Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Samantha
    • By Former MSE Samantha 9th Oct 13, 3:02 PM
    • 23Posts
    • 6Thanks
    Former MSE Samantha
    Better Energy reviews: Give your feedback
    • 9th Oct 13, 3:02 PM
    Better Energy reviews: Give your feedback 9th Oct 13 at 3:02 PM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Better Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did your switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 4:18 PM.
Page 1
    • normandeguerre
    • By normandeguerre 17th Nov 13, 10:11 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    normandeguerre
    • 17th Nov 13, 10:11 PM
    A fifth cheaper sounds good!
    • 17th Nov 13, 10:11 PM
    This small firm deals only with gas and so (like Green Energy with electricity) doesn't appear when you do a dual fuel comparison a major fault with the Cheap Energy Club as far as I can see. For me, as a low-ish user this firm gives a 20% reduction. And it's green (or at least greener) apparently. And, did I say, it's small! Not only is there no cashback you have to write them an email to get started. Early days - high hopes. We'll see...
    • gt94sss2
    • By gt94sss2 27th Oct 15, 3:09 AM
    • 4,112 Posts
    • 1,910 Thanks
    gt94sss2
    • 27th Oct 15, 3:09 AM
    • 27th Oct 15, 3:09 AM
    I've tried a quick search but does anyone have any more upto date experience with this supplier?

Thanks
    Sunil
    • billbennett
    • By billbennett 13th Nov 15, 3:27 PM
    • 2,270 Posts
    • 1,623 Thanks
    billbennett
    • 13th Nov 15, 3:27 PM
    • 13th Nov 15, 3:27 PM
    In process of switching (go live in a few days) - very positive experience so far. Done almost everything by email, except for calling them to give bank details. No "press 1 for this, 2 for that", straight through to a human. Seems to be no website account management, online billing is a PDF by email each quarter.
    In "Monopoly", what makes the "Super Tax" so super?
    • gt94sss2
    • By gt94sss2 14th Nov 15, 7:38 PM
    • 4,112 Posts
    • 1,910 Thanks
    gt94sss2
    • 14th Nov 15, 7:38 PM
    • 14th Nov 15, 7:38 PM
    In process of switching (go live in a few days) - very positive experience so far. Done almost everything by email, except for calling them to give bank details. No "press 1 for this, 2 for that", straight through to a human. Seems to be no website account management, online billing is a PDF by email each quarter.
    Originally posted by billbennett
    Thanks. I almost switched to them last month but have not done so yet so keep us informed.

I note they have upgraded their website so it now looks as if you can apply online as well now and they have released a new 'Online Fixed Nov16 tariff' which is cheaper than their October 16 version.

If you're on the October 16 tariff, will let let you change without penalty to their cheaper tariff?

Regards
    Sunil
    • Moby_Tide
    • By Moby_Tide 17th Mar 16, 11:56 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    Moby_Tide
    • 17th Mar 16, 11:56 PM
    • 17th Mar 16, 11:56 PM
    Can't fault this lot so far, been with them about 18 months. Still get semi-personal emails every now and again, once advising me they had a cheaper a tariff and would I like to swap for free, then a couple more saying that my winter bills had come in lower than planned so would I liked refund of my credit and to reduce my monthly payments. I moved fromFirst Utility and the difference have been phenomenal. If they only did electric too I would happily swap
    • cheesetoast
    • By cheesetoast 11th Jul 16, 7:55 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 165 Thanks
    cheesetoast
    • 11th Jul 16, 7:55 PM
    • 11th Jul 16, 7:55 PM
    +1 vote for Better Energy. Been very good for me over the last 6 months. Bills by emailed PDF. Meter read requests by email. Very good customer service.
    • ToTo Man
    • By ToTo Man 25th Nov 16, 4:52 PM
    • 114 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    ToTo Man
    • 25th Nov 16, 4:52 PM
    • 25th Nov 16, 4:52 PM
    I'm thinking of switching to BetterEnergy and would be grateful to hear more customer feedback on them please. Do you find the direct debits easy to manage? I'm currently with Eon and like the fact they have an easy to use online system where you can adjust the amount of your DD if you want. The BetterEnergy website looks rather primitive. Do they still manage customer accounts by email and phone?
    • Blackdog
    • By Blackdog 6th Dec 16, 5:53 PM
    • 449 Posts
    • 306 Thanks
    Blackdog
    • 6th Dec 16, 5:53 PM
    • 6th Dec 16, 5:53 PM
    I am thinking of switching from Eon too so any up to date feedback on Better Energy would be gratefully received.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 3rd Feb 17, 8:55 AM
    • 944 Posts
    • 2,755 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    Is Better Energy now the same as Iresa?

If I go to the Better Energy website for a quote for gas, it shows Iresa as being the tariff?
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 3rd Feb 17, 12:13 PM
    • 5,314 Posts
    • 2,359 Thanks
    brewerdave

If I go to the Better Energy website for a quote for gas, it shows Iresa as being the tariff?
    Originally posted by ASavvyBuyer
    I've just signed up with Better Energy for gas - no problems with the site, no mention of Iresa.
    • footyguy
    • By footyguy 3rd Feb 17, 12:21 PM
    • 4,136 Posts
    • 1,684 Thanks
    footyguy

Originally posted by ASavvyBuyer
    No, they are different suppliers.

