Puzz tries again.. this time with claws... My DMP Journey. I will get debt free...

Comments

• NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    :jFriday..... :j

So this week I have managed to go on my treadmill everynight...
    Monday 20 minutes
    Tuesday 25 minutes
    Wednesday 30 minutes
    and last night 35 minutes....

don't think I will make it on tonight as I need to cook dinner for my friend who is coming over tomorrow, but then we are going out for a walk in the afternoon so at least will get some exercise over the weekend...

Sunday, lovely mother is coming over to help plant out my triffids... sorry runner beans.. they are huge...!!! no signs of the tomato seedlings yet... I am so impatient...!

No money news, waiting for my £5 Love2shop voucher from RM and nearly finished another survey for them as well. Nectar now at £33. something...

All quiet otherwise.. just how we like it...!! 8 days until SC update my figures so I can do my new percentage.. just wishing the time away again...!!

Next week.. battle of the bulge.. let the war commence....

Have a good weekend..
    Puzz. x

Well done Puzz on your treadmill success:T:T:T:T

Am continuing with my cross trainer steps - hovering around 750-1000 Steps most days. I do 100-200 everytime I go into that room - it raises my heart rate but doesn't feel broing. Want to buy a small tv for that room so its not so boring. Do you listen to music or just walk/run?

NOAh
    xx
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Puzzcat
    Puzzcat Posts: 4,200 Forumite
    Well done Puzz on your treadmill success:T:T:T:T

Am continuing with my cross trainer steps - hovering around 750-1000 Steps most days. I do 100-200 everytime I go into that room - it raises my heart rate but doesn't feel broing. Want to buy a small tv for that room so its not so boring. Do you listen to music or just walk/run?

NOAh
    xx

Hi Noah,
    Well done on your steps!
    I play very loud musical songs and sing along...unless dd is doing homework/revision in which case it is silent and I look at a wall...
    Puzz.x
    Christmas 2020 £109
    I love my dmp started in Nov 13 with SC. Self Managed 2016 57% done
    £60062/25384.84 - 13222.60k UE

MY DIARY
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4768685
  • January2015
    January2015 Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Puzzcat wrote: »
    Hi January,

I have quite a big lounge so the treadmill is at one end and we generally sit at the other so its not really intrusive..!!

Walking is one form of exercise I am quite good at.. (Having done the 26.2 mile moonwalk 4 times..) so when I get in the zone I can shift those pesky pounds...! Obviously walking outside is far better.. maybe you and your OH could do some of that now the lighter evenings are here??

Puzz. x

Hi Puzz

Yes - DH and I have been out walking every evening this week. We are very lucky to live in a beautiful area - lots of forest surrounding us - so straight out of the back garden into the forest and off for walks.

I will have to keep up the motivation. I am in awe of your moonlit walks - well done you:T
    DFW Nerd No. 1484 LBM 07/01/15 Debt was £95k :eek: Now debt free and happy :j
  • StressedSteph
    StressedSteph Posts: 2,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Morning Puzz

Well done with the treadmill, Hope you have been having a lovely weekend and hope you have a good walk with your friends yesterday xxx
  • Puzzcat
    Hi January and Steph thanks for popping in...

So as predicted I didn't manage any exercise on Friday evening but my friend and I did about 4 miles on saturday afternoon, so that burnt off a calorie or 2.. Has left me with shin splints mind, she's a fast walker and although I can keep up she starts fast and that does my little legs in.. so i'm hurting a bit still today but will go on the treadmill later...

She also bought me over a bag full of clothes.. and she is a very nice dresser... I haven't explored it yet, I know most if not all items won't fit me at the moment so great motivation to kick this stone off...I will tip it all out on my bed tonight and have a good look.. what I don't like I will pop in the boot fair collection.. I am planning on doing one in May or June, need to clear mine and dd's wardrobes and get into the loft over the next month.. May put up my clothes rail and start sorting the clothes in preperation...

Lovely mother came over yesterday and helped me pot out my runners.. poor babies it wasn't very warm and they look a bit shocked...!! Hope they make it, they are about 2 foot tall now so couldn't stay in my utility any longer....!! 4 seedlings have popped up in the tomatoes.. no sign of any of the expensive one's.. hope they weren't a duff packet....me being impatient again.....

Plans for the week..
    Treadmill and road walking with other friend..
    Start sorting for boot fair and sort gifted bag of clothes..
    opticians with dd
    Work.......
    Try to eat better.. I didn't do too bad over the weekend, except saturday night which was a piggy night with company...!
    Bank £20 of 20's and 50's for summer holiday fund..

