Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    John Fletcher
    ParkingEye still will not send POPLA code
    • 11th Sep 13, 4:07 PM
    ParkingEye still will not send POPLA code 11th Sep 13 at 4:07 PM
    Hi all

Sorry if this has been covered before.

Long story short.... Received a PCN for overstaying in the Fistral car park.

Appealed to them stating I was not the driver at the time of offence, and that I would not be disclosing drivers details.

Standard reply back extending my time to pay or provide details.

I then replied asking them to either cancel or issue a POPLA code that I was entitled to.

I have now received a "warning" that I should provide drivers details or pay up.

and still no POPLA code.

My question is what should I do next to get the POPLA code?

Many thanks in advance
Page 2
  • John Fletcher
    Appeal submitted to POPLA

Response recieved - Your appeal will be considered on or soon after 5 December 2013.

Fingers crossed
  • John Fletcher
    The POPLA email response I got said that my appeal would be heard around the 5th December and that they were awaiting evidence from ParkingEye.

Should I have received any evidence or does it go straight to POPLA? I haven't heard from ParkingEye since they provided a POPLA code.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 2nd Dec 13, 7:58 PM
    • 24,978 Posts
    • 31,887 Thanks
    Redx
    The POPLA email response I got said that my appeal would be heard around the 5th December and that they were awaiting evidence from ParkingEye.

Should I have received any evidence or does it go straight to POPLA? I haven't heard from ParkingEye since they provided a POPLA code.
    Originally posted by John Fletcher
    in my own case I am dealing with, popla sent it on (forwarded it) after they had received it from the PPC
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • John Fletcher
    in my own case I am dealing with, popla sent it on (forwarded it) after they had received it from the PPC
    Originally posted by Redx

Thanks, just it's close to the 5th and I still haven't seen any evidence or heard from either of them.

It's a waiting game I guess
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 2nd Dec 13, 8:13 PM
    • 76,396 Posts
    • 89,717 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    ParkingEye do have 'postal problems' at the moment!

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/parkingeye-postal-chaos-prankster.html

They also had issues in May/June. In fact let's be fair, they have issues full stop!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT UNLESS IN SCOTLAND OR NI
    TWO Clicks needed Look up, top of the page:
    Main site>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    • hoohoo
    • By hoohoo 2nd Dec 13, 9:24 PM
    • 1,679 Posts
    • 3,118 Thanks
    hoohoo
    Phone POPLA and ask if they have PE's evidence yet. If they have, tell them you haven't and ask for an adjournment until you get it and then have 7 days to consider its contents.

If they don't have it, then you should win by default on dec 5th as I think POPLA have almost caught up the backlog
    • Redx
    • By Redx 2nd Dec 13, 9:26 PM
    • 24,978 Posts
    • 31,887 Thanks
    Redx
    if they have caught up they certainly havent given my relative the verdict yet !! been waiting a couple of weeks now !!! lol
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • John Fletcher
    ParkingEye evidence received today

Lots of photos, documents etc
    Last edited by John Fletcher; 06-12-2013 at 4:32 PM.
    • waamo
    • By waamo 6th Dec 13, 4:45 PM
    • 7,862 Posts
    • 10,698 Thanks
    waamo
    It's usually about 15 pages of guff that POPLA ignore once they see GPEOL.
  • John Fletcher
    It's usually about 15 pages of guff that POPLA ignore once they see GPEOL.
    Originally posted by waamo

Fingers crossed!!
  • John Fletcher
    Is there a certain period of time that I should have heard from POPLA?

My appeal should have been heard around the 5th December. Should I contact POPLA or just leave it till the new year?
    • Redx
    • By Redx 18th Dec 13, 5:46 PM
    • 24,978 Posts
    • 31,887 Thanks
    Redx
    Is there a certain period of time that I should have heard from POPLA?

My appeal should have been heard around the 5th December. Should I contact POPLA or just leave it till the new year?
    Originally posted by John Fletcher
    you can certainly send an email chasing it up, but I can assure you my relative has been waiting for a month now and so is in the Q long before yours and yet has heard nothing at all from POPLA, so I told them to chase it up too, this week !!!

it would seem they are wayyyyyy behind LOL

ps:- so same answer as post #23 and #27
    Newbies !!
    • 4consumerrights
    • By 4consumerrights 18th Dec 13, 6:26 PM
    • 1,960 Posts
    • 2,842 Thanks
    4consumerrights
    I think they may be clearing the backlog (look at the POPLA appeals page today!)
  • John Fletcher
    Thanks for everyone's help regarding my PCN

I received an email from POPLA today and my appeal has been allowed.

According to the adjudicator the appeal was allowed only on this point

"The Appellant made various submissions but I will only consider the point of
    the Appellant in relation of the charges provided by the Operator being
    operational costs and they should not be used as a genuine pre-estimate of
    loss in this case."

Whatever there reason - I'm happy and ParkingEye are probably not.
    • Redx
    • By Redx 17th Jan 14, 6:00 PM
    • 24,978 Posts
    • 31,887 Thanks
    Redx
    excellent news

so another PE fistral beach issue eh ?

please can you post the decision with the assessor name (but minus your personal details) in the popla decisions thread at the top of the forum

also mention its a PE loss in the opening sentence as well , stating it won on not a gpeol

thank you
    Newbies !!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,777Posts Today

8,095Users online

Martin's Twitter