I had my NHS staff parking permit holder stuck to my windscreen. When I hit back to the car I found the ticket. I appealed and I put the reasons for parking in the staff parking area and I lost the appeal and now have to pay £100. So I got I touch with my local MP and he wrote a letter with reasons I should be granted the appeal. I also did I wanted to Re-appeal and the email stated Iíd receive a letter with how to do the but Iíve not yet received a letter. However last Thursday I received a letter from a company called UCS which is a dept collector and the letter stated I now have to pay £160 as a further £60 was added for administration. So on Friday I called the company to explain Iíve not received the letter and that Iíd got in touch with the MP whoís sent a letter to PCN, the man I spoke to was extremely rude and he upset me to the point I was crying at work. I told him he was upsetting me and that I wanted to speak to his supervisor which I couldnít speak to as she was on another call and so she would call me back today, Iíve not received a call as yet. He also said no letter from the MP had been received, which I got in touch with the MP again and he Re-sent the original letter with reasons I shouldnít have to pay the fine. Please can someone advise me with what to do? Any help/ advice would be greatfully received
    Thank you

Sam
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 5th Mar 18, 11:15 AM
    • 37,391 Posts
    • 84,262 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Samajane, please read the post immediately above yours.

If you want help, you must read the NEWBIES then start your on thread where you will get bespoke help, not post on this thread which is for information only.

Delete the text above and replace it with, wrong thread.

When you start your own thread, please press enter occasionally and break that wall of text up into paragraphs, and don't say who did what. Only refer to The Keeper and The Driver, who are two different people.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 05-03-2018 at 11:18 AM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 22nd Mar 18, 7:55 AM
    • 8,989 Posts
    • 13,856 Thanks
    trisontana
    Hello, I have read through your thread and many posts and I am undecided where to go with this one.
    I just receive a Parking Notice Reminder (19/3), yet I have not received any NTK.
    I am infuriated because at the time of the alleged incident, a ticket was bought and displayed in the windscreen of the vehicle . There should be a log of the vehicle registration in the ticket machine! The ticket has long ago been thrown away (never again!)

Here are the particulars:
    Date of incident: 21/02
    Date of notice: 19/03
    CP Plus/Crown Wharf, WS2 8LL

The letter states an NTK was sent on 01/03 which is BS.

Can you advise please? I am reluctant to compalin on the basis that a ticket was bought because that would give away the drivers details. Or would they have anything to worry about?

Kind Regards
    Originally posted by fisherp123

For personalised help and guidance from our wonderful forum regulars (for free) please start your own thread by clicking on the blue button.

What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • fisherp123
    • By fisherp123 22nd Mar 18, 8:25 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    fisherp123
    my apologies.
    I have re-posted here
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74058172&posted=1#post74058172

I am trying to remove original incorrectly placed post but struggling to...
    • Flyawaypaul
    • By Flyawaypaul 22nd Mar 18, 9:21 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Flyawaypaul
    Hello

Thank you for your help. I have copied the template appeal to a BPA registered company into an email ready to go. Am I correct in saying that this post suggests I should I include my postal address at the bottom of the email? If so, why?
    • waamo
    • By waamo 22nd Mar 18, 9:23 PM
    • 4,199 Posts
    • 5,508 Thanks
    waamo

You appear to have missed this bit of advice.
    This space for hire.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 31st Mar 18, 3:05 PM
    • 60,835 Posts
    • 43,408 Thanks
    soolin
    Hopefully I have now managed to move the posts to the correct archive thread.

Thank you to the regulars for your continued work and effort in dealing with these companies.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • kpear
    • By kpear 13th Apr 18, 12:59 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kpear
    help! 2 rejected appeals and now threatening letters
    Hi,

I recently had a windscreen PCN parking fine from an IPC accredited company. Before I found this thread i appealed and admitted i was the driver (now i realise that was a mistake..). My defence was based on the fact that there was a sign that says charges may be waived for genuine customers of tenants (which i was). They have now replied and rejected the appeal and I'm not sure what my next move should be. Any advice on what to do next would be much appreciated?

