Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sassy_Samantha16
    • By Sassy_Samantha16 17th Sep 13, 11:42 AM
    • 51Posts
    • 18Thanks
    Sassy_Samantha16
    Parking Eye Fine - Aldi Car Park - Help Needed
    • 17th Sep 13, 11:42 AM
    Parking Eye Fine - Aldi Car Park - Help Needed 17th Sep 13 at 11:42 AM
    Hello there.

The other day I went to my local Aldi’s where you are only allowed to park the car for a maximum of two hours free of charge.

I parked the car, went into town to buy a couple of items before popping into Aldi’s to do my grocery shopping.

I had two friends with me in the car and they did their grocery shopping as well.

Unfortunately I stayed over the allowance by half an hour and today I have received a fine from Parking Eye asking me to pay £70.00 but they will reduce it to £40.00 if I pay within fourteen days.

I think I have read somewhere that you can choose to ignore these letters but I am not to sure what to do as I am a newbie.

Should I appeal this or should I just pay ?
Page 1
    • HappyMJ
    • By HappyMJ 17th Sep 13, 11:46 AM
    • 20,595 Posts
    • 17,201 Thanks
    HappyMJ
    • 17th Sep 13, 11:46 AM
    • 17th Sep 13, 11:46 AM
    Appeal...don't ignore. Even if you lose the intial appeal don't pay. Appeal via POPLA...even if that loses don't pay. Come back here if it gets that far.

Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money.
    • Sassy_Samantha16
    • By Sassy_Samantha16 17th Sep 13, 11:50 AM
    • 51 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Sassy_Samantha16
    • 17th Sep 13, 11:50 AM
    • 17th Sep 13, 11:50 AM
    Hello there.

Thank you ever so much for message.

This might sound daft, but what should i say in the appeal letter ?

I have had a quick look and i don't have the receipt from when i did the shopping in Alidi's.

I know that there was only one cashier working and that there was a queue. Plus you had me and my friends having to load, pay and pack all of our shopping on separate transactions.
    • HappyMJ
    • By HappyMJ 17th Sep 13, 11:54 AM
    • 20,595 Posts
    • 17,201 Thanks
    HappyMJ
    • 17th Sep 13, 11:54 AM
    • 17th Sep 13, 11:54 AM
    Hello there.

This might sound daft, but what should i say in the appeal letter ?

I have had a quick look and i don't have the receipt from when i did the shopping in Alidi's.

I know that there was only one cashier working and that there was a queue. Plus you had me and my friends having to load, pay and pack all of our shopping on separate transactions.
    Originally posted by Sassy_Samantha16
    Do any of your friends have their reciepts?

Dear PE,

I was shopping at ALDI and my friends and I got carried away shopping and spent too long not realising that I had to leave within a certain period of time we took our time.

I would appreciate it if you could withdraw the parking charge. The charge is too excessive for the overstay considering I was a customer.

Please send a POPLA code if the appeal is refused

Thanks
    Sassy_Samantha

Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money.
    • Sassy_Samantha16
    • By Sassy_Samantha16 17th Sep 13, 11:59 AM
    • 51 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Sassy_Samantha16
    • 17th Sep 13, 11:59 AM
    • 17th Sep 13, 11:59 AM
    Hello there.

I am now asking my friends for their receipts and i will now re-look for mine.

I can't believe that the fine is £70.00 when it is a free car park.
    • bod1467
    • By bod1467 17th Sep 13, 12:05 PM
    • 14,794 Posts
    • 13,463 Thanks
    bod1467
    • 17th Sep 13, 12:05 PM
    • 17th Sep 13, 12:05 PM
    It's not a fine - it's a speculative invoice.

DO NOT think of it at ANY time as a fine.
  • Hovite
    • 17th Sep 13, 12:07 PM
    • 17th Sep 13, 12:07 PM
    Hello there.

I am now asking my friends for their receipts and i will now re-look for mine.

I'm afraid you are wrong - it isn't a fine - just an attempt by Aldi and Parking Eye to extort money out of you.

You and you friends might want to make your feelings know to Aldi - https://www.facebook.com/AldiUK?filter=2

Also, if you can, go back to the store and see the manager ( and ONLY the manager ) and DEMAND ( not ask ) to have the invoice cancelled.
    • Sassy_Samantha16
    • By Sassy_Samantha16 17th Sep 13, 1:28 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Sassy_Samantha16
    • 17th Sep 13, 1:28 PM
    Thank You
    • 17th Sep 13, 1:28 PM
    Hello there.

Thank you ever so much for your help.

I have asked my friends to see if they can find their till receipts from the day so that i can send a copy in to Parking Eye.

I have also messaged ALDI on their Facebook page asking if they are able to help with the charges as i am unhappy about receiving the charge.

I am also going to telephone the store to speak to the manager tonight to see what he / she can do.

I will keep you all updated.
    • Sassy_Samantha16
    • By Sassy_Samantha16 19th Sep 13, 1:09 PM
    • 51 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Sassy_Samantha16
    • 19th Sep 13, 1:09 PM
    Update
    • 19th Sep 13, 1:09 PM
    A lady from Aldi's customer service team has left me a voice mail asking if i cn telephone her back with some more details and proof of purchase.

Unfortunately we don't have any receipts as we have binned them, but as we paid by card it will show up on our bank statement, and hopefully the store can track it on the tills.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 19th Sep 13, 1:20 PM
    • 23,782 Posts
    • 38,075 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    A lady from Aldi's customer service team has left me a voice mail asking if i cn telephone her back with some more details and proof of purchase.

Unfortunately we don't have any receipts as we have binned them, but as we paid by card it will show up on our bank statement, and hopefully the store can track it on the tills.
    A person I helped (off forum) did just that. Spoke firstly with Aldi CS, who agreed that in light of business they'd been given that PE should cancel the charge. The CS rep was Laura (can't recall surname), but in letter to PE we did use her name to confirm we had spoken with her and she'd agreed it should be cancelled.

Then a case of scanning and redacting any irrelevant info on credit card statement, and sending it off to PE with covering letter - PCN cancelled - Result!
    Please note, we are not a legal, residential or credit advice forum, rather one that helps motorists fight private parking charges, primarily at the 'front-end' of the process.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

930Posts Today

7,010Users online

Martin's Twitter