Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 18th Nov 13, 8:06 AM
    • 13,416Posts
    • 42,182Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Free Hot drink and cake every month @ John Lewis
    • 18th Nov 13, 8:06 AM
    0 WOW
    Free Hot drink and cake every month @ John Lewis 18th Nov 13 at 8:06 AM
    http://www.johnlewis.com/our-services/my-john-lewis

Sign up for a John Lewis membership card and you will be entitled to a free hot drink and cake every month in-store.

Membership also entitles you to exclusive rewards, competitions, and local events.

Please Note: allow approximately 14 days for the card to arrive in the post.
    Last edited by MSE Rhiannon; 13-02-2018 at 4:29 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 57
    • wacko15
    • By wacko15 7th Jun 18, 1:19 PM
    • 54 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    wacko15
    Just received two tea and cake vouchers (1 June - 31 Aug and 3 Sept - 31 Oct) plus a 50% off first cook well box. All 4 members of my household received the same, even though I shop at JL and they dont!

Certainly seem to be cutting back to 3 or 4 vouchers a year for most people, no matter if you spend or not!
    • marvin
    • By marvin 8th Jun 18, 9:09 PM
    • 2,100 Posts
    • 3,181 Thanks
    marvin
    We both got the same as above in our house they must have been missing us.
    I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left.
    • ketoned
    • By ketoned 14th Jun 18, 3:37 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ketoned
    Aww, assume no vegan cake so for me might have to be the free drink only!
    • Ziggy Stardust
    • By Ziggy Stardust 14th Jun 18, 3:39 PM
    • 1,403 Posts
    • 926 Thanks
    Ziggy Stardust
    I have seen dishes of fresh fruit there before now so fingers crossed they may have some for you
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 11th Sep 18, 11:30 AM
    • 6,791 Posts
    • 19,676 Thanks
    Doc N
    More vouchers received in the last few days.

Couple of free hot drink and cake vouchers per person for September and October plus various other bits and pieces of very little consequence.

Rarely ever use them these days though - the nearest JL is quite some way off and itís no longer worth the journey for their high prices and poor service.

I do wonder just how long they can keep going with falling sales and profits plus Amazon constantly outdoing them on price and customer service.

Another set of poor results due out this week. Sad to see it going this way but thereís a sense of inevitability about it all, just like House of Fraser and Debenhams.
    • pumpkin89
    • By pumpkin89 11th Sep 18, 11:49 AM
    • 185 Posts
    • 349 Thanks
    pumpkin89
    I do wonder just how long they can keep going with falling sales and profits plus Amazon constantly outdoing them on price and customer service.

Another set of poor results due out this week. Sad to see it going this way but thereís a sense of inevitability about it all, just like House of Fraser and Debenhams.
    Originally posted by Doc N
    I'm not sure this is true. Profits were massively down in their last financial year but sales were up - the poor profitability seems to be largely due to price-matching those competitors who are trying to survive by having permanent clearance events.

John Lewis also has a much better online operation than House of Fraser or Debenhams.
    • Ziggy Stardust
    • By Ziggy Stardust 11th Sep 18, 11:57 AM
    • 1,403 Posts
    • 926 Thanks
    Ziggy Stardust
    I'm not sure this is true. Profits were massively down in their last financial year but sales were up - the poor profitability seems to be largely due to price-matching those competitors who are trying to survive by having permanent clearance events.

John Lewis also has a much better online operation than House of Fraser or Debenhams.
    Originally posted by pumpkin89
    I agree with you, I will be sorry to see all the cosmetic discounts go if anything should happen to debenhams but JL is a completely different store who in my opinion have kept their stores a pleasant experience, I hate going to Debenhams it always seems to be a mishmash and not as easy to navigate as JL. I've nearly always found JL's customer service to be good with only a few exceptions. The only downside to my local JL is the parking charges and I'd rather have free parking than cake and coffee as that would allow me more time to browse and perhaps spend more .
    • Mee
    • By Mee 12th Sep 18, 12:00 PM
    • 1,133 Posts
    • 1,056 Thanks
    Mee
    Just received two tea and cake vouchers (1 June - 31 Aug and 3 Sept - 31 Oct) plus a 50% off first cook well box.
    Originally posted by wacko15
    Same here. Really didn't expect to receive anything given how much they've wasted on re-branding.
    Free thinker.
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 15th Sep 18, 9:21 AM
    • 1,808 Posts
    • 678 Thanks
    paul2louise
    Just got a set of 2 vouchers. 4th Sept - 9th Oct, 10th Oct - 31st oct
    Not sure be able to use first one as its only a couple weeks left on it.
    Can they be used in waitrose coffee shops. John Lewis is a bit of a trek to get to
    • marvin
    • By marvin 15th Sep 18, 2:44 PM
    • 2,100 Posts
    • 3,181 Thanks
    marvin
    Just got a set of 2 vouchers. 4th Sept - 9th Oct, 10th Oct - 31st oct
    Not sure be able to use first one as its only a couple weeks left on it.
    Can they be used in waitrose coffee shops. John Lewis is a bit of a trek to get to
    Originally posted by paul2louise
    No they cannot be used in Waitrose although owned by the same group they are separate companies with separate marketing and management structures.

It is never worth going far out of your way for a freebe as it stops it being free.
    I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left.
    • paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 15th Sep 18, 8:00 PM
    • 1,808 Posts
    • 678 Thanks
    paul2louise
    No they cannot be used in Waitrose although owned by the same group they are separate companies with separate marketing and management structures.

It is never worth going far out of your way for a freebe as it stops it being free.
    Originally posted by marvin
    I thought so. I used to make special trips when it was more of a novelty but now I only go if I am planning a trip into Nottingham. I have given them to friends before but they sometimes don't use them either. I would prefer less of them but longer expiry dates.
    • Mee
    • By Mee 16th Sep 18, 11:49 AM
    • 1,133 Posts
    • 1,056 Thanks
    Mee
    Though they have a gift card that can be used in either store. I would always ask as a one off request - give them the background - vouchers have arrived too late for you to use - ask if they could provide an email confirmation as a one off. Nothing lost by asking them.
    Last edited by Mee; 17-09-2018 at 4:42 PM. Reason: typo
    • AppleCrumble44
    • By AppleCrumble44 25th Oct 18, 9:11 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    AppleCrumble44
    Just found out about this and signed up! A bit of cake would be a nice treat
    • JadieH
    • By JadieH 27th Oct 18, 6:55 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 134 Thanks
    JadieH
    Aww, assume no vegan cake so for me might have to be the free drink only!
    Originally posted by ketoned
    I have seen and had vegan cake in there before! If you're not sure from the labels then just ask. Think it was a vegan chocolate cake I had
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

236Posts Today

2,700Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thank you to the team at the Westen eye hospital a&e. I scratched my eye ball in my sleep, then woke up with pain.? https://t.co/VJMwQfsRxv

• I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Follow Martin