Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 19th Jun 07, 6:27 PM
    • 1,874Posts
    • 6,140Thanks
    MSE Archna
    MoneySaving In The Media
    • 19th Jun 07, 6:27 PM
    MoneySaving In The Media 19th Jun 07 at 6:27 PM
    This thread is for discussing or adding your thoughts on MoneySaving In The Media.

Also of interest
    Last edited by Former MSE Andrea; 24-06-2007 at 1:47 PM. Reason: Alteration
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 1
    • Ecky-thump
    • By Ecky-thump 7th Nov 07, 3:39 PM
    • 119 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    Ecky-thump
    • 7th Nov 07, 3:39 PM
    • 7th Nov 07, 3:39 PM
    Hello, I just wanted to say that I always enjoy seeing and hearing Martin on the tv telling us where we are going wrong with our purchases and stuff, and the good advice he gives.

Now, having said all that, why, oh why, doesn't Martin have a programme all to himself? Not every week, not even regularly, but why not when there is a sensational savings to be made, as he has shown us in the past on the Tonight programme? I want him to have his own show!

The reason I am saying all this is because I am fed up of him being cut short by the media interviewers and presenters, just so they can waffle on about something quite unnecessary. Am I being awful? Maybe I am, but when Martin has been on I am not interested in the next item!

He should be allowed to explain everything without rushing to cram it all in, in the short time that they give him. It happens every time. Even the longer show with Sir Trevor McDonald that was on recently, he had to get through it quite quickly. It would be easier to absorb the information Martin gives if he was given more time. Thanks folks, rant over.

Ecky-thump
  • carol_a
    • 9th Jan 08, 8:39 AM
    • 9th Jan 08, 8:39 AM
    Well he has got his own show now but I won't be able to watch it unfortunately because we can't get Channel 5, not even with Freeview. I'll keep watching him on Lorraine though!
    • Kimberley
    • By Kimberley 9th Jan 08, 9:16 AM
    • 13,401 Posts
    • 20,357 Thanks
    Kimberley
    • 9th Jan 08, 9:16 AM
    • 9th Jan 08, 9:16 AM
    Well he has got his own show now but I won't be able to watch it unfortunately because we can't get Channel 5, not even with Freeview. I'll keep watching him on Lorraine though!
    Originally posted by carol_a
    I don't get channel five either and i have freeview, why is that? :confused:
  • carol_a
    • 13th Jan 08, 10:23 PM
    • 13th Jan 08, 10:23 PM
    I don't know, someone I know who lives 12 miles away gets it, bad reception here I suppose. The only people who can get it in this area are the ones with satellite dishes.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

276Posts Today

3,827Users online

Martin's Twitter