Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • natzini
    • By natzini 16th Jun 07, 11:28 PM
    • 560 Posts
    • 5,634 Thanks
    natzini
    • 16th Jun 07, 11:28 PM
    • 16th Jun 07, 11:28 PM
    We crunch them up and mix with grated cheese and then top chicken breasts with them, cook in the oven... really yummy!
  • savingsara
    • 16th Jun 07, 11:31 PM
    I do something similar - cut chicken breast fillets in 2, then coat in flour, beaten egg, followed by crushed crisps. Takes about 25 minutes at 210C fan oven.

Usually use cheese and onion flavour, but RS should be tasty too.

3-4 bags needed for 600g chicken
  • leeegglestone
    mmm nice idea. Could do chicken breasts in SC, then Top them and put under the Grill I guess.

I suppose the Crisps should be ok for a couple more days at least, right?
    • lewt
    • By lewt 16th Jun 07, 11:34 PM
    • 7,485 Posts
    • 9,124 Thanks
    lewt
    • 16th Jun 07, 11:34 PM
    yeah they'll be ok for a week or so.....
    If i upset you don't stress, never forget that god aint finished with me yet.
    • jessicamb
    • By jessicamb 16th Jun 07, 11:34 PM
    • 10,066 Posts
    • 5,985 Thanks
    jessicamb
    you will be fine for a good while yet. Just checked my crisps and they have a best before date - so you can comfortably go over, they just wont be as crisp after a while.

I've had crisps months after the best before without adverse effects
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese
    • vixtress
    • By vixtress 16th Jun 07, 11:36 PM
    • 1,148 Posts
    • 4,012 Thanks
    vixtress
    • 16th Jun 07, 11:36 PM
    • 16th Jun 07, 11:36 PM
    to be honest, as long as the packs are sealed they should be fine for weeks (if not months )
    the worst that will happen is them not being quite as crunchy as they should be
    - prior planning prevents poor performance!

May Grocery challenge 150 136/150
  • AMIE399
    • 17th Jun 07, 5:40 AM
    • 17th Jun 07, 5:40 AM
    mt dd most fav dinner is chicken with cheese and crisps...
    skin a some chicken drumsticks, grate some tasty chedder, add the smashed up crisps to a bowl with the grated cheese and mix, then put chicken into a baking dish and squash the mixture all around and ontop of the chicken.. bake till chicken is cooked.... its soooo yummmy. all my dd friends ask if they can have that when they come round for tea !!!
    • Elliesmum
    • By Elliesmum 17th Jun 07, 10:34 AM
    • 1,476 Posts
    • 1,782 Thanks
    Elliesmum
    • 17th Jun 07, 10:34 AM
    • 17th Jun 07, 10:34 AM
    We crush crisps and mix them with cheese to put on the top of pasta bakes, lasagnes, cottage pies etc.

Very yummy and of course they can be a little out of date for this.

EM xx
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato Make 2018 in 2018 no. 37 - total = 1626.25/2018
    • beedeedee
    • By beedeedee 31st Oct 08, 6:01 AM
    • 957 Posts
    • 1,278 Thanks
    beedeedee
    Cheese and Onion crisps
    Hi All

When I buy bags of multi-flavour crisps, it's always the cheese and onion ones that get left - rarely to be eaten, because no-one likes them and eventualy thrown out. What can I do with them please? They need to be disguised in some way that no-one will know I've used them up.
    Any ideas please?
  • superscholesy
    I make cheese and onion crisp butties, but that doesnt really help you
    Never take things for granted
  • archived user
    I run SOCOC ( Society for Orphaned Cheese & Onion Crisps). Please send them to me.
  • Olliebeak
    Cheese and Onion always go FIRST around here - we get left with Smokey Bacon !
  • parsonswife8
    I run SOCOC ( Society for Orphaned Cheese & Onion Crisps). Please send them to me.
    Originally posted by !!!!!!!
    __________________________________________________ _

Nice try!

• saversarn
    I have the same problem- I was advised to crumble them over a tuna pasta bake or similar, but then I found a friend whose children hate salt a vinegar, now we trade crisps it works well I have 3 children she has 7
  • ~*Plushroom*~
    Hi All

When I buy bags of multi-flavour crisps, it's always the cheese and onion ones that get left - rarely to be eaten, because no-one likes them and eventualy thrown out. What can I do with them please? They need to be disguised in some way that no-one will know I've used them up.
    Any ideas please?
    Originally posted by beedeedee
    You could swap with my family, those are the first to go and we end up with a ton of salt and vinegar left instead!

The best way to disguise crisps that I've found is to crumble them for toppings on pasta bakes, lasagna, shepards pie. Then lightly cover with grated cheese and place into the oven so that melts over them. You get a crunchy topping but it disguises the unwanted crisps.
    The "Bloodlust" Clique - Morally equal to all. Member 1/Official 'Bring back Mark and Lard NOW! or else (please)' Member 18
    "We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free." Bill Hicks
    TRUE BLOOD FANGIRLS #4
    Wouldn't You Like To Be A Plushroom Too?
  • imfedup
    errrrrrrrrrrrrrr cheese and onion crisps hate them, loathe them they are the devils work. Always left in my house, used to give them to the ex h then when he tried to get in bed that night I would make him sleep in the spare room cos of the smell, he never did twig on why I always gave them to him.

Now I give them my mum cos she loves them and I dont have to share a bed with her.
  • Verianna
    My mum used to get chicken drumsticks, take the skins off, brush over beaten egg then rolls in crushed cheese & onion crisps and then roast as normal mmmmmmmmmmmmm I might have to make that tonight. I've not had it for years!
    Married mum to 4, new addition expected 02/07/14
    • Nix143
    • By Nix143 31st Oct 08, 11:20 AM
    • 1,103 Posts
    • 7,341 Thanks
    Nix143
    Buy a 6 pack of ready salted instead?
    Comps 2016 in 2016 - 1 wins = 530 26.2%
    SEALED POT CHALLENGE MEMBER No. 428 2015 - 210.93

• MrsBartolozzi
    • By MrsBartolozzi 31st Oct 08, 11:51 AM
    • 6,209 Posts
    • 48,801 Thanks
    MrsBartolozzi
    Seems lots of people have this problem
    We always end up with smokey bacon, but I am not sure what could be done to get rid of the taste if noone really likes it.
    Even the smell of bacon crisps makes me feel ill, so I wouldn't use them with decent food! When I buy a multi pack with bacon in I always price the pack as minus the bacon ones, and see if they are still good value, as the bacon packs lie in the cupboard til they are out of date. The kids would rather eat fruit!

It's only a game
    ~*~*~ We're only here to dream ~*~*~
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,343Posts Today

6,884Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I've just heard about the 8 month pregnant woman shot through the stomach by a crossbow. Its both evil and medie? https://t.co/hQTOxWiXhj

• Major new guide... Brexit, what it means for you and your finances: M mortgages, savings, flights, consumer rights? https://t.co/SXCMG2qXwX

• Have you haggled on the high street in the last year? If so who with and did you succeed? Please vote in this week? https://t.co/fdzmmFfA4u

• Follow Martin