Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • Graham1
    • By Graham1 30th Jun 05, 12:38 PM
    • 443 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    Graham1
    • 30th Jun 05, 12:38 PM
    • 30th Jun 05, 12:38 PM
    For anyone looking for a relatively low cost VOIP adapter - so you don't have to keep your computer switched on to make and receive calls - broadbandbuyer are selling the 2 port Linksys PAP2 for £29.99 + postage + VAT (about £42 all in).

Got mine today and it works fine with both sipphone.com and sipgate.co.uk

I was not successfull using it with voipbuster.com (audio only travels in one direction - I have the same problem with the softphone on voipbuster.com so I don't think it is a Linksys problem).

Unlike the version of this adapter sold in the U.S.A. which is tied to the vonage service, the U.K version is the PAP2-NA which is not tied to any particular VOIP provider.

The only negatives are: (1) they don't provide any adapter for using BT connector style phones, the box just has RJ-11 sockets and I found a RJ-11 to RJ-11 cable I already had didn't work, I had to make up a cable with the correct wiring, and (2) the documentation is very basic and doesn't describe all the options present in the software configuration.

However, for the price, for a 2 port model I think it is difficult to beat.

Edit update - I have now got it working with voipbuster.com
    Last edited by Graham1; 01-07-2005 at 1:23 AM.
    • BarGin
    • By BarGin 6th Jul 05, 5:42 PM
    • 837 Posts
    • 129 Thanks
    BarGin
    • 6th Jul 05, 5:42 PM
    Help needed with HandyTone 486 please
    • 6th Jul 05, 5:42 PM
    I've just bought a HandyTone 486 adapter to use with voipbuster.

I had seen lots of configuration information on the voipbuster forum so was going to refer to that but now when I need it the forum seems to have been deleted from the site!

Does anyone have one of these gadgets and if so could they advise me how to configure mine please?
  • Edinburghlass
    • 1st Aug 05, 7:54 PM
    • 1st Aug 05, 7:54 PM
    I downloaded Skype a few months ago and had great success using it just pc to pc for free and able to track the internet at the same time, however recently it has slowed up my use of the internet to dead slow, stop!

Any ideas as to what the problem might be? using it on a laptop if that helps.
  • fgaughan
    • 4th Aug 05, 12:01 AM
    • 4th Aug 05, 12:01 AM
    Hi I have also been trying to get 18866.co.uk and 1899.com working with third party softphones Firefly and X-Lite. I have been using sipgate.co.uk for sending and receiving calls, but I am unable to get either 18866 or 1899 to work despite two days effort and caffine.

I have also trawled the forums and their is evidence, that it does (did?) work, dated at the beginning of the year. I have tried different software and router configurations, but I am coming to the conclusion that only their own software works
    While I breathe.... I hope
    • tinalives
    • By tinalives 19th Aug 05, 10:03 PM
    • 885 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    tinalives
    • 19th Aug 05, 10:03 PM
    • 19th Aug 05, 10:03 PM
    Last edited by tinalives; 01-04-2008 at 8:48 PM.
  • Edinburghlass
    • 19th Aug 05, 10:08 PM
    • 19th Aug 05, 10:08 PM
    Does the internet still run slow when skype isnt running?
    Is it windows xp?
    Do you have a firewall activated?
    Are you running any other internet software, such as file sharing?

Let me know the answers to the above and I may be able to help.
    by tinalives
    Laptop with Skype
    Internet runs incredibly slow so no point in using Skype:rolleyes:
    Windows XP Home
    Firewall activated
    no file sharing (if I knew what that was )

PC with Skype
    Internet runs okay
    Windows XP Business
    Firewall actived
    as above

Thanks!
    • tinalives
    • By tinalives 19th Aug 05, 10:47 PM
    • 885 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    tinalives
    • 19th Aug 05, 10:47 PM
    • 19th Aug 05, 10:47 PM
    Last edited by tinalives; 01-04-2008 at 8:47 PM.
    • Lexis200
    • By Lexis200 21st Aug 05, 9:48 AM
    • 264 Posts
    • 162 Thanks
    Lexis200
    • 21st Aug 05, 9:48 AM
    • 21st Aug 05, 9:48 AM
    If your AV isn't up-to-date, try going here http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_frame.asp or http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/virusinfo/scan.aspx. They are online scanners from reputable AV companies that are free and run over the Internet. The only problem may be that they download around 3Mb of data (the virus definition files), and so if your Internet is slow, it may take ages to download.

