Me too!
    MWCx
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • Gosh I have missed a lot!
    Me too!
    MWCx

Well, I don't want it to get too boring, talking about money matters...
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Tomorrow:
    -cheerleading
    -go to work for colleague's last day before she starts maternity leave
    -before work, go to town and look for: socks + vests for dd, a hairband. All to get my steps up!
    -bunnies
    -sort out bag from last Cmas fair and see what needs making
    -trim lavender
    -mow
    -dd's friend to play after school
    -plan next week's meals (oh Tilly, you must roll your eyes at me - I'm so rubbish at meal planning!)
    -plan October's spends: 2+ weeks at work, 4 days off without dd, 6 days off with dd
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,669
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Tomorrow:

-plan next week's meals (oh Tilly, you must roll your eyes at me - I'm so rubbish at meal planning!)
    -plan October's spends: 2+ weeks at work, 4 days off without dd, 6 days off with dd

I can make you look mega organised re: menu planning, apple - I plan max 24 hours in advance - although my usual plan if organised is to think about that evening's dinner whilst deciding what to have for lunch!!:rotfl::p

xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • greent wrote: »
    I can make you look mega organised re: menu planning, apple - I plan max 24 hours in advance - although my usual plan if organised is to think about that evening's dinner whilst deciding what to have for lunch!!:rotfl::p

xx

That far in advance...?!
  • The day started well, and dd went happily to cheerleading. Dss is in all day so I'm glad I'd made plans to get out a bit.

Had a successful shopping experience. Primarni yielded up Cmas pjs and a dressing gown for dd's Cmas eve hamper, school socks, some vests and 3x hair accessories in her school colours. Total: £20.40

Then just 1 charity shop where I found more socks (new from m+s) for 25p pair = 4 pairs, 4 books for dd's advent book calendar, and 2 tops for her to grow into (she loves looking in the 'grow into' box!) All for £3.49.

Another 99p on a pret coffee and I sat on a bench in the sunshine to chill and along came a colleague who has very recently changed jobs - it was such a pleasure to see her and that she is happier. Well worth sitting there with no fixed plan!

Saw pregnant colleague and gave her a bunny.

I tipped out the Cmas decs bag for selling before I knew dss would be around, so that is still all spread out on our bed.

May go and trim lavender - tis only a short job as I only planted the 4 bushes this year - and mow the front. The back needs longer to dry out from the dew.

Then I'll consider some meal plans... The food budget is 200, but it would be nice to get it down... AGCJ here I come!

October needs to have all spends documented - I know, why do I not already do this???? It's just that Sept has been such a spendy month and I haven't kept all the receipts or noted the breakdown of all the spends.
  • Lavender and mowing both done.

Dough made and a first attempt at turning it into 1) chocolate plait thingies (I know these are really made with pastry...) and 2) cheese rolls. If dd turns her nose up, then dh can munch them up.

I've re-attached the name tags on the russian stuffed dollies as I felt that the wool left too big a hole in the fabric. The wool is still in a bow through the hole in the tag, but the tags are sewn on. And once I've finished the next 4 bunnies, I shall start to name them too, and see where there are 'colour gaps' to fill.

October rough budget done, based on what I should have been paid rather than what they really paid me - just in case they want it back now instead of evening it all out in next month's pay packet. I have £32 spare. That is 0.32%. That's not a lot, really. Let's hope I have overestimated what I expect to pay out...

Dd and her little friend arrived home and went to wash the dollies' hair. They have been up there ever since and it is blissful!

Off to see if I can make something edible out of yesterdays abject failure of a meal. I gave up and dh had to make us ham and cheese omelettes instead...
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    October needs to have all spends documented - I know, why do I not already do this???? It's just that Sept has been such a spendy month and I haven't kept all the receipts or noted the breakdown of all the spends.
    I have done this for all September and am going to try to balance the books tomorrow, taking into account cash in hand and opening and closing balances. Will be good for a laugh I think :rotfl:.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,662
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    gallygirl wrote: »
    I have done this for all September and am going to try to balance the books tomorrow, taking into account cash in hand and opening and closing balances. Will be good for a laugh I think :rotfl:.

Hope it was more :j than :eek:.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback