Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • penrhyn
    • By penrhyn 17th Jul 12, 9:09 AM
    • 15,007Posts
    • 8,056Thanks
    penrhyn
    NOW TV launched today
    • 17th Jul 12, 9:09 AM
    NOW TV launched today 17th Jul 12 at 9:09 AM
    Sky's IPTV payg service Now TV has launched.

http://www.nowtv.com/home?filter=pay-and-play

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/46511/sky-now-tv-movie-streaming-service
    Last edited by penrhyn; 17-07-2012 at 9:12 AM.
    That gum you like is coming back in style.
Page 12
    • London50
    • By London50 19th May 17, 2:39 PM
    • 1,581 Posts
    • 1,519 Thanks
    London50
    I have all of them, if you enjoy music then go for Spotify {if you have or get the Amazon Echo or dot then you can connect the two}
    • warwickbears
    • By warwickbears 19th May 17, 3:13 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    warwickbears
    I think you'll feel more value by going for Spotify.
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 19th May 17, 3:46 PM
    • 32,196 Posts
    • 19,352 Thanks
    getmore4less
    NowTV is just Sky(ish) over the net.

A lot cheaper when you pick up the cheap deals can do entertainment and movies for <£100.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 19th May 17, 4:32 PM
    • 9,044 Posts
    • 5,393 Thanks
    teddysmum
    You don't have the ability to listen while off-line, but you can access Spotify free (supported by adverts, which are more frequent at peak times). The quality of sound from subscription is claimed to be better, but that won't show if your speakers aren't up to standard.
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 19th May 17, 9:26 PM
    • 1,163 Posts
    • 388 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    Any ideas why Vodafone dropped ( or the other way round ) Netflix as part of the entertainment offer withn certain price plans ?
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 28th May 17, 6:26 PM
    • 3,678 Posts
    • 951 Thanks
    Anthorn
    I have a new contract with Vodafone and have a choice between 12m subscription to now tv or spotify. I am leaning towards the latter as now tv doesn't look to be anything special v what I already have (Netflix, sky and freeview) - anyone used it and able to offer their thoughts?
    Originally posted by adonis10
    Spotify is pants on mobile. Apple Music rules and yes you can get it on Android - 3 months free trial and after that 1 months notice.. But it looks like you're stuck with Spotify.

Depends on what you want. NowTV entertainment pass is good if you watch a lot of tv. It has the channels not available elsewhere and box sets hard to find elsewhere. On the other hand if you listen to lots of music Spotify is the way to go.

It's worth noting that on broadband unlimited is advised for both and I would further advise fibre.
    • adonis10
    • By adonis10 1st Jun 17, 12:57 PM
    • 1,570 Posts
    • 204 Thanks
    adonis10
    Spotify is pants on mobile. Apple Music rules and yes you can get it on Android - 3 months free trial and after that 1 months notice.. But it looks like you're stuck with Spotify.

Depends on what you want. NowTV entertainment pass is good if you watch a lot of tv. It has the channels not available elsewhere and box sets hard to find elsewhere. On the other hand if you listen to lots of music Spotify is the way to go.

It's worth noting that on broadband unlimited is advised for both and I would further advise fibre.
    Originally posted by Anthorn
    In what way is it pants? I've already gone for it now but interested to hear thoughts. I may get the Apple music free trial as well to compare the two.

Don't watch an awful lot of TV so felt that freeview, Netflix and Sky is enough therefore went for the Spotify Premium. It is free, after all.

Ah yes, I have unlimited and would never, ever consider getting capped broadband.
    • Sj62
    • By Sj62 22nd Jul 17, 5:09 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 494 Thanks
    Sj62
    NOW TV deal
    Don't know if this is only in my local Tesco or not but they had NOW tv boxes with 4 month movie passes for £5!! I presume it's because they'll be getting in the new Smart boxes.