Still worth it IMO, and worth doing from time to time anyway even if you already have AV software installed, just as a "second opinion".

If you open Skype, click Tools|Options|Advanced and untick "Start Skype when I start Windows", click Save, then reboot your laptop, does the Internet speed up?

Are you on dialup or broadband? Even dialup should cope with Skype, but if you're on an active call, it will make the bandwidth "available" to surf with very small. As an example, 56Kbps dialup produces around 4.3K per sec under average conditions. You may get slightly more or less depending on line quality and other variances, but 5K is about your max... Skype streams around 3.5K average during a call, and closer to 5K during the actual talking. As you can see, there's not much left in the pipe for surfing! Of course if you're on broadband, there shouldn't be a problem at all!

Cheers

Dave
  • Edinburghlass
    You are all very kind for posting all these suggestions, just to let you know I haven't tried anything yet

Have wireless linked 512 broadband on both pc and laptop.

The slowness of internet when using Skype is on the laptop, the dropping of calls on Skype is on the pc. I did just recently run housecall on the laptop but will do it on the pc.
    • Lexis200
    • By Lexis200 22nd Aug 05, 10:52 AM
    • 264 Posts
    • 162 Thanks
    Lexis200
    Have you got the latest sound card drivers for your machines? Also, are you downloading large files on your laptop whilst trying to make the calls on your PC? That could account for the dropouts. Remember your 512K ADSL line is shared between all connected PCs in the house.

Another thing to consider (although unlikely) is that someone else is using your wireless router illegally (called wardriving). Do you have security on your router... MAC address access list, WEP/WPA security etc? If not, you're effectively broadcasting to anyone in range that they can use your bandwidth. PM me know if you need any more help with this and I can talk you through the steps required.

You could try installing DUMeter, which shows you graphically what bandwidth is in use on your machine... http://www.dumeter.com/?LangID=EN. They have a 30-day eval copy you can use. Certainly this will help understanding the laptop problem, as you will be able to see what bandwidth is actually in use whilst using Skype.

Firstly, try downloading a file, anything at all as long as it's more than 1/2 Meg or so. That will show you what the maximum downloading bandwidth should look like (I'd expect around 59K to 62K of red graph). [NOTE - If it's significantly less that those figures, you either have a problem with your line or PC, someone else is using your bandwidth (see above) or another PC on your network is accessing the Internet at the same time.]

Start Skype and place a call... you should see 4-5K of yellow graph (yellow means upload and download bandwidth in use simultaneously). Now try downloading another file whilst Skype is still on a call. You should see a combined graph showing both yellow AND red, and the D/L speed should go to 59-62K again. Just to check everything, try sending and email with attachment whilst Skype is running... you should see a combined yellow and green graph, peaking at around 29-32K or so. BTW, all this assumes that nothing else is using your ADSL line at the same time.

Post back any differences to this thread and I'll see If there's anything else I can suggest.

Cheers

Dave
  • Edinburghlass
    [NOTE - If it's significantly less that those figures, you either have a problem with your line or PC, someone else is using your bandwidth (see above) or another PC on your network is accessing the Internet at the same time.]

Funny you should mention this Dave as just this morning as I sallied out the house, terraced straight on to large pavement, there was a BT guy pulling cables and ropes from the opened manhole. Apparently there had been a blockage which is now fixed.

We constantly have problems with the telephone lines as the telephone pole is condemmned which means to BT engineers that they shouldn't go up it, not so terribly long along it was all party lines which still tends to mean that in one person in the street has a problem, so does the neighbour.

I am at work so will print out this thread and have a look at your helpful advice when I get home, thanks again to you both.
  • fidslove
    Free Google Talk
    Click Here
    To go to link in Freebies
    • bbb_uk
    • By bbb_uk 30th Aug 05, 11:21 AM
    • 2,099 Posts
    • 488 Thanks
    bbb_uk
    The company behind JustDialSaver Lite (apart of the OneTel group) also do their own VoIP. I've never used them so can't comment on them or even if they are cheap, etc (I did notice they do charge a monthly fee though).

