PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Eating out of the freezer and cupboards challenge - part two

Comments

• Zafiro, before I became unwell I lost 7 stone with slimming world. Screw the snarky comments and join a club, you'll make great friends and will get brilliant support.

Well done Suffolk! You must be pleased!

Wow jensfeet, I had no idea about malnutrition. Sounds like you are making good progress. Would a crustless quiche be good on your diet? I do one with smoked mackerel. DS will only eat that quiche, the pest.

Half a pack on mince out of the freezer for pasta and nanny sauce (bolagnaise) tonight. Also took ys fruit loaf out of the freezer. DS is a savage for it so it won't last long! It's nearly gone already!
  • oldtractor
    oldtractor Posts: 2,262 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    have begun freezer diving.really want to empty it totally this time. found some delicious duck breasts last night and a piece of brisket. amazing what you forget you had.
  • dannie
    dannie Posts: 2,214 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post First Anniversary
    dannie wrote: »
    As for "seeing space" in my stores, not today!

I think what is happening, in using up my food ingredients, new recipes are then made in considerable quantity and so need storage. Also, where there was store cupboard space, it is now filled with food items previously just left on top of surfaces. Nevertheless, things are being used up with few food purchases made.

Thanks for your message Jensfeet. Good luck.
  • Zafiro

You just go and do what you feel is best for you , your health is so worth it.I am a member of nutracheck an online diet and healthy eating club.

Suffolk Lass fab weight loss I have never dropped weight like that ever.

Well I am back I have been on holiday so hubby has been holding the fort and I can not see much movement.

Out
    roasted veg
    Fresh pasta
    2 chicken breasts
    quorn mince
    Quorn enchillada sauce

IN
    Nothing

I never went shopping before I left and as we both are ill with a chest infection and a head cold can not see us going till weekend:-)
    I will need to find my list and update it!
    Weight loss challenge 66lb to go /59lb's lost

Grocery Budget January £150/£175
    Feb £150/
  • I've been making so much bread recently I'm actually on my last packet of wholemeal bread flour and it's even in date! Still got a few bags of white but soon I should just be keeping one of each at any one time. Small victories!

I could not resist the super 6 offers today so I did end up buying blueberries and pears which son will wolf and lemons and limes to slice and freeze for gin and tonic purposes.

The boy and I also made the weetabix brownies recipe (listed in recipes at start of grocery challenge thread) and they are good!
  • Can i join you all?

I have a freezer full of food and not much money each month so i definitly need to start using what we have! I've been running my store cupboard down so i will need to get bits for that dependant on what my meal plan consists of, but i'll plan this around whats in the fridge and freezer.

Today

Out: sausages, potatos for tea
    In: (and straight out again) beans to go with tea
  • Welcome Penguin8410!

Everyone's very friendly and encouraging here and I can also recommend joining the grocery challenge thread. It's helped me get a grip on how much I'm spending by having to keep a note of it all. There are lots of good recipe ideas too.
  • tootallulah
    tootallulah Posts: 2,197 Forumite
    Well as I am single but still have TWO freezers crammed with 'bargains 'I need to join in. Out pea and ham soup. In nothing.
  • Welcome tootallulah and penguin!

DS and I made a dent in to the ice cream and used the last two cones in the 1st tube in the box. Makes it 1/3 down!

DS said he'd rather not go to the cinema and have a home film night instead. I have some microwave popcorn (ys) to use up so that will be used. He's got some Xmas sweets and chocolate left too so he can have a little tuck mix. And given the money I'm saving (cinema tickets, plus food, plus parking and driving the 60 mile round drip and the meal out) I've offered to buy a new film. It's nice to treat him. We were supposed to do some crafting today, but ended up helping at my parents' place again, he cleared leaves and weeded and I painted. He's such a good boy. I'll also be taking pizza out the freezer for tea tomorrow as well. Stores are shrinking back down again!
  • Out - 1 x bought soup, 2 Beef in Red Wine. Yum. Must make again but I have no beef in. WILL NOT BUY!

2 x chilli, lime mackerel for tomorrow. HM Chocolate brownie.

In - Nothing:D
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family