Are you going to the correct website?
    http://www.betterenergy.org.uk/our-tariffs/

(Although anyone should be starting with a comparison site)
    Last edited by footyguy; 03-02-2017 at 12:25 PM.
    • ASavvyBuyer
    • By ASavvyBuyer 3rd Feb 17, 1:25 PM
    • 944 Posts
    • 2,755 Thanks
    ASavvyBuyer
    No, they are different suppliers.

Are you going to the correct website?
    http://www.betterenergy.org.uk/our-tariffs/

(Although anyone should be starting with a comparison site)
    Originally posted by footyguy
    Yes, started by checking on the MSE site, where it was listed in the top 10, and used the link on there to Better Energy, arriving at their "Quote" page. Was looking for helping out an older relative, whose E.on collective tariff is coming to an end soon.
    Was supprised to see the Iresa logo. Maybe it was glitch in the website using the same name for a graphic and it loaded in the Iresa graphic as we are currently with them for electric?
    Rhondda Cynon Taf, 4kWp, W roof, 30 pitch, 16 x 8.33 Eternity 250w E+10 panels, Solar Edge SE4000-16A Inverter + P300 Optimisers. Inst Aug 2015.
    REUK Diverter, Toshiba RAS-10G2KVP-E Ultra High Efficiency Air Conditioner/Heat Pump, Kia Soul EV & 100% Green Electric Tariff.
    • However
    • By However 16th Feb 17, 9:11 AM
    • 23 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    However
    Just switched to Better Energy gas-only from EON Dual V19. Just received final bill from EON - accurate. 1st Direct Debit taken as arranged. So, the switch has been 100% satisfactory.

Although there's no online account capability for me to keep tabs on my account (everything done by email alone after initial online application), so far no problems.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 28th Feb 17, 9:10 AM
    • 5,314 Posts
    • 2,359 Thanks
    brewerdave
    Currently switching gas from EON to Better Energy -due to "go live" 27th February,so provided meter reading yesterday.
    However ,last night I had an email from Better Energy setting up a Direct Debit -problem was that they had already sent me an email setting up a DD a couple of weeks ago!!!
    Now I've received an email telling me that the first DD had the incorrect reference, so won't be used and I can cancel it!
    Been on online banking and cancelled the first DD but no sign of a new one, so the first payment won't be happening tomorrow as planned.
    I'm now wondering whether they will change all DD dates to match the first one (assuming they set it up correctly this time)
    • Hoof Hearted
    • By Hoof Hearted 28th Feb 17, 9:17 AM
    • 2,164 Posts
    • 2,168 Thanks
    Hoof Hearted
    Just changed to them and opted for a two-year fix. Transfer went smoothly and first DD taken. Early days but OK so far.
    Je suis sabot...
  • E.ON Company Representative: Helena
    Just switched to Better Energy gas-only from EON Dual V19. Just received final bill from EON - accurate. 1st Direct Debit taken as arranged. So, the switch has been 100% satisfactory.
    Originally posted by However
    Morning However,

Sorry to see you go, but good to see all is well with the final bill and the switch.

Thank you

Helena
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • cheesetoast
    • By cheesetoast 2nd Mar 17, 9:54 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 165 Thanks
    cheesetoast
    Just to throw my 2p in the ring, I've been with Better Energy for my gas for about a year now, and been very happy. Everything is done by email, they accept queries by email and send out PDF bills every quarter. Rates are excellent and the staff are very useful. They also have a good phone service if needed too. Definitely recommend.
    • face-t
    • By face-t 2nd Mar 17, 11:12 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    face-t
    As it is only to share experience...

I was with them almost whole 2015.
    No problem with switch.
    They have raised monthly DD a bit [bit too much for liking of average customer I guess and obviously too much in general as it was obvious that winter months will need more energy to use], and were a little sloppy on returning excess. but after reminding them on e-mail it went trough quite prompt.
    • brewerdave
    • By brewerdave 3rd Mar 17, 9:32 AM
    • 5,314 Posts
    • 2,359 Thanks
    brewerdave
    As per post #15 ,I had an issue with the initial setting up of the DD.
    It has been resolved (hopefully!!) by BE suggesting that they leave the date alone but take double the agreed amount on April's DD. I await April 1st with more than usual interest
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

285Posts Today

3,387Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • These scams are nothing to do with bitcoin. They are just scams. My view on bitcoin (though a little old now) a? https://t.co/i6rRIOr5hk

• SCAM! SCAM! SCAM! I have nothing to do with 'Bitcoin trading' or any get rich quick type advert or scheme. Don't t? https://t.co/WjitDxAc26

• Now I've heard it all. Apparently my politics is dictated by who follows me! You couldn't make this up. PS and for? https://t.co/hoPf6Jp34N

• Follow Martin