Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 20
    • Joe90Uk
    • By Joe90Uk 28th Feb 18, 2:14 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Joe90Uk
    Nice to see that this issue is being debated in the House (this month) - I will endeavour to contact the MP's for Sheffield where the retail park is based, and also my local MP to add some extra weight to the discussion.

Thanks again for your assistance!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 18, 10:18 PM
    • 57,539 Posts
    • 71,119 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Getting a Premier Parking Solutions 'scam' (Hansard) PCN cancelled by P&O Ferries at Hull Docks:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5794414

this is the email address I sent my email to: customer.services@poferries.com

Unfortunately any correspondence always just came from the general email so Im not sure of the personal email. I think they must use the case number to direct the email to the correct person who is dealing with you.

The P&O employee then liaised with a colleague in Hull who was in touch with someone at PPS and managed to get the charge cancelled. Their customer service was really good which was rather unexpected after reading other peoples experiences.
    The more people who complain to a landowner/retailer, the more PPCs get sacked from sites.

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 15-03-2018 at 11:11 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• ViolentlyPlacid
    • By ViolentlyPlacid 15th Mar 18, 11:05 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    ViolentlyPlacid
    Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share my success story with you all. This is the first time I've posted on a forum so forgive my sins!

I received a PCN from Athena ANPR Ltd after using a McDonalds drive-thru and parking in the car park. Apparently I overstayed by 20 minutes and was given a 100 charge notice. There were no obvious signs about time limits and definitely no signs where I parked. The McDonalds shares a car park with Lidl but there's no distinction between spaces for the different companies. Following advice from the forum I used the following appeal sent via email to Athena, word for word, no evidence submitted:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re PCN number:

I am the keeper of the vehicle which received this purported 'parking charge'. There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. I am not liable and I believe that your signs fail the test of 'large lettering' and prominence, as established in ParkingEye Ltd v Beavis. Your unremarkable and obscure signs are in small print and the onerous terms are not readable.

Should you fail to cancel this PCN immediately, I require the following information with your template rejection:

1. Does your charge represent damages for breach of contract? Answer yes or no.
    2. Please provide dated photos of the signs that you say were on site, which you contend formed a contract.
    3. Please provide all photographs taken of this vehicle.

I am alarmed by your contact and I do not give you consent to process any data relating to me, or this vehicle. I deny liability and will not respond to debt collectors. You must consider this letter a Section 10 Notice under the DPA, and should you fail to respond accordingly, your company will be reported to the Information Commissioner.

I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and will also be making a formal complaint to your client landowner.

If you are a current BPA member, send me a POPLA code. If you are an IPC firm, cease and desist with all contact.

Yours faithfully

I duly received a standard rejection letter, no acknowledgement that I even requested any information much less production of said info. In the interim I complained to both Lidl and McDonalds (both through customer services) stating I was a loyal customer, no signs displayed where I parked and I would be taking my business elsewhere and recommending others do the same. Lidl responded saying THEY have contracted Athena to manage the car park in order to "ensure adequate parking spaces are available" to their customers. They told me I need to appeal through Athena and let them deal with it.

Fortunately I had a better response from McDonalds who asked for the PCN number, contacted Athena and got the PCN cancelled. They also forwarded me the confirmation from Athena as I requested. I'm tempted to email Lidl's CEO and complain about the lack of response from them considering they contracted Athena in the first place!

Thanks so much to all of you who offer advice, it's much appreciated!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 15th Mar 18, 11:12 PM
    • 57,539 Posts
    • 71,119 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I'm tempted to email Lidl's CEO and complain about the lack of response from them considering they contracted Athena in the first place!
    I would do so, tell them how disgusted you are about Lidl's pathetic response to this 'scam'.

Well done!

Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• _SJP_
    • By _SJP_ 16th Mar 18, 4:32 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    _SJP_
    Success with a PCN issued at Morley B&M car park.
    Success with a PCN issued at Morley B&M car park.

Big sign in the shop saying that they will NOT deal with car parking complaints.

Thanks to the template in the "newbies" section I managed to get a PCN cancelled issued by Smart Parking.

A ticket was actually bought (which they failed to mention in their threatening letter, and I still had it) and the overstay was a mere 15 minutes. 100 for 15 minutes, stuff them, idiots. I still won't shop there even though it got resolved.

No way was I going to pay them their extortion money, I'd have fought it all the way.

But luckily I didn't have to.