That's about it.....
    Happy Monday all.. I best go out and do some work shortly...!

Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • NoOneAround
    NoOneAround Posts: 1,822 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning Puzz
    Moonlit walks - that's brilliant. I love walking too, but haven't done much over the winter. Last couple of times into town I have parked on the outskirts (cheaper at £1 per hour as opposed to £3 or more per hr!) and its a brisk 10-15 minute walk into the centre.
    No more steps this weekend but spent over 4 hrs in garden yesterday and very achy today so must have done some god and stretched a few muscles somewhere!

I also need to not buy any snacks this week (had them over Easter while kids home) - doritos and popcorn were half price so I stocked up but DS (and I have to join in!) ends up having some every night:eek:).

Have a lovely day
    NOAh
    xx
    Feb2014 Total unsecured debt £72,520>>01/06/16 £68166>01/02/17 £66,600=8.18%PAID
    Mortgage Jan14=209,800 Jan15=£200,300 Jan17£180,700>OCT17 £170,200
    Health/Fitness Challenges Priority#1 Stay Fit and healthy - whatever it takes:)
    Wombling Free Cash May2016 £51
  • Puzzcat
    Happy Tuesday... :j

Received my Love2shop voucher so that's gone in the pot for Christmas.....

Didn't manage the treadmill last night, my shins were killing me..! Glad to say they are better today and I am out 'street' walking this evening with a friend whilst dd is at the cinema..

I did empty out the gifted bag of clothes and as expected beautiful as they are I doubt I would fit in any of them...!!! Unfortunately no suitable tops for work so may have to bite the bullet and buy some.. but not until after I have sorted through my wardrobe...!! Must get out and buy some flat pumps for work so I can get out of my boots in the next few weeks...

I will continue my clothing sorting tomorrow evening..
    Diet not too bad but as long as I'm exercising I hope to see a small result come weigh day on Friday..

DD was laughing at me last night doing sit up's.. well I think it was the grunting noise I was making that kept her giggling...!

Beans have survived 2 nights outside, poor things bet they are chilly overnight...! And more tomato seedlings are popping up...

No money news, waiting until the weekend when Sc will update my statement. I can't believe I have been on this journey for nearly 18 months now.. will be an update at the end of the week...

Love Puzz. x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Brogden
    Brogden Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    Oh Puzz..........'Street Walking' is not the answer :o !! You can pay it off gradually through a DMP you know :rotfl:!!

All sweet young things should be safe and sound at home :D !!

I hope you are well my dear Puzz :)

Brog x
  • Puzzcat
    Brogden wrote: »
    Oh Puzz..........'Street Walking' is not the answer :o !! You can pay it off gradually through a DMP you know :rotfl:!!

All sweet young things should be safe and sound at home :D !!

I hope you are well my dear Puzz :)

Brog x

Hi Brogs..

A Puzz has got to do what a Puzz has got to do...!!! I like walking the streets, I'd like it even better without groups of youths and loose dogs but hey ho...!!! I always walk in company, I'm a scardy cat and wouldn't go on my own..! and its lovely light evenings now..

"sweet young things.." I think you have me mixed up with someone else...!!! :rotfl:

Hope your keeping well...
    Love Puzz. xx
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
  • Puzzcat
    Right today...

Got caught up in the excitement of the meerkat movies promotions... managed to get a uk single day travel policy in dd's name to qualify for the cinema tickets.. (read the mse email if you have no idea what i'm talking about..!! )

I then discovered that I could have saved my £2.81 as OH's van policy that was taken out in October takes precedence and hence we get 5 months of the promotion, additional policies don't count..Naughty MSE costing me money... Still I'm sure if dd only uses it once she will have made up my £2.81 spend....!

Street walking again last night.. 2.5 miles with a different friend, much slower pace, too slow really but I'm breaking her in gently...!!! We are going again tomorrow and tonight I will treadmill.... In fact it probably took as long to do the 2.5 miles last night as it did to do the 4.3 miles on saturday afternoon with the other friend..... :)

Also going to try and tackle some of my clothes tonight for the boot fair, will put rail up in lounge and drag some items down and start ironing.....

No money news if you discount my massive £2.81 wasted spend, thank you again MSE...

Currently waiting to hear from dd who is sitting at school with her 'friend who is a boy'.. shame they look quite good together.. think his girlfriend may object mind...!!

Happy hump day.. and heading for the weekend....:j

Love Puzz x
    Christmas 2020 £109

MY DIARY
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income