Many thanks

T
    Originally posted by Berrimanilow
    Hi,

Did you get a response about this? I am new to the forum so cannot find how to read the replies. I got a parking ticket from Britannia Parking this time last year. Genuine mistake and did my best to pay. Was in a rush and thought you paid when returning to the car - wasn't the case, rang and tried to pay on the spot, emailed the company and they advised me to appeal if I received a fine. Appealed the ticket and was rejected, appealed to POPLA and was rejected (admitted I was driver) - wish I read these posts first! Now receiving letters from Debt Recovery company demanding £160!!! any help would be appreciated. I have looked though the archived posts and cant find anything similar to this.

Thanks,
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 13th Apr 18, 1:06 PM
    • 3,429 Posts
    • 4,260 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    Start your own thread, and realise this is shockingly enough NOT the place to ask questions about posters who havent been here in a long time.

Have you read the newbies thread yet? Because shockingly its tailor made for newbies....
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 13th Apr 18, 1:08 PM
    • 37,270 Posts
    • 21,430 Thanks
    Quentin
    @kpear
    PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN ARCHIVE THREAD
    WHERE COMMENTS HAVE BEEN MOVED FROM THIS STICKY:

NEWBIES!!! HAVE YOU GOT A PRIVATE PARKING TICKET?**READ THIS FIRST**!! Thankyou!!!!

PLEASE DO NOT ASK YOUR QUESTION HERE.

IF YOUR QUESTIONS ARE NOT ANSWERED ALREADY ON THE STICKY THREADS,
    PLEASE NO PRIVATE MESSAGES, JUST START YOUR OWN NEW THREAD.
    Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    You missed this post
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 13th Apr 18, 2:58 PM
    • 19,400 Posts
    • 30,648 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I often wonder why those huge private parking signs and their contents are so frequently ignored. Then up pops another post here .....!
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Marius Titulescu
    • By Marius Titulescu 24th Apr 18, 7:52 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Marius Titulescu
    Thanks for sharing! Hope I never get one, but it's good to know how to resolve it.
    • m149065
    • By m149065 24th Apr 18, 10:36 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    m149065
    NTK 14 day limit
    I notice that for postal NTK's they must arrive within 14 days following the day after the offence? Looking at the link to the legal document it does say that in the event of a postal notification it shall be deemed to have been delivered within 2 WORKING (not weekends) days of posting unless proven otherwise. I had one from CEL which arrived on a Tuesday being day 15 after the event and have appealed based on this as your site did not clarify this point. Am I likely to win this argument at POPLA who have the appeal now? I am concerned I may have missed the boat for paying a lesser fee
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 24th Apr 18, 10:39 AM
    • 19,400 Posts
    • 30,648 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    I notice that for postal NTK's they must arrive within 14 days following the day after the offence? Looking at the link to the legal document it does say that in the event of a postal notification it shall be deemed to have been delivered within 2 WORKING (not weekends) days of posting unless proven otherwise. I had one from CEL which arrived on a Tuesday being day 15 after the event and have appealed based on this as your site did not clarify this point. Am I likely to win this argument at POPLA who have the appeal now? I am concerned I may have missed the boat for paying a lesser fee
    Originally posted by m149065
    Have you read post #6 above? It's in quite big letters.
    The fact that I have commented on your thread does not mean I have become your personal adviser. A long list of subsequent questions addressed for my personal attention is unlikely to receive a reply.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 24th Apr 18, 10:45 AM
    • 8,870 Posts
    • 9,223 Thanks
    pogofish
    I notice that for postal NTK's they must arrive within 14 days following the day after the offence?
    Originally posted by m149065
    This is an info-thread and MSE don't issue parking tickets, so why on earth are you posting here..?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Apr 18, 11:42 AM
    • 61,515 Posts
    • 74,398 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yawn, why look at the DATE of a non POFA NTK. Who cares about the date?

Look at the wording! It's not capable of holding a keeper liable ANYWAY even if sent earlier.

How many times do people post about the irrelevant 14 days, re a non POFA Notice...
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,468Posts Today

8,225Users online

Martin's Twitter