Further information here.
    SayNoTo0870.com
  • BaritoneUK
    VOIPBuster and VOIP Phones
    Hi

I have VOIPBuster and Skype installed on both PCs. We have ADSL (500kb connection) and a wireless network.

There seems lots of questions around but not any answers regarding using a voip phone with VOIPBuster. Ideally I'd like to use VOIPBuster even when my pcs are off. Even more ideally I'd like to plug a normal phone into the router to do this. I know there are adapters out there. The great thing about this would be that I could use a cordless phone to do the talking. Special wireless voip phones cost like £200 which is stupid. Has anyone got any answers?

Thanks.
    • Lexis200
    • By Lexis200 7th Sep 05, 9:57 AM
    • 264 Posts
    • 162 Thanks
    Lexis200
    BaritoneUK

VOIPBuster, Skype and all the others like that are software applications. That means that they need a PC/Mac or other operating system to be present before they will work, so you wouldn't be able to use them if the PC was switched off.

You don't mention what router you have... presumably we are talking home use here, so you are most likely talking about sub £100 ADSL routers and the like. Only the very newest routers out there are likely to have the capability to have VOIP directly from the router; the Vigor2900VG Voice-over-IP Router, and the new NetGear TA612V VoIP Router being prime examples. If you have an older router it almost certainly wont have VOIP built in, and the manufacturers aren't likely to provide updated firmware for this as it means fewer sales of their new products.

If you do have to change your router, be very careful to check exactly how the VOIP features work. The Netgear router mentioned above has limited configuration capabilities, and requires the sipgate service to work. This may not be what you want or already have. Also check that you can route normal calls as well as VOIP calls through the router as well because not all allow this.
    • Graham1
    • By Graham1 20th Sep 05, 11:38 AM
    • 443 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    Graham1
    For anyone using voipbuster for calls to Canada - be aware that these now cost Ä0.01 per minute - when they used to be completely free.

I also see that China, Russia, Taiwan, Israel, Italy, Hungary, Poland are also no longer free when they were before.

They are still free (at the moment) to 19 other countries.
    Last edited by Graham1; 20-09-2005 at 11:43 AM.
    • Graham1
    • By Graham1 27th Sep 05, 12:57 PM
    • 443 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    Graham1
    Somebody mentioned in another thread that Australia has now been dropped from the free countries list. So also have Belgium and France.

So now free (at the moment) to 16 other countries.
  • Vodka
    Vonage.com VoIP
    I've just signed up with www.vonage.com

Its great and very easy to install.

For £9.99 a month, I get unlimited calls to everything except 07,0845,09 and so on.

Check it out at www.vonage.com
  • pricefighter
    I've just signed up with www.vonage.com

Its great and very easy to install.

For £9.99 a month, I get unlimited calls to everything except 07,0845,09 and so on.

Check it out at www.vonage.com
    by Vodka
    Its an expensive way of getting unlimited calls to 01/02 numbers is it not? Intl calls are not that cheap either.

The correct site is www.vonage.co.uk (.com is the USA site,)
    Last edited by pricefighter; 02-10-2005 at 8:59 PM.
    PF.
  • Vodka
    Its an expensive way of getting unlimited calls to 01/02 numbers is it not? Intl calls are not that cheap either.

The correct site is www.vonage.co.uk (.com is the USA site,)
    by pricefighter
    Its not the cheapest as you indicate, however, the ability to plug a conventional telephone handset into a router justifies the cost. Family members with no idea how to use a computer can now make calls over broadband. I think thatís a great thing. Also, with Vonage, the pc does not need to be on like it does to use Skype. Both Skype and Vonage do have their uses; Iím not sure which one Iíll stick with in the long run. Itís all good competition!
    Last edited by Edinburghlass; 03-10-2005 at 8:07 AM. Reason: remove signature
  • pricefighter
    Its not the cheapest as you indicate, however, the ability to plug a conventional telephone handset into a router justifies the cost. Family members with no idea how to use a computer can now make calls over broadband. I think thatís a great thing. Also, with Vonage, the pc does not need to be on like it does to use Skype. Both Skype and Vonage do have their uses; Iím not sure which one Iíll stick with in the long run. Itís all good competition!
    by Vodka
    Yes but you must have a router to use it.Most people have only got a USB ASDL Modem. Also www.freetalk.co.uk offer much the same for £6.99 a month.