I bought two. One for the spare room and the other for the passes alone. Maybe I should have taken a couple more ... ah well!
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 22nd Jul 17, 5:16 PM
    • 4,885 Posts
    • 2,026 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Don't know if this is only in my local Tesco or not but they had NOW tv boxes with 4 month movie passes for £5!! I presume it's because they'll be getting in the new Smart boxes.

I bought two. One for the spare room and the other for the passes alone. Maybe I should have taken a couple more ... ah well!
    Originally posted by Sj62
    Ace deal if you are into Cinema...and are happy watching in SD !!
    • PhilStation
    • By PhilStation 22nd Jul 17, 5:22 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    PhilStation

Are these the small black boxes?
    • PhilStation
    • By PhilStation 22nd Jul 17, 5:23 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    PhilStation
    Ace deal if you are into Cinema...and are happy watching in SD !!
    Originally posted by brewerdave
    The movies on demand are 720p, perfectly acceptable quality. Only the live streaming is SD or at least it was, that may even be 720p now.
    • craigr98
    • By craigr98 23rd Jul 17, 11:04 AM
    • 182 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    craigr98
    I presume this is for new customers only?
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 23rd Jul 17, 11:08 AM
    • 2,175 Posts
    • 1,228 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    I presume this is for new customers only?
    Originally posted by craigr98
    Why, you would be buying passes and a box from Tesco not NowTV, just add the pass to an existing account.
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 23rd Jul 17, 11:10 AM
    • 2,175 Posts
    • 1,228 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    I presume it's because they'll be getting in the new Smart boxes.
    The Smart boxes have been in Tesco stores for over a year now.
    • Sj62
    • By Sj62 23rd Jul 17, 12:59 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 494 Thanks
    Sj62
    PhilStation yes it!!!8217;s the small black boxes
    Brewer Dave I just want to watch some films over the Christmas period and then cancel the subscription
    CraigR98 I don!!!8217;t think so. I buy passes from E**y all the time for the Entertainment package. You just have to load them before the current pass runs out or pay that month!!!8217;s subscription !!!8211; as InnerZone mentioned
    • PhilStation
    • By PhilStation 23rd Jul 17, 8:04 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    PhilStation
    Why, you would be buying passes and a box from Tesco not NowTV, just add the pass to an existing account.
    Originally posted by Inner Zone
    Because a 4 month movie pass costs more than the fiver the OP paid.
    • Inner Zone
    • By Inner Zone 24th Jul 17, 9:00 AM
    • 2,175 Posts
    • 1,228 Thanks
    Inner Zone
    Because a 4 month movie pass costs more than the fiver the OP paid.
    Originally posted by PhilStation
    So, you get four months for £5 what is the issue? This is a money saving website.
    • unterwasser
    • By unterwasser 25th Aug 17, 8:41 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    unterwasser
    Sky Sports News on Now TV
    Hi, Looking to get shot of Sky and get a Now TV box with entertainment pass instead. Only thing is I'd like to get Sky Sports News, but donít want to sign up for a full Sports pass.

Can I get it via the entertainment pass or is there an alternative avoiding the £34 a month? Thanks.
    • pen1
    • By pen1 25th Aug 17, 9:45 PM
    • 363 Posts
    • 193 Thanks
    pen1
    It's available via an app on a Now TV Box, at no additional charge provided that you have an active Now TV Cinema, Entertainment, Kids or Sports Month Pass.

If you buy a Sky Sports Day or Week Pass, this also includes 30 days access to Sky Sports News via the same app.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/using-sky-sports-news-hq-app-on-now-tv-box
    • unterwasser
    • By unterwasser 25th Aug 17, 11:25 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    unterwasser
    Thanks, that's made my mind up. Only really want it for Gillette Soccer Saturday.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

334Posts Today

3,961Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Ah these care free days of watching #ENG score 5 goals in the first half of a World Cup match. It reminds me of... Never.

• Then it should be. It's not some accident. It's deliberate grappling https://t.co/UxVTuUSNio

• Penalty yes but time someone was sent off for these wrestling moves #WorldCup

• Follow Martin