Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Yogibear
    • By Yogibear 28th Sep 13, 12:04 PM
    • 448Posts
    • 231Thanks
    Yogibear
    Aldi and Parking Eye in Scotland
    • 28th Sep 13, 12:04 PM
    Aldi and Parking Eye in Scotland 28th Sep 13 at 12:04 PM
    we overstayed our 90 minutes in Aldi ,we never saw any signs tbh went on holiday returned to see a Charge from Parking Eye 70 ,I emailed the joint MDS of Aldi then I rang Aldi in Bathgate(H.O) gave details about the store I was in lady was going to get in touch with Parking Eye to get it cancelled I didnt have my receipt,I received a phone call from area manager assuring me that the charge was cancelled,two days later I received a reminder from Parking Eye for 70 so I vented my frustration on Aldi`s page on Facebook,I got an emailed from Aldi wanting details(I had done this already) so ignored it then I received a phone call from their publicity dept (Rachael)when I told them this was supposed to be resolved the lady just hung up,not best pleased to be honest,yesterday I received a letter (unsigned) from PE saying charge was cancelled the area manager told me that Aldi get no money from Parking Eye I said i don't believe that why do it then, they do it in Edinburgh to stop football fans and rugby fans using it going to their matches it is a small car park?!!
Page 1
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 28th Sep 13, 12:38 PM
    • 9,031 Posts
    • 13,979 Thanks
    trisontana
    • 28th Sep 13, 12:38 PM
    • 28th Sep 13, 12:38 PM
    I imagine that Rachel , wasn't from the publicity department but from Aldi's Parking department. I have spoken to her, she is very aggressive, very anti-customer and very pro-Parking Eye.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 28th Sep 13, 12:42 PM
    • 25,119 Posts
    • 40,519 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 28th Sep 13, 12:42 PM
    Yabadabadoo - well done Yogi
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in the critiquing of court case papers, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Stroma
    • By Stroma 28th Sep 13, 12:42 PM
    • 7,917 Posts
    • 8,408 Thanks
    Stroma
    That would be Rachel Organ the aggressive woman in charge of this so called department with Aldi, she's got the reputation of being basically a parking eye rep working for them.

She has no customer skills and is a terrible representative of Aldi, actually I don't think she has any skills at all and comes across as a frustrated power hungry person who is out of her depth in what she does.

Be thankful that it's cancelled though as it's one less headache for you, if you get any other fake ticket in Scotland though, bear in mind that keeper liability and pofa 2012 does not apply there, and highly unlikely that any parking company will try the sheriffs court.

But come back and check to see if anything has changed
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member
  • spacey2012
    • 28th Sep 13, 12:47 PM
    • 28th Sep 13, 12:47 PM
    All supermarkets gain revenue from parking scammers.
    Lies if they say other wise, these contracts are worth a fortune and bidding is very competitive and parking scammers often have to guarantee a set income to get the contract.
    Shop elsewhere, if everyone did this, these scammers would get the boot.
    People will wake up, at the moment we are in the "sheep do as sheep do" stage
    Look those sheep are using Aldi.
    They knew what they were getting involved in when they let this lot loose in the car park, they make wheel clampers look like hare Krishna monks.
    Be happy...
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Sep 13, 8:40 PM
    • 76,597 Posts
    • 89,938 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 28th Sep 13, 8:40 PM
    • 28th Sep 13, 8:40 PM
    We overstayed our 90 minutes in Aldi, we never saw any signs tbh.

Went on holiday returned to see a Charge from Parking Eye 70. I emailed the joint MDS of Aldi then I rang Aldi in Bathgate(H.O) gave details about the store I was in. The lady was going to get in touch with Parking Eye to get it cancelled. I didnt have my receipt. I received a phone call from area manager assuring me that the charge was cancelled.

Two days later I received a reminder from Parking Eye for 70 so I vented my frustration on Aldi`s page on Facebook. I got an email from Aldi wanting details (I had done this already) so ignored it then I received a phone call from their publicity dept (Rachael). When I told them this was supposed to be resolved the lady just hung up!

Not best pleased to be honest, yesterday I received a letter (unsigned) from PE saying charge was cancelled. The area manager told me that Aldi get no money from Parking Eye; I said i don't believe that why do it then? {Apparently} they do it in Edinburgh to stop football fans and rugby fans using it going to their matches it is a small car park!!
    Originally posted by Yogibear

I have put some punctuation in so I could read your post better (sorry, pedantic!) but have also added a link to this thread on the successful complaints sticky thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4766249

Yet another Parking Eye complaint. PE you are certainly winning on that thread (just not at POPLA!).

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • Kite2010
    • By Kite2010 28th Sep 13, 9:00 PM
    • 4,168 Posts
    • 3,556 Thanks
    Kite2010
    • 28th Sep 13, 9:00 PM
    • 28th Sep 13, 9:00 PM
    I would love to see the battle on Watchdog:
    Rachel Organ vs Anne Robinson

Sadly Aldi will probably turn down the request and go "la-la-la-la-la" to any questions
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 28th Sep 13, 9:15 PM
    • 25,119 Posts
    • 40,519 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 28th Sep 13, 9:15 PM
    • 28th Sep 13, 9:15 PM
    I would love to see the battle on Watchdog:
    Rachel Organ vs Anne Robinson

Sadly Aldi will probably turn down the request and go "la-la-la-la-la" to any questions
    Originally posted by Kite2010
    With knickers on her head and a pencil up each nostril - Captain Edmund Blackadder, circa 1917
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in the critiquing of court case papers, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    • Kite2010
    • By Kite2010 28th Sep 13, 9:27 PM
    • 4,168 Posts
    • 3,556 Thanks
    Kite2010
    • 28th Sep 13, 9:27 PM
    • 28th Sep 13, 9:27 PM
    Or

"The terms and conditions of parking are clearly displayed thoughout the car-park with the max time allowed agreed with the local council to prevent people parking and leaving their vehicles in the car-park all day to avoid paying"

or

"We get a kick-back from every Parking Eye ticket issued, we don't care about shoppers"
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 28th Sep 13, 9:40 PM
    • 25,119 Posts
    • 40,519 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    Or

"The terms and conditions of parking are clearly displayed thoughout the car-park with the max time allowed agreed with the local council to prevent people parking and leaving their vehicles in the car-park all day to avoid paying"

or

"We get a kick-back from every Parking Eye ticket issued, we don't care about shoppers"
    Originally posted by Kite2010
    Customers - a total inconvenience. Life would be so much better without them

Aldi - circa 2013.
    • Yogibear
    • By Yogibear 29th Sep 13, 10:08 AM
    • 448 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    Yogibear
    I imagine that Rachel , wasn't from the publicity department but from Aldi's Parking department. I have spoken to her, she is very aggressive, very anti-customer and very pro-Parking Eye.
    Originally posted by trisontana
    I didnt know, I just followed the links in the email I got from their facebook page when they emailed me and presumed it was same mob,I really wish I had calmed down and read the advise from Stroma and coupon-mad, in Scotland if you dont tell them who was driving they can do hee haw
    • Yogibear
    • By Yogibear 29th Sep 13, 10:14 AM
    • 448 Posts
    • 231 Thanks
    Yogibear
    I have put some punctuation in so I could read your post better (sorry, pedantic!) but have also added a link to this thread on the successful complaints sticky thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4766249

Yet another Parking Eye complaint. PE you are certainly winning on that thread (just not at POPLA!).

Originally posted by Coupon-mad
    I have no problem you correcting my punctuation
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

727Posts Today

6,204Users online

Martin's Twitter