If you were to use 1899. £9,99p would give you 333 calls a month,so you must be a high user to benefit.
    PF.
    • paul_h
    • By paul_h 4th Oct 05, 8:41 AM
    • 1,026 Posts
    • 324 Thanks
    paul_h
    MSE'ers on this thread have succeeded in using an analogue telephone adaptor with voipbuster - that's my next project...
  • star1
    Yes - Definatly check out the thread that Paul H has mentioned.

I'm using a Linksys PAP2 (it's capapable of having two lines), and receive calls for FREE via an 0207 number and make calls to 01/02 number for FREE on the other line using Sipdiscount.

- It cost me :-
    - £20 for the PAP2 (plugs into my wireless cable router)
    - Nothing for the Sipgate incomming number (and nothing per month)
    - A 5 euro credit on the Sipdiscount line to make free 01/02 numbers, and other selected worldwide landlines
    - Two phones to plug into the PAP2

* It should be noted VoIP is not as reliable as traditional lines and will drop if you loose power or your BB connection, so make sure you have alternative methods of contact ! (eg. mobile)

Any questions - look on the other thread or ask?

PS - The only catch with the above solution is it's not really suited to a PC novice, you will need to know all about setting up the PAP2 and unlocking it (if you buy a vonage branded unit)

PPS - If you're a PC novice and want to buy somthing "out of the box" look at the www.freetalk.co.uk option (mentioned earlier), it's currently the cheepest (especially if you go for the annual option)- to connect to your RJ45 equiped router.
  • wakeywakey
    I've used voipcheap to make free uk landline calls using my headphones with microphone - but it's not really family friendly etc. The next step using something like an unlocked Linksys PAP2 at http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=2222 costs about £40 plus p&p plus an adapter for each of the 1-2 uk telephones at http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=2370&CategoryID=84&ShopGr oupID=40 (cost £2.57 each plus p&p).

I could plug my Orchid dect phone into this and make free calls (for the time being).

I have telewest broadband via an SB4100 cable modem connected to my win xp machine via an ethernet cable. Can I plug the PAP2 in between the cable modem and my PC?

I don't use wireless or homeplug type stuff at all, although I will be looking to do this over the next 1-2 years so if I had to buy any kit it should "fit in" to the next stage.

As Sipdiscount don't (currently) supply a phone number, I would need a number from sipgate and hence the second phone on the PAP2.

Sorry to be Janet and John about this but this a bear with very little brain.

The crunch is - does any one have this working in a family environment - I can't quite see me having one phone system for incoming and one for outgoing calls. I can see this working in a 1-2 people set up.

The good news is that the market is moving fairly fast, so I won't have too long to wait before a better (i.e. cheaper, easier to use) option arrives.

In the meantime, a telewest phone line plus orchid dect phones plus 1899 is still better than a telewest "saver" package... and I need the time whilst waiting to understand what's coming.

TIA

wakeywakey
  • star1
    The PAP2 does not allow "pass-thru" therefore you would need to have a router.

I'm on Telewest - My Cable Modem RJ45 connects to a Linksys Cable Router (WRT54GS) inturn I have a number of PC's connected including the PAP2. You could always use a lesser model of router without Wireless if you don't need this feature - but you may need to set 'ports' to allow VoIP traffic through (thats why I would'nt recommend it for IT Novices).

I have various lines - but generally the set-up could work fine in a 'family enviroment' You could purchase some DECT multi-handset sets. And tell everyone, that handset type 1 is for incomming calls, and handset type 2 is for outgoing (people just have to dial 0044 (drop the 0) and then the rest of the UK number.

It really depends what 'family friendly means' but once everyone has adopted the rules of dialing it's should be ok .... I guess you might be able to get an orchid dialer to do the 0044 bit - but thats somthing someone else might be able to help with ....

On the otherhand if you need something really simple to use (and totally 'family friendly' - try freetalk from Dixons - its the cheepest VoIP (out of a box solution around) - and might even have RJ45 pass-thru (which you would be able to use on your Surfboard (but check with Dixons and see if the box will do this - ie. an RJ45 in (from the modem) and an RJ45 out to the PC.

• wakeywakey
    star1

mmmm - some pennies beginning to drop.

