Add your feedback on energy supplier Green Star Energy

Comments

• robin_banks
    robin_banks Posts: 15,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    basil92 wrote: »
    Yep..I did too for 2 years (many many years ago), but if someone ended their contract refunds were done as soon as final meter readings were verified..a cheque:eek: was sent out the same day...

I have evidence of at least 6 unanswered emails..but they have over £100 of my money, why would they rush to answer :(:(

Best practice :rotfl: I'm not holding my breath!!!

Best practice = common sense ;)

Poot service all round though. Then again an ex customer probably not a high priority sadly :/
    "An arrogant and self-righteous Guardian reading tvv@t".

!!!!!! is all that about?
  • Delete33
    Delete33 Posts: 802 Forumite
    Greenstarenergy failed me I am afraid. Left them in Jan this year, had £1000 credit, just received my money last week through Resolver here at MSE. Passed from customer service rep on a daily basis, appalling lack of care and understanding. NO Compensation given from them after they had my £1000 for months in their bank account. They asked me to send proof that the money had not been paid back to me in April, I asked them for proof that it had left their bank account and paid back to me. DO not go with Greenstarenergy.
  • I can only echo what the others say regarding a final bill.

Left Green Star over seven weeks ago & I,ve tried to get a final bill but to no avail, They blame my new supplier Eon & Eon blame Green Star.

I have worked out that i,m owed close to £100 when my final bill finally arrives!
  • basil92
    basil92 Posts: 12,510 Forumite
    Utterly inept are my thoughts on Green Star(less) Energy.

I submitted final meter readings and terminated my contract with them 29/04/2016. A new tenant took over the supply the same day.

After to speaking to them 02/05/2016 they said my account would be finalised and I would receive a final statement and refund within 7 days (my account is over £100 in credit).

They then tried to take a further direct debit 06/05/2016.

I then received a rather threatening letter telling me I need to pay the amount of the direct debit or else I will be billed at their standard rate, rather than the fixed rate I was on.

Numerous emails from me since have gone unanswered and they still have my money!!:mad:

Is this grounds for a complaint :( and more importantly, how the heck do I go about getting my refund?

Ok so I have finally got a response to my emails (I sent about 10!).

They say I can not have a refund until I reinstate a DD?:think:

Surely that isn't necessary for them to transfer my refund?
    They have my bank details so why do I need to set up a new DD?

I can see it now, I set it up then they take another payment for whatever figure they pluck out of nowhere!!:(

Why can't they just send me a !!!!ing refund:mad:
    If you want somebody you can trust...trust yourself :cool:

Chopper98 wrote: »
    Basil - Lovely, a sensitive soul with legs designed for the catwalk
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Ok so I have finally got a response to my emails (I sent about 10!).

They say I can not have a refund until I reinstate a DD?:think:

Surely that isn't necessary for them to transfer my refund?
    They have my bank details so why do I need to set up a new DD?

I can see it now, I set it up then they take another payment for whatever figure they pluck out of nowhere!!:(

Why can't they just send me a !!!!ing refund:mad:

I've had this before with another supplier (I think it was EDF).

The problem is that the supplier does not keep your bank details, other than within the DD system they use. When you cancel the DD, they cannot any longer see the bank details associated with it - and they need these details to refund you.

Another reason not to cancel your DD mandate until all is done & dusted.

What EDF managed to do was reinstate the DD mandate, despite me having cancelled it direct with the bank (who knew they could even do that?)

I don't know about Green Star, but I suspect as they are only a small supplier, they may well be using a third party to collect DD's for them - that means they won't have direct access to the DD scheme that a large supplier like EDF have.

I have no idea how you can reinstate a DD mandate - perhaps ask your bank? (but don't be surprised if they deny any knowledge of how to - I find most bank staff has less knowledge of the DD scheme than Joe Public already has)

Only other way would be to sign a new mandate agreement so the supplier can lodge a new mandate with the bank - but that would be pointless as the mandate application would then have the bank details they need to refund you. Just see if you can give them the bank details so they can refund you.

Whatever happens, don't worry about unathoursied deductions from your bank account by DD - you are completely covered by the terms of the DD guarantee :)
  • basil92
    footyguy wrote: »
    I've had this before with another supplier (I think it was EDF).

The problem is that the supplier does not keep your bank details, other than within the DD system they use. When you cancel the DD, they cannot any longer see the bank details associated with it - and they need these details to refund you.

Another reason not to cancel your DD mandate until all is done & dusted.

What EDF managed to do was reinstate the DD mandate, despite me having cancelled it direct with the bank (who knew they could even do that?)

I don't know about Green Star, but I suspect as they are only a small supplier, they may well be using a third party to collect DD's for them - that means they won't have direct access to the DD scheme that a large supplier like EDF have.

I have no idea how you can reinstate a DD mandate - perhaps ask your bank? (but don't be surprised if they deny any knowledge of how to - I find most bank staff has less knowledge of the DD scheme than Joe Public already has)

Only other way would be to sign a new mandate agreement so the supplier can lodge a new mandate with the bank - but that would be pointless as the mandate application would then have the bank details they need to refund you. Just see if you can give them the bank details so they can refund you.

Whatever happens, don't worry about unathoursied deductions from your bank account by DD - you are completely covered by the terms of the DD guarantee :)

Thanks footyguy.

I am very hesitant about setting up a new DD...so many things could go wrong.

I think that giving them my bank details should suffice, if not they could take a huge leap back in time, and send a cheque..but setting up a new DD? Is that really necessary *sighs*

• footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I am very hesitant about setting up a new DD...so many things could go wrong....

Rest assured that should anything go wrong, you have the full protection of the DD guarantee.

Under that guarantee, you claim direct to your bank and it is your bank that is responsible for refunding you anything taken in error, and they will do that by the end of that day if not sooner.
  • basil92
    I'm still waiting for my refund :(

• robin_banks
    robin_banks Posts: 15,778 Forumite
    I'm still waiting for my refund :(

Still ?........
    "An arrogant and self-righteous Guardian reading tvv@t".

!!!!!! is all that about?
  • Dustykitten
    Dustykitten Posts: 16,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I only got my refund after posting on their facebook page. Seems to work for quite a few people. Good luck
    The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure