Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    the why bird
    Elf Day - Inexpensive Acts of Kindness
    • 20th Nov 13, 3:57 PM
    Elf Day - Inexpensive Acts of Kindness 20th Nov 13 at 3:57 PM
    I'm starting a new tradition this year with my tot - Elf Day!

The idea is to spend the whole day acting as Christmas Elves by doing random acts of kindness for people. We're going to give out or leave little cards saying 'you've been elfed!' along with our mischief. (We had fun doing something similar in summer but this seems ideal to fit into the Christmas preparations)

Can anyone give me some inexpensive suggestions for acts of kindness that you'd enjoy receiving?

Last time we did:
    Put coins in the sweet/toy dispensers in the mall
    Left picture books (wrapped in cellophane to protect them) on the kiddie rides outside the supermarket
    Left little bottles of bubbles and packets of seeds with plastic plant pots on the play area in the park
    Bought a sandwich and a coffee for the Big Issue seller
    Left a small pack of nappies and a pack of wipes in the baby change in the shopping centre
    Send mail to Post Pals
    Gave home-made treats to the neighbours and the postman

I'd love to add some new things, if anyone can suggest anything?
Page 1
    • minimacka
    • By minimacka 20th Nov 13, 4:07 PM
    • 775 Posts
    • 1,629 Thanks
    minimacka
    • 20th Nov 13, 4:07 PM
    • 20th Nov 13, 4:07 PM
    If you google R.A.C's (random acts of kindness) there are lots of ideas out there, Its more an American thing than a UK one but there might be similar things that you can do, One thing i have read it that they buy a coffee for the next person in a Starbucks/Costa restaurant, you could do the same in Mc D's.

It is a lovely idea that you are doing and im sure you will find lots of things to do.

x
    • tanyasharma
    • By tanyasharma 20th Nov 13, 4:28 PM
    • 197 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    tanyasharma
    • 20th Nov 13, 4:28 PM
    • 20th Nov 13, 4:28 PM
    Wow, what a lovely idea!It's my 30th birthday on Boxing Day and I feel like I want to do something for others as well as myself so might be joining you!
    What day are you doing it?
  • the why bird
    • 20th Nov 13, 6:12 PM
    • 20th Nov 13, 6:12 PM
    Thanks!

We're probably going to do it in the week before Christmas, to give me time to prepare any little trinkets we need or to collect change.

Doing it as a birthday celebration sounds so sweet.

Will definitely google R.A.Ks thank you.
    • IrishRose12
    • By IrishRose12 20th Nov 13, 6:42 PM
    • 1,508 Posts
    • 6,538 Thanks
    IrishRose12
    • 20th Nov 13, 6:42 PM
    • 20th Nov 13, 6:42 PM
    Love the fact you sent post to some Post Pals I also send post to PAls there
  • PoppyGirl
    • 21st Nov 13, 3:21 PM
    • 21st Nov 13, 3:21 PM
    Could you make up small posies of flowers and hand them out to people you see at bus stops etc?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

384Posts Today

3,009Users online

Martin's Twitter