"You could purchase some DECT multi-handset sets. And tell everyone, that handset type 1 is for incomming calls, and handset type 2 is for outgoing (people just have to dial 0044 (drop the 0) and then the rest of the UK number."

Using the built in orchid dialler, for the incoming calls set, dialling rules could be set up to effectively "ban" all outgoing calls. For the outgoing calls, using sipdiscount, presumably rules could be set up to send uk landline calls "to line" and divert calls to mobiles via the 0808 number for 1899 (for example).

Does this sound feasible?

If the Telewest phone line rental can be done away with - there is 12*£10.50 (£126) to play with per annum. This is the lynch pin to the dixons offering you mention, which presumably will draw in other players to this rapidly changing market.

• star1
    yes - you seam to have a plan that would work.

- You might find some DECT phones that have a call restriction feature anyway (I know Binitones have a babysitter mode - that stops certain call types) - I guess you could use this on one set of phones, and as you suggest the orchid dialer to do the other FREE Calls, although I don't know if Sipdiscount will carry 0808 calls? - I guess 1899 would charge the .5 p/min - but they could always be used for calls to mobiles.

- The Dixons Freetalk deal - gives the cheepest easist 'out of the box' solution - that I'm aware of at the moment. Although - as you suggest - the market is changing rapidly - so, by the time you read this post - there may be a better deal out there :-)
  • wakeywakey
    freetalk
    Thanks star1

After looking at the freetalk website, it does look as if their box could be inserted between the cable router and the standalone PC. Given that their mobile rates are 15/10/5 for day/evening/weekend, does it sound feasible to use the 0808... number (which I assume is free on freetalk) to access 1899 and bring the mobile charges down to 3p connection plus 10p or 3p per min on weekdays and weekends.

It looks as if freetalk doesn't have a connection charge for mobiles... so need to do some calculations on that one.

So for £80 for year 1 (or £20 for box) and £6.99 a month thereafter, I could use freetalk with my orchid dect phones and justify that expense against being able to give up the Telewest phone line rental of £10.50 per month (£126 per year), and probably give up the telewest tv package because I couldn't be paying an extra few pounds a month for having the temerity to give up the phone line...

The only caveat as has been pointed out is 10p/min to access freetalk helpline if needed, loss of service when power lost, and no 999 access. We have mobiles to cover the last two. THis certainly looks like a feasible option to me, and it is good to have a option (I don't consider BT a viable forward option) if the 1899 costs go pear shaped.

Is anyone actually using freetalk or who's done the research who can give some more info?

Thanks

wakey
    • bluemountains
    • By bluemountains 15th Nov 05, 11:56 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    bluemountains
    I have been using Skype successfully to fellow skype subscribers. I then downloaded Voipcheap for Uk landline calls. Then up flashed an offer I couldn't refuse which was SIP Discount.com. I payed up 5 euros and thought I was going to get free calls to Australia and USA using my voipcheap link. But no. They aren't the same. How do I use a SIP account? Do I have to buy yet more equipment?
    • FF99
    • By FF99 28th Dec 05, 3:30 PM
    • 596 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    FF99
    For a non techie what is the easiest and cheapest way to fix up some hardware to my computer that will enable Voipbuster or Voipcheap to be used to make outgoing calls (either at the computer or over DECT cordless phones).

If I have understood correctly the cheapest is a USB device that would enable me to listen / speak and might enable me to dial if I have the correct drivers. Any suggestions on this with the emphasis on cheap. Please indicate whether drivers are / are not available for Voipbuster or Voipcheap.

After that comes some sort of ATA box (unlocked PAP 2 ?) which connects to the main phone network and to my internal computer network, enables switching between the two and enables a DECT phone to be connected. If this is correct what would be the cheapest option that a dimmo with only limited tech skill could use (and where to acquire it from) ?

Thanks for all the help.
    • derrick
    • By derrick 29th Dec 05, 10:52 AM
    • 7,167 Posts
    • 2,341 Thanks
    derrick
    For a non techie what is the easiest and cheapest way to fix up some hardware to my computer that will enable Voipbuster or Voipcheap to be used to make outgoing calls (either at the computer or over DECT cordless phones).

If I have understood correctly the cheapest is a USB device that would enable me to listen / speak and might enable me to dial if I have the correct drivers. Any suggestions on this with the emphasis on cheap. Please indicate whether drivers are / are not available for Voipbuster or Voipcheap.

After that comes some sort of ATA box (unlocked PAP 2 ?) which connects to the main phone network and to my internal computer network, enables switching between the two and enables a DECT phone to be connected. If this is correct what would be the cheapest option that a dimmo with only limited tech skill could use (and where to acquire it from) ?

Thanks for all the help.
    by FF99
    First step would be to download Voipcheap from HERE
    Don`t steal - the Government doesn`t like the competition

• FF99
    • By FF99 30th Dec 05, 8:46 AM
    • 596 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    FF99
    First step would be to download Voipcheap from HERE
    by derrick
    I already had that. What I was after was the stages after ....
    • thefirs
    • By thefirs 10th Jan 06, 8:49 PM
    • 671 Posts
    • 167 Thanks
    thefirs
    Dear [thefirs],

VoipBuster credit is valid for 180 days.
    Your credit will expire in February.
    We advise you to use your credit before it expires and/or buy new credit* so your current credit will not expire.

* buying new credit is only possible if you have a small credit left on your account.

Kind regards,
    VoipBuster Customer Services
    www.voipbuster.com
    Admittedly I only ever spent a single Ä on the credit, but this sort of thing just isn't cricket. Time to enrage Finarea by announcing the introduction of the new chocolate and cuckoo-clock tax in Switzerland
    • derrick
    • By derrick 11th Jan 06, 10:59 AM
    • 7,167 Posts
    • 2,341 Thanks
    derrick
    Admittedly I only ever spent a single Ä on the credit, but this sort of thing just isn't cricket. Time to enrage Finarea by announcing the introduction of the new chocolate and cuckoo-clock tax in Switzerland
    by thefirs
    Got the same email, I only credited with £1, so will not lose much, but does any one know if you need to top up with the new £10 minimum or can you top up as your original credit?

I have emailed them with this question, but whether they will reply or not time will only tell.

• twhitehead
    • By twhitehead 12th Jan 06, 1:22 PM
    • 124 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    twhitehead
    VoipCheap site
    I am unable to get the voipcheap connection or website.
    Could I have done anything to my computer or is anyone else getting the same negative response. I get the message 'Connection failure, unable to get a valid server address.'
    I am able to connect to Skype and Viopbuster with no problem.
    • derrick
    • By derrick 12th Jan 06, 2:14 PM
    • 7,167 Posts
    • 2,341 Thanks
    derrick
    I am unable to get the voipcheap connection or website.
    Could I have done anything to my computer or is anyone else getting the same negative response. I get the message 'Connection failure, unable to get a valid server address.'
    I am able to connect to Skype and Viopbuster with no problem.
    by twhitehead
    No probs, straight to it

VOIPCHEAP

• alositha
    • By alositha 13th Jan 06, 1:52 PM
    • 102 Posts
    • 31 Thanks
    alositha
    bluetooth headset configuration for voip
    i have a blue tooth dongle which commuincate with external bluetooth devices ie phone bluetooth head set. but i don't know whether i can use the bluetooth head set for the voip line to communicate rather than communicating while standing/sitting infront of the pc using headphone/mic. if anyone can let me know how to configure it will be great help. i have already paired the bluetooth headset with the pc but can not communicate through it
    thank you
  • karlgriffiths
    voipstunt.com
    Anyone any comments on the above site before i download. I'm looking for free calls PC to landline abroad. Received a call from a friend using this from Switzerland yesterday which was crystal clear. Thanks
    Val
  • JanS
    Hi Edinburgh Glass
    I've been using www.voicecheap.com for quite some time, with a Headset. I'm now looking for a Modem/Router to use with a BT Freestyle 2200 DECT Cordless Phone? Do you happen to know whether the Zoom X5v VOIP Modem will work with VOIP Cheap, without having to have the Computer switched on? Or, perhaps you know of something better? Also, I was informed by BT not to use 1.8 and 1.9 Gigs (whatever that means?). I'm not really looking for something that connects other Computers and that is negligible. I want something that is complete in itself, standalone, without having to use any additional units. I use Plus Net Broadband. Many thanks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,347Posts Today

9,852Users online

Martin's Twitter