These scammers need to be curbed. Regular folk pay the "fine", I know this because when I went looking for the signs, there was a couple there that said they had paid a 60 "fine" before it would go up to 100.
    • Merle1992
    • By Merle1992 4th Apr 18, 5:10 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Merle1992
    Successful cancellation of PCN
    Hi guys,

Just wanted to share my success story thanks to the advice I read here and on Pepipoo.

At the end of February I was visiting London and popped into a Morrisons car park to grab some things for the journey home. My Morrisons home store has a parking eye and is two hours free parking. Following signs for the Morrisons car park I parked for 40 mins on a Sunday and thought nothing of it so imagine my surprise when my mother (registered driver) received a parking charge notice from Civil Enforcement LTD for 100 (60 if paid within 2 weeks). I never saw any signs to say it was pay and display and to be honest I wasn't expecting it to be as every other Morrisons i'd been to has been 2 hours free.

I immediately contacted Morrions via email and Twitter and was referred to their car parking team. I was told that they couldn't help me as 'they only deal with parking eye and euro car park". I asked if they could confirm if they used Civil Enforcement for the monitoring of this particular car park and they refused to say, saying they couldn't discuss that. Unbelievable. I've repeatedly asked for Morrisons statement on why they use these companies for their car parks and been ignored every time. I'm still fighting them on terrible customer service.

Any way, after all of this time it was nearing the end of the 28 day period (I know I should have probably appealed earlier but I was trying to get it cancelled by Morrisons first). On the PCN it said to appeal via writing or email. The only email on the PCN was very small and at the bottom but I used that to appeal on day 26 via my mothers email. I wrote:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I was not the driver of the vehicle and the parking notice does not meet the requirements of the Protection of Freedoms Act to pursue me as the registered keeper. I require you to either cancel the charge or pursue the driver. For me the matter is closed.

You are required to treat this as a section 10 notice under the DPA. As you no longer have "reasonable cause" to continue processing my data, you must cease processing within 21 days except sufficient information to confirm that you have done so. Further misuse of this data will constitute harassment and cause significant distress. Misuse of personal data is a tort, as confirmed in Vidal-Hall v Google [2014] EWHC 13 (QB) and Halliday v Creation Consumer Finance Ltd [2013] All ER (D) 199.

Thank you and Regards,

I did not receive any response and then after googling the company found their website where there was an online appeals box. Feeling slightly worried that I had not received a conformation from their email (i doubt it's even monitored) I sent the same email to the online appeals a couple of days later, adding that I had already contacted them via email and had no response.

Two days ago (about a week after the online appeal) we received a confirmation of cancellation notice from Civil Enforcement:

We refer to recent communications with this office in respect of the Parking Contravention Enforcement Notice. We now confirm this Notice has been cancelled.

Yours faithfully,
    Representations Team

SUCCESS. I am so happy to have beaten them. Thank you so much for all your advice. Wouldn't have been able to do it without this forum.

Sorry this was so long, just wanted to get all the details in, in case it helps someone else!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Apr 18, 5:36 PM
    • 57,539 Posts
    • 71,119 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Glad to see that Civil Enforcement continue to crawl back under their stone when a registered keeper points out that their PCNs are not capable of keeper liability!

Here's a success where a poster emailed Mike Coupe, the CEO of Sainsburys, re Euro Car Parks:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5820318

''Got this email today! So pleased.

Thanks for your email to Mike Coupe, I've been asked to respond on his behalf. I'm sorry you're unhappy about receiving a parking charge notice at our Welwyn City Garden store, and I'd like to address this.

We aim to provide facilities which all of our customers will enjoy and we also try to ensure everyone can access a parking space if they need one. However, our customers may, sometimes, receive a parking charge notice, and we'll do all we can to help them.

Please be assured that I've taken your comments seriously and have shared them with Euro Car Parks, with whom we have a professional working relationship. They monitor our car park to help to prevent abuse of the facility, and signage is provided to advise customers of the parking rules and regulations. One of those rules is that customers are required to park within marked bays only, and vehicles parked outside of the bays will be at risk of receiving a parking charge notice. I apologise for the disappointment this caused.

However, on this occasion, Euro Car Parks have cancelled your parking charge notice and no further action, or payment, is required.

Thanks again for taking the time to get in touch, and we look forward to seeing you in store again soon.

Kind regards

Craig McEwan | Executive Office
    Sainsbury's Supermarkets Ltd''

• motherconfessor
    • By motherconfessor 4th Apr 18, 9:40 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    motherconfessor
    Another success story here. I received a parking invoice for overstaying the parking limit at Kinswood Retail park in Hull. The only reason that I overstayed was that the car park was in gridlock and it was completely impossible to leave! I was itting in stationary traffic next to my parking space for an hour and a half.

I appealed against the 'fine' through G24 website, but the appeal was refused. I contacted CEOs of Argos and Matalan and complained directly to them. Following advice on this site I expressed my disgust and disappointment that they would allow G24 to charge me for shopping in their stores over a situation that I could not avoid. Initially, they both said that they could not help me. However, after about a week, Matalan got back to me and said that they had instructed g24 to cancel the 'fine'.
    Last edited by motherconfessor; 04-04-2018 at 9:41 PM. Reason: typos
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Apr 18, 9:43 PM
    • 57,539 Posts
    • 71,119 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Well done to you. How dare retailers pretend there is nothing they can do!

Here is one where Excel tried to fine someone for shopping at Iceland, and were slapped down:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=119558&st=0&gopid=1371922!!!en try1371922

Resolved.
    Iceland store was not much use today although a manager was not available. Supervisor seemed to think this was a matter I should resolve myself.
    Head office were much more useful and could understand my objection for a 100 fine for 34mins parking whilst shopping in store due to an error inputting registration.
    Any one else with a ticket under similar circumstances should phone Iceland customer care line and explain. If they cannot resolve ask to speak to the Property Administrator.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 04-04-2018 at 10:15 PM.

• SpeedDemon
    • By SpeedDemon 10th Apr 18, 3:41 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    SpeedDemon
    Success with PCN Issued at Park Inn by Radisson, Heathrow
    Hi All

Just wanted to share another success story.

Was issued a PCN at the Park Inn by Radisson, Heathrow in Oct 2017. I had visited the hotel to meet a client for a meeting but due to the car park being full to capacity I did not actually find a parking space for 45 mins then spend a further 10 mins setting up a pay by phone account.

I paid for 2 hours but ended up leaving the car park after 3 hours (Including the 45 mins looking for a parking space).

ParkingEye were useless and refused to cancel the invoice.

I was about to draft a POPLA appeal but after visiting this forum last night I send an email to the GM of the hotel. The email bounced back as the GM has since left his role but I managed to speak with the Guest Relations Manager this morning (Alejandro Fernandez) who accepted the hotel did have a parking issue and lack of spaces. (PE had previously rejected this argument)

This afternoon Alejandro has confirmed by email that he has spoken to ParkingEye and requested the cancellation of the 'parking charge' which has saved me a lot of admin in drafting a POPLA Appeal.

PS: For those wondering why it took from Oct to now to only get to POPLA. Initially the driver was not identified and by my own admission I submitted a weak defence to POPLA which was rejected.
    Not backing down, I identified the driver to have another go.. But didn't need to get to POPLA this time..
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 10th Apr 18, 4:00 PM
    • 36,642 Posts
    • 83,001 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    Hi All

Just wanted to share another success story.

Was issued a PCN at the Park Inn by Radisson, Heathrow in Oct 2017. I had visited the hotel to meet a client for a meeting but due to the car park being full to capacity I did not actually find a parking space for 45 mins then spend a further 10 mins setting up a pay by phone account.

I paid for 2 hours but ended up leaving the car park after 3 hours (Including the 45 mins looking for a parking space).

ParkingEye were useless and refused to cancel the invoice.

I was about to draft a POPLA appeal but after visiting this forum last night I send an email to the GM of the hotel. The email bounced back as the GM has since left his role but I managed to speak with the Guest Relations Manager this morning (Alejandro Fernandez) who accepted the hotel did have a parking issue and lack of spaces. (PE had previously rejected this argument)

This afternoon Alejandro has confirmed by email that he has spoken to ParkingEye and requested the cancellation of the 'parking charge' which has saved me a lot of admin in drafting a POPLA Appeal.

PS: For those wondering why it took from Oct to now to only get to POPLA. Initially the driver was not identified and by my own admission I submitted a weak defence to POPLA which was rejected.
    Not backing down, I identified the driver to have another go.. But didn't need to get to POPLA this time..
    Originally posted by SpeedDemon
    Unfortunately it's not over until parking lie say it's over. I would contact them with a copy of the email stating that since the principle has instructed them to cancel, you assume the matter is now closed.

Don't forget to complain to your MP an Sir Greg Knight MP as detailed in the NEWBIES.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • mixedpickle
    • By mixedpickle 5th May 18, 8:24 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    mixedpickle
    repost link?
    [QUOTE=Coupon-mad;71476085]A retailer told UKPC to cancel a 100 'charge':

Write to your MP as well as Mrs May. Here's a template if you are wondering what to write:

url..

Hi Coupon-Mad would you be able to post this link again? doesn't seem to work
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

61Posts Today

2,789Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin