Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Page 1
    • debsy42
    • By debsy42 15th Jun 07, 11:33 PM
    • 1,626 Posts
    • 9,129 Thanks
    • #2
    • 15th Jun 07, 11:33 PM
    • #2
    • 15th Jun 07, 11:33 PM
    Don't think it's the VAT he can claim however I think he can claim as part of his normal tax deductions, how much it is I don't know sorry !!
    ITV Winners Club #87
    • Bean Counter
    • By Bean Counter 16th Jun 07, 8:21 AM
    • 1,469 Posts
    • 937 Thanks
    Bean Counter
    • #3
    • 16th Jun 07, 8:21 AM
    • #3
    • 16th Jun 07, 8:21 AM
    Hi Foxy,

    I agree with Debsy. Husband can not claim VAT back for the tools that he bought as he is not VAT registered.

    He can claim then as a tax deductible expense as I assume that they are essential for his job and the employer does not provide them. I would write to the tax office, enclosing photocopies of any receipts, and he should receive a repayment of tax (depending on when he bought them.)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

203Posts Today

2,326Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @mmhpi: Third time lucky? After being delayed twice, tomorrow MPs are due to debate our #RecoverySpace proposals in parliament. @helen_u?

  • Just a quick note. I've been overwhelmed by the strength of support by my campaign to stop facebook fake ads today?

  • RT @mmhpi: On the eve of tomorrow's #RecoverySpace debate in parliament, we just delivered our 10,000 letters to the Chancellor. People in?

  • Follow Martin