Apple muncher's number crunching

Comments

• Well done on managing negotiations. X
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Thank you small! It was more about pinning dh down over things :D.

Have pointed both big kids towards this site - for anything and everything they need to research.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • apple_muncher
    Hmmm, today will be a slower day. Dd is STILL asleep! Although she only dropped off at 9.40 last night... Suspect it'll be another late one tonight then...

I was up at 6.15 and took my coffee back to bed to watch a little HUTH and knit. Then did a workout and washed up and put another coffee on.

Workout was my own invention using my 25lb sandbag. 4x: 10 clean and press; 10 each leg curtsey lunge; 5 squat jump. Only took 11 mins, but was sufficient!

However, yesterday I woke to a sore thumb - decided I must have slept funny. Anyhow, I managed to tweak it a few times in the day, mostly when swimming or carrying dd. Yes, it ached when I knitted, but not too much, so I kept on with it. It still ached this morning but I decided the workout was doable if I was careful. I only tweaked it a couple of times, but ouch! - with a 25lb sandbag it hurt. I may have to stop knitting for a while as it is now at the point of hurting even when I only stretch it to the space bar. D'oh!

Dd has just come downstairs so time to interract...
  • apple_muncher
    Twas a slow day indeed. But the buyer came to collect dh's ps1 and the parcelforce man also came, so fairly successful.

Discovered I could still knit, but kept it slow and have only finished 1 monster and made 1 doggy.

Kitchen space cleared for dss and told them to use up as much fresh stuff as they want when we are away. I'll take some with us, of course!

And I realised that the cottage we're going to doesn't have a washing machine - how did I miss that? So I've upped the quantities of things to wear. At least we are going in the car...
  • apple_muncher
    I paid dd's dance fees for next term, which meant I could then do a Tilly Tidy :D. Very near the s t r e t c h target for the month and all the money in my account is MINE :rotfl:. Dd doesn't want school milk, so a few pounds saved there.

Now need a quick think about holiday budget - can't simply let dh loose with his debit card, can I??
  • apple_muncher
    It is dh's birthday so I'm letting him have a lie-in! Dd has hidden some of his presents in her room and will be playing hot/cold with him to find them - whether he likes it or not!

We are off on holiday today - yippee! To the back of beyond, with dodgy wifi - boo. But there is a phone box down the road, so not totally cut off from civilisation...

Dd tried on her little walking boots and discovered they are too small, so she'll have to do her best in trainers. We have the OS map of the area and hope to do some walks, hire bikes, swim, explore. The forecast is dryish until weds/thurs.
  • Happy holidays and happy birthday Mr AM :)
    Mortgage at highest (April 2008): ~£195,000
    Mortgage-free: January 2021
    Retired: June 2022 (186 months early!)
  • apple_muncher
    We are arrived - took us 6 hours (ugh) but that included a 1+ hour stop at the services once we finally got off the lunnun ringroad.

Cottage is v small but rather nice. in the middle of moors and with somewhat dodgy internet at times. but the heating works, the walls are mega thick, and dh went to do the food shop and gets a gold star. The only thing he got 'wrong' was dark choc that 'may contain gluten' - he has come a lonnnnnnng way in his label reading!

Apart from packing, loading, driving and unpacking, I've not done a lot. dd and I went for a little explore whilst dh was out, but we'd left it quite late to go so didn't want to venture far in case he returned and couldn't get in.

Tomorrow, dd and dh may loiter round here, but I certainly plan to use the OS map and get out there for a couple of hours. You never know, I may even get my steps into 5 digits...!
  • Happy hols xxx
  • apple_muncher
    Awakw to glorious sunshine in the back of beyond. Dd slept well and is chirpy. Our bed is one where when one person moves, the whole thing moves, and dh is a wriggler(!) so it made me feel seasick!! Not a great night!

No fixed plans yet except that I want/need to go for a good tramp along some footpaths.

But first, breakfast. And another coffee - put milk in it by mistake, so need a black one to clear it out. Well, that's my